Photo

NPC's Attacking For No Reason

19 replies to this topic
gevans81
  • gevans81

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

And I'm not talking gang members either, sometimes when I'm playing as Franklin or Trevor random peds will verbally abuse me and then whack me in the kisser, it's fun to witness but I'm just curious as to why it happens? Never seems to happen when I'm playing as Michael (which is rare).

Voggs
  • Voggs

Elevator's not worthy

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:02 PM Edited by Voggens, 29 March 2014 - 06:03 PM.

Trevor is always attacked by the Lost, not sure if by random people too. But with Franklin... yesterday I was playing as Franklin on the Inn (where you can play Darts) and two NPCs started to insult him and then turning it into a fight. Of course I showed them who's da man here.

• Alanbeales1 likes this

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

Have you considered that this attack might be based on race? You should call a lawyer about having this issue handled in the courts.

:p

Peds attacked you for "no reason" in San Andreas too, if they insulted you and you responded negatively and I think sometimes even if you didn't respond at all.

gevans81
  • gevans81

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

Could it be something to do with the clothes they are wearing at the time? I only ever dress them in clothes from Suburban and Franklin never looks happy with anything he's trying on in that store. Seems a bit harsh that random peds would attack based on his attire though? The small details are incredible in this game.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

Could it be something to do with the clothes they are wearing at the time? I only ever dress them in clothes from Suburban and Franklin never looks happy with anything he's trying on in that store. Seems a bit harsh that random peds would attack based on his attire though? The small details are incredible in this game.

If it's anything like San Andreas, maybe. GTASA had stats, and those affected how you were treated in many aspects of the game. From the clothes you're wearing to the value of the vehicle you were most recently driving.

• gevans81 likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:08 PM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 29 March 2014 - 08:11 PM.

Let's not start sucking Rockstar's dick just yet; your clothes make no difference that I can see. People respond negatively to Trevor whether he's wearing a nice suit or a whore dress. It seems based on who and where you are. Hillbillies don't like Franklin much, but he'll get the same reception regardless of if he's wearing a three piece suit or just his boxers.

• BlackNoise, Alanbeales1 and warlord GTAV like this

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:21 PM

Let's not start sucking Rockstar's dick just yet;

I don't know about you, but I wasn't planning on doing so at all...

• Cutter De Blanc and EAZY-D like this

gevans81
  • gevans81

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:17 PM

Let's not start sucking Rockstar's dick just yet

Charming

• Cutter De Blanc and EAZY-D like this

LeopardGecko
  • LeopardGecko

GTA biker

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:43 AM

I was playing as Trevor once,and I parked my car in the parking spot close to some people who were talking.For some reason they turned towards me as if I was provoking them while I was still in the car and one of them called the cops on me for absolutely no reason.I carefully parked so that I wouldn´t damage the car,I didn´t even touch those people and I still got a wanted level.I get that they call the cops if I kill someone,and while it´s annoying,I get that they call the cops if I drive like crazy and crash into stuff,but this time they called the cops just because I parked my car too close to them.Did something like that ever happen to anyone else?

• Alanbeales1 likes this

Alanbeales1
  • Alanbeales1

leader of State Trooper's PD [SAST]

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:12 PM

Michel doesn't get any abuse,unless he doe's it to other people,has a dirty car or the Biker gang that hangs around at "Hookies" 

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:19 PM

I was playing as Trevor once,and I parked my car in the parking spot close to some people who were talking.For some reason they turned towards me as if I was provoking them while I was still in the car and one of them called the cops on me for absolutely no reason.I carefully parked so that I wouldn´t damage the car,I didn´t even touch those people and I still got a wanted level.I get that they call the cops if I kill someone,and while it´s annoying,I get that they call the cops if I drive like crazy and crash into stuff,but this time they called the cops just because I parked my car too close to them.Did something like that ever happen to anyone else?

Many times unfortunately

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:15 PM

Michel doesn't get any abuse,unless he doe's it to other people,has a dirty car or the Biker gang that hangs around at "Hookies" 

Hang around Chamberlain Hills or Grove St. Once the gangbangers realise he's not a cop they'll start f*cking with him. 

• Alanbeales1 likes this

InnocentA
  • InnocentA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:20 AM

Let's not start sucking Rockstar's dick just yet; your clothes make no difference that I can see.

this.

The game cant even distinguish between the cops smashing into you or you smashing into them, lets not give them too much credit
  • EAZY-D, jeanrjm and Overmenneske like this

Alanbeales1
  • Alanbeales1

leader of State Trooper's PD [SAST]

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:34 AM

Hang around Chamberlain Hills or Grove St. Once the gangbangers realise he's not a cop they'll start f*cking with him. 

how would they realize his not a police officer?

I always stay in the patrol car

InnocentA
  • InnocentA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:51 PM

I died as franklin and as i came out of the hospital i rung a taxi and while i was on the phone a paramedic i think (the guys in the navy outfits) pushed him and started a fight with him wtf?

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 06 April 2014 - 07:16 AM

Yeah the paramedics are crazy. What's worse, defending yourself from them instantly nets you a star. It's like they know they're protected and take advantage. 

InnocentA
  • InnocentA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 April 2014 - 08:21 AM

Ha yeah and they all back eachother up aswell so you end up fighting 5 or 6 of them and trying to get away before the cops turn up

schafter
  • schafter

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:22 AM

i like running into pedestrians and watching them fall on their faces then get up and want to fight. it's a good way to fill your character's special ability bar when empty/half full.

Midnightz
  • Midnightz

Populus vult decipi.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:57 AM Edited by Midnightz, 12 May 2014 - 08:00 AM.

Here's how it seems to work:

Since Michael and Franklin are the only two that can speak positively to peds, you'll piss less of them off but ONLY IF you speak 2 times or less per ped within a short period of time. Speak a 3rd time too soon and your comment is perceived as negative by any ped, even if they were just talking your ear off about their life. Michael is more socially acceptable among all peds. If playing as Franklin, certain geographical locations will have some peds that are racist. None of the peds like Trevor just as he can not say anything positive to a ped no matter where he is.

Sometimes, if you are trying to talk to one ped who is near another ped, you may accidentally piss the other one off. Unfortunately, mob mentality may set in and you'll suddenly have multiple peds pissed off at you. Loitering is bad as well. Stand too close to a ped for too long and they become uncomfortable. They may try to fight you or call the police. Similarly, if you commit a crime in plain sight, some peds will become angry and actually try to stop you. On the flipside, if you're cruising around in a nice and/or modded vehicle, some peds will respond positively to you and compliment your ride. (as mentioned above, this was in SA too)

How gangs interact with the 3 protagonists is a whole other discussion.

kasa
  • kasa

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

whatever I do or wear (with F, T or M) peds always start a fight or run away, must be my game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users