• This topic is locked This topic is locked
204 replies to this topic
Xily
  • Xily

Hater Player

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:02 PM

Well, looks like it's time to grind Coveted for now.

MFjo
  • MFjo

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:07 PM

I still have stocks and scares but no more RR. I'm on ps3

fullmetalrabbit
  • fullmetalrabbit

The Killer Rabbit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:09 PM

I'll just remain calm and see what happens.

Reemer
  • Reemer

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:09 PM Edited by Reemer, 25 March 2014 - 11:10 PM.

Im pretty ticked right now. Lost my Cognoscenti cabrio because of that stupid glitch in spot 1 in my garage. So there goes 250K + on buying it, and modding it up. And then since they didnt even reply to report, I got another car which I probably put 75-100K into it, and now they take away one of the easiest (if not the easiest) mission to grind. Gee, thanks R*!

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:16 PM

Well, looks like it's time to grind Coveted for now.

Guess so, but I find coveted boring sometimes, RR was the only mission which could be done in less than 4 mins and give you 4400RP(if done with crew members) and $18750. Gonna miss hearing this if it gets gone for good ;_;
"No, Patricia, no! I'm playing Golf GOLF! FORE! You're being hysterical. Its the menopause again. That never happened. I'm afraid I cannot be spoken to like that No, no! GOLF I tell you!"
  • TimmyM56, Shaundi., World Champion and 5 others like this

Arya35
  • Arya35

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:25 PM

We can probably blame that lame ass c..t who found a way to glitch rr.

There was a way apparently for the host to start the job with friends, the friends died, then the host died or something similiar and game ended but the other players (not the host) still got cash and rp and
it was all done in 30 seconds according to the cheating sh*t thread I read yesterday.

No doubt these same cu.ty wankers did it with a few more missions too. I really f*cking hate modders and glitchers. Hope they get their consoles shoved up their assholes.

Sorry, that might have been me, I only found this out when I was helping out two of my low level friends back when the Valentine's dlc was out. I didn't spread it around though, I just made a comment on a YouTube video saying that this method was much more efficient if you were willing to help others.

RoyalSyndLuke
  • RoyalSyndLuke

Royal Syndicate

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:27 PM

I have word that the reason they are fixing it is because a few hours ago there was a crash in the job file for RR and hence why many people above have mentioned it appearing twice and saying mission failed when they'd delivered the package.

I suppose base invaders and s n S crashed too? Wise up ffs.

S & S is still on mine had a go at it before, Base Invaders not so sure never played that mission before  :blink:

LukeyDukey1988
  • LukeyDukey1988

Lurking the depths

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:31 PM

Its back on my host mission list now? Wasn't there 20mins ago? Maybe fixed!

MadHaTT3R
  • MadHaTT3R

Racing isnt Crashing

• Members

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:38 PM

I gotta laugh at all those who DID grind it for RP, now calling it names and saying it needs nerfed. Fact is, there are only 3-4 mission with anything close to a good RP payout and RR is/was one of them and even the "I play for fun" players know it. Other missions can indeed be fun, after you have leveled up high enough to not worry about points or money. Till then most are nothing more than tedious ventures for little reward and hardly worth the effort. 

I prefer to race. Takes 5 minutes and you get max RP (Im not worried about money, so RP is important). Why bother grinding a single or a couple missions, when racing is easier, cost nothing (re:ammo/armor) and pays out good RP. Wanna level faster? Make a race playlist and profit. Though I will put in a RR or Coveted, just for fun.

• JOEsAGGRESSIVE likes this

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:41 PM Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch, 25 March 2014 - 11:46 PM.

ok, my game wont stop freezing long enough to test it out.

if you accept an invite to rooftop rumble it should comeback on your list. i joined a friend and it paid out $42,000 like it was my first time. then it kept freezing so i cant tell what the payout is after the second time. also it appears not everyone gets rooftop rumble back after they accept an invite. im guessing they just wiped all the golden stars from people's maps.

the winner of the race gets great money and rp. everyone else doesnt make out as well. rooftop was good for money and rp for everyone...even the guys that dont do anything but stand there till its over. 4 crew mates on free aim and the payout for rooftop rumble is 5300rp and $18500 depending on how many people you killed and if the payout hasnt been nerfed.

JOEsAGGRESSIVE
  • JOEsAGGRESSIVE

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:58 PM

hope they fix how fast those damn grangers are. No way a stock granger should keep pace with a vacca(stock or modded).

BTW playing coveted solo is(for me) the only way its possible because when others join the NPC's always disappear making them impossible to snipe.

man, looking at these comments you can definitely see who the R* representatives are(or they are just diehard trolls)

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:04 AM

Well no reason to play this game anytime soon (already boring though) till the good dlc starts rolling

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:08 AM

Not sure why, but at Level 110, I've never been able to access this mission. Whenever a player sends an invite, I get a message saying "that mission is no longer available." Not once, but every time. I can never get Martin to give me any other mission except the Water/Vineyard one and in my jobs list, I've only got a short list of mission jobs.

Bummer, because it would have been nice to play it! My guess is that because I did not finish story mode, maybe that's why?

I should add that I can't access Coveted, either.

My best friend is Potshot. <sigh>

redpoint
  • redpoint

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:14 AM

Mission disappearances happen all the time and are lag/glitch related, just restart GTAO and/or your console.

Don't think R* actually removed it because if they did there would already be mass suicides.

EDIT: Its gone for me too (PS3), I will be jumping off the Eclipse Towers roof tonight if anyone wants to join me, I don't wanna be alive to see the new-look $5,000 payout  :sui:

mmm chocolate
  • mmm chocolate

.... BLAINE COUNTY .... xbox one

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:16 AM

I hope they replace it with a better or similar paying mission. Or just bring it back.

I didnt grind it crazy, but I for sure used it for whenever I felt like making a 100Gs quickly.

cswood
  • cswood

Jack of No Trades

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:20 AM Edited by cswood, 26 March 2014 - 12:51 AM.

I can still play it, but twice in a row it failed and said "Rival delivered package" even though there were only two of us and we were both in the same car, but third time it worked.

Also it seems that the enemies' guns take out way more energy than they used to. Two shots and my armor was all gone. I've died way more times playing RR today than I have over the past few days, my crewmembers too. R* is certainly toying with the mission somehow.

sataniclouie
  • sataniclouie

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:22 AM

This really sucks just got to 75 last night, restarted my ps3 twice this afternoon and nothing, I'm sick of coveted.... cockstar is missing me off

greenghost2212
  • greenghost2212

Leader of the Central Ave Gang

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:40 AM

This really sucks just got to 75 last night, restarted my ps3 twice this afternoon and nothing, I'm sick of coveted.... cockstar is missing me off

Dude chill out smoke a b haha. RR ain't went nowhere obviously its a glitch in the system seeing as every 41 friends playing today sent me RR invites.

Muskidinho04
  • Muskidinho04

God of Thunder

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:03 AM Edited by Muskidinho04, 26 March 2014 - 01:06 AM.

didnt rockstar mess up the names of rooftop rumble and high priority case? considering there is not fighting on a rooftop in RTR.

• World Champion likes this

Wrath049
  • Wrath049

Player Lover

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:19 AM

Or, maybe they just figured out that it's supposed to be called "High Priority Case" and are working on switching the titles between the two (much hilarious confusion for farmers starting Rooftop Rumble and being told to get a chopper). 

I've always thought those two should be swapped name-wise.

• Muskidinho04 likes this

Funkwalrus
  • Funkwalrus

We can't stop here, this is bat country!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:24 AM

jeezuz just play coveted

its shorter and almost the exact same pay

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:29 AM

Surprise surprise it is gone. Can't say I'm bothered by it considering I don't need to do any missions. It is understandably frustrating that it is gone (for now anyway).

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:33 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 26 March 2014 - 01:39 AM.

1234443297_ken_park_suicide.gif

But it seems too coincidental that the social club links are no longer working as well.

Is it missing for anyone who did not bookmark it?

One theory I have is that it got glitched off the list when they removed the social club links.

Although, the links stopped working yesterday, and this was only reported today.

JoeBoneless
  • JoeBoneless

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:37 AM

Wow I did it all
Morning now is bye bye

nomface11
  • nomface11

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:47 AM

Its the end people. We saw it coming from a mile way . We knew rockstar would not stand for rooftop rumble to be grinded as that would be an affront to their kesh kerds gods. Now they have stricken the first blow to this community. We will remember this day as the day we grinded coveted instead

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

I don't give a f*ck

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:48 AM

1234443297_ken_park_suicide.gif

But it seems too coincidental that the social club links are no longer working as well.

Is it missing for anyone who did not bookmark it?

One theory I have is that it got glitched off the list when they removed the social club links.

Although, the links stopped working yesterday, and this was only reported today.

My bookmark is missing but the mission can fail upon proper completion. 

Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:49 AM

Its gone. Im on Xbox and nothing no bookmarked no host through jobs WTF??

Foleydelphia
  • Foleydelphia

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:54 AM

. We will remember this day as the day we grinded coveted instead

dead

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:59 AM

Never had it on my online-jobs menu (presumably because Martin hasn't offered it to me by phone) but my in game mission trigger (from the bookmark I got in these forums) is gone. No great loss IMO - between levels 75 and 80 I've played it twice. All the other missions people are saying ate gone (which I had on my list previously) such as base invaders, coveted, mixed up are still there. But then I unlocked all those legit.

Keep calm and play potshot

Handsome Z
  • Handsome Z

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:01 AM

1.12 patch notes

"Rooftop Rumble payout has been decreased to $400"

• PandaFury likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users