Quantcast

» «
Photo

What game was the first to actual introduce Auto-Aiming?

70 replies to this topic
Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:58 PM Edited by Fireman, 24 March 2014 - 10:59 PM.

Almost every combat flight simulator also has a lock-on for missiles (and usually more).

The earliest one of those seems to be

F-15_Strike_Eagle_ZX_Spectrum.png

Blood, you understand what first means right? There is no argument. There's first and then there's EVERYTHING AFTER THAT.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:27 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 24 March 2014 - 11:28 PM.

@Fireman
True...but i didnt say GTA3 was the first,plus i think i just remembered playing shoot the duck game (whatever it called) when i was like 5 years old and it had auto-aiming,what a great childhood lol but like i said comments ago alot of games had Auto-Aiming (lock-on system) prior to GTA3,BF and CoD but entering the 21st century those were the 3 games that probably refined it (I COULD BE WRONG) plus GTA3 (2001) was the first or one of the first Openworld Game with Auto-Aiming.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:44 PM

@ bloodisindiamond

The nes duck hunt had auto aim ?( or you used controller , no gun ). Gta is prolly 1 of the first openworld games  so then the auto aim part is logic, like saying it was first openworld game with sniper rifle and locked of area's. Defined auto aim? they just want to sell more games so need make game that evry1 can make a kill, on console its who press L1 and R1 fastest win. That gameplay belongs more in a mario party game as in a fps/tps. I never seen problem ( online ), ye you slow aim that suck but evry1 has that problem so why need aim assist ?. In singleplayer i dont care.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:56 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 25 March 2014 - 12:04 AM.

@Aintgottime2bleed
i cant remember whether it was duck hunt (lol i was so young) but my first console was Sega Megadrive and a duck hunt type game it was great and yeah it had Auto-Aim,You make the Dog lure the birds then you shoot-em with a lock-on,it was fun.Yeah GTA was the First Openworld Game franchise with Auto-Aim that why GTA5 had an option for either "Traditional GTA or Free Aim"because it been part of GTA for 13 years (circa.2001).

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:29 AM

@ bloodisindiamond

The nes duck hunt had auto aim ?( or you used controller , no gun ). Gta is prolly 1 of the first openworld games  so then the auto aim part is logic, like saying it was first openworld game with sniper rifle and locked of area's. Defined auto aim? they just want to sell more games so need make game that evry1 can make a kill, on console its who press L1 and R1 fastest win. That gameplay belongs more in a mario party game as in a fps/tps. I never seen problem ( online ), ye you slow aim that suck but evry1 has that problem so why need aim assist ?. In singleplayer i dont care.

GTA is definitely NOT one of the first open world games. 

The Legend Of Zelda would probably be one of the first open world games. 

And like I said on the front page, GTA 3 is not one of the first games to have auto aim either. It doesn't matter what refined what. It's still auto aim in the end, and any game in 2000 and up didn't have it first.

End of.

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

That guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:00 AM Edited by Terrato137, 25 March 2014 - 01:01 AM.

In Wolfenstein 3D, I think the last lvl let you dual weild the chain guns or w/e they were called. Could be wrong since my memory is from a long ass time ago.

And btw, are we talking aim bot auto aim, or soft lock auto aim?

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:57 AM

@ bloodisindiamond

And like I said on the front page, GTA 3 is not one of the first games to have auto aim either. It doesn't matter what refined what. It's still auto aim in the end, and any game in 2000 and up didn't have it first.

End of.

Depends what context, with open world i think like real life ( cars, shooting etc. ), then driver 1 and 2 are open world games too but there so limited like zelda is. Try go your own way in zelda owh wait u need key, its liniaer with lil open world. Then pokemon red/blue openworld games too.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

@ bloodisindiamond

End of.

I think he's saying GTA 3 was the first 3D open world game, so he is actually right. 3 Dimensional, not in general.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

Rock solid 100% lock-on aimbot auto-aim.

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

That guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:00 AM

Rock solid 100% lock-on aimbot auto-aim.

Oh, then if that's the case, I think the only game i've played that had full 100% lock-on was After Burner for Sega Genesis. Pretty sure that's not the earliest one though.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:15 AM

I remember playing flight simulators in the eighties, and they did have auto aiming for the missiles.

-so auto aiming has been around at least 30 years!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users