Quantcast

» «
Photo

Racing in Free Aim?

23 replies to this topic

Poll: Racing in Free Aim (32 member(s) have cast votes)

What targeting mode do you usually use?

1. Free Aim (19 votes [59.38%])

Percentage of vote: 59.38%

2. Assisted Aim (4 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Traditional GTA (9 votes [28.12%])

Percentage of vote: 28.12%

Do You Race in Free Aim?

1. Yes (13 votes [40.62%])

Percentage of vote: 40.62%

2. I switch my targeting mode to do races (7 votes [21.88%])

Percentage of vote: 21.88%

3. I don't do races (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

4. Other (1 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

5. I don't use free aim (9 votes [28.12%])

Percentage of vote: 28.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote
I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Row Row Fight The Powah!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:55 PM Edited by I3AZZAI2, 29 March 2014 - 10:26 PM.

It appears that the general consensus on this forum is that most people who play GTA either use Traditional GTA or Assisted Aiming as their go-to targeting mode, and that there is a minority of people (who are apparently better players, or at least elitists) that use the Free Aim targeting mode. I've also read here that all matchmaking lobbies are dictated by what type of targeting mode you use, including racing lobbies. But, since there are so few people that use free-aim, the majority of them only use it for competing in deathmatches and other gun fighting game modes. This leaves anybody who uses free aim, yet is also looking to mix some racing into their gta playtime to have to switch over to the other aim lobbies if they want to race.

So does anybody here who uses free aim also race in free aim?

CheaterMcCheat
  • CheaterMcCheat

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:58 PM Edited by CheaterMcCheat, 29 March 2014 - 09:58 PM.

I always try find a race in free aim before I switch aim modes to try again. Sometimes I get lucky but most of the time it doesn't fill up.
  • I3AZZAI2 likes this

Gallioni Pepperoni
  • Gallioni Pepperoni

≧◔◡◔≦

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

I switch, full lobbies is where its at.

I_Love_Your_TDs
  • I_Love_Your_TDs

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

Free aim race lobbies are dead

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:11 PM

I only race with my crew in free aim. f*ck racing with randoms. 

• I3AZZAI2 likes this

Hanshot 420th
  • Hanshot 420th

Thug

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:16 PM

I race alot in free aim...usually just me and another person.

Can't remember the last time someone intentionally pitted me tho

• who-dat and I3AZZAI2 like this

Zodape
  • Zodape

El Crápula

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

I'm a free aimer, but since I want to hit level 100 and get the RPG asap, I switched to AA for now. Once I get the RPG, I'll got back to free aim and derp around in free roam.

• I3AZZAI2 likes this

DeezyGaming
  • DeezyGaming

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:20 PM

Its easy to point and shoot, to me it takes some skill to use free aim. Free aim all the way!
  • who-dat and I3AZZAI2 like this

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:07 PM

Free aim for both.

It´s not a problem for me anymore, but the % of rammers in auto-aim is higher, as I learned the hard way before joining a racing crew. Auto aim will get you 10+ players racers, but you´ll be surrounded by a way worse company overall, free aim will get you 4-5 men races, with better company overall.

• who-dat likes this

who-dat
  • who-dat

Haha Bama sucks!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:55 PM

It appears that the general consensus on this forum is that most people who play GTA either use Traditional GTA or Assisted Aiming as their go-to targeting mode, and that there is a minority of people (who are apparently better players, or at least elitists) that use the Free Aim targeting mode. I've also read here that all matchmaking lobbies are dictated by what type of targeting mode you use, including racing lobbies. But, since there are so few people that use free-aim, the majority of them only use it for competing in deathmatches and other gun fighting game modes. This leaves anybody who uses free aim, yet is also looking to mix some racing into their gta playtime to have to switch over to the other aim lobbies if they want to race.
So does anybody here who uses free aim also race in free aim?

Free-aimers aren't elitists, we simply like the challenge of aiming ourselves/not getting insta-killed driving by randoms.

Plenty of people use free-aim, so I don't know where you're getting your info that: "there are so few people that use free-aim, the majority of them only use it for competing in deathmatches and other gun fighting game modes. This leaves anybody who uses free aim, yet is also looking to mix some racing into their gta playtime to have to switch over to the other aim lobbies if they want to race."
I find plenty of people to play ALL game modes with in free-aim, and I NEVER switch aiming modes.

So to answer OPs question, I use free-aim AND I race in free aim.
  • I3AZZAI2 likes this

Sushi__Wolf
  • Sushi__Wolf

Loves raw fish! More then he loves your mother...

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:58 PM

It's sad but I have to change from free aim for any other activity besides free roam. Free aim death match is amazing so I'm confused on why there's no one playing...
  • I3AZZAI2 likes this

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:22 AM

Free-aimers aren't elitists

I must be on a different dimensional plane.

I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Row Row Fight The Powah!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:42 AM Edited by I3AZZAI2, 30 March 2014 - 09:45 AM.

Free-aimers aren't elitists, we simply like the challenge of aiming ourselves/not getting insta-killed driving by randoms.

Plenty of people use free-aim, so I don't know where you're getting your info that: "there are so few people that use free-aim, the majority of them only use it for competing in deathmatches and other gun fighting game modes. This leaves anybody who uses free aim, yet is also looking to mix some racing into their gta playtime to have to switch over to the other aim lobbies if they want to race."
I find plenty of people to play ALL game modes with in free-aim, and I NEVER switch aiming modes.

So to answer OPs question, I use free-aim AND I race in free aim.

Yes, but most people use assisted aim/gta standard. You are a minority.

So pretentious "We simply like the challenge of aiming ourselves/not getting insta-killed driving by randoms." jk

I guess you can look at it like that. But there have been people who spin that into a "We're better than everybody because we actually challenge ourselves and don't use pussy auto aim." - Didn't mean to offend
edit: come to think of it, I'm looking in becoming part of that there minority, how deep are you guys?
Also, regarding matchmaking, it appears to be pretty hard to find a race with any people in it. How long you normally waiting to get a decent sized match (not including crew stuff)?

who-dat
  • who-dat

Haha Bama sucks!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:08 AM

^if none of my crew are online! it can take a few (maybe 5) minutes to get a half-full lobby if only trying to get people to play from the invite screen. Usually, if I'm looking to race/DM and my crew is off, I'll talk to people in free roam lobbies to get a few people into a race/DM and then invite others. The invite/people joining function seems to work better if there are a few players already versus the host being the only one in the lobby.

TBH, myself, nor my crew play as much as we used to though, but LMK if you want to play, I'm on xbox
  • I3AZZAI2 likes this

I3AZZAI2
  • I3AZZAI2

Row Row Fight The Powah!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:26 AM

^if none of my crew are online! it can take a few (maybe 5) minutes to get a half-full lobby if only trying to get people to play from the invite screen. Usually, if I'm looking to race/DM and my crew is off, I'll talk to people in free roam lobbies to get a few people into a race/DM and then invite others. The invite/people joining function seems to work better if there are a few players already versus the host being the only one in the lobby.

TBH, myself, nor my crew play as much as we used to though, but LMK if you want to play, I'm on xbox

Ok cool, I'll probably hit you up tomorrow or something

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:49 AM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 30 March 2014 - 01:49 AM.

Free aimers mostly aren't non-stop shooting retards. Its a lot more friendly and more fun then in the auto-aim GTAO lobby.

Just a bunch of farts spamming auto aim and push the trigger. And thats it.

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:50 AM

Free aimers mostly aren't non-stop shooting retards. Its a lot more friendly and more fun then in the auto-aim GTAO lobby.

I must be in different free-aim lobbies too.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:54 AM

Yeah, though in Ninja_Gear's defense, people do stop shooting when they're driving their car right at you.  It's a pity their passengers don't though.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:58 AM

Yeah, though in Ninja_Gear's defense, people do stop shooting when they're driving their car right at you.  It's a pity their passengers don't though.

True true..

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:05 AM Edited by Muirenn, 30 March 2014 - 02:06 AM.

people do stop shooting when they're driving their car right at you.

About 20% of the time.

0% of the time if they're in reverse.

-----
  • -----

GT: Embludgeoned

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:29 AM

Wait I thought free aim when you're racing is default? Is this why I struggle so much shooting people whilst driving?

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:33 AM

I can't even find death matches in free aim

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:34 AM Edited by Staten, 30 March 2014 - 02:36 AM.

Wait I thought free aim when you're racing is default? Is this why I struggle so much shooting people whilst driving?

It's free aim in races no matter what aiming option you use.  The only real advantage to choosing free aim before racing is that there is a slight RP boost.

@I will pwn you newbs: there aren't many takers for free aim deathmatches because most DMs don't have enough cars for people to try and knock down other players.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:54 AM

Yup, guess you must be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users