Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is it true that people who use Auto-Shotguns are near skill-less?

335 replies to this topic
Dottie
  • Dottie

Crusher of hopes and dreams

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:38 PM

How bout all of you stfu and use Melee weapons
#hammerFTW
#kashkardz
#66+million

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

How about you please stay the f*ck away from the Content Creator with that attitude. f*ck all those f*cking melee maps. Completely stupid. 

• vipprimo likes this

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

Congratulations on 9 pages of bullsh*t whining.
We really got to the root of the issue here.

Auto-shotguns BAD.
OP is GOOD.

Success and hand job's all around.

What!! your moms handing out freebies now, why wasn't I informed earlier
No ones asking you to be here, so why just simply not look

Dottie
  • Dottie

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:42 PM Edited by Winning001, 24 March 2014 - 04:42 PM.

How about you please stay the f*ck away from the Content Creator with that attitude. f*ck all those f*cking melee maps. Completely stupid.
plot twist. I do not use content creator
#fail

slowburn29
  • slowburn29

Significantly more hydrated than you

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

i cuddle op against his will

Dottie
  • Dottie

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

i cuddle op against his will

with an auto shotgun of course

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:48 PM Edited by TheMckeever, 24 March 2014 - 04:49 PM.

Melee deathmatches are only useful to see how bad everybodys Ping/Lag is.

But I will say to anybody who plays 'ems constantly that you certainly are a very skilled player indeed(sarcasm), hitting circle/B so many times in such a short space of time makes you such a pro(heavy sarcasm). But seriously to all those that only play melee DMs - Away and play Tekken or Soul Caliber you button bashing basterds

• Black Rabbit likes this

Evictious
  • Evictious

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:50 PM

Personally I think the Auto-Shotgun works as intended.

I had the opportunity to watch a demonstration of a 12-gauge fully/semi automatic shotgun called Jackhammer.  This thing never saw full production, and there is a good reason why.  It's classified as a machine gun in the US, making it illegal to own without proper licences.  Watching this thing be fired is truly a disturbing sight.  The 10-round cylinder of 12-gauge shells can be emptied in less than 90 seconds, the resulting damage to an unarmored vehicle was impressive.  Sadly no photography was allowed at the demonstration I was at.

The big issue is the lack of even remotely realistic recoil and the over accurate effect of the Auto-shotgun in GTA.  The guy using the Jackhammer at the demonstration said it was difficult to fire the weapon on full auto without proper support, and even then it was more spray and pray than aim and fire.

Sounds about right mate, the bigger the bang the more recoil your gonna get, least rockstar could do is improve the realism with this gun, all the rest seem spot-on for realism, cept this one it has virtually no recoil whatsoever. In short this guy is telling you that GTAs version of the Jackhammer is UNREALISTIC, it might as well shoot sticky green goo.

The AP Pistol seems a bit extreme as well.  I have fired a full auto pistol and I was less than impressed with how it worked.  Best used when "the target is in that general area".  Like most full auto weapons it has a tendency to carry up and right (for a right handed shooter).  Firing in more than a burst is a waste of ammo.  Full-auto is more for suppression fire than targeted fire.  But it's a game barley based on reality.

Dottie
  • Dottie

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:51 PM Edited by Winning001, 24 March 2014 - 04:52 PM.

Personally I think the Auto-Shotgun works as intended.

I had the opportunity to watch a demonstration of a 12-gauge fully/semi automatic shotgun called Jackhammer.  This thing never saw full production, and there is a good reason why.  It's classified as a machine gun in the US, making it illegal to own without proper licences.  Watching this thing be fired is truly a disturbing sight.  The 10-round cylinder of 12-gauge shells can be emptied in less than 90 seconds, the resulting damage to an unarmored vehicle was impressive.  Sadly no photography was allowed at the demonstration I was at.

The big issue is the lack of even remotely realistic recoil and the over accurate effect of the Auto-shotgun in GTA.  The guy using the Jackhammer at the demonstration said it was difficult to fire the weapon on full auto without proper support, and even then it was more spray and pray than aim and fire.

Sounds about right mate, the bigger the bang the more recoil your gonna get, least rockstar could do is improve the realism with this gun, all the rest seem spot-on for realism, cept this one it has virtually no recoil whatsoever. In short this guy is telling you that GTAs version of the Jackhammer is UNREALISTIC, it might as well shoot sticky green goo.
The AP Pistol seems a bit extreme as well.  I have fired a full auto pistol and I was less than impressed with how it worked.  Best used when "the target is in that general area".  Like most full auto weapons it has a tendency to carry up and right (for a right handed shooter).  Firing in more than a burst is a waste of ammo.  Full-auto is more for suppression fire than targeted fire.  But it's a game barley based on reality.
exactly

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

While I completely disagree with this thread, OP and everything it stands for, I'm suprised this forum hasn't tried naming a balanced and competitive weapon pool and gametype. I really could care less for competitive envirioments and MLG gametypes but I do support different feeling gametypes.

When I am making a deathmatch and I am aiming for a balance feel I use:

Forced+Pickups

Forced: Pistol

Common: Pistol, Health, Micro-SMG, Melee Weapons, Molotovs

Uncommon: Sawed Shotgun, SMG, Heavy Pistol, Combat Pistol, Grenade, Armor

Power Weapons: AP Pistol, Assault Shotgun, Grenade Launcher, Sticky Grenade

Common weapons are usually in safe areas and near spawns, around 10 to 15 in the map.

Uncommon weapons are in slightly open areas, Not very close to spawns and having some risk to them. Around 5 to 10 in the map.

Power Weapons are usually in the very middle of the map, where all the chaos happens. Usually the most important spot in the game for the most important weapon. Only 1 or 2 on the map.

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

we r in daynga ov bing shwomped by muslims™

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

OP is a fool for making this very pointless thread. 10 pages... inb4 the padlock.

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

While I completely disagree with this thread, OP and everything it stands for, I'm suprised this forum hasn't tried naming a balanced and competitive weapon pool and gametype. I really could care less for competitive envirioments and MLG gametypes but I do support different feeling gametypes.

When I am making a deathmatch and I am aiming for a balance feel I use:

Forced+Pickups

Forced: Pistol

Common: Pistol, Health, Micro-SMG, Melee Weapons, Molotovs

Uncommon: Sawed Shotgun, SMG, Heavy Pistol, Combat Pistol, Grenade, Armor

Power Weapons: AP Pistol, Assault Shotgun, Grenade Launcher, Sticky Grenade

Common weapons are usually in safe areas and near spawns, around 10 to 15 in the map.

Uncommon weapons are in slightly open areas, Not very close to spawns and having some risk to them. Around 5 to 10 in the map.

Power Weapons are usually in the very middle of the map, where all the chaos happens. Usually the most important spot in the game for the most important weapon. Only 1 or 2 on the map.

Can't place Heavy Pistols or Tommy Guns within creator for some reason.

Hopefully when it gets out of beta.

I like your style with placing the heavy stuff in dangerouse spots. fair play to ya

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:04 PM Edited by TheMckeever, 24 March 2014 - 06:35 PM.

OP is a fool for making this very pointless thread. 10 pages... inb4 the padlock.

Nobody forces you to keep reading it amigo.

Ain't pointless either I've actully found a (very)few good shooters through this thread, but as I said people that are lacking skill are quick to call it pointless/boring/untrue.

Ain't you the person asking for my KDR expecting it to be crap, then when I posted it you never replied, did you think I was just crap at shooting in general or what.....

sig.png

Is it a coincedince that the very few people that agree with me, can handle all the other guns well and rarely equip the said shottie in question

spectre89
  • spectre89

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:10 PM

At least they're intelligent enough to use one of the best weapons.

Kalel 813
  • Kalel 813

Last Son of Krypton

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

If you took away the auto shotty, people like me would just use the regularly shotty or the AP Pistol 100% of the time. It's really not that big of a deal, it's not like the auto shotgun kills effectively from stupid ranges or fires frag rounds like in BF3. Get over it, yo.

Also answering your own thread is not a good way to start a discussion.  

Ahhhhh. BF3 USAS with frag rounds. Love that weapon!!!!

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

If you took away the auto shotty, people like me would just use the regularly shotty or the AP Pistol 100% of the time. It's really not that big of a deal, it's not like the auto shotgun kills effectively from stupid ranges or fires frag rounds like in BF3. Get over it, yo.

Also answering your own thread is not a good way to start a discussion.  

Ahhhhh. BF3 USAS with frag rounds. Love that weapon!!!!

Lol of course you do. Of 170,000 kills in BF3, 133 with that noob cannon. Laaaaame.

Cinobite
  • Cinobite

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

I guess it depends what you mean. 
I can't hit sh*t with a shotgun and the spray area is tiny :p I use my handgun more than anything, a carbine and some nades if things get out of control and there's vehicles involved

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:31 PM Edited by TheMckeever, 24 March 2014 - 06:30 PM.

Yes true but I would argue that it's more satisfying and skillful to get those well timed rolling-pistol-headsots, intelligence is needed to do stuff like that not just copy the 11yr olds and put the best on, sometimes less is more.

Who's the more skilled player in these scenarios:

1. An auto-shotgun user blowing away somebody at close range

2. A pistol user getting a precise headshot on somebody carrying an auto-shotgun

Go ahead and tell me that the sky ain't blue.

I guess it depends what you mean. 
I can't hit sh*t with a shotgun and the spray area is tiny :p I use my handgun more than anything, a carbine and some nades if things get out of control and there's vehicles involved

Nice one mate, good weapon choices if you ask me

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

Forced+Pickups = Skillful Players

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Godfather

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:36 PM Edited by tenpennyisplainevil, 24 March 2014 - 07:37 PM.

I dropped mine after I killed one with it. It's OP and I hate how it ruins the fun of the shotguns. Takes no skill whatsoever

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:53 PM Edited by Gregers08, 24 March 2014 - 08:54 PM.

Auto shotgun is overpowered it's even worse than the one in TBOGT which I thought was bad enough. What makes it worse is that you can buy an extended clip for it which gives way too much ammo. If they got rid of the option to give it a silencer, an extended clip and dialed the range down then it would be much fairer.

I honestly think the game was at it's most fun during the first few weeks when people didn't know what were the overpowered weapons to exploit and people actually joined all types of jobs instead of the high paying ones since they cared more about having fun than virtual money, but then again I guess that's the same for most multiplayer games.

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Godfather

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:55 PM

Auto shotgun is overpowered it's even worse than the one in TBOGT which I thought was bad enough. What makes it worse is that you can buy an extended clip for it which gives way too much ammo. If they got rid of the option to give it a silencer, an extended clip and dialed the range down then it would be much fairer.

I honestly think the game was at it's most fun during the first few weeks when people didn't know what were the overpowered weapons to exploit and people actually joined all types of jobs instead of the high paying ones since they cared more about having fun than virtual money, but then again I guess that's the same for most multiplayer games.

Agreed, I remember having pistol and pump shotgun fights with players when the game had just released. Good times that'll probably never return.

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

Agreed, I remember having pistol and pump shotgun fights with players when the game had just released. Good times that'll probably never return.

If you guys are on PS3 add me most my DMs that I play are pistols and shotties minus the auto-shotty. We can relive the good ol' days over and over.

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:31 PM

If you guys are on PS3 add me most my DMs that I play are pistols and shotties minus the auto-shotty. We can relive the good ol' days over and over.

Sorry sold my GTAV+PS3 months ago, if GTAV ever comes to PS4 I'll definitely like to play a few games with you guys.

Luvythicus
  • Luvythicus

Pugman Luvy

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:36 PM

I feel like I'm pretty skilled. Not really top of the leaderboards but I can handle myself. Not really gonna go "HURR K/D SCORES BRAH" and I don't care if you think you're better than me. With that said, THE f*ckING AUTO SHOTGUN IS SO MUCH FUN. I love it. I don't really use it on other players much, though. 99% of the time, I'm in invite-only servers. Soooooo... Yeah. It's not because I can kill other players quickly. I personally just love it because it pumps 32 rounds or so of pure death into police cars! :p

KingJohn
  • KingJohn

♛♔♚♕♛♔♚♕

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

It's not like auto-shotguns are super overpowered or anything. They suck at range, so unless you're dumb enough to get super close to another player out-side of cover you don't really have much to worry about.

• Mr. Crowley likes this

spectre89
  • spectre89

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

Yes true but I would argue that it's more satisfying and skillful to get those well timed rolling-pistol-headsots, intelligence is needed to do stuff like that not just copy the 11yr olds and put the best on, sometimes less is more.

Who's the more skilled player in these scenarios:

1. An auto-shotgun user blowing away somebody at close range
2. A pistol user getting a precise headshot on somebody carrying an auto-shotgun

Go ahead and tell me that the sky ain't blue.

The winner.

LeoV
  • LeoV

The Invincible R.E.G.I.S Mark V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:05 PM

When in CQC yes I switch the assault shotgun. Why wouldn't I? Part of having skill is using the right weapon for the right occasion. For example if some idiots in a helicopter are coming after me? Damn right I'm gonna minigun them out of the sky. Sure I could use the sniper, but it's funner to use the minigun.
Oh and yes funner is a word. MY WORD.

True mate. My gripes more with sh*tbags in DMs who can only use heavy artillery and can't use all the other weapons, not really bothered about people in freemode using it. Even I am not stupid enough to run up to tanks/helis with a SNS

Lol for some reason since patch 1.07 I can't do well at all in DM so I don't play them lol.

WTFThisIsntWii
  • WTFThisIsntWii

Twerk Team

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:19 AM

I don't really like the combat shotgun in-game or in real life. I normally stick to my good old assualt rifle, good for both close and long range. Shotguns are only good for breaching doors.

Shotguns are good for so much more than opening doors....

Not from a military standpoint I don't go hunting or target shooting. It's got less range and during combat your enemies are at all different distances. To be fair if you are close enough to use a shotgun you probably messed up. During training we were always taught to create distance as it gives us an advantage, we are trained to shoot at long distances whilst most of the time the enemy aren't as accurate. But if we get too close any fool can hit a target with a bit of luck and repetition. A shotgun is really only good when clearing the interior of compounds as it's tight and close.

Dottie
  • Dottie

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:53 AM

I don't really like the combat shotgun in-game or in real life. I normally stick to my good old assualt rifle, good for both close and long range. Shotguns are only good for breaching doors.

Shotguns are good for so much more than opening doors....

Not from a military standpoint I don't go hunting or target shooting. It's got less range and during combat your enemies are at all different distances. To be fair if you are close enough to use a shotgun you probably messed up. During training we were always taught to create distance as it gives us an advantage, we are trained to shoot at long distances whilst most of the time the enemy aren't as accurate. But if we get too close any fool can hit a target with a bit of luck and repetition. A shotgun is really only good when clearing the interior of compounds as it's tight and close.

This is going way off topic. This is a video game. just play it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users