Why would you drop a weapon?

57 replies to this topic
Happy_Killstick
  • Happy_Killstick

Clumsy_Foxstick

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

I drop weapons because it can be very annoying when i'm in a car and scroll trough 100 weapons just to get to the weapon i want  :bored:

shootingallovertheplace
  • shootingallovertheplace

No 1 Panto Crew in the World PIGS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

I've dropped a weapon twice. Both times because it was an accident.

Still don't know how I did it.

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Cause of head scratching.

• Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

I drop weapons to help out my crew and my friends. You just got in the game? Here, let me give you the DLC guns for free, plus some ammo. Oh, you don't got a sniper rifle for this mission? Here you go, take this one (gives basic rifle). Plus I'm always dropping ammo for them too, as I always "buy all ammo".

Nenzo
  • Nenzo

LS Shootas

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:34 PM

Because I don't f*cking want them! Why can't the game figure that out!?

*drops pistol*

500px-Twelve_seconds_later.jpg

*drops pistol again*

5MinutesLater.jpg

*drops pistol AGAIN*

15_minutes_later.jpg

i was having a sh*t during the last one ..

engern
  • engern

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

Give it to another player and/or you just don't want to use it anymore because it's too underpowered compared to others you have of the same type.

I dropped my normal sniper rifle because the heavy sniper completely surpasses it and I don't want it appearing in my weapon wheel.

The regular sniper rifle has better fire rate, though.

But with the heavy sniper one shot is enough to kill so fire rates don't matter

chatD4VIS-360
  • chatD4VIS-360

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

I used to think that weapons like the SNS pistol was useless and I dropped it for awhile. But I actually see an advantage to keeping it: more ammo capacity for your other guns.

Interesting theory. Not sure that it works tho. I've noticed that all ammo depletes even if you're only using bullets for one gun. And if you buy ammo for one weapon that another can use, it will rise as well.

HirsuteDave
  • HirsuteDave

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

Although it does have a suppressor... Is this handy?

It can be on some missions. You can often get off two or three shots before the NPCs react to the gun fire. Seem to get less attention from cops too.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:06 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 29 March 2014 - 10:09 PM.

Because:

1. You have powerful guns and explosives 

2. Someone you might be playing with doesn't 

If you're free roaming or doing missions with someone under 25, and you can afford to pass them something that will help them out (and by extension, you) it only makes sense to give them some kind of heavier firepower and ammo. A car with a 'noob' armed with sticky bombs and an AP pistol is a lot more effective than a car just armed with a micro-uzi. Or maybe you're giving some low-level random who start hanging around you an assault rifle or combat MG after killed his griefer.     

GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:53 PM

To watch it fall.

Nomad0202
  • Nomad0202

Bellicose Tyrant

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:59 PM

I too dropped the normal sniper after unlocking the heavy. However, whilst quickly clearing out some guns I had picked up after a survival, I accidentally dropped the heavy sniper and about $25000 of ammo I had went with it. It was not even full. Expensive mistake. I now keep the normal sniper as a sort of backup ammo carrier. It's $87 for 12 rounds!!!

NorthwindJME
  • NorthwindJME

Your Getaway Driver

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

To get rid of that micro smg so when I am in car its not the default weapon. Other than that? Fewer guns to scroll through, especially when you start the game and the basic guns are selected.... Again!

• Vtec_Kicked_In_Yo likes this

Arya35
  • Arya35

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:10 PM

Give it to another player and/or you just don't want to use it anymore because it's too underpowered compared to others you have of the same type.

I dropped my normal sniper rifle because the heavy sniper completely surpasses it and I don't want it appearing in my weapon wheel.

The heavy sniper actually has a faster fire rate as it isn't a bolt action. The only benefits of the normal sniper is that you can equip a suppressor and it has a larger magazine.

Winning001
  • Winning001

They stole my iFruit full of power ballads

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

Because its a hammer and I can just get another one for free

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:36 PM

But with the heavy sniper one shot is enough to kill so fire rates don't matter

Unless you miss...
...And you can't silence the combat sniper.

Vtec_Kicked_In_Yo
  • Vtec_Kicked_In_Yo

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:28 AM

I accedintally dropped my combat mg but do any of you guys know if you have to purchase the gun with the scope and grip again if i already bought it or only just the gun?

KainThePunisher
  • KainThePunisher

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:15 AM

Y'all are crazy, I keep all weapons, fully modded and full clips. I ain't dropping sh*t but these nuts on busters who don't know what time it is.

Poetry

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:19 AM

HirsuteDave
  • HirsuteDave

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:40 AM

I accedintally dropped my combat mg but do any of you guys know if you have to purchase the gun with the scope and grip again if i already bought it or only just the gun?

As far as I'm aware any attachments you've purchased are permanent for that character whether you have them equipped on a weapon or not. I dropped my carbine a while ago and once I picked one up again I just had to re-equip the attachments.

• Vtec_Kicked_In_Yo likes this

Daimondl
  • Daimondl

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:06 AM

That feature is not implemented correctly ! 

I don't want to start with a micro SMG in my weapon wheel, all the other weapons should remain in the inventory, but a "Set" toggle button for your prefered weapon of each category (Also on Cars without having to go trough to all the weapons) should make things easier !

I mean, that feature is already on the helmets, it just needs to be inherited to the weapons class to remember your prefered weapon.

owlboogie
  • owlboogie

Break Yo' Selfies

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:41 AM

I used to think that weapons like the SNS pistol was useless and I dropped it for awhile. But I actually see an advantage to keeping it: more ammo capacity for your other guns.

Interesting theory. Not sure that it works tho. I've noticed that all ammo depletes even if you're only using bullets for one gun. And if you buy ammo for one weapon that another can use, it will rise as well.

Yes that is correct. But say my AP pistol has a capacity of 180 max. You add the SNS pistol that has a capacity of 64. You now have 64 more bullets available for your AP. They all deplete together. It's just the capacity has increased. (These numbers are just made up, I am not sure of the actual capacity.)

AlexSniperBullet
  • AlexSniperBullet

GTAPhotographer Commissioner

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:45 AM

I would find it helpful so i don't select the wrong weapon at some point

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Night Light OutlawS MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:05 AM Edited by ivarblaauw, 30 March 2014 - 09:08 AM.

I don't get the feature; it would make sence if you could put your weapons in a save; and only take 3/5 weapons with you.

Missions and freeroam would be challenging and awesome.

You then have to think forward instead of just going with it.

Edit: same with ammo; for $10.000 you should have the option to buy max ammo+180

This will make the game longer playable.

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:13 AM

I don't need the f*cking thing, I use what I use. When I pick up something I don't use or need, I drop it.

HirsuteDave
  • HirsuteDave

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

I gave up trying to drop micro SMGs - soon as I did I'd pick up another one,

zkroll
  • zkroll

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

Thank you, didn't even think about doing this. 

gameunit
  • gameunit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:43 AM

Feed the homeless, drop a weapon.......

Alarming
  • Alarming

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

Was playing with a friend who is much higher level and he gave me the sniper rifle as you had sit on a building and sniper ppl while the other person runs to the roof top.

He gave it to me so I can do some sniper shooting

guammm17
  • guammm17

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:35 AM

I drop all pistols except AP and also drop micro SMG before I start any mission or race.  But that is probably because I am one of the few that actually enjoys GTA races, and I find it very advantageous to be able to swap between stickies/grenades/AP quickly and always have the same number of clicks between them.  Of course some GTA races have the micro on them, which always pisses me off if I accidentally get it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users