Quantcast

» «
Photo

What are the most milked Game Franchises?

92 replies to this topic
TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:53 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 29 March 2014 - 10:54 PM.

redx, you gotta stop generalizing fanbases based on such few people.

It's like saying a group of 10 people are stupid because 2 of those people actually are stupid.

Anyway, I wouldn't count Madden as milked, per se. Is it the same gameplay every year? Yes, of course, it's a f*cking sports game. They can't exactly change much in that regard.

However, they do change a lot. The new physics engine, and new career mode, the new superstar mode, etc. New way to run, new way to block. They change a lot.

You're not just paying for a roster update, as people like to say. Those people are just stupid. 

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:54 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 29 March 2014 - 11:00 PM.

^ lol when i said (age 12,11 and 7) that how long they have existed :)

@chatD4VIS-360
You can always make your own list if you dont agree, i said that in the OP (which I have edited like 10 times already to expand the list ) :)

Or I could post here and not flood the forums with duplicate threads.
OMG,lol :lol: i mean you could make you own list right now on this thread just like many other people if you dont agree :)

@TheMasterForker
Thanks bro,you just made my mobile view of this thread stable and better by replying tbh i mean it lol it weird but i guess you did it :)

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:11 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 29 March 2014 - 11:13 PM.

RedX, handheld gaming are easy to develop for that's why R* leeds didn't take time in releasing GTA spin off's. They weren't on the PS2/3 so your statement is invalid.

COD comes out every year regardless of the two groups who make it. Each series is getting milked equally and it's getting worse. End of discussion. And it's been like that since the PS3 came out. There's been 7 damn COD games on last gen alone. And 6 AC games too. COD Ghosts is already on the PS4, and MW4 info was leaked end of last year. MW4 is coming out this year. The year after is going to be B03.

There was 5 GTA games on the PS2. 

PS2 came out 2001 till 2006 I believe. 

So don't say Rockstar never milked. Rockstar did it for the PS2 era while COD and AC do it right now. 

Really my statement is invalid? I was expecting more from you. 

A little bit of searching you would of found this:
 http://lmgtfy.com/?q=GTA+LCS+PS2

@ Reddagger the GTA fanbase is just as bad as the COD fanbase. Can't accept any hate towards their beloved game. Still trying to defend how GTA isn't milked yet counter prove it with a series that does the same. 

Blood no amount of records can hide a game being milked. If you want records to prove a point I can easily counter it with Call of Duty broke the most sold record multiple times. Records means nothing when it comes to milking a game. 

I already know that, but they were f*cking ports. Do you not understand anything at all without even researching your stuff? They weren't developed from the ground up for the PS2, only SA and VC were. The reason why LCS and VCS were on the PS2 was because the PSP wasn't exactly the platform that got enough sales, so of course they had to port it to the PS2 and they made some good money out of it.

They don't need to do that anymore. Because the PS3/PS4 will sell GTA's for them, they are the home consoles.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:16 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 29 March 2014 - 11:27 PM.

RedX, handheld gaming are easy to develop for that's why R* leeds didn't take time in releasing GTA spin off's. They weren't on the PS2/3 so your statement is invalid.

COD comes out every year regardless of the two groups who make it. Each series is getting milked equally and it's getting worse. End of discussion. And it's been like that since the PS3 came out. There's been 7 damn COD games on last gen alone. And 6 AC games too. COD Ghosts is already on the PS4, and MW4 info was leaked end of last year. MW4 is coming out this year. The year after is going to be B03.

There was 5 GTA games on the PS2. 

PS2 came out 2001 till 2006 I believe. 

So don't say Rockstar never milked. Rockstar did it for the PS2 era while COD and AC do it right now. 

Really my statement is invalid? I was expecting more from you. 

A little bit of searching you would of found this:
 http://lmgtfy.com/?q=GTA+LCS+PS2

@ Reddagger the GTA fanbase is just as bad as the COD fanbase. Can't accept any hate towards their beloved game. Still trying to defend how GTA isn't milked yet counter prove it with a series that does the same. 

Blood no amount of records can hide a game being milked. If you want records to prove a point I can easily counter it with Call of Duty broke the most sold record multiple times. Records means nothing when it comes to milking a game. 

I already know that, but they were f*cking ports. Do you not understand anything at all without even researching your stuff? They weren't developed from the ground up for the PS2, only SA and VC were. The reason why LCS and VCS were on the PS2 was because the PSP wasn't exactly the platform that got enough sales, so of course they had to port it to the PS2 and they made some good money out of it.

Exactly,bro,and that PS2 ports of LCS and VCS made up for both selling 11ml and 8ml copies respectively as of 2014 according to VGchartz GTA sales although the sales record for SA,IV and V havent been updated.lol if V could sell 33ml copies worldwide on just two consoles PS3/Xbox 360,that shows that even if GTA goes back to being Playstation exclusive just like in the 2D and 3D Eras (PS1/PS2),it wouldnt stop GTA from selling like hotcakes,why? cus it a powerful franchise although i dont see that happening.Plus if you read about GTA's History on Wikipedid,you will notice it has spanned ever Sony's Playstation Consoles (PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP and soon PS4) and on two Microsoft's Consoles (Xbox,Xbox 360 and soon maybe Xbox One?).

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:26 PM

Redx and FDR arguing with eachother?

What f*cked up world did I wake up in today?

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

CoD Assassin's Creed Saints Row Sonic Skylanders

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:30 PM

You're in the Matrix.

Anyway, he's accusing of GTA to be a milked franchise, it's not. In fact, he is so dumb he doesn't realise VC and SA were two years apart. It's not far of yes, but there were clear reasons why there was a bit of a small gap.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:49 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 29 March 2014 - 11:53 PM.

CoDAssassin's CreedSaints RowSonicSkylanders

I agree with your list bro except for Saints Row.Yes SR3/4 ruined the franchise and it needs a Reboot,Yes during V's first trailer in 2011 until it release in 2013,Two SR games were released,Yes the 4 SR games were all released on PS3/Xbox 360 and the franchise started with the 7th Gen consoles (PS3/Xbox360) and it only 8 years old,Yes the first two games were influenced by SA,but like i said before Saints Row is nowhere a"MILKED" franchise plus it a year older than the AC franchise,plus it only has only 4 Games in it 8 years existant unlike the AC franchise that started a year later (2007) and it already have 17 games geez them cows are getting SO tired :( we need to call PETA for Ubi$oft :lol:

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:14 AM

So my other points still stand? Good to know.

Anyway, on the guess of titanfall being milked: respawn entertainment seem to have more freedom than other EA studios in terms of doing what they want. It doesn't seem as likely as , say, BF or NFS to be milked. It's an FPS that's actually liked overall, so let's hope for their sake it works out like that.

Question for you people: would throwing out a quickly and cheaply made sequel to an old franchise be counted as milking? The game is being released entirely for the use of making money, and there isn't much being put into making the game...an actual game. It's more like beating the game unconscious and surgically extracting the milk instead of sucking the teats dry, but it's still there just for the money.

Yes, I'm referencing RCT4M and Dungeon Keeper. 

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:23 AM

Anyway, on the guess of titanfall being milked: respawn entertainment seem to have more freedom than other EA studios in terms of doing what they want. It doesn't seem as likely as , say, BF or NFS to be milked. It's an FPS that's actually liked overall, so let's hope for their sake it works out like that.

Question for you people: would throwing out a quickly and cheaply made sequel to an old franchise be counted as milking? The game is being released entirely for the use of making money, and there isn't much being put into making the game...an actual game. It's more like beating the game unconscious and surgically extracting the milk instead of sucking the teats dry, but it's still there just for the money.

what does RCT4M means? and when you said Titanfall wouldnt be milked,i doubt that but E.A are already thinking of Titanfall 2 and the game was just released this month :lol:
but no a sequel to an old franchise (that started in the 80s-90s) and it have taking like many years to get a sequel isnt "MILKED" imo.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Go Big Blue!

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:28 AM

I think RCT4M is just that...A quick mobile game (I think we're talking about the same game here, lol).

I wanna see what they do with it on PC before I pass judgement on it.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:50 AM Edited by redx165, 30 March 2014 - 04:56 AM.

You're in the Matrix.

Anyway, he's accusing of GTA to be a milked franchise, it's not. In fact, he is so dumb he doesn't realise VC and SA were two years apart. It's not far of yes, but there were clear reasons why there was a bit of a small gap.

I'm so dumb? Did you even read my comment? 

Copy and Paste from my comment:

GTA III and GTA VC? 1 year difference

GTA LCS and VCS? 1 year difference

GTA SA and GTA VC? 2 years difference 

That's not enough? Here's a link to the page: http://gtaforums.com...ame-franchises/

Please the next time you use childish insults make sure you don't look like one first. 

This is where you went from good to an idiot:

He's so thick skulled that he doesn't even realise Rockstar North do not make the handheld versions of GTA, therefore it isn't milked.

Just cause Rockstar North didn't make the game doesn't mean it isn't milked. You consider COD milk and you know what they are MADE by different developers. I'm using YOUR logic against you. Doesn't matter if one gets released every year. It still was made by different people. 

Just with this one comment shows the fanboy in you. Shall we move on? 

I can't justify it better than RedDagger. 

RedDagger:

...so if a game is easy to develop, then it's totally justified to release them with less time between games and it not being milking?

Despite the fact that that's exactly how milking works - get an easy to make game (e.g. CoD) and release often. 

Unless GTA gets special treatment or something.

Do you honestly even attempt to read what you write? What you said in your second comment is what MILKING is. All you comments lead to is someone very upset they got shown that their FAVORITE franchise has been called out as being a milked one. 

If you said they were not on the PS2 than you reply saying they were. So again you're going against yourself. Anyways I'm done talking to you, don't want to derail this topic anymore before it turns personal. I suggest you do the same before we go crazy. 

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:42 AM Edited by Th3MaN1, 30 March 2014 - 05:43 AM.

redx165, your stupidity reaches new heights every time you post something. I'm not defending GTA, but how in the holy name of Jesus is that franchise milked? You are not forced to buy the cash cards, they are there as an option. And please look at the f*cking release dates. Rarely did a new GTA appear every year, and even then, it was either the handheld games and the gap between III and VC.

You know, I actually somewhat respected you because people are entitled to their own opinions, even through your GOTY sh*t was nothing else but stupidity, but god damn, this is seriously the last time I'll reply to any of your posts.

The fact you take me seriously all the time makes you look stupid. ( My title even says "Making the GTA fanboy's dance" )

I even admitted I don't care for GOTY awards and only do it just to piss fanboys off. 

GTA III and GTA VC? 1 year difference

GTA LCS and VCS? 1 year difference

GTA SA and GTA VC? 2 years difference 

They really do come out right next to each other. I guess you're another person who started playing it when IV came out. 

Cash cards may be a option but there was NO NEED to cut every missions pay by half. Don't give that bullsh*t economy excuse like they did. 

@ Blood GTA isn't even a MMO. Do you know what a MMO is? 

Okay, I'll make an exception, I'll reply to you one more time, because why the f*ck not.

First of all, excuse me for not stalking around you and watching every single one of your posts.

Second, I'm open to be trolled, because I actually respect people's opinions on this forum. So, if in any way I offended you by respecting your opinions, again, excuse me.

Third, just to keep on-topic, the only main GTA game that was probably rushed was VIce City. Yet look how good it turned out to be. I don't see how you can consider LCS and VCS rushed, since they were made for handheld consoles. Why the f*ck do you think Mario gets 1 or 2 new games every year?

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:08 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 30 March 2014 - 09:42 AM.

@Redx165
Pls bro dont derail this thread,try avoid any arguements,and i appreciate your contribution thanks :)....okay let all get back on topic,and can you make your own lists of "Milked" and "Unmilked" Franchises if you dont agree with mine ;)

Th3MaN1
True,LCS was the main stand-alone prequel to the game tha Revolutionised and Popularised the Genre forever,GTA3 and it came (4 YEARS LATER) same was with VCS to Vice City infact VCS is more of a prequel to VC than LCS to III...Redx was right with the PS2 ports for both games,and i think him and FDR misunderstood each other but both makes good points :)...But anyways if an Original Game (Vice City-2002) is getting a prequel 4 years later then that not rushed imo and i am sure many people will agree with that. and true Vice City (2002) was the only rushed game in the franchise (9 months) according to Wikipedia sources but damn it won over 40 GoTY awards infact it Influenced the game (Scarface the game 2006) to the 1983 movie,Scarface that influenced it but that not the point of this thread.But for a major GTA game to be released months after a Legendary sequel (GTA3) VC is a great example how to make a great rushed game and i cant think of any CoD or AC game that came out a year after and was great,although AC2 was the last great AC and MW2/BO1/2 are also good (not great) but since IV,GTA is like the old man that take 5 years finish the book he has been creating,even with how most people hate V,then like IV (vice versa) it undeniably that V looks totally different from IV in terms of:Graphics/Visuals,Scope,Tone,Gameplay etc tbh if IV and V were the first phase of the HD Era on PS3/Xbox 360 and both games changed the generation (gameplay,innovation,success etc) then Watch-Dogs which is looking great right now (and i am sure no matter what it will be SO Milked) should get ready for the phase 2 of the HD Era...Infact with how Messy GTAO was from the start and some of it present issues,GTAO was ambitious and infact,it won BAFTA's Best Multiplayer.And 70% of 33ml GTA5 owners have played GTAO although i dont agree with people saying GTAO is getting Milked whth Shark Cards etc so what if it is? i am sure many bigger Persistant MMOs does worst with micro-transcations etc plus GTAO is an online spin-off to GTA so it doesnt matter :p

Side Note:I am going to update the lists later on and change somethings.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:19 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 30 March 2014 - 12:25 PM.

redx, I don't care anymore.If you really want to call it milking, fine. All I know is every GTA was awesome and LCS was the best portable GTA game made till date, I know it was a one year gap so why was it such a good game? Because they were totally focused on it. The only GTA I didn't like was CT.

You are simply a GTA hater, that's all. I think you've developed a mental disability because V disappointed you in many ways.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:44 PM

@Redx165
Pls bro dont derail this thread,try avoid any arguements,and i appreciate your contribution thanks :)....okay let all get back on topic,and can you make your own lists of "Milked" and "Unmilked" Franchises if you dont agree with mine ;)

Can I just say that what you're saying is 'stop disagreeing with me', saying that all we should do is make lists of milked games without discussion...and then you proceed to not make a list, and have a discussion instead. Self awareness? Hello?

Anyway, the only thing I'm seeing for GTA not being milked, and other franchises being milked, is if one likes the game or not or if it's rushed. CoD is on an alternating cycle, meaning each game has 2 years to be developed - and they're not rushed. Let's just say that I like CoD and think each iteration was perfect. Does this mean I get to say that they're not milked? 

Another question for you people: games like AC are undeniably milked. If the point of each game is very similar, and the mechanics/story/area are updated enough, does this mean each released game is bad or not? You have a lot of people working on them, so even though they're being hammered out at a rate of knots, the quality and size of the game is still substantial compared to smaller games which are classed as good. 

To me, this links with the idea that we should judge a game based on its own merits and not compared to the rest of the series. Should we?

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:49 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 30 March 2014 - 12:53 PM.

@Redx165

Can I just say that what you're saying is 'stop disagreeing with me', saying that all we should do is make lists of milked games without discussion...and then you proceed to not make a list, and have a discussion instead. Self awareness? Hello?

Anyway, the only thing I'm seeing for GTA not being milked, and other franchises being milked, is if one likes the game or not or if it's rushed. CoD is on an alternating cycle, meaning each game has 2 years to be developed - and they're not rushed. Let's just say that I like CoD and think each iteration was perfect. Does this mean I get to say that they're not milked? 

Another question for you people: games like AC are undeniably milked. If the point of each game is very similar, and the mechanics/story/area are updated enough, does this mean each released game is bad or not? You have a lot of people working on them, so even though they're being hammered out at a rate of knots, the quality and size of the game is still substantial compared to smaller games which are classed as good. 
To me, this links with the idea that we should judge a game based on its own merits and not compared to the rest of the series. Should we?
I am not saying anyone cant discuss,but if you dont agree with the OP then you can make your lists btw i am still updating the OP and making some changes and adding more "milked" and "unmilked" franchises...I dont just want anyone to start unreasonable arguements or off-topic arguements that will derail the thread,afterall i do respect everyones opinion and thoughts (contributions to this thread) :)

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:15 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 30 March 2014 - 01:19 PM.

@Redx165

Ugh....no. Modern Warfare series comes out one year, and the following year it's a Black Ops game. So it is still 1 year development cycle, its 2 years if you leave out MW or BO's year. COD is milked, stop trying to deny that. Nothing changes in the damn game, only new maps and weapons. No substantial changes at all. The story is also rushed.

Let's bring up the GTA spinoff's again. Everything changes in the game, the map changes, the story completely overhauled, the weapons and cars, the graphics and last but not least the protagonists/characters and their backstory.

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

Milk is what drips from the teet that is called Halo...

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:17 PM

Ugh....no. Modern Warfare series comes out one year, and the following year it's a Black Ops game. So it is still 1 year development cycle, its 2 years if you leave out MW or BO's year. COD is milked, stop trying to deny that. Nothing changes in the damn game, only new maps and weapons. No substantial changes at all. The story is also rushed.

Let's bring up the GTA spinoff's again. Everything changes in the game, the map changes, the story completely overhauled, the weapons and cars, the graphics and last but not least the protagonists/characters and their backstory.

It's a two year development cycle. 

Treyarch, then IW, then Treyarch, then IW. They have two years to develop a game, and release alternately, letting a CoD game release annually.

Sledgehammer games is being brought in, so each studio will have 3 years to develop a game - but it will still release annually.  

I'm not trying to deny CoD is milked. I'm questioning your reasoning, and I still haven't got a response to those from any of the posts I've made. You can't just say 'stop trying to deny that' as if it's some magical win-the-argument phrase, you need to actually respond to what I say, and I've said plenty to respond to. 

GTA's spinoffs: new map, story, weapons, cars, graphics, characters. 

CoD's games: new maps, story, weapons, killstreaks, graphics (excluding MW2-MW3), and new characters. 

The gameplay is similar, but so is GTA's. CoD's gameplay doesn't have such massive changes because it's arcadey, and they pretty much nailed it with CoD4. Let's say I don't think CoD's story is rushed and think BO2 had an amazing story - hell, they did bring in some talent just for that. Can I also say that I thought GTA's stories are rushed? "GTA IV was slow moving and not very imaginative, GTA V made little sense and slumped half way through". Now what?

C'mon dude, you're barely responding to what I say. You see I say "CoD (...) is perfect" and attack that, then repeat yourself despite me already responding to what you're repeating - but of course that gets ignored. 

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:34 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 30 March 2014 - 02:36 PM.

So what do you want me to answer? Point me to your questions please. With GTA IV, how has it not improved from the previous one's? Are you even serious? V changed hella lot from IV too.

I understand what you are saying about the formula in their respective games. With GTA though, everything changes, unlike COD it doesn't change slightly. No disrespect but I used to be a COD fan, so I know what I am talking about. MW2 was my favourite, it lasted me 2-4 years and I finally sold it,the story was fantastic but SP only lasts for a while, and the multiplayer was good to but it eventually got boring and ruined by hackers. MW3 was the worst game I've ever played in my life, I've also had a go with Black Ops and I found it rubbish.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

^Even the Strip Club and Hookers interactivity in GTA changes every Generation,the HD Era has a more advanced Strip club interactivity than the 3D Era and V took it to the next level (just saying FDR) :p

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

^Even the Strip Club and Hookers interactivity in GTA changes every Generation,the HD Era has a more advanced Strip club interactivity than the 3D Era and V took it to the next level (just saying FDR) :p

Just stop. PLEASE!!!

• Ahentsch and Mr Oraange like this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

@matajuegos01
I am just saying,every GTA is different in terms of gjameplay mechanics,features and even refinement of traditional things in the franchise unlike AC or CoD or any milked franchises.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

@matajuegos01
I am just saying,every GTA is different in terms of gjameplay mechanics,features and even refinement of traditional things in the franchise unlike AC or CoD or any milked franchises.

AC and CoD refine many gameplay mechanics, features etc. GTA removed lots of gameplay and even reduced parts of it. Does this mean it can now be classed as milked? Or, alternatively, I like AC and CoD, therefore they're not milked. What now?

So what do you want me to answer? Point me to your questions please. With GTA IV, how has it not improved from the previous one's? Are you even serious? V changed hella lot from IV too.

I understand what you are saying about the formula in their respective games. With GTA though, everything changes, unlike COD it doesn't change slightly. No disrespect but I used to be a COD fan, so I know what I am talking about. MW2 was my favourite, it lasted me 2-4 years and I finally sold it,the story was fantastic but SP only lasts for a while, and the multiplayer was good to but it eventually got boring and ruined by hackers. MW3 was the worst game I've ever played in my life, I've also had a go with Black Ops and I found it rubbish.

I didn't say GTA IV wasn't an improvement, same with V. 

CoD you could easily say has changed.Staying with similar companies (because otherwise it ain't fair), CoD4 -> MW2 was probably the biggest change, no need to state this. MW2 -> MW3 the killstreak overhaul, create-a-class overhaul and complete change in map design made it a very different game. CoD5 -> BO again, major changes here. BO -> BO2 continued with the create-a-class changes, and the gameplay itself felt more like IW. Lighting changes, tighter maps, and new types of weapon/equipment make the way you play more varied.

But I'm not trying to advocate for CoD here, it's just that the main reason you're saying the franchises are milked is that you dislike them, or they're not milked as you like them. If they have a large fanbase that is wallowing in the changes and often doesn't want them to change it as much as they do...is it milking to do as they like?

Also, as for questions...

Let's just say that I like CoD and think each iteration was perfect. Does this mean I get to say that they're not milked? 

If the point of each game is very similar, and the mechanics/story/area are updated enough, does this mean each released game is bad or not? 

...so if a game is easy to develop, then it's totally justified to release them with less time between games and it not being milking?

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

Tim Roth has an alien skull for a forehead.

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:36 PM Edited by Mr Oraange, 30 March 2014 - 09:36 PM.

To be clear, Metal Gear Solid is not the 'father' of the stealth genre. Sega's 005 was the first game to be considered a stealth action-adventure, and Castlevania has long been known as the first stealth series.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:03 PM

@matajuegos01

AC and CoD refine many gameplay mechanics, features etc. GTA removed lots of gameplay and even reduced parts of it. Does this mean it can now be classed as milked? Or, alternatively, I like AC and CoD, therefore they're not milked. What now?

I didn't say GTA IV wasn't an improvement, same with V. 

CoD you could easily say has changed.Staying with similar companies (because otherwise it ain't fair), CoD4 -> MW2 was probably the biggest change, no need to state this. MW2 -> MW3 the killstreak overhaul, create-a-class overhaul and complete change in map design made it a very different game. CoD5 -> BO again, major changes here. BO -> BO2 continued with the create-a-class changes, and the gameplay itself felt more like IW. Lighting changes, tighter maps, and new types of weapon/equipment make the way you play more varied.

But I'm not trying to advocate for CoD here, it's just that the main reason you're saying the franchises are milked is that you dislike them, or they're not milked as you like them. If they have a large fanbase that is wallowing in the changes and often doesn't want them to change it as much as they do...is it milking to do as they like?

Also, as for questions...

Let's just say that I like CoD and think each iteration was perfect. Does this mean I get to say that they're not milked? 

If the point of each game is very similar, and the mechanics/story/area are updated enough, does this mean each released game is bad or not? 

See that's where the problem is. Those are not major changes at all. You are telling me different killstreaks is justifiable for a yearly release? Jesus help you. Creating a class also is NOT a major change, all it does is give you different class of weapons, even modders can add different weapons, and thats within one day they could do that. MW3 to Blackops was a difference but not a big one for sure, the story yes, is way different because it's in a different series, but its still terrible, and the multiplayer is the same sh*t, except its different maps and different weapons, and like I said, modders can do that easily. Black Ops to BO2 was also no way a big difference because once again, they are using the same engine, same graphics/textures, minor lighting differences, however of course the story is different, but gameplay is NOT. The multiplayer is the same sh*t, different weapons and maps. Modders could do that themselves.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

Tim Roth has an alien skull for a forehead.

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

See that's where the problem is. Those are not major changes at all. You are telling me different killstreaks is justifiable for a yearly release? Jesus help you. Creating a class also is NOT a major change, all it does is give you different class of weapons, even modders can add different weapons, and thats within one day they could do that. MW3 to Blackops was a difference but not a big one for sure, the story yes, is way different because it's in a different series, but its still terrible, and the multiplayer is the same sh*t, except its different maps and different weapons, and like I said, modders can do that easily. Black Ops to BO2 was also no way a big difference because once again, they are using the same engine, same graphics/textures, minor lighting differences, however of course the story is different, but gameplay is NOT. The multiplayer is the same sh*t, different weapons and maps. Modders could do that themselves.

There can only be so many changes to gameplay and still retain the original game. If Assassin's Creed was to drop the stealth mechanics and turn to their FPS counterparts, then you'd keep the AC logo, but you'd be playing Battlefield.

komalr
  • komalr

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

What I consider milking is creating a too many games to sell to a audience. GTA isn't being milked, whereas AC and COD are being milked.

Now, how I came to this conclusion?

GTA has 7 main game ( not counting psp,CTW*,android,ios,and countless other ports I don't even know ) during it's 17 year. Each defined the series in its own own way. Sorry, i'm being a bit of a fan boy but prove me wrong if you think otherwise. So I think it's not being milked.

Whereas COD has 10 main games just under 14 years, not counting the handhelds and other ports and after modern warfare it has 7 main games within 6 years.

And Assassins creed has 8 main games(counting comet and unity, recently announced but not liberation) under 7 yrs. Though, I love this series, but 3 gave me a bad taste in my mouth so staying away for a while.

These are my opinions, on why GTA series is not being milked and the other two COD and AC are.

*(excellent game, bought a ds just for this game, totally worth it in my opinion)

Wow, I never thought mario was being milked, cause I love playing every new game that comes out. Though, I still don't consider it cause well, they innovate, they don't copy paste. I don't know much about MGS but the last one is just a cash grab. You didn't pay this much for Undead nightmare or Episodes from liberty city you still got more.

I don't think Watch dogs or Bioshock can be milked.. :/

Mafia isn't how a franchise be. The second game sucked cause when you played the first game you had so much freedom with the map, you could drive for hours and still be not satisfied. Whereas the second installment was go to this point.. that point... cutscene.. bam bam.. this point.. that point. My opinion.

Btw, 1 question, of all the series mentioned in the op which one would you choose if  you only could choose one for the rest of your life. You could only play new games of that franchise.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:37 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 31 March 2014 - 05:51 PM.

@komalr
GTA have 15 games not 7 btw how is it 7?

Edit:The GTA Official site lists 13 games (excluding)
London 1961 (Prequel Expansion to London 1969 and a PC only GTA) and GTA Advanced.LCS and VCS were originally released for PSP in 2005 and 2006 respectively but later released on PS2 so they are not mainly portable anymore although Chinatown Wars and Advanced were the installments exclusives to Portable consoles.But yeah the Anniversay Editions of III (2001-2011),Vice City (2002-2012) and San Andreas (2004-2014) doesnt count, But i agree with the rest of your comment.and to answer your question,i cant really choose one so i will go with GTA and GoW.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users