- - - - -

[IV] ViIV - levels/gta5/ for GTANY

3,136 replies to this topic
Franklin123
  • Franklin123

Rockstar Games Dev Team

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:22 AM Edited by Franklin123, 04 April 2014 - 04:26 AM.

Awesome job devs! Release the alpha when you can and then, once the boundaries are fixed, this will be even better! CitizenMP:IV would be such a great implementation to this mod -- maybe even similar to GTA Online. Can't wait! :D

Edit: Just a thought... I think that you all should call up some of the best script modders to add the ability to swim underwater (once the mod is stable).

Yeah, Underwater is Very cool, And add the plane.So we can go around in  this city with flying ( once the mod is stable). I think release the alpha.So, Next time you can fix it with update  :cry:

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:50 AM

And hey, NTA, think you could also port the storyline to? That would be swell, especially if you got some missions in the alpha which don't delay BTW would be great if we can see it next week or something.
  • GamerShotgun, Jestic, PingPang and 11 others like this

line v
  • line v

Player Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:21 AM

I got a really nice ENB to go with this map too.

Get out.

I'm going to make a special ENB just for it when the map is out. Something tropical, or desert'ish. I got all kinds of new tricks for orange sunsets/sunrises, blue sky, realism. :) I just can't say it enough how stoked I am for this project to be available.  :lol:

If you do make one can you make it for a low end pc as well?

DestinyExplorer
  • DestinyExplorer

I actually need GTA V PC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

Anyone know when we might get a first alpha? I can't wait for this much longer....

• uuserr likes this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

A 9 Millimeter, Ski Mask, And a Hunters Knife

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

I'll make it more vsual for you people:

See, the blue plane are the map boundaries, as you can see, the airport and docks go just underneath it.

xN9tS.jpg

Yea, it would be much more useful to wait for the limits to be fully cracked.. but hey its your choice...

I got a really nice ENB to go with this map too.

Get out.
yea, ENB ain't modding bro... its just "adjusting pre defined settings"
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit likes this

RSR_Commander
  • RSR_Commander

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

See, the blue plane are the map boundaries, as you can see, the airport and docks go just underneath it.

xN9tS.jpg

What about the northern bounds of the map? Sandy Shores Airstrip? Southern bank of Alamo Sea? I can't really see them in this pic. Could someone point them out?

• PacketOVerload_x64Bit and itrpatrick like this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:44 PM

Quick question.

Is the North Yankton mod affiliated with this in any way?

• uuserr likes this

#Shake
  • #Shake

Im B_Shake In Game

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

damn, gta v map is so huge and cool....cant wait...

K0ol-G-R4P
  • K0ol-G-R4P

QB Representor

• Members

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:37 PM Edited by K0ol-G-R4P, 04 April 2014 - 09:38 PM.

Yeah but its also a sanity thing, most people don't read and are idiots. So I can only imagine that first week of morons screaming "OMG CANT ACCESS BOTTOM OF MAP DIS SUCKS!!" Getting in the way of the real reports.

This is very true but that is not a valid reason to stop an alpha release. The question in the poll is very clear, "How should the world boundary issue be handled for the first ALPHA?" You can't stop nor curve stupid people from making stupid posts by delaying an ALPHA release. Just because they can't complain about reaching the bottom of the map doesn't mean they won't find something else to complain about.

• DestinyExplorer likes this

flak0x
  • flak0x

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:32 AM

So yeah NTA..everyones voted :D

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 April 2014 - 02:59 AM

Quick question.

-snip-

To my knowledge, yep. ZZcool isn't though, so that's a plus. Cutting out the marketing middleman makes the project easier on the leader's shoulders.

• sharpie_eastern, theNGclan, Mega and 1 other like this

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

ENB Whore & AUIRB2U Author

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:24 AM

Would be much better to have one "block" of unusable blank/empty'ish wilderness than the populated areas which was emphasized in the first trailer (Life Guard Station). Otherwise we'll have terrain with only trees etc. on rather than a place to park your boat, beach...

Just my ¢2. 

• itrpatrick likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:34 AM

Would be much better to have one "block" of unusable blank/empty'ish wilderness than the populated areas which was emphasized in the first trailer (Life Guard Station). Otherwise we'll have terrain with only trees etc. on rather than a place to park your boat, beach...
Just my ¢2. 

That's option 3 on the poll, but it's pointless work having to change the co-ords only to change them again later. It'd be more work for NTA which isn't needed and could be spent elsewhere.
  • zcire, PacketOVerload_x64Bit, Rockstar Games™ and 1 other like this

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:40 AM

Just my ¢2. 

That's option 3 on the poll, but it's pointless work having to change the co-ords only to change them again later. It'd be more work for NTA which isn't needed and could be spent elsewhere.

Ah! Now I see what you guys mean. I agree, This is strictly about the Alpha "work." Well if it's not a problem in the final build, hell, bang out whatever you want for the alpha NTA!  :cookie:

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Not using Cinematic FPS

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:20 AM

Oh man I really hope there'll be some kind of alpha. You don't know how much that image makes me want to drive around LS. I don't even care about the country. LS looks amazing.

• SaL_Leone likes this

Arrivance
  • Arrivance

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:11 AM

Quick question.

Not really, no - while that video I believe uses a modified version of his tools (from the description), in this project, he's used some of the tools they used but made it so that you don't have to manually model everything - everything is, more or less, directly ported into formats that the game supports, rather than a hectic manual modification workflow.

But really, the first post should give you enough of an insight. 

itrpatrick
  • itrpatrick

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:02 PM

Well, the only few questions I have are:

When can we expect an alpha release?

Where will the mod be uploaded?

• uuserr likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:20 PM

When it's ready and NTA is happy to release it in it's current state.
  • zcire, uuserr, Mr. Jago and 4 others like this

Rockstar Games™
  • Rockstar Games™

Non Official Forum Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:24 AM

Are you also having LOD issues?

zcire
  • zcire

GTA V for PC

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:55 AM

Best of luck on this project!  NTA is a pro, I look forward to the future progress of this.  

uuserr
  • uuserr

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

no matter what, alpha as soon as possible  :beerhat:

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:36 PM

Are you also having LOD issues?

Yes, and he dealt with them. IV already was a clusterf*ck regarding LODs, it has a 'tree' system where multiple objects use one LOD. In total you got 2 LODs* in IV. V is even more expanded, you got 4 LODs* So each individual object has a LOD, if it's big enough to qualify for a LOD that is. Then these LODs are linked together to a bigger LOD, and again, and again. 

The last LOD are only about 100 objects for the entire GTA5 map. 

*On top of the high poly models.

• zcire, Platinum Card, PingPang and 5 others like this

flak0x
  • flak0x

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:32 AM

Any technical updates @NTA?

Havocado
  • Havocado

the one who failed to develop script

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

This release, however, due to GTAF rules, will not be available (or even allowed to be hinted at a download link) on any GTANet websites, so you'd have to figure out how to get it on your own

Well i'm afraid of this...... i hope at least he tell us something when the map released..... (well I have suggestions-- is it possible to move the map to to the front so cutting the mount part and having the airport and the docks xD)

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:47 AM Edited by PacketOVerload_x64Bit, 07 April 2014 - 09:48 AM.

https://www.facebook...toverloadx64bit

Groups that have a few members:
https://www.facebook...B.Series.group/

https://www.facebook...42200099222517/

And I imagine Moddb & Mania will have no trouble with any of that. This rule is rather discretionary, sometimes being enforced with an iron fist (EFLC interiors -> IV) and other times not bothered with at all (Franklin, Michael, Trevor -> IV, GTA V Cars -> IV). 

Oh well I guess.

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:06 AM Edited by Argon, 07 April 2014 - 11:08 AM.

And I imagine Moddb & Mania will have no trouble with any of that. This rule is rather discretionary, sometimes being enforced with an iron fist (EFLC interiors -> IV) and other times not bothered with at all (Franklin, Michael, Trevor -> IV, GTA V Cars -> IV). 

Oh well I guess.

what are you on about?

Are you talking about the possibility of this mod being released on here? Because I think it contains most of V's files (From console versions), and I don't think it's allowed..

zcire
  • zcire

GTA V for PC

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:01 PM Edited by zcire, 07 April 2014 - 12:04 PM.

Yea it probably won't be released here. I think he's saying even if there is a chance it's released here, check Moddb just to be on the safe side. I'm sure there will be more info or a site for the mod as it goes forward. 

I'm sure it will take a long time for them to complete this.  

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:16 PM

Oh well I guess.

what are you on about?

Are you talking about the possibility of this mod being released on here? Because I think it contains most of V's files (From console versions), and I don't think it's allowed..

Yeah I know, I'm saying check the other sites and here are a couple groups to help get the word out. 

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:19 PM Edited by nkjellman, 07 April 2014 - 05:27 PM.

You should be fine on Moddb. I had EFLC Map Updates there and they didn't seem to care. But there was that project that brought GTA IV's map too GTA SA and GTA Forums staff didn't seem to care ether. Maybe because IV is getting old.

Edit: You guys will get attention for the map. I know zzcool is for North Yankton. Hope this mod will give Rockstar and Take Two the kick in the ceaster they need to announce that the game is coming to PC. A crap tun of downloads may convince them. Maybe someone aught to post that on the comments of the Bring GTA V to PC petition.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Contribution Award [Modding]

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

mm, doing final preparations for an alpha, also doing a live feed of development stuff right now if anyone cares

• Zer0w5, Silent, PacketOVerload_x64Bit and 8 others like this

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users