Quantcast

» «
Photo

What's the point of buying a helicopter?

40 replies to this topic
Sangers
  • Sangers

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:17 AM

Missions, missions, and missions.  Buzzard makes a lot of jobs go faster.

Cargobob also.

• stonedpimpso likes this

Gamehacker19
  • Gamehacker19

LSPD Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:14 PM

But does it spawn near you most of the time? If I don't buy a buzzard I might buy a frogger because they rarely spawn for me and I like it much better than the maverick.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

But does it spawn near you most of the time? If I don't buy a buzzard I might buy a frogger because they rarely spawn for me and I like it much better than the maverick.

Thats pretty much the biggest perk of owning one.

Wiredmike420
  • Wiredmike420

Team Leader

• Members

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:28 PM

I own the Buzzard, Annihilator, Cargo Bob, and the Frogger.

FROGGER is by far the fastest helicopter in the game, you can fly from Los Santos to Mount Chilliad and back in less than 5 minutes.

If your going to want to shoot someone out of the sky who is in a helicopter or plane and you don't feel like sniping them, then you pull out the BUZZARD.

CARGO BOB is obviously for transporting cars, boats, etc.. to and from where ever you want it to go.

Lastly the ANNIHILATOR, if there are no attack helicopters or a jet in the sky and you want to take down someone in a regular helicopter even just for fun, switch views to attack mode, now you have a giant target for a view, and 2 mini-guns and your disposal. I tend to take out a helicopter in 1-2 seconds upon getting into gun range.

They all serve different purposes, as well each helicopter holds a different quantity of people. Own which ever one you want, but like the 1st person to respond said, its better than hoping they spawn in the one you want, or having to fly back and forth for no reason.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Go then, there are other worlds than these.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

It's rare, but sometimes there are no choppers at the spawn points when you arrive.  Paying a measly $200 (plus the initial investment, but I bought all my Pegasus vehicles int he Billionaire Days) seems like a small price to pay for a guaranteed shot.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

To get to point A to B quickly. Also in missions that require you travel quite a long way it can be quite handy and shaves a few minutes off the mission time.

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:57 PM Edited by Aaron030792, 28 March 2014 - 03:00 PM.

Bit of a no brainer, but a helicopter comes in handy for a mission like High Priority Case. I only managed to complete that by stealing a Merryweather backup helicopter. :D

Plus as Hodgey said, I'd rather hop in a helicopter than drive from LSIA to Paleto Bay. :lol: I like driving but sometimes you just want to get somewhere as quickly as possible.

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

I bought it all during the billionaire days. Never use any of the helicopters, not even the buzzard.

Shotty Pop
  • Shotty Pop

Hustler

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:16 PM

I bought all the helis but i only use the buzzard and cargobob. 

Buzzard is great for missions it's a great investment and i use the 

cargobob for transporting my car from sandy shores to avoid the long drive to the city..

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:18 PM

I originally bought the Buzzard to make missions go faster, but I did so right before they made the missions available from the start menu so now I just play Rooftop Rumble for money and I don't have a use for my Buzzard there. So now I just use it sometimes to kill players, but the auto-lock is so frustrating that I rarely do so.

BigBiff
  • BigBiff

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

only worth buying the buzzard and annihilator, maybe the frogger

their only big uses are during missions when helicopters dont normally spawn at their helipads

Annihilator, no way.  Too expensive and the buzzard is better for what you need the annihilator for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users