Photo

Battlefield Hardline

717 replies to this topic
.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:54 PM Edited by DarthShinobi, 25 March 2014 - 07:54 PM.

Oh gee, a multimillion dollar company rushes a broken game out to the public so they can make more money and they make their devs work on DLC for a broken game before the game is out. What are we supposed to take it up the ass like chumps? Maybe you like being ripped off, but not me.

• Street Mix likes this

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:48 PM Edited by Zancudo, 25 March 2014 - 08:50 PM.

Doesn't mean to treat them as if they did something horrible to humanity.

What can you do about it? Masses are ruling the market, and the company we have here is especially commercially-slanted, so they simply do what they gotta do to be profitable. Wanna play badass? Go out on the street with your homies and make a protest. Hey, maybe they'll listen to you!

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

What can you do about it?

Not buy their sh*tty half assed product.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:15 PM Edited by Zancudo, 25 March 2014 - 09:17 PM.

In the next sentence, I wrote: "masses are ruling the market". Which pretty much means you can't do anything about it. I thought this was self-explained, but oh well, I must have forgotten I'm on the GTAForums.

Though if you can, somehow, force all those million people to stop buying their "half-assed products", then I want to shake your hand, god.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:23 PM Edited by RoadRunner71, 25 March 2014 - 09:23 PM.

In the next sentence, I wrote: "masses are ruling the market". Hence you can't do anything about it. I thought this was obvious, but oh well, I must have forgottem I'm on the GTAForums.
If you can, somehow, force all those million people to stop buying their "half-assed products", then I want to shake your hand, god.

Yes. I can avoid buying their product. The mass is compossed by individuals. If each individual slightly dissatisfy with the current market system did that as well(included those who complain and still buy the game because "the mass rules the market and they can't do anything against it"), it would eventually get noticeable for the companies.

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

What can you do about it? Masses are ruling the market, and the company we have here is especially commercially-slanted, so they simply do what they gotta do to be profitable. Wanna play badass? Go out on the street with your homies and make a protest. Hey, maybe they'll listen to you!

I'm not treating them like that. I'm not saying they're pieces of sh*t, they're world class devs, I know they are. I've played their previous gems, like BF2, BF1942, etc. And now they're more focused on getting the game out when it's clearly not ready so they can start the money flow, or working on DLC before the game is out. I know it's a bit unfair to blame DICE instead of EA, but as the devs, they should step their foot down and say "Hey the game isn't finished, we need more time", but no.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

In the next sentence, I wrote: "masses are ruling the market". Which pretty much means you can't do anything about it. I thought this was self-explained, but oh well, I must have forgotten I'm on the GTAForums.

Though if you can, somehow, force all those million people to stop buying their "half-assed products", then I want to shake your hand, god.

Are you that retarded you've never heard of something called a boycott?? Do you know what that means? So please f*ck off. Stop kissing their ass just because they are a big company trying to make "dirty" money buy rushing their products and pissing off their customers by releasing a buggy game, and when they try to improve it, it gets worse. Get up and smell the coffee, you're just letting yourself be treated like a dirtbag. EA should be tortured, they should be stripped off their human rights, until they smell common sense and realize what good customer service means.

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:49 AM

I'd love to see a return to WWII settings in BF5 or at least some next-gen BF title. With the game being built with the PS4/XB1 in mind the PC version will also improve, but I feel that if they can get a return to BC2 style destruction it would have a lot of potential. Imagine the Battle of Berlin with full destruction, or a fight in the Netherlands where you can destroy a reservoir and flood the map? Plus it would allow for a change from this never-ending stream of modern FPSes, and it would mean that crappy ironsights would actually become a legitimate factor in balancing.

However, a WW2 BF5 would offer the one best feature possible: Kamikazing into a building and actually blowing it up.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:16 AM

To be honest, yesterday the NS DLC came out for BF4 and I have to say it is actually pretty good, my constant crashes seem to now have been fixed and the game seems somewhat stable again. The new maps are far better than all the other maps in the game combined (from what I have experiences so far) and the carrier mode is pretty fun. I played it exclusively last night and felt the gameplay worked well.

So I have to give them some credit, I honestly thought everything was just total sh*te, but at least the latest stuff isn't half bad. But then again it still was £39.99 for the game, then £39.99 for premium. Or even more if you buy them separately. That is a whole f*cking lot of money for (when I bought them) a broken game.

Mirror's Edge 2 is a write off for me. I love the first game so dearly that it is as close to my heart as a bible to a christian. So anything they do with it at this point is only just going to insult and offend me through to my very core. I don't think it should be a free roam experience with drop in multiplayer. That is not what the game is about. It is almost a racing game, finding the best lines to beat a level super fast, while feeling the best atmosphere you have ever experienced in your life. That will be ruined by free roam and other players.

The main hope for me is SW Battlefront, but I don't have any idea how they are going to make that and will they just sh*t all over the first two games, I don't know.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

The main hope for me is SW Battlefront, but I don't have any idea how they are going to make that and will they just sh*t all over the first two games, I don't know.

Honestly, I don't care that much for Mirror's Edge, but if they f*ck Battlefront up, this is it for me. I'll lose every ounce of faith I had in EA or DICE for that matter.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:46 PM

Since Battlefront 3 is inspired by the Batman Arkham Series, I doubt that it will be even a classic Battlefront.
I only read the headlines though.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

Since Battlefront 3 is inspired by the Batman Arkham Series, I doubt that it will be even a classic Battlefront.

Wait a f*cking second. Can you give me source? It's not that I don't believe you, since in my eyes you're known to be reliable when it comes to gaming news, but I want to see the stupidity myself.

How the f*ck does a game like Battlefront find inspiration in f*cking Batman?

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

Basically every new BF:

New weapons

Better destruction

1 pixel bigger textures

New hand textures

New crappy Single Player

New sh*t* maps

etc...

All BF4 was added new weapons, textures, maps and removed that crappy blue filter, and boom you have BF4.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:48 PM

Someone remember the Kickstarter Game "Police Warfare" from 2 Years ago?

what happened to it?

Probably Visceral is going for that setting now.

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:03 AM

I rarely lag in bf4 i thought the story was great and too everyone crying and complaining do something or stop crying cause a company could careless about a few people

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:44 AM

I rarely lag in bf4 i thought the story was great and too everyone crying and complaining do something or stop crying cause a company could careless about a few people

lol @ " a few people"

they even asked for input from the players regarding the netcode. it was and still is a huge problem. they try to fix it with every patch

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:45 AM

To be fair, this year they lost in the first round to Time Warner Cable. :p

Until, the gamers, until we do something about it, FPS games will be recycled sh*t. We have to boycott them, make huge petitions to make them release every 3 years to allow good developement times apthat add improvement.

DICE are going to be f*cking swamped. Battlefield 5, Battlefront, Mirrors Edge. They're going to f*ck one up, and if it's Battlefront, I will seriously be done with EA.

Hell if they mess up Mirrors Edge 2, that's it. I can officially say they are THE worst company in the world, not just in gaming and that they deserve to be put in a cage like an animal and be tortured.

Really? Worse than companies that supply weapons for wars, worse than companies that ruin the world's supply of water/oil/food/whathave you, worse than companies that exploit child labour and slavery to bring goods to the market cheap? Really? Because they made a couple games you didn't like? And you're going to put all their 15k+ employees in a cage to be tortured because they didn't make the game YOU wanted? My my.

f*ck me, millions of people enjoy their game, so of course they're going to keep doing so. They are simply making the thing that gives them the most money. Yep, it's greedy, but that's how corporations work. If you hate it, don't buy it, then maybe they'll start doing something different. But newsflash, millions love it, so they win. Without EA's/Activision's/et al's money, you wouldn't have a BF in the first place.

And what makes them bad games? No, not your opinion, give me facts, give me examples, of why BF4 is such a "failure", prove to me that it is a horrible game. Go on, I dare you.

• TheMasterfocker likes this

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:56 AM

Naval Strike = da shiznit. Best DLC 'gametype and mapwise'... weapons wise it's total crap.

Still waiting for pretty unique but legit weapons. HK417, come on for f*cks sake. More attachements (angled T1 red dots, T1 red dot sights, 'Dynamic' sights Short Dots for those who know them, ability to put a bipod and a vertgip on some LMG's/ 7.62 rifles... mix it up legitify that sh*t). Add LEGHIT Weapon Camos (or rather said sprayjobs).  AOR1/2 sprayjobs... honeycomb, spraypainted Kryptek, spraypainted or watertransferred "multicam" (but yeah, 'wornish' instead of brand new looking). We have sh*ttons of sprayjobs but they ain't leghit, that effective or just pure sh*t.

• Daz likes this

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:16 AM

I posted this on reddit:

I recently played BF2 the first time and noticed, that many players went in crouch stance before they started shooting. I really felt like I was in a Movie (á la Black Hawk Down) because there were way less people shooting while walking, which is more realistic and was awesome. The whole scenery felt so different from BF3/4 because of that.
I asked myself, why the benefits of shooting while crouching is so small in the recent games? It almost makes no difference if you shoot while walking and crouching.

I think this would give the game a totally different dynamic again.
It doesnt has to be as in BF2, where the spread for shooting while walking was pretty huge.
But in BF5 they should give the crouching stance more benefits again. Make the difference in spread a lot more different between crouching and standing.

I guess many BF2 Players know what I mean.

3267436633.jpg

• Daz likes this

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:49 AM

No clue what you are on about. How is battlefront ANYTHING like any other game except for Battlefield?

Naval Strike = da shiznit. Best DLC 'gametype and mapwise'... weapons wise it's total crap.

Still waiting for pretty unique but legit weapons.

I feel the carrier assault mode has a perfect balance, and for some reason it always feels way more populated and fun than just a basic conquest, as people sit around and camp like c*nts on conquest. Feeling like they don't need to contribute. The maps are great, at least on carrier assault. Lost islands and Operation Mortar are my favs. I finally got a kill with the old canon as well, so I am pretty happy.

But the game does need some better weapons. I do like the AWS or whatever the new M4 LMG is, that I like. The rest, meh. Need more carbines and accurate DMR's.

WHY IS THERE NO G3 YET? AAARRHHH

I guess many BF2 Players know what I mean.

Well games these days are for the casual gamer market, or at least to try and appeal to them. I would love battlefield, to at least have a proper realistic mode. (Not hardcore). I want the game the way it is, just with much better accuracy and more damage. So people can't hop around and avoid all my shots. But then they would have to re-balance weapons and vehicles.

I loved BF2, f*ck crouching we all used to have to dolphin dive into prone to get any decent range accuracy. I still crouch or go prone at flags. But I don't think the arguement that crouching improves your aim is accurate. Infact when I shoot I feel that I shake more if I crouch than if I stand in a comfortable position. However, if you are leaning your elbow onto your knee then yes, it might be a bit more stable.

Basically every new BF:

New weapons

Better destruction

1 pixel bigger textures

New hand textures

New crappy Single Player

New sh*t* maps

etc...

All BF4 was added new weapons, textures, maps and removed that crappy blue filter, and boom you have BF4.

There is nothing wrong with that. If a game is awesome then all we ever want is new assets and content. However they change the games so much each time that they never feel like the same game and are difficult to re learn. BF4 is pretty pisspoor on current gen. And I think that is why BC2 felt so damn good, was because it was designed for consoles first. BF3 and BF4 were designed for PC first, so we are always going to get the short end of the stick on 360.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:50 AM

And so it begins.

BF3 was the last title in the series that felt like a complete game, BF4 was just a rehash of 3 with some new toys, I wonder what 5 will be like....

• M210F likes this

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:16 AM

Hopefully thry will reintroduce some stuff from BF2

dreaming...

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

Pure Heroine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:21 AM

After Betafield 4, I'll pass.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:45 PM Edited by iNero, 06 May 2014 - 09:49 PM.

eawtftvejr.png

http://files.shareho...ings_Slides.pdf

Here:

Mysterious new Frostbite game to be revealed at E3 – Q3

http://www.vg247.com.../06/ea-q4-fy14/

Edit:

EA has confirmed during their conference call that their unannounced Q3 title will be unveiled at E3 2014. They’ve also confirmed it will be built on the Frostbite 3 engine and is in development at a “flagship developer”.

http://mp1st.com/201...y/#.U2lXY_l_tAK

Most likely the rumored Police Spin Off

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:14 PM Edited by DarthShinobi, 06 May 2014 - 10:20 PM.

Hopefully it's not Battlefield with police skins. Hopefully it plays sort of like Counter-Strike or Rainbow Six Vegas. Smaller maps and quicker gameplay. Since I don't think a police themed game would make sense on huge maps.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:22 PM

Why aren't they making another fight night? Champion was the best boxing game I have ever played, they should make a next gen version with much better servers, add more fighters, good story and much better graphics. Seems like Mirrors Edge 2 isn't on the list either.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:23 PM

Hopefully it's not Battlefield with police skins. Hopefully it plays sort of like Counter-Strike or Rainbow Six Vegas. Smaller maps and quicker gameplay. Since I don't think a police themed game would make sense on huge maps.

Nope. CS is way too different to play like this. If at all, it will be a more tactical Version of BF with smaller maps.

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

Well maybe CS is too quick, but making it play like Vegas would work IMO. Minus the cover system.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:44 PM

Well maybe CS is too quick, but making it play like Vegas would work IMO. Minus the cover system.

yea, but should have a peak/lean function though. Its essentially these days in such shooter. Most tactical/realistic shooter have it. Even CoD re-introduced it in Ghosts.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:55 AM

I am sorry, it can't be called battlefield in any way if it is smaller CQC maps.

The reason Battlefield is unique is because there is no other game out there that even comes close to having super large scale maps, with massive amounts of players with all vehicle types included.

The reason it beats any Cod game is because of that scale. Drawing that back is just limiting the potential of a good game series.

I mean, Rainbow Six: Vegas is in my top 3 games of all time, it is truely a masterpiece. But I don't think DICE should persue anything of that sort, there are far too many games like that.

Just like how the CQB map pack for BF3 sucked balls, the game world just isn't designed for that and it just turns into COD. Unrealistic awful twitch/glitch shooting.

Battlefield and any other game of a similar style is best played at a slower pace with precicely aimed shots with more realistic damage.

If they ditch large scale maps I will ditch battlefield.

They may as well rename it Battlebuilding 5.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users