Why is there so much hatred Online?

98 replies to this topic
The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:57 PM

There's so much hatred online because people can do what they want and say what they want from behind the safety of that controller/keyboard and not have to worry about someone smashing their face in. Thus why you will find most racist pieces of $#!+ on the internet.

• KnobCheez, TheMckeever, NorthwolfF and 1 other like this

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:58 PM Edited by TheMckeever, 29 March 2014 - 11:01 PM.

There's so much hatred online because people can do what they want and say what they want from behind the safety of that controller/keyboard and not have to worry about someone smashing their face in. Thus why you will find most racist pieces of $#!+ on the internet.

Exactly. Never has a more true reply been posted

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:23 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 29 March 2014 - 11:40 PM.

Some people lack the ability to empathize.

• Guelah Papyrus likes this

JoeyTwoShoes
  • JoeyTwoShoes

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:45 AM

I don't listen to other players when they talk, I let my gun do the talking.
  • TheMckeever likes this

Laker23
  • Laker23

Waiting for United to come good, waiting..

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:39 AM

13 year old kids thinking they're gangsters.

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:58 AM

OP you described a racist by being racist.

Dafuk.

Explain please?

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:07 AM

A friggin Scotsman lecturing Americans about British colonialism!  

Here's a thought  McGiver, grow a pair and take back your own country before you lecture the rest of us!   :sly:

• TheMckeever and The Angel King like this

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:40 AM Edited by TheMckeever, 30 March 2014 - 09:02 AM.

Here's a thought  McGiver, grow a pair and take back your own country before you lecture the rest of us!   :sly:

Referendum's coming up mate, you know what's gonna happen

The sales of R* games and whisky alone is gonna keep this country afloat for the next wee while.

No more sharing the pot with others, London alone has got more people in it than Scotland has, only makes sense.

But cheers for trying to at least make a decent point .

You desended from an hairy arsehole by the sounds of it with that McGiver line. (I would excuse you if you were verbally trying to say my name and got it wrong, but this ain't the case here) - ya wee witty radge

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:29 AM

You desended from an arsehole by the sounds of it with that McGiver line. (I would excuse you if you were verbally trying to say my name and got it wrong, but this ain't the case here) - ya wee witty radge

Descended from Danes, who were abusing your descendants long before the English! 

• TheMckeever likes this

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:58 AM Edited by TheMckeever, 30 March 2014 - 10:05 AM.

You desended from an arsehole by the sounds of it with that McGiver line. (I would excuse you if you were verbally trying to say my name and got it wrong, but this ain't the case here) - ya wee witty radge

Descended from Danes, who were abusing your descendants long before the English! 
Glad your proud of abuse having taken place, aye that was right before we joined forces wae the English, cannae remember for the life ae me mind wit happened to your boys efter that...... can you?

Away back tae google or wiki yi go, al wait........

Tell yi what else happened after that, we invented the TV, the toilet, the phone, whisky, penicillin, insulin, radar, discovered electromagnetics. And most importantly invented this game.

"The thing about the old days is they the old days" - Slim Charles
  • TheHammer likes this

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:50 AM

Glad your proud of abuse having taken place, aye that was right before we joined forces wae the English, cannae remember for the life ae me mind wit happened to your boys efter that...... can you?

I believe we began abusing the Irish....

• TheMckeever likes this

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

Another thread getting way out of hand... :panic:

• TheMckeever likes this

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

Another thread getting way out of hand... :panic:

DEFO, alot of people come in and start making it go off topic by making daft points and some just playing stupid insults.

greenghost2212
  • greenghost2212

Leader of the Central Ave Gang

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:36 PM

History lesson 101 - America -

2. Slaughtered a whole peaceful race of people and stole there land

It's obviously that you should have a history lesson son. If you think that the ''native americans'' were a peaceful race of people you are out of you god damn mind. The native americans were as brutal as any other humans but they didn't have the weapons the brits and the colonists had.

U a dummy smh. If that was the case the native Americans would've slaughtered the first pilgrims that got off the boat. Its common knowledge the visitors started it bro.
  • TheMckeever likes this

xRoyalFlush
  • xRoyalFlush

Lazer Jet Streetsweeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:39 PM

Yea, after looking back a bit I do find it funny that a non-competitive game, such as GTAV has so many trolls and complete D-bags. Unfortunately,TheMckeever; You are going to find squeakers (annoying little kids) or complete racist assholes anywhere you go in an online game and sit in game chat. I recommend muting people you dislike, or going into party chat. Not all of us Americans are like that though. I've met my share of friendly people in-game.

• TheMckeever likes this

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:54 PM Edited by Aaron030792, 30 March 2014 - 06:55 PM.

Most of the people I've added to my friend list who play GTAO are American. I have no problem with Americans...

If anything..................it's actually British players who tend to be trolls. So it has been in my experience anyway.

• TheMckeever likes this

fullmetalrabbit
  • fullmetalrabbit

The Killer Rabbit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

Every country has their dickheads. Most of the time, I highly doubt it has to do with racism. It's more like people feel they can say anything without consequence, due to the fact they can be anonymous.

Just a FYI, in case you might be interested, Indians weren't the first to be on this land. In fact, they too migrated here, like every other person.

• TheMckeever likes this

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

Every country has their dickheads. Most of the time, I highly doubt it has to do with racism. It's more like people feel they can say anything without consequence, due to the fact they can be anonymous.

Just a FYI, in case you might be interested, Indians weren't the first to be on this land. In fact, they too migrated here, like every other person.

I know that. They came from the north

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

Most of the people I've added to my friend list who play GTAO are American. I have no problem with Americans...

If anything..................it's actually British players who tend to be trolls. So it has been in my experience anyway.

Most my mates are American too. Alot of trolls from alot of different places, only worse thing than trolls is the amount of kids that play this game, why should I have to take time out to pause it and mute them. Oh wait it's cos their mums are buying the shark cards and R* couldn't be happier with that.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

Why all the Hatred??
Cash Cards!! That's why...
  • TheMckeever likes this

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

Yea, after looking back a bit I do find it funny that a non-competitive game, such as GTAV has so many trolls and complete D-bags. Unfortunately,TheMckeever; You are going to find squeakers (annoying little kids) or complete racist assholes anywhere you go in an online game and sit in game chat. I recommend muting people you dislike, or going into party chat. Not all of us Americans are like that though. I've met my share of friendly people in-game.

So true mate, I've found so many sound and funny Americans just randomly it's amazing, got new mates from all over the place that I can phone for the cost of $10 in-game money. People like me moan alot about the 1% of the game R* screwed up on, forgetting about the 99% of the game that they got right.

DJ Insanity
  • DJ Insanity

Hustler

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

GTA Forums has the same hatred too
  • TheMckeever likes this

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

You can look but that fine ass is all mine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

The sales of R* games and whisky alone is gonna keep this country afloat for the next wee while.

No more sharing the pot with others, London alone has got more people in it than Scotland has, only makes sense.

You desended from an hairy arsehole by the sounds of it with that McGiver line. (I would excuse you if you were verbally trying to say my name and got it wrong, but this ain't the case here) - ya wee witty radge
Wow a vote. f*cking pussies. My American ancestors didn't vote or ask nicely they said f*ck you red coats we are going to take our country by force. How's that for a history lesson.

I do like how in your OP you complained about people making derogatory comments when a few sentences in you stereotype the people talking. Just because somebody makes racist comments it doesn't make them southern or inbred. There are idiots in the eastern, western, northern, and southern parts of the US.

I'm a white guy from the south and I dislike the idiot kids acting like they are tough online as much as you do but I don't assume they are southern inbreds because they use racial slurs I just assume they are idiots.

Besides the "history lesson" and southern inbred comments I agree with your OP.
  • TheMckeever likes this

HopalongCasidy
  • HopalongCasidy

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:09 PM

Wow a vote. f*cking pussies. My American ancestors didn't vote or ask nicely they said f*ck you red coats we are going to take our country by force. How's that for a history lesson.

I do like how in your OP you complained about people making derogatory comments when a few sentences in you stereotype the people talking. Just because somebody makes racist comments it doesn't make them southern or inbred. There are idiots in the eastern, western, northern, and southern parts of the US.

I'm a white guy from the south and I dislike the idiot kids acting like they are tough online as much as you do but I don't assume they are southern inbreds because they use racial slurs I just assume they are idiots.

Thoughtful post, now you just have to realize that unless you are in the top 1%, your ancestors fought the war in order to give elite englishmen local parliamentary control, under the guise of constitutional democracy.

Nationalism is so funny sometimes.

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

Thoughtful post, now you just have to realize that unless you are in the top 1%, your ancestors fought the war in order to give elite englishmen local parliamentary control, under the guise of constitutional democracy.
I won't disagree that the elite have more privileges but the war for independence ran a little deeper than that.

The founding fathers also weren't Englishman. Some may have been of British decent but they were all born in America.

Just because things are different now doesn't mean the war was fought to only benefit the elite of the elite. Nice try though.
  • TheMckeever likes this

HopalongCasidy
  • HopalongCasidy

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

I won't disagree that the elite have more privileges but the war for independence ran a little deeper than that.

The founding fathers also weren't Englishman. Some may have been of British decent but they were all born in America.

Just because things are different now doesn't mean the war was fought to only benefit the elite of the elite. Nice try though.

You're only lying to yourself, here. Take care, fellow southerner.

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

Voting is how things are done these days sadly. I got some mates from the south of the US, they've always got a good sense of humor but this one guy, it was the other Americans in session that said he sounded inbred. But I agree with you mate shouldn't have generalised the South in the comment.

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:47 PM Edited by KornbreadMaf1a, 31 March 2014 - 12:43 PM.

^ you do realize that just because America turned out to be almost the exact thing they were fighting to get away from back in 1775 it doesn't mean they fought the war with that in mind.

You can believe what you want but I'm gonna stop derailing this fine Scottish gentleman's thread now.

The OP f*cked up me trying to stop the wall of quotes. Damn you.

Voting is how things are done these days sadly. I got some mates from the south of the US, they've always got a good sense of humor but this one guy, it was the other Americans in session that said he sounded inbred. But I agree with you mate shouldn't have generalised the South in the comment.
I was just busting your balls anyways. I'm so used to people making redneck and inbred jokes on Xbox whenever I talk that it doesn't even phase me anymore.
  • TheMckeever likes this

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

I'm glad you guys sent the British homeward, now I got great TV shows to watch, amazing music to listen to and jeans to wear, kilt was getting a wee bit itchy.

I wish it was like that nowadays.

A government should be afraid of its people not the other way about

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

Because the hatred already exists within people...and they are being thrown into close proximity with those which they spent most of their lives either avoiding or abusing.
  • TheMckeever likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users