Quantcast

» «
Photo

Smoke Screen in Races - Concept Video Inside

132 replies to this topic

Poll: Smoke Screen in GTA Races (149 member(s) have cast votes)

Do we need a smoke screen in GTA Racing?

1. Yes (30 votes [20.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.13%

2. No (113 votes [75.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.84%

3. Undecided (6 votes [4.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote
scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:58 PM Edited by scubadave, 21 April 2014 - 09:06 PM.

lol a smoke nuke, sets the whole city in a dark black fog for 20 seconds.

good idea!! drop a smoke nuke, everybody's screen goes black for 2 minutes. everyone's like WTF they think it froze, but they ain't because u can still do stuff, just by audio. ur audio and spatial awareness and map and 5.1 dolby is coming in extra handy when ur screen is black.

T4KxOmL.gif

Dave I respect you, but this idea is STUPID.

20% of all players want it in the game. that's 1 in 5, so upwards of 3 out of 16 players in a race would have smoke screens. guess who is probably going to take 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in that race?

Dave I respect you, but this idea is the best one that has ever been posted on GTAF.

Fixed.

thanks....

here you go:

1Jhb37G.png

Rented
  • Rented

San Andreas Rewind Lead Developer

• The Connection
  • England

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

Dave, I wonder why you have so much time... Making all these threads with quiet a lot of detail...

But to be honest all of your ideas are childish and would just make the game even less skill based...

PG.
  • PG.

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

Dave, I wonder why you have so much time... Making all these threads with quiet a lot of detail...

But to be honest all of your ideas are awesome and would just make the game even better

I agree, his ideas are great!

• scubadave likes this

Rented
  • Rented

San Andreas Rewind Lead Developer

• The Connection
  • England

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:10 PM

But to be honest all of your ideas are awesome and would just make the game even better

22c.gif

Ammunized
  • Ammunized

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:12 PM

I think 10-15 seconds is a bit too extreme... :bored:

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

rbxtMOt.png

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:41 AM

just an update while we revise the concept video:

would a 2 minute smokescreen be too much time if you smoked an entire race regardless of if they were actually positionally behind u in the race. that is a "super smoke screen" that automatcailly smoked everyone's screen, doesnt matter if they are in front of you, directly behind you, a mile behind you, offf-map, etc.???

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:59 AM

Terrible idea.

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Cause of head scratching.

• Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:04 AM

I'm fairly certain rockstar is not interested in your delusional ideas.  :panic:

Let's see: We are the first ones to get tanks into a Team Deathmatch... Rockstar then proceeds to certify multiple Tank Deathmatches (Saving Ryan's Privates, etc.), we run tanks to protect LSC from going bankrupt (LSC/Bahti glitch)... Rockstar patches the glitch. We blow up people in ammunation to protect against the unlimited ammo glitch and R* fixes the ammo glitch too. We blow up people in clothing stores to protect against the unlimited shoe glitch and r* patches that glitch too in 1.10. I'm not saying Rockstar is following our lead, but thats 3 for 3 now. oh yeah, we used to blow people up with tanks in their garages because they were griefing others, they patched that too in 1.12

You are truly delusional if you think you are the one leading Rockstar to these changes. For example, before content creator was even released Rockstar made their own tank death-matches (Desert Storm, Shell Shocked, Lago Zancudo, Corporate Shell-out). And they have yet to verify a tank death-match as we do not have the ability to make vehicle death-matches as yet, only death-matches with vehicles.

AllDay808HI
  • AllDay808HI

Peacekeeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:05 AM

Smokescreens? What more? Throwing bananas from your car? Blue shells to take down guy in 1st place?

Mrgrandis_HKG
  • Mrgrandis_HKG

Employee Of The Month

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:56 AM

Why the f*** you want to make GTA races like mario kart?  :facedesk:

• AllDay808HI likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:55 AM Edited by scubadave, 07 May 2014 - 09:27 AM.

I'm fairly certain rockstar is not interested in your delusional ideas.  :panic:

Let's see: We are the first ones to get tanks into a Team Deathmatch... Rockstar then proceeds to certify multiple Tank Deathmatches (Saving Ryan's Privates, etc.), we run tanks to protect LSC from going bankrupt (LSC/Bahti glitch)... Rockstar patches the glitch. We blow up people in ammunation to protect against the unlimited ammo glitch and R* fixes the ammo glitch too. We blow up people in clothing stores to protect against the unlimited shoe glitch and r* patches that glitch too in 1.10. I'm not saying Rockstar is following our lead, but thats 3 for 3 now. oh yeah, we used to blow people up with tanks in their garages because they were griefing others, they patched that too in 1.12

You are truly delusional if you think you are the one leading Rockstar to these changes. For example, before content creator was even released Rockstar made their own tank death-matches (Desert Storm, Shell Shocked, Lago Zancudo, Corporate Shell-out). And they have yet to verify a tank death-match as we do not have the ability to make vehicle death-matches as yet, only death-matches with vehicles.

shell shocked has been around since the beginning, but Corporate Shell Out was only released with the business update so that was after creator was out. not sure about the other two. But when I say "Tank Deathmatches" I am talking about a normal TDM, not a Vehicle DM. Those are all Vehicle DMs. We glitched a tank (very unstably with the mechanic glitch and when the tank could be stored as a personal vehicle) into the Maze Deathmatch. So we could roll the tank into that platformed area  overlooking the maze and fire away. that gets patched but guess what next we get Saving Ryans Privates and Seal Team Six both are verified and basically a tank in a normal TDM.

Belch
  • Belch

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:11 AM

You can do that on gran turismo, but it takes a lot of skill, and you pay the price because drifting isn't as fast as clean racing. But if you want to show off your mad drifting skillz, then why not?

• scubadave likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 10 May 2014 - 07:07 AM

You can do that on gran turismo, but it takes a lot of skill, and you pay the price because drifting isn't as fast as clean racing. But if you want to show off your mad drifting skillz, then why not?

well if its good enugh for GT, then why not in GTAV.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:08 AM

there was some code posted from 1.13 that showed a "SMOKE_COLOR" value in races. this was diferent than the TIRE SMOKE. so is it possible that you can 1) have the smoke screen and 2) have it crew colored?

6TlrlAe.gif

Entity beats you with a smoke screen.

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:12 AM

there was some code posted from 1.13 that showed a "SMOKE_COLOR" value in races. this was diferent than the TIRE SMOKE. so is it possible that you can 1) have the smoke screen and 2) have it crew colored?

6TlrlAe.gif

1. Lol Rank 8.

2. I'd say it should be similar to Mario Kart. You screen will be blinded but the GPS should still be visible. You can see the other racers and roads. But traffic can be a hazard.
  • scubadave likes this

IAmTheWhiteDeath
  • IAmTheWhiteDeath

fresh as f*ck

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:19 AM

A better idea would be to add smokescreens to chrome turbo'd NOS'd tanks with green tire smoke and complimentary rapid fire to control the Chradder-wielding money glitchers. Prevent them from seeing where Customs is and set up a tank shift around them. This would only work if it affected everyone in the session for 20 minutes, except those involved in the tank shift itself.

Praise our lord and savior, Scubadave.

Amen.

• scubadave likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:26 AM

A better idea would be to add smokescreens to chrome turbo'd NOS'd tanks with green tire smoke and complimentary rapid fire to control the Chradder-wielding money glitchers. Prevent them from seeing where Customs is and set up a tank shift around them. This would only work if it affected everyone in the session for 20 minutes, except those involved in the tank shift itself.

Amen.

Scubadave is just like religion.  Mindless peasants follow them, and they are made entirely of BS.

IAmTheWhiteDeath
  • IAmTheWhiteDeath

fresh as f*ck

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:28 AM

Amen.

Scubadave is just like religion.  Mindless peasants follow them, and they are made entirely of BS.

Holdeth your tongue, lest Scubadave smite such peasantry with the almighty Tank Shift.

• scubadave likes this

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

Everyone read a previous post. It mentions being smoke bombed and not being able to see for 20 minutes. That's stupid. And I mean stupid. It makes no sense. Now the smoke screen idea isn't half bad. I actually like it. It should only be added to GTA Races though. But it's a nice concept. :)

But the smoke bomb idea where you can't see for 20 minutes is just stupid.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:44 AM

Amen.

Holdeth your tongue, lest Scubadave smite such peasantry with the almighty Tank Shift.

He created tank shifts because I was too much of a threat to him and his peasants.  True story.

budcat
  • budcat

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:56 AM

Boo.

Biggie Kaniff
  • Biggie Kaniff

New Name

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:27 AM

Amen.

He created tank shifts because I was too much of a threat to him and his peasants.  True story.

A true story is the fact that you dont understand sarcasm.

Scubadave creates entertaining threads, he really contributes in making Gta Online and Gtaforums a better place.

Long live Scuba!

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:42 AM

Amen.

A true story is the fact that you dont understand sarcasm.

Scubadave creates entertaining threads, he really contributes in making Gta Online and Gtaforums a better place.

Long live Scuba!

Entertaining?  All he posts is crap ideas trying to be funny.  Keep in mind that the child hasn't been on the forums for a year yet.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:57 AM

Amen.

a general smoke screen that blocks out the screens for players in the session for 20 minutes? maybe when u activated the smoke screen you could either a) select which players are affected or b) just what players are not affected (crew members or tank shifters, for example)

6TlrlAe.gif

1. Lol Rank 8.

2. I'd say it should be similar to Mario Kart. You screen will be blinded but the GPS should still be visible. You can see the other racers and roads. But traffic can be a hazard.

good point, GPS would still work, just u cant see ur screen for20 minutes.

Everyone read a previous post. It mentions being smoke bombed and not being able to see for 20 minutes. That's stupid. And I mean stupid. It makes no sense. Now the smoke screen idea isn't half bad. I actually like it. It should only be added to GTA Races though. But it's a nice concept. :)

But the smoke bomb idea where you can't see for 20 minutes is just stupid.

20 minutes, 10 minutes, either one. it would probably just cost more for the 20 minutes vs the 10 minutes, etc.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:22 AM

I am literally crying. So glad this thread keeps getting bumped. Scubadave, you crack me up, man.
  • scubadave likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:44 AM

I am literally crying. So glad this thread keeps getting bumped. Scubadave, you crack me up, man.

will we have to wait for PC for the mod or will this make it in the next DLC? informal pole.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 02:51 AM

I'm thinking that something this impressive should be left to the PC version.
  • scubadave likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:03 AM

I'm thinking that something this impressive should be left to the PC version.

well thats obvious. just talking about the current DLC packs for oldgen.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:04 AM

Actually smokescreens and oil slicks would be cool but only in gta race and they should be a pick up like boost or rockets
  • scubadave likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users