Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:33 PM
My 3 Favourites
2- CJ (maybe cause of nostalgia, the awsome adventure he went on and his cool voice)
3- Trevor (damn its close between niko and trevor but I go with trevor because nearly all his cutscenes or conversations he made me laugh)
1- Franklin- f*cking boring! Depressing! Buzzkill! Asshole! I cant imagine a gta game based on him because all he does is bitch and moan about everything! He needs to listen to lamar now how awsome would it have been if lamar was the protag!
2- Vic vance- He is nostalgic charecter for me because it was the first game I brought on psp nd loved it! I liked vic vance until I decided to beat vcs again and I realized what a f*cking pushover this guy is. Seriously this guy says yes to everyone but only after bitching and moaning. His alot like franklin!
3- Tony cipriani- Boring! Boring! Boring! Boring! Boring! What else can I say about him?
Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:35 AM
Aren't we done with these "favorite protagonist" threads?
Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:57 AM
Least Favorite: 1.Trevor
- Drunken Cowboy likes this
Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:19 AM
Least Favorite: 1.Trevor
I would like to change my bottom three to his list.
Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:35 AM Edited by Tycek, 31 March 2014 - 07:35 AM.
1. Niko Bellic
2. Tommy Vercetti
3. Johnny Klebitz
1. Franklin Clinton
2. Carl "CJ" Johnson
3. Trevor Philips
Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:25 AM
1 Tommy Vercetti: the good: Intentionally funny and badass at the same time, like a mobster, a leader; the bad: -
2 Niko Bellic: the good: Realistic and beleivable eastern european, a professional; the bad: no ambition
3 Johnny Klebitz: the good: The real biker dude, a leader; the bad: no ambition, no alternate clothing
1 Trevor Phillips: the good: unintentionally funny and badass a leader; the bad:Mentally unstable, weird, sadistic serial killer, sexually deranged, drug addict
2 Michael Townley/ De Santa: the good: intelligent, a leader; the bad: adulterer, hypocrite, backstabber
3 Toni Cipriani: the good: badass; the bad: no initiative or ambition, follower
Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:21 PM
1. Niko Bellic
2. Johnny Klebitz
3. Vic Vance
3. Luis Lopez
2. Huang Lee
Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:23 PM
I don't hate any of the protagonists, but if I have to choose a least favorite, I choose Luis. He just isn't that interesting. Since I've never played VC stories, LS stories or Chinatown wars, I can't comment on those characters.
Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:10 AM
Can we give explanationssssss
1) Johnny Klebitz: A modern-day chivalrous knight. Pretty much the only protagonist that's not trying to build his way up the criminal ladder; rather, trying to hold his gang together and do what's best for those he cares about. His dialogue is philosophical, his demeanor is hardcore, and he's got a pretty funny deadpan, dry sense of humor.
2) Niko Bellic: He's a killer with a conscience. He's got a badass army background and can assertive but rationally take care of business. In his winding down time, he really develops through conversations with Roman, Kate, etc.
3) Toni Cipriani: A regular wise-guy, pretty much the only "real" mafioso we got to play as. He and his missions are just a big parody of all the old mob movies and TV shows.
(4) Luis Lopez (Honorable mention.): No depth or buildup as a character. He dubs himself a "murdering maniac", though, he really has no back story other than being in prison for a couple years on a drug bust. He's very bland, and his voice actor does a very lack-luster job at portraying his character. Though, Luis has a heart for friends in need and they let him deliver a few clever lines that made me smile.
3) Franklin Clinton: He whines and complains, he doesn't know what he wants. He's really a third wheel to the GTA V protagonists, just "holy sh*t buy this game 'cause Grove Street Gangsta" and diversity. Nothing he's said has been remotely witty or amusing.
2) CJ: I don't get the CJ obsession. He has no depth whatsoever. He just does what everyone tells him to do, and for no real motive. "Let's start a garage because f*ck you, CJ. Let's rob the army because f*ck you, CJ."
1) Trevor Philips: Forced, rancid, repulsive, and basically there to just make the eight-year-old white suburban kids pretend to be a badass and squee with glee. All of his actions are unmotivated, in an undeveloped way. I can dig a good psychopath, but waking up drunk in your underwear is a pitiful attempt at humor and gets old quickly. They try to work him into the story and it just never works. We're supposed to feel sorry for the guy with abandonment issues when he abuses and murders all the people who get close to him... Oh, and he killed Johnny K. in that miserably written scene for no reason other than to try to build up some "I don't care what you think of me!" image again... like there aren't enough scenes that do that...
Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:48 AM Edited by Zodape, 02 April 2014 - 01:49 AM.
1. Claude: many people don't consider him a "character" because he doesn't talk. He doesn't need to. His actions speak for himself. He takes sh*t from literally no one. He is not a whiner. He know what he has to do and he does it his way. He needs no money. He prefers keeping a low profile. He is all by himself because that's how he rolls. He know's what's best for himself. If someone becomes annoying to him, he will blast his/her face in a matter of seconds. Cold as f*ck. In short, he knows what's best for himself and knows how to survive. Easly the best protagonist.
2. Trevor: he really is a close second. He is funny as f*ck and takes sh*t from almost no one. He is a bit too whiny from time to time, but that doesn't stop me from loving his character. He represents the worst side of the criminal world; cannibals, rapists, psychotic killers. I really like him. His character does have some depth, but people don't give him enough credit. No surprise, the guy is controversial as f*ck. I can understand all the hate Trevor gets. The guy is a motherf*cking troll. He is unpredictable; I'm always looking forward for what kind of crazy sh*t he might come up with next time. I hope to see more psychotic protags by R* in the future, or at least more about Trevor in a DLC.
3. Niko: I haven't even finished GTA IV yet but I he already has a guaranteed spot in my top 3. He brings something new to the cast of protags, which is a criminal who doesn't want to be part of the criminal underworld but he is forced to. Although I find the parts when he talks about "the war" really forced as f*ck (it's like he jumps out of nowhere and screams at you "feel bad for meeeee"), he is still a really likeable guy. As the other two, he takes sh*t from no one and is almost as effective as Claude at the moment of getting sh*t done (I said almost because Niko is more human, he gets the option to spare his victims and feel bad for other people, which is what I think that will end up killing him; even if he is laying low now, RDR taught us that you cannot escape from your past). Let's not forget his crazy "red army sh*t" (even though the fighting animations in-game are quite silly). Really likeable guy and the story is easly the best in the franchise. Bravo, R*.
Now, the worst:
3. None (once I play EFLC I might fill this spot).
2. Franklin: I like the guy. I really do. But he is boring as frigging f*ck. His story is reeeeeeally undeveloped. There's nothing interesting I can tell about him. Let's hope he redeems himself in the DLC.
1. CJ: this guy is plain silly. No, I'm not talking about his I.Q. His character is just stupid. But not the "stupidly funny" type of guy like Trevor. He is just stupid. Like a bad movie that's not that bad that you can laugh at. That kind of stupid. The guy starts as a gangbanger who ran away and finally returns to his crappy life of... well... gangbanging. Then he does some jobs for some crazy bitch to get cash to get out his brother out of jail. That's fine. Then he does some jobs for some hippie because f*ck you. Yep. Then he gets a garage and somehow makes some money out of it. Okey... Then he does jobs for this nerd. Because f*ck you. Then he does some jobs for this goverment guy who promises that he will free his brother or something. That's fine. Except for the fact that he makes CJ steal a f*cking fighter jet. A gangbanger? In a Hydra? And then he goes into an Area 51 parody base to steal a f*cking jetpack?! Wat. Then he gets a casino. Then he robs the rival casino. Then he becomes a goddamn rap manager or whatever. Then his brother gets out and goes back to the f*cking hood... yes. He didn't say "f*ck you Sweet. I've got cash and bitches. I don't care about your stupid thug life". Nope, he went all "Eeeeeh... kay. Well pop some Ballas and then back to the casino, okay?". This is f*cking stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy ended up being the president of the United States of America and killed some space vagos to save the universe. What the f*ck is this sh*t?
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users