311 replies to this topic
Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:16 PM

ZfM6OB1.jpg

(i made this post back in jan. on 7sins, lol)

the inspiration for the post was after i saw this vid,

• Acetaminophen likes this

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

Welcome to modern society. We live in an ERA where reality television dominates the airwaves, and ANYONE can become famous overnight. The internet is part of the "reality tv" era, and contributes with outlets like Facebook, Twitter and Youtube among others. All people care about is how many people they can get attention from, and they will use whatever means necessary to fill the void in their pathetic lives.

Most of these parasites would be anonymous losers if it weren't for the internet. Today it's GTAV, tomorrow it'll be something else, but you aren't going to see an end to "Hey ya'll, it's Turdburglar here with news, don't forget to like and subscribe so that my ego can continue to be inflated!".

• Hx1349, Average white guy and Niobium like this

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:48 PM

You seen them all. But this guy's intro is the worst thing in history.

'Hey Guys beghbgnvjwbjbhgr here..'

Sounds like he's having a seizure.

Poor YouTuber, let's turn AdBlock off for them.. :sarcasm:

To be fair on GUN1T123 here his intro isn't actually in English.

His videos are pretty horrible though.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:14 PM Edited by Raavi, 24 March 2014 - 11:23 PM.

"Don't know what to do with your life? No talent, no career prospects, about to be kicked out of your mom's basement? START A YOUZTUBEZ GAMING CHANNEL!"

Don't get me wrong, there are some high-quality GTA V videos out there. But the majority of content that's sh*t out by videogame tubeyoubers every single day has the entertainment value of watching paint dry, and less production value than an elementary school film project. That they even make a single cent off of their amalgamations of horsesh*t is a bloody disgrace.

• universetwisters, ryan_J, Acetaminophen and 6 others like this

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

witcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:34 PM Edited by D3ADSH0T, 24 March 2014 - 11:36 PM.

They see how popular GTA V vids are now. So they constantly put out vids to get the views and that way they are making money out of GTA V. That's y everyone's doing it all of a sudden.
NEW GLITCH!!
UNLIMITED RP!!
INFINITE MONEY$$$!!
Pathetic...
  • adictoGTA likes this

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:51 PM

What's worse is that many of these video titles are MISLEADING. How many times have you clicked on a video that turned out to be nothing but spam? Youtube is going after people for copyright infringement, but they allow people to post fraudulent videos designed to get you to watch something you never intended to waste your time on.

• universetwisters, word is bond, Acetaminophen and 2 others like this

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

kickin' the gong around

• Members
  • Aruba

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:03 AM Edited by gtaxpert, 25 March 2014 - 12:32 AM.

The one thing that surprises me is how they have 5,000+ subscribers when all they do is just film themselves playing video games and spewing out some useless hack about "swag".

Because they make fake tags. It's pretty embarrassing how little they know about cars.

"This is the Overlord Entity XF"  *Walks around Monroe* "Looks like a Corvette" Surano "reminds me of a BMW"... Doesn't even know most other cars. Tells you can't modify the protagonists cars... Complete idiot.

• adictoGTA likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

PROFESSIONAL IV FANBOY & SH*TPOSTER

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:32 AM

LIKE COMMENT FAVORITE SUBSCRIBE LIKE COMMENT FAVORITE SUBSCRIBE LIKE COMMENT FAVORITE LIKE COMMENT FAVORITE SUBSCRIBE LIKE COMMENT FAVORITE SUBSCRIBE LIKE COMMENT FAVORITE SUBSCRIBE LIKE COMMENT FAVORITE SUBSCRIBE LIKE COMMENT FAVORITE SUBSCRIBE BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO GET A JOB LIKE COMMENT FAVORITE SUBSCRIBE LIKE COMMENT FAVORITE SUBSCRIBE LIKE COMMENT FAVORITE SUBSCRIBE LIKE COMMENT FAVORITE SUBSCRIBE..... Sub4sub
  • Tikhung likes this

Average white guy
  • Average white guy

Story Mode Fanatic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:03 AM

The usual crap you hear in a GTA V video: "This is my Bugatti Adder it cost 1 MILLION dollas I bought it from the catalog oh here is my ...it looks like a Mercedes ...I think hold on let me get out and check... oh it's a Cheval Fugitive. Remember to smack that like button and Subscribe for more bullsh*t content!!!

• Eutyphro, adictoGTA and Wylight like this

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:11 AM

Even worse is that they are f*cking amateurs I cant stand looking at people who are so bad in gaming and don't understand sheit how it works. So yes, I never watch dem youtube game channels

Don't smash your keyboard.

• Niobium likes this

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:28 AM

^^LOL. They didn't even TRY. What a waste.

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homeboy

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:37 AM

What i really dislike is when they call the ingame cars by their real life counterparts names, for example: 'how to get the bugatti' or 'check out my fully pimped corvette' and such. So casual and annoying :p
  • adictoGTA and Average white guy like this

Loxley
  • Loxley

This member is no longer active.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:39 AM

It effects all of us! This is out community GTA is my #1 video game series. If these videos keep going like this, this once fantastic community no matter how opinionated people can be in it will become nothing more then a COD Bro kid/laughing stock to the gaming community. GTA has never been as big as it is right now and I don't want what happened to COD to happen to my favorite series in all media. 

That's why it matters to me. 

GTA has always been popular, I don't see the correlation between people making plastic videos about GTA and it turning into COD. Could you please elaborate more on your point?

Its not GTA turning into COD. Its the fanbase of GTA turning into the fanbase of COD. Which is the one if not the least respected group in gaming. If you don't understand how this will effect you or us in the long run then I don't know what to tell you. Maybe someone else can explain it better. 

GTA already has the rep of kids playing it, ever since GTA III really. So, you're fighting an already lost battle there bud. You're taking this sh*t way too seriously.

"Don't know what to do with your life? No talent, no career prospects, about to be kicked out of your mom's basement? START A YOUZTUBEZ GAMING CHANNEL!"

Don't get me wrong, there are some high-quality GTA V videos out there. But the majority of content that's sh*t out by videogame tubeyoubers every single day has the entertainment value of watching paint dry, and less production value than an elementary school film project. That they even make a single cent off of their amalgamations of horsesh*t is a bloody disgrace.

Don't blame them, blame the idiots that lap that sh*t up like mother's milk. There are plenty of idiots out there ready to be taken advantage of! Social Darwinism at its finest!

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I'm on Decadence and Demerol

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

@Loxley I still don't think you understand what i'm saying. All you seem to do it want to argue with people. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

What's worse is that many of these video titles are MISLEADING. How many times have you clicked on a video that turned out to be nothing but spam? Youtube is going after people for copyright infringement, but they allow people to post fraudulent videos designed to get you to watch something you never intended to waste your time on.

I remember that happened to me once. Youtube tried to take a video I made with a clip from "New Kids" down, even though the original one and at least 40 others are readily available on youtube. Good thing it's still up.

Spoiler

Speaking of which, didn't Rockstar take down GTA IV mission videos after IV came out that featured the mission's cutscenes?

• adictoGTA likes this

Strength
  • Strength

Sugar Tits

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

Speaking of which, didn't Rockstar take down GTA IV mission videos after IV came out that featured the mission's cutscenes?

They probably did. I think as long as videos does not contain spoilers (like for story and cut-scenes) it's all good and does not violate the YT rights.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

They probably did. I think as long as videos does not contain spoilers (like for story and cut-scenes) it's all good and does not violate the YT rights.

I think Youtube should focus more on taking down "click here to watch a full movie for free" schmuck bait videos as opposed to parodies or what you brought up.

As tyrannical as it sounds, though, I wish youtube could take down those GTA Milker videos. Like you know how they have a way to detect copyright videos/music the very second after you upload it? They should make something up like that for those horsef*ckers. They think they're the next Spielberg just because they have a f*cking camera and fifteen minutes of fame.

• adictoGTA likes this

Strength
  • Strength

Sugar Tits

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:31 PM Edited by Strength, 25 March 2014 - 04:18 PM.

I think Youtube should focus more on taking down "click here to watch a full movie for free" schmuck bait videos as opposed to parodies or what you brought up.

As tyrannical as it sounds, though, I wish youtube could take down those GTA Milker videos. Like you know how they have a way to detect copyright videos/music the very second after you upload it? They should make something up like that for those horsef*ckers. They think they're the next Spielberg just because they have a f*cking camera and fifteen minutes of fame.

Yes I get a lot of copyright detections too due to radio stations of GTA V radio music playing during my videos. Which I don't get  since as I know, R* has licence for the complete soundtrack and each song?

I have to agree with you on the most parts. I would rather see some quality (GTA, machinimas) videos in which you can see effort, dedication and talent, then a half assed videos where people scream, laugh like the are retarded and fail hard at the game. Where is the talent, where are the skills? Most important, where is that interesting part? I'm still waiting...

I've been doing GTA related (mostly machinimas since GTA III or music videos) videos for almost a decade now and I was always aiming for the quality, that were recognized and appreciated by a small base of GTA fans. Just like with my new series of Epic 5 Stars Survival, where I'm trying to show something special to people that can help them not just to improve in the game, then maybe to see the game differently (from my perspective) and implement some parts into your own fun.

As I can see, people embrace more of quantity over quality this days, and praise the people (as I like to call them, falls idols) that does not have a clue about dedication, talent, effort and amount of time you need to spend to create something special from the things you love and cherish. Well I am just glad I am not a part of this new generation of leeches, who offers you nothing special, but takes a lot. For starters, your time and good will. As you fellow gamers, I don't like it one bit.

• adictoGTA likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

I have to agree with you on the most parts. I would rather see some quality (GTA, machinimas) videos in which you can see effort, dedication and talent, then a half assed videos where people scream, laugh like the are retarded and fail hard at the game. Where is the talent, where are the skills? Most important, where is that interesting part? I'm still waiting... This generation is going straight

Exactly! The problem nowadays is that everyone tries to be like the other guy. Coming across originality on youtube is somewhere between nil and slim. Take some of the videos I make for example. How many "New Kids" parodies do you see on Youtube? Exactly. If I had to chose between being an unpopular dude that makes original stuff or a popular guy who's halfway through his 15 minutes of fame, I'll pick the former.

• adictoGTA and GTA564 like this

K.Walters
  • K.Walters

Keep calm and facepalm

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:02 PM Edited by Zoidbergs_LV, 25 March 2014 - 04:02 PM.

There are 3 GTA Youtubers I subscribe to: GTAmissions, Olli43 and Gitchy123.

GTAmissions always posts videos that I love to watch, Olli43 does the same, but Gitchy... well... not so much, he also posts glitch/exploit videos in which I`m not interested, so I`ll probably unsub soon.

• adictoGTA likes this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

كساااد

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:17 PM

the only good one is Dat Saintfan. he shows you some SINGLE PLAYER funny glitches, some great (non-glitched) Online tips and etc.

the best thing he did was starting the vehicle color-choosing series. combining different Metallic colors with other Pearls. damn dat sh*t is awesome. he also talks about DLCs in some videos and let people discuss about them.

unlike another one who shows OBVIOUS LIES.....

(if you believed this sh*t, then you have some mental problems.)

just to know that he's a major troll. F-16 (maybe, not sure) DOESN'T have flares. even if it did have, it detach from the body, not the wing- the F-14 has flares that detach from the wings. also, the flares' color is WHITE.while the flares in the video are *Cough Cough* yellow.

JIMBOTHY is a fail troll.

Strength
  • Strength

Sugar Tits

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:27 PM Edited by Strength, 25 March 2014 - 04:35 PM.

I have to agree with you on the most parts. I would rather see some quality (GTA, machinimas) videos in which you can see effort, dedication and talent, then a half assed videos where people scream, laugh like the are retarded and fail hard at the game. Where is the talent, where are the skills? Most important, where is that interesting part? I'm still waiting... This generation is going straight

Exactly! The problem nowadays is that everyone tries to be like the other guy. Coming across originality on youtube is somewhere between nil and slim. Take some of the videos I make for example. How many "New Kids" parodies do you see on Youtube? Exactly. If I had to chose between being an unpopular dude that makes original stuff or a popular guy who's halfway through his 15 minutes of fame, I'll pick the former.

Seen it. Well I am not into the "New Kids" (but on your recomendation I could actually give it a try), but I am sure that you implemented something new and creative into the genre and for instance, you invested your will, time and effort to learn how to edit the right parts and put everything together to look more then decent and watchable for the masses. You made it original. And that's a shame that people talk about the subject (that famous ˝YT stars˝who make half assed video exploits the entertainement and people to the fullest with obviously nothing special, but they still follow them, watch and support their videos! Mentality of the sheeps?), but nobody recognize and appreciate the small things and dedication of us small timers.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

Seen it. Well I am not into the "New Kids" (but on your recomendation I could actually give it a try), but I am sure that you implemented something new and creative into the genre and for instance, you invested your will, time and effort to learn how to edit the right parts and put everything together to look more then decent and watchable for the masses. You made it original. And that's a shame that people talk about the subject (that famous ˝YT stars˝who make half assed video exploits the entertainement and people to the fullest with obviously nothing special, but they still follow them, watch and support their videos! Mentality of the sheeps?), but nobody recognize and appreciate the small things and dedication of us small timers.

I guess it just alludes to the common practice of making money off people. Seeing as people seem to be getting stupider every year, they're more than willing to subscribe to these Milkers and give their money to them. But of course, all that does is give you your 15 minutes of fame. Pretty soon, people will stop watching your videos when they realize that at least 60 other people are doing the same thing, and they'll move onto something else, preferably underneath a moving locomotive.

What's bugging the hell out of me though is that there's actually tutorials on how to make a gamer channel.

WillyDope
  • WillyDope

Neighborhood Dope Man

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

If the people are doing something interesting in the video, be it stunts, easter eggs and whatnot, I'm all for it. I just dont understand "Let's Play" videos. For one, the constant talking and overreacting to events annoys me, nobody talks like that when playing and I find it generally awkward and forced, even from youtube "celebs".

It also reminds me of going round to a friend's house as a kid to play the original GTA when he first got it. He would constantly play it saying "you can do this, and this and oooooh! look at that! Oh yeah, check this out!" and I'd have to sit watching saying "yeah cool, can I have a go now?"

However, you seem awfully anoyed at these videos. My advice would to be to simply not watch them.

For me atleast the "Let's Play" videos are great if for whatever reason I cant play said game thats being played, also good for older games that came out years ago that I never got to play.  I like to watch to get the story of the game

thehambone
  • thehambone

Get Get Get Get Got Got Got Got

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:35 PM

Heard a new one today: 

"WHY DON'T YOU GO AHEAD AND FINGERf*ck THAT LIKE BUTTON"

Goddamn I hate these videos.

• adictoGTA and ten-a-penny like this

Wylight
  • Wylight

GTA4Life!

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:04 PM Edited by Skizzo45, 25 March 2014 - 07:02 PM.

Am I the only person around here who is sick and tired of these crappy youtubers milking GTA V to the bone. It reminds me of all those dumb COD youtubers. They make the videos to get famous not because they actually like the series, 90% of them don't even know jack crap about past games let alone stuff from V and they almost consistently steal info and things that were discovered on these forums as things they or a "friend" happened to find at the same time we did. It makes me so p*ssed off, they are like leaches when the next big thing comes the will jump ship from GTA to that. How can people watch these guys and not see how absolutely fake they are. 

rant over. 

Don't even get me started on the f*cking youtubers that hyped the hell out of this game with their fake specualtive crap. They always cry and beg for likes

The usual crap you hear in a GTA V video: "This is my Bugatti Adder it cost 1 MILLION dollas I bought it from the catalog oh here is my ...it looks like a Mercedes ...I think hold on let me get out and check... oh it's a Cheval Fugitive. Remember to smack that like button and Subscribe for more bullsh*t content!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself

• adictoGTA likes this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

"Like for Chop!"

"Like or be unliked."

"Like if you like GTA V."

I hate these BS videos. Most of them are misleading anyway.

• Bonnano likes this

Average white guy
  • Average white guy

Story Mode Fanatic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:04 PM Edited by TheGreenSadler, 25 March 2014 - 08:05 PM.

"Like for Chop!"

"Like or be unliked."

"Leave a Like If you have a large penis and or like long walks on the beach"

It's amazing how people fall for that sh*t.

• adictoGTA, ten-a-penny and Detective Phelps like this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:11 PM

"Like for Chop!"

"Like or be unliked."

"Leave a Like If you have a large penis and or like long walks on the beach"

It's amazing how people fall for that sh*t.

They would say anything to get a like. :lol:

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Patient 223

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:29 PM

I feel like dropping the link to this thread on every heyGUYS-GTAbro video on youtube.

I accept my mission

• ten-a-penny and Average white guy like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users