Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why have they chosen a black & white color sheme for the cop cars

1 reply to this topic

Poll: What color sheme you would have chosen ? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

What color sheme you would have chosen ?

1. I would have chosen the well know NYPD color sheme : black & blue (7 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. I stick with the final decision of the devs : black & white (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:49 PM Edited by Spadge007, 25 March 2014 - 07:53 PM.

Hey GTA fanatics ! 

Since I got my GTA III finally working and I'm able to enjoy it, I can finally move on to questions wich are more gameplay/content themed.

Since the game is set in Liberty City, so New York, it would be logic to use a Blue & White color sheme for the cop cars. However, you know that this isn't the case.

GTAIII_LCPD_copcar_change.jpg

What is surprising, Rockstar planned to implement the classic NYPD color sheme for the cop cars in GTA III, but then changed it shortly before release.

However, I ignore the reason why. Does some of you know why the color sheme was changed to black & white, and what color sheme do you prefer ? Why ?

Personally, the NYPD color sheme, would given a more Liberty City like atmosphere. The black and white sheme is just to basic/stereotipycal.

Happy disscussing !

Spadge.

PS : Does someone have a mod to get those NYPD color shemes, as seen on the top of the picture ?

• Saschaboy likes this

Inbred Walrus
  • Inbred Walrus

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

After 9/11 they wanted Liberty City to be less like New York City. They changed a few missions, including one where you would fly the dodo into Donald Love's building. That's also probably why the Dodo is so hard to control, because they didn't want people crashing it into buildings. Darko, a terrorist that would give you rampage-like missions, was also cut. Kids, school buses and schools were also cut. 9/11 changed a lot in the game because they didn't want people to be reminded of the horrible event, because LC is NY and you're already causing a ton of mayhem...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users