Photo

[IV] ViIV - levels/gta5/ for GTANY

2,004 replies to this topic
DestinyExplorer
  • DestinyExplorer

I actually need GTA V PC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:18 PM Edited by DestinyExplorer, 02 April 2014 - 07:21 PM.

Okay, I've hit some fairly significant issue with fixing up the world sector boundaries in preparation for the initial alpha, seeing as _citye and _cityw extend a slight-but-significant bit outside of the boundaries of the standard world sectors and I'd need to have a more advanced framework set up for proper expansion of these (by rewriting all involved functions in a large part, for which I'd have to set up a bunch of clean game interfaces preferably) which is kind of part of the project I was planning to do past the alpha, so I've set up a poll with a few options I have to choose from regarding this to check your opinion on these items.

Please do vote.

Do we have an idea on when the initial alpha will be released? Also, I don't see the poll.

EDIT: I was jumping the gun on the poll, nvm.

wahgah
  • wahgah

Lost In Postion

• Members

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

leve it be, we can just ply around with whatever part of the map is accessible.

• DestinyExplorer likes this

DestinyExplorer
  • DestinyExplorer

I actually need GTA V PC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

There's no harm in releasing the alpha before the framework is made, since the people who want to wait can still wait, but the people who want the map have a primitive version.

• K0ol-G-R4P, SNAKE DOC, Rockstar Games™ and 1 other like this

Rockstar Games™
  • Rockstar Games™

Non Official Forum Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:24 PM Edited by gtaivmodderz, 02 April 2014 - 11:16 PM.

Take your time, I don't mind waiting, IMO the longer you work on it, the higher quality it will be (Not in GTA IV: LS teams case) but a alpha demo would be nice.

• BlackScout and itrpatrick like this

SNAKE DOC
  • SNAKE DOC

\o/

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

Very interesting project! DestinyExplorer brings up a great point that I fully agree with.

• itrpatrick and DestinyExplorer like this

K0ol-G-R4P
  • K0ol-G-R4P

QB Representor

• Members

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:29 PM

I agree with Destiny.

There is no harm in releasing the alpha now before the framework is made.

itrpatrick
  • itrpatrick

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:37 PM

What do you mean exactly by "the bottom part of the airport and docks"? And If I go near said area, will the game crash or will there just be an invisible wall?

I'm fine with a small untravelable area in the first alpha. But if there is a delay, how long will it be expected to last?

• Rockstar Games™ and BlackScout like this

flak0x
  • flak0x

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:30 PM

There's no harm in releasing the alpha before the framework is made, since the people who want to wait can still wait, but the people who want the map have a primitive version.

I agree with this completely.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:07 AM

GTA IV has the same bound issue that San Andreas does. However, scripted objects still spawn outside the bounds with out issues.

If the bounds can't be modified, and there isn't too much map outside the bounds, the more larger objects (basically land and buildings), could be used as a place holder. However, this will look like sh*t compared to having it actually done properly. But it will be better than the map getting cut off.

• itrpatrick likes this

wahgah
  • wahgah

Lost In Postion

• Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:40 AM

Some people had said that NTA broke the boundaries of gta iv, is it true in some way?

itrpatrick
  • itrpatrick

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:31 AM

Some people had said that NTA broke the boundaries of gta iv, is it true in some way?

I believe so. I heard he created his own modification tools to do this.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:16 AM

I would suggest that you hold off the alpha until you can fix the "structural integrity" of the mod a bit more...

People might hate the delay but "Quality over Quantity" is what I say ;)

• Frank.s and theNGclan like this

flak0x
  • flak0x

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:39 AM

I would suggest that you hold off the alpha until you can fix the "structural integrity" of the mod a bit more...

It's still an alpha so I'm sure that even with the delay, there'd be other bugs and glitches.

If he releases it now, people will have fun on the current map and those who want to wait for the fixed version will still get to do so. Everyone wins.
  • K0ol-G-R4P, Rockstar Games™ and itrpatrick like this

K0ol-G-R4P
  • K0ol-G-R4P

QB Representor

• Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:13 AM

This doesn't make any sense to me.

We're talking about delaying an "alpha" release which implies to expect a lof of bugs.

If you would like to wait to download a more stable version than go away and wait. No point in making people who don't care about bugs and who would contribute to bug testing wait for a more stable release.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:58 AM

Yeah but its also a sanity thing, most people don't read and are idiots. So I can only imagine that first week of morons screaming "OMG CANT ACCESS BOTTOM OF MAP DIS SUCKS!!" Getting in the way of the real reports.
  • Platinum Card, MajesticNL, Frank.s and 3 others like this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:30 AM

Yeah but its also a sanity thing, most people don't read and are idiots. So I can only imagine that first week of morons screaming "OMG CANT ACCESS BOTTOM OF MAP DIS SUCKS!!" Getting in the way of the real reports.

Yup. I agree. Why does there have to be so many stupid people? I saw this thing where they did a servery and one of the questions asked "Which is true. A) The Earth goes around the Sun. B) The Sun goes around the Earth." A large percentage put B.

I'm thinking that the alpha build should have big large text for the intro that states this. Maybe even for those who can't read, a voice that states "This is an alpha build. Expect there to be bugs and crashes." Have the text in many languages like English, Spanish, Dutch, Russian, French, German, Chinese, Japanese, Klingon, etc... what ever it takes. 

It could be like the flashy ENB Series intro text that pops up when you have ENB Series installed. Make it so obvious that if someone complains to you, it automatically means that their IQ is -∞.

Though, you might have to break GTA IV's obviousness boundary. lol

Havocado
  • Havocado

the one who failed to develop script

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:50 AM Edited by Havocado, 03 April 2014 - 09:53 AM.

Well i chose to release the first Alpha because like other people say that who want to wait can wait but who want to play can play, because as i heard that GTAV PC will be released in June, well we (especially me) didn't want this mod to be released a 100% great before 1 day of the game actual release, so who will play your mod ? at least give it a alpha or whatsoeverthenameis) stage so atleast, you got some "thanks" in addition of the mods and we can just be like "WOW ! we really impressed with your works" and blablabla...... we (especially me) really appreciate this GTAV map even we just can play 50% size of GTAIV LC map, though i really like GTAV when some other people made Loading screens, made a square radar, made vehicles.....it's just fell like something missing without the maps! well we will appreciate it and maybe some Experienced modders will decide to help and add some "little things" to your map !

Well, this is completely my own opinion, and my experience in downloading mods and creating mods (which is failed :p) but PLEASE  i'm just giving my own opinions and not ask you to release the mod really quick, its up to you as you are the modder, but i'm really looking forward for the future of this MOD ! Thanks for giving your time to make this great mod. :D

:r*:   :lol:  (just thinking to spent days to create mods while other people talk sh*t about the mods!  :die: )

(EDIT : Some Spelling Check :p)

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:16 AM

Let me get this straight. If we move the map north, the airport and docks parts will be fully accessible, however some northern parts of the map won't be, right? If that's so, I'd vote for that. Definately voting for not delaying the alpha version though.

• itrpatrick likes this

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

Window Licker 4 Blondes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

I voted Option#2

Whatever doesn't delay the Alpha. such that the important parts are playable while I am suspecting that either a) Parts in the North are simply terrain or b) teleporting / spawning with coordinates that may not match might be a minor issue (due to map moving north?). As long as it is not a massive amount of work for you to create it, then have to go back and do a sh*tton more work to get it to Beta/RC status. :)

Cheers! Looking forward to it!

• itrpatrick likes this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:51 PM

This doesn't make any sense to me.

We're talking about delaying an "alpha" release which implies to expect a lof of bugs.

If you would like to wait to download a more stable version than go away and wait. No point in making people who don't care about bugs and who would contribute to bug testing wait for a more stable release.

it should make sense as I am referring to him limiting some of the bugs and glitches by continuing development instead of releasing an early alpha version of it... Similar to why I have never released an early alpha version of any of my games ;)

DestinyExplorer
  • DestinyExplorer

I actually need GTA V PC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

I hope this is ready soon, I'm sooooo hyped :D

MajesticNL
  • MajesticNL

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:14 PM Edited by MajesticNL, 03 April 2014 - 07:14 PM.

I'll make it more vsual for you people:

See, the blue plane are the map boundaries, as you can see, the airport and docks go just underneath it.

xN9tS.jpg

• Platinum Card, Blackbird88, Deadly Target and 8 others like this

DestinyExplorer
  • DestinyExplorer

I actually need GTA V PC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:17 PM

I'll make it more vsual for you people:

See, the blue plane are the map boundaries, as you can see, the airport and docks go just underneath it.

xN9tS.jpg

Bloody hell, this just gave me even more reason to want it to be left as-is for the first alpha.There's still a massive amount explorable, it's a small sacrifice for a hell of a lot of fun - for me, at least.

• uuserr and itrpatrick like this

flak0x
  • flak0x

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:45 PM

Release the kraken!

jumpman971
  • jumpman971

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

I'm okay with DestinyExplorer: For me, this is just incredible for an alpha!!!! Release it plz!! And thanks for the great work you've done on this map!

• uuserr and DestinyExplorer like this

wahgah
  • wahgah

Lost In Postion

• Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:54 PM

lol I dont even go down to the cut off parts on gta v so that definitely wont affect me very much, especially that there aren't planes natively in gta iv.

flak0x
  • flak0x

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

I got a really nice ENB to go with this map too.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:05 PM

Get out.
  • MajesticNL, ThirteenAG, Silent and 9 others like this

PacketOVerload_x64Bit
  • PacketOVerload_x64Bit

Window Licker 4 Blondes

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

Get out.

I'm going to make a special ENB just for it when the map is out. Something tropical, or desert'ish. I got all kinds of new tricks for orange sunsets/sunrises, blue sky, realism. :) I just can't say it enough how stoked I am for this project to be available.  :lol:

• uuserr, Saunders420, itrpatrick and 1 other like this

itrpatrick
  • itrpatrick

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:44 AM Edited by itrpatrick, 04 April 2014 - 12:49 AM.

Awesome job devs! Release the alpha when you can and then, once the boundaries are fixed, this will be even better! CitizenMP:IV would be such a great implementation to this mod -- maybe even similar to GTA Online. Can't wait! :D

Edit: Just a thought... I think that you all should call up some of the best script modders to add the ability to swim underwater (once the mod is stable).

• Rockstar Games™ likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users