• Mister Pink

Reach For The Dead

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:19 AM

Shame you couldnt control yourself to play it slow the first time. Its good your enjoying the 2nd play through, but you already know where to go, what to do and what's going to happen next.

When you put it like that, it sounds like I'm an alcoholic and I fell off the wagon. Nah, all though I remember locations and characters, I forget a surprising amount. I still don't know what happens next exactly, until it happens. Even at that I'm still discovering heaps of new stuff a long the way. So it's all good :D

@CapitalistCommunist: What's your point and how is your post relevant to this topic? We weren't discussing if people liked or disliked the game. But if you want to open some dialogue on it, you can PM me :) Maybe if you stopped trying to get GTA V to fit in to your mould and vision and relax and just go along with Rockstars vision, you might enjoy it - kinda what I did. But, until then, there's no need to spread your unrelated, off-topic negativity in my obviously positive post.

MilezDawg: Thanks for the post and that's great but what's your point?  :)

@Twistedweather: That's exactly it!

Going to add more to this pot later :D

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

I'm on my second play through and it heaps better. Enjoying it more. Picking up on stuff I missed the first time. Much more enjoyable now.

I'm going to have to turn the map off now to learn the roads better.

warlord GTAV
  • warlord GTAV

Wizard

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:11 AM

if I start another game will it wipe my old save or does it stay.

Strength
  • Strength

Sugar Tits

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:07 PM Edited by Strength, 03 April 2014 - 03:10 PM.

Been playing like this since GTA III. You know, taking it slowly as possible. Exploring the city, landscape, the world. Absorbing every detail to the fullest and playing it realistically as possible (by learning the mechanics and physics of the game). I gave up on klling everything and everyone on sight that moves, driving like a lunatic and generally rampaging (except the police and enemy A.I.) and so on and so forth since Vice City. It's just not fun for me anymore. Instead I like to play the game as I am the narrator in the interactive movie, and GTA V gave me a lot of this epic movie scenes and feels.

After first playthrough (and learning everything I needed to, for the full experience), I took  second and third one as slow as possible with GTA V (I invested in second 250 hours and in third one around 600 hours without yet reaching the 100%). I wish I had a recorder for my third playthrough. From complete realistic character movement, to camera handling and controling almost perfectly, to cinematic driving that I perfected around 90%, handling of each weapon on free aim with great efficiency to exploring on foot almost every street and location on the map and doing missions and side activities to fit each other and each of character personality at the right time. Not to mention I created my own unique side activities, routines and codes (like my own set of rules I obey in the game: no ped killings if I am not provoked or attacked, sticking stricly to the roads with cars, walking not running to the goal and playing fast and so on) for each character that I follow, and my experience after almost seven months still lasts. ;)

• Snoochie_Boochies and no_snacks like this

Gr33n17
  • Gr33n17

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

I'm gonna do this on my second play through too. I'm also gonna turn off the radar and try to not look at the map either. I'll probably do free aim as well.

Does turning off the radar effect the map when you pause the game? I would be interested in doing this my second play through because I'm guessing you use the map in the pause menu to find out where to go, memorize the route and drive there...

OneManCrimeWave
  • OneManCrimeWave

The One Lovable yet Deadly Human Criminal Conspiracy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:32 PM

I'm gonna do this on my second play through too. I'm also gonna turn off the radar and try to not look at the map either. I'll probably do free aim as well.

Does turning off the radar effect the map when you pause the game? I would be interested in doing this my second play through because I'm guessing you use the map in the pause menu to find out where to go, memorize the route and drive there...

In my experience, yes it does. But it's only a small effect: for some reason you will be fully zoomed in on the player icon when you go to use the map in the pause menu. It may/may not happen on occasion. Hope this helps.

• Gr33n17 likes this

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 05 April 2014 - 12:41 AM

So what happens when there's a waypoint for a mission? You would have to have a radar then wouldn't you?

OneManCrimeWave
  • OneManCrimeWave

The One Lovable yet Deadly Human Criminal Conspiracy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:55 AM

^

If you want to, then yeah. But if you want to keep playing without the radar then you'll have get use to remembering certain areas during missions or when your in free roam or use the map in the pause menu to help you out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users