Photo

Why complain?

39 replies to this topic
Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• England

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:56 PM

Yes and no. It really depends how much liberty Rockstar has. I`ll elaborate:

Back in the day, Bioware started working on SWTOR before they were bought by EA. Even after they were bought, they still had 100% autonomy, in terms of what they want to do with their game ( http://www.escapistm...reative-Control ) . It was only when the game failed really hard that they started to go into full "EA Mode", with pretty much going full blown microtransactions.

So, the billion dollar question is: Is this slap in the face worth of missing content Rockstar`s, or TT`s decision, at the 6 months mark?

Yeah, that makes sense and obviously it can depend on a lot of factors, but there is still a difference between developer and publisher that I think a lot of people miss. It's pretty clear, in my opinion, that Rockstar has full liberty where game development is concerned. What we play is what comes out of the imaginations and visions of the dev team based in Scotland and the Houser's writing. However, everything extra we see as fans; the marketing, the Newsire, the fan events, the variety of paid DLC or free DLC, the community events, the cashcards, all of this comes out of New York. I don't mean that in an attack against them, as I'm fully behind them and will always support this series. However, they aren't the only fish in the sea now; we have a new generation of technology and a plethora of other games coming that are open world, as well as games with amazingly told stories. No doubt they are pioneers in the gaming industry and have been smart thus far since they haven't gone the route of releasing annually, but they have to ensure that this continues into the future, and that can come down to money alone in my opinion. That is why I believe it is Take Two that has their hand in that jar, even if it's Rockstar that opens the lid.

• Phyxsius- likes this

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

Nothing is worst than forum snitches and grammar nazi's

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:05 PM

Rock star is a sh*tty greedy company, and I won't be playing the next dumbass GTA if it is Tue same as 5.

How dare they have the audacity to try and make a profit on something they spent five years and untold millions of dollars producing.

If you think R* is greedy i cant wait until you move out into thee real world and see how greedy the electric company is. Those bastards expect money every month and if i dont pay they turn off my lights.
  • Raylion likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:06 PM

Let`s hope Take Two won`t turn into EA, then, by making games specifically for microtransactions.

• Kirsty likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:40 PM

I don't complain about anything IRL...just go to the next best competitor.

HopalongCasidy
  • HopalongCasidy

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:20 AM

I think many of the haters are plants, or just trolling. If gtav and gtao did not exceed expectations, your expectations were probably unreasonable.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:33 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 23 March 2014 - 12:34 AM.

I think many of the haters are plants, or just trolling. If gtav and gtao did not exceed expectations, your expectations were probably unreasonable.

I expected what Rockstar`s PR pretended it will be: "the revolutionary new open world online game" ( http://www.rockstarg...-available.html ). The wording, the trailer and the general idea was that it will be close to an MMO. That was what I expected, not GTA 4 with missions.

The only unreasonable thing was me buying into all their bullsh*t and expecting more than what they did 5 years ago. Sure, it`s a great piece of software, but, past all the graphical razzle dazzle, there is NOTHING revolutionary.

Legit Complainer
  • Legit Complainer

is a tool

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:38 AM

i know right? how foolish of people like me to expect a fun and stable online experience that actually works properly, along with the heists actually being included right away on day one. the joke's on us lol. i could also say a ton about the single player, but i'll just leave it at that. 

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:47 AM

If Ghandi ever had the opportunity to read some of the moaning threads on here created by some, i'm sure he would reply in a similar manner.......

"Christ, after 10 minutes of reading the verbal equivalent of nails down a blackboard, even i wanted to clump one of the c***s"

HopalongCasidy
  • HopalongCasidy

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:06 AM Edited by HopalongCasidy, 23 March 2014 - 01:07 AM.

just quit, guys. Might want to give up the forum dedicated to the game, too.

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:07 AM

Why make threads about complainers, just going to attract more complaining.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users