Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V the worst, good looking game ever made?

50 replies to this topic
Gallioni Pepperoni
  • Gallioni Pepperoni

≧◔◡◔≦

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:04 PM

<insert didnt read lol gif>

didnt-read-lol-gif-15.gif

There ya go

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:05 PM Edited by Malibu454, 29 March 2014 - 10:05 PM.

Well the title of the thread claiming it's the worst game is a bit more than a criticism or a suggestion for improvement.

Being the worst game would make it unplayable. Wouldn't you think? :blink:

A few complaints would be a better title. There is much more things good about the game than the minor things that make the game unrealistic for op.

If you want to keep it real? Bring your rifle outside and go wild.. :*(  

MNTLspazzm
  • MNTLspazzm

Son of a Gun

• Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

...we'll see something great happen later through the year. [/b][/font]

*year 2016

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:37 PM

This game is horribly flawed and a huge disappointment compared to gta4. The only game in the series that's went backwards when it comes to content. However it's still mildly amusing to play.

MrCamo
  • MrCamo

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:45 AM

To the OP IMO-
In many ways this game is better than it's predecessors. The visuals are great. The character and vehicle and personalization are better, and the ability to create content is awesome. The feeling of ownership of your gta property and character are a whole new layer in this game.

The GTA series had always had a cynical dark humor overlay and it wouldn't be GTA without it. This adds humor without turning it into a complete cartoon. The cops will always be "pigs" in gta, there will be stereotypical groups, disgusting peds and even anti war and political satire. (See the space marines show) as well as other disturbing scenes. This is a trademark of Rockstar and is a turn off for many (parents) and I would not let my kid play this game until they were probably 14-15.

As far as it's shortcomings there are many. The draw distance is pretty bad for a world this detailed and sniping is very frustrating at ling distance.
The features from past games that did not make it are also a point of contention for many but are not so bad as to really detract from the game as they designed it.
It's obviously buggy but I believe it will be stabilized eventually, even at the cost of waiting to work on and release DLC and heists.

In sure Rockstar is embarrassed by the roll out and major cash glitch fiasco and I cannot believe how bad it was for a while. I would have to say it is probably the most bugged game I have ever played behind the early Socom series, but can accept the problems due to the great gameplay and the fact that when I play 99% of the time I just have fun and can work around the bugs.

So my suggestion is to understand that the whole game is designed around a comical cynicism that is made to point out the flaws of human society. if you can appreciate the fact that behind the veil of murder and meyhem there is a well though
out satire and just work around the bugs it might make you appreciate this game a little more.

Simply logic
  • Simply logic

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 02:21 AM

To the OP IMO-
In many ways this game is better than it's predecessors. The visuals are great. The character and vehicle and personalization are better, and the ability to create content is awesome. The feeling of ownership of your gta property and character are a whole new layer in this game.
The GTA series had always had a cynical dark humor overlay and it wouldn't be GTA without it. This adds humor without turning it into a complete cartoon. The cops will always be "pigs" in gta, there will be stereotypical groups, disgusting peds and even anti war and political satire. (See the space marines show) as well as other disturbing scenes. This is a trademark of Rockstar and is a turn off for many (parents) and I would not let my kid play this game until they were probably 14-15.
As far as it's shortcomings there are many. The draw distance is pretty bad for a world this detailed and sniping is very frustrating at ling distance.
The features from past games that did not make it are also a point of contention for many but are not so bad as to really detract from the game as they designed it.
It's obviously buggy but I believe it will be stabilized eventually, even at the cost of waiting to work on and release DLC and heists.
In sure Rockstar is embarrassed by the roll out and major cash glitch fiasco and I cannot believe how bad it was for a while. I would have to say it is probably the most bugged game I have ever played behind the early Socom series, but can accept the problems due to the great gameplay and the fact that when I play 99% of the time I just have fun and can work around the bugs.
So my suggestion is to understand that the whole game is designed around a comical cynicism that is made to point out the flaws of human society. if you can appreciate the fact that behind the veil of murder and meyhem there is a well though
out satire and just work around the bugs it might make you appreciate this game a little more.

Thats what i liked about all the previous grand theft autos especially liberty city was the fact they werent jokes unlike GTA V. They changed way it looked which was good but the fact they changed the way it worked is where they messed up and made it all tacky. You cant even turn around without moving forward anymore or adjust your camera view to stay at foot height for aiming and walking/running views.

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:07 AM

Joined 12 hours ago..

Another newb.. With another lameass whining thread.. I swear, they are the same person.

He probably joined, with the intent of posting this. I see you haven't been here all that long, is that all it takes to become a troll?

On topic. I somewhat agree with the Op. After as many hours as I have, it is becoming a little stale. As he points out many of the mechanics are downright shoddy, while the game itself looks fantastic. Anyone who doesnt agree that some of the mechanics are off, are just being fanboi and aren't really worth arguing with. Fanbois love what they love and even if the game broke today and was unplayable for a week, would still fanboi rather than be seen as "whiner". I mean really, Sniping through a lens increases your hearing? Sure its kinda cool, but its not a correct mechanic at all. To deny this, is to admit being a fanboi. You aim at an enemy (with auto aim at least) and you auto to a cop or NPC a block away? Tanks that take 20 stickies to blow up? Seriously, thats correct mechanics? Only if you are the one in the tank, trolling. Punch a guy and 1 star cops dont even bother to question, but rather just shoot you in the face! Bad mechanics. 

Of course some of this in nit picking, but after 20 days in game all these little things begin to be more glaring. Its fine to just play on, but to just ignore it and act as if this game is perfection (Being crass and ignorant in forums to bolster your stance) is simply put stupid. Its not "whining" to find faults in the game. Its "whining" to respond to it with standard fanboi arguments.

No, I haven't been..

But  , am I making dumbass threads like this..? 

No, didn't think so,, so go pound some sand, make a wish, and I will let you know when I give a sh*t.

Chipotle Chiggin
  • Chipotle Chiggin

El Pollo Loco (I killed link)

• BUSTED!
  • Norway

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:12 AM

No, I haven't been..

But  , am I making dumbass threads like this..? 
No, didn't think so,, so go pound some sand, make a wish, and I will let you know when I give a sh*t.

^ lol that was gold

Apply_cold_water_to_burned_area.jpeg

blackrooster_
  • blackrooster_

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

Cry Moar, sell your GTAV copies, and play something else instead! Then just gtfo.

You realize that's just a cop-out stance, right? I can actually articulate the reasons why GTA V is lacking in some ways (seriously, I can't be called by a friend to a great game while I'm in a lobby?) … but your stance is "gtfo." You do realize that it's the players like myself and many others who played nearly every day for five years that made GTA Online even remotely viable for Rockstar, right? And that perhaps we might be a little miffed that they removed much of the challenge from the previous game? Wouldn't you be upset if your favorite game finally got a sequel and it was dumbed down so that players who barely played it could enjoy the new version more? And is this what you want from your GTA game … posting selfies and emulating movie scenes? I don't know about you, but in a game where I can drive cars and shoot rivals, I'd like to … well, you know, drive cars and shoot rivals. And fixing the stupid helicopter controls would be great, too. Every time I see a helicopter flying overhead, I point out to my wife, "See. It's not shaking, is it? Just flying straight. Stupid Rockstar." lol

Joined 12 hours ago..

Another newb.. With another lameass whining thread.. I swear, they are the same person.

Not me. So what else ya got? lol

tumblr_ll3jfcaNsL1qfjo6eo1_400.jpg

OP this game here ^ ffs ultimate realism the graphics are beyond me i mean you can actually hold it physically whether far or upclose damn son the graphics stay the same and only costs llike 50 cents its also multiplayer too and game sharing enabled not bad i strongly suggest this game if gta5 does not suit you.

Unfortunately, this is the typical 13-year-old's response. Why have an intelligent, engaging conversation about a game when you can simply search Google for an image and post it? These are the kinds of players that I used to wipe the walls with in IV. lol

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:02 PM Edited by Aaron030792, 30 March 2014 - 12:04 PM.

@Simply logic.

You have to realise that posting a comment slagging off GTA, on a GTA forum, is going to get you flamed. There are simply too may fanboys on here.

It's not perfect, but it's not as terrible as you make it out to be.

MitchMaljers
  • MitchMaljers

Eat a dick, clown!

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

http://gtaforums.com...entry1065078905

• Malibu454 likes this

JoeBoneless
  • JoeBoneless

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

I enjoy the game but the radio gets old quick

Also the way you move SUCKS. Try creeping onto a good sniping vantage point- half the time you just walk off the roof

There are lots of bad ideas- catchup, bad sport etc but it's still quite fun to play

Simply logic
  • Simply logic

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:03 PM Edited by Simply logic, 30 March 2014 - 01:04 PM.

I enjoy the game but the radio gets old quick
Also the way you move SUCKS. Try creeping onto a good sniping vantage point- half the time you just walk off the roof
There are lots of bad ideas- catchup, bad sport etc but it's still quite fun to play

Well yeah you can always use your imagination but the reason you walk off roofs is because they pretty much designed the controls that make you go straight or curve forward.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

Mods why deleting posts, when you should delete the topic.

Why? Because someone has their own opinion about the game? It's relevant to GTA V and this section.

OP - I slightly agree with you. I'm not fond of the driving, but I'm getting used to it. I'm warming up to GTA V. I agree that GTA IV is better. GTA V is still quite good and fun, despite the douche players and the common errors.

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

Cry Moar, sell your GTAV copies, and play something else instead! Then just gtfo.

You realize that's just a cop-out stance, right? I can actually articulate the reasons why GTA V is lacking in some ways (seriously, I can't be called by a friend to a great game while I'm in a lobby?) … but your stance is "gtfo." You do realize that it's the players like myself and many others who played nearly every day for five years that made GTA Online even remotely viable for Rockstar, right? And that perhaps we might be a little miffed that they removed much of the challenge from the previous game? Wouldn't you be upset if your favorite game finally got a sequel and it was dumbed down so that players who barely played it could enjoy the new version more? And is this what you want from your GTA game … posting selfies and emulating movie scenes? I don't know about you, but in a game where I can drive cars and shoot rivals, I'd like to … well, you know, drive cars and shoot rivals. And fixing the stupid helicopter controls would be great, too. Every time I see a helicopter flying overhead, I point out to my wife, "See. It's not shaking, is it? Just flying straight. Stupid Rockstar." lol

Joined 12 hours ago..

Not me. So what else ya got? lol

Considering what I typed had absolutely nothing to do with you... Nothing.. Stop riding my thunder, get off my jock.

Chipotle Chiggin
  • Chipotle Chiggin

El Pollo Loco (I killed link)

• BUSTED!
  • Norway

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

@blackrooster none of us were talking to you mind your own business your actions are typical to what a child does brown nosing and such your reply was rather dumb as well and it wasnt to insult it was just a joke and again it was towards OP now uncling yourself from my nutsack please thank you

Jizzle2014
  • Jizzle2014

Employmentally Challenged

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:05 AM

If you don't like it don't play it I don't like sushi so I don't eat it simple as that

Simply logic
  • Simply logic

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:04 AM

If you don't like it don't play it I don't like sushi so I don't eat it simple as that

Is everything better to you just because it's simple? I disagree with your arguement. I think some mistakes need to be fixed.

OTF_Crow
  • OTF_Crow

President of The Feared MC

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:18 AM

To yo come from a family of crybabies?

McBean007
  • McBean007

Soldier

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:40 AM

No one likes a cry baby

- Trevor Philips

garyharry
  • garyharry

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:47 AM

Why when you aim through your sniper at vehicle far away you can hear it? Your sniper makes things louder? The rolling and the aiming mechanism in this game is terrible. Even if you aim at someones head from a far distance they will bleed clouds of blood until you need to reload and they will still be alive. The driving in this game is terrible . This game seems to have been purposely been made bad but disguised as good to the eye. will GTA 6 be any better? Probably not, I feel as if GTA4 will be the last Grand Theft Auto to actually require skill and learning to play efficiently, except for all you that use "Turbos". Other than the fact that obvious bugs in the game GTA V that were maybe purposely made for some reason like hearing things further away when you're sniping but random echos of screaming people that dont exist in the game when you're causing havoc, the consistent degrading comments that pedestrians make saying things like "you're scum of the earth!", the terrible radio stations that preach random nonsense that just feels bad for your mind, and the negative attitudes in the clothes stores when you're "shopping". GTA V what is your motive? This game is terrible in my opinion, and if i play it ever again i may only snipe because it seems to be the only bugged operation that works effectively in this game. What is your opinion now, you think im just hating or do you agree but still want to play anyway? Whichever, the choice is yours.

dont play it then

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users