The World Domination Game

320 replies to this topic
ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:01 AM

OMFG. This is waaay more popular than I expected. And seeing as I am not going to be near to a computer for the next week, I need help. Can someone get me a updated map and a updated country list pronto. Oh, and whatever list the country's are in is the order for turns. Thanks. 

Popular but imperfect. We can deal with maps and what not but you need to get your sh*t together in regards to rules, costs and so on.

Carmain2K
  • Carmain2K

Journalist in Training

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:09 AM

Any suggestions? I want this to develop as a group thing, so knowing what people want is key. 

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:11 AM Edited by Mr Oraange, 24 March 2014 - 12:14 AM.

Any suggestions? I want this to develop as a group thing, so knowing what people want is key.

Simply look over previous posts.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:15 AM

Yeah look back at the suggestions made, things need to be made simpler but still fun and complicated in its own way. 

Carmain2K
  • Carmain2K

Journalist in Training

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:18 AM

So, people don't like the map. Understandable, it can get confusing. And they want me 'booted out' or a new thread created. Understandable. I am all for the person in charge of the first post to change, because I am very busy and this is very popular.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:24 AM

I'm going to start work on V2 of my original thread. If this kicks off before then, great but I'll start work anyway.

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:37 AM

So, people don't like the map. Understandable, it can get confusing. And they want me 'booted out' or a new thread created. Understandable. I am all for the person in charge of the first post to change, because I am very busy and this is very popular.

It's not so confusing as it is hard to manage. As others suggested, simply scrap the ideas of expansion and instead replace them with a more detailed and in-depth stats system.

Carmain2K
  • Carmain2K

Journalist in Training

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:41 AM

Okay. Ryan, go for it. This is very hard to manage. The thread that inspired this (on a different website) has one person posting every 3 hours. Here, every ten minutes. Sorry for any inconvenience I have caused.

• ryan_J likes this

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:43 AM Edited by Rainbow Party, 24 March 2014 - 12:54 AM.

I would like to ask you guys to reconsider my suggestion if you don't mind :p here

That was simply what I thought this game was gonna be like when I first saw the post before reading the rules in depth.

But what turned out to be more complex seemed like it could be really cool too obs.

What I suggest could work the same way as Ryan_J's game in the sense of copying the list of countries with stats on every turn. Alliances can be made at any time to aid each other, or attack a common enemy or whatever. New players can simply make a new country and join at any time.

And @Carmain, no need to apologize! on the contrary, your thread was clearly enjoyed by us, the idea is neat.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:07 AM

Okay. Ryan, go for it. This is very hard to manage. The thread that inspired this (on a different website) has one person posting every 3 hours. Here, every ten minutes. Sorry for any inconvenience I have caused.

This is the most active thread in general chat in which th majority of people are getting along. You've managed to do something that almost every other thread has failed at, so you can congratulate yourself for that.

Anyway I would prefer this style of game with a more active OP, but people can do whatever. Maybe I'll make a thread copying this game tomorrow. Probably not.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340, ryan_J, I<3GTAV and 4 others like this

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:14 AM

This is the most active thread in general chat in which th majority of people are getting along. You've managed to do something that almost every other thread has failed at, so you can congratulate yourself for that.

Anyway I would prefer this style of game with a more active OP, but people can do whatever. Maybe I'll make a thread copying this game tomorrow. Probably not.

Indeed, a great game at heart just a little mislead (I don't even think that's the right word for it) 

Carmain2K
  • Carmain2K

Journalist in Training

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:20 AM

Well anyone can take hold of the 'baton'. I was actually dreading looking at the forums today as I sort of knew how popular this thread had become in a hour. But, I am only 13 and I do not have the time to organise something like this. Goodnight.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:09 AM

I will update the maps to keep them on track, if I can do it once every, say... one or two days? I like the idea of visualizing the countries on the maps, it'd be a shame to seem them get binned.

KD himan
  • KD himan

The Electro AfghaN™

• BUSTED!
  • Vietnam

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:51 AM Edited by KD himan, 24 March 2014 - 03:18 AM.

So request Again,

Country Name - Republic Of Barrackpore.

King - Garbrahm Kahn.

Capital - Harbor City ( Gabrahmabad ).

Population - 3,500,000

Funds - £250,000

Range of MAX. Troops - 50,000

Map - Click Here

Color - CYAN ( East West Asia ). Japan Sea.

Flag - n1ypm0.jpg

I hope now i can play this game :)

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:15 PM

So... Are we going to continue? Is anyone going to make another thread with different rules?

THE GHETTO JEZUS
  • THE GHETTO JEZUS

Tape Is Love, Tape Is Life

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:17 PM

I forgot about this game and idk should we just restart all over again since some members that were here are now banned ?

Carmain2K
  • Carmain2K

Journalist in Training

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:58 PM

So... Are we going to continue? Is anyone going to make another thread with different rules?

Yeah, someone else is making a new thread. Not sure who... 

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:02 PM

I'm going to start work on V2 of my original thread. If this kicks off before then, great but I'll start work anyway.

Are you going to make a V2 thread?

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:47 PM

I don't have the effort to be the op, but I might help refining what the rules are via pm to a person who wants to be op.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:31 AM

Me and rainbow party devised a whole new game together via PM and pretty much perfected the rules before he turned into an asshole and got banned, I'll send you the rules and if you like it I'll create it.

• Shah Sam and THE GHETTO JEZUS like this

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:39 AM

Me and rainbow party devised a whole new game together via PM and pretty much perfected the rules before he turned into an asshole and got banned, I'll send you the rules and if you like it I'll create it.

Ok. :^:

• ryan_J likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users