OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:22 AM

I'm looking foward to it on release. I tried to keep my game updated but it seems my download is corrupt and I need to redownload the 20gb install witch I haven't had time to do.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:49 AM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 29 January 2015 - 10:20 PM.

Update 1/29/15

• Minor changes to Test Schedule. Planetside and FPS/Ship boarding module should be here by Q2 2015. Around March or April.
  • Updated funding status
  • Replaced the Mustang commercial for the Arena Commander 1.0 trailer at the bottom of the OP

Here's a demo of  upcoming features at a recent live event

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpink 2018

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster in Music 2017
    Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:38 AM Edited by Mister Pink, 29 January 2015 - 08:55 AM.

This looks great. I love all the vehicle and spacecraft designs. They seem almost real, based on familiar earthly designs unlike Halo where the design just looks over-the-top and less purposeful. 

Wow Nyx looks cool. 

Is there any chance this will make it on the XB1?

• RyanBurnsRed likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:20 PM

I don't think so. There's a chance Elite: Dangerous will make it to Xbox One, but not Star Citizen.

• Mister Pink likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:37 PM

March 7th is CIG's PAX East demonstration!

If any of you guys plan on going to Boston for it then chances are you'll get to play a demo of the FPS module (which will be released to backers 2-3 weeks after PAX East).

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:38 AM

I'm starting to get fed up with this title, elite dangerous has come out already and the star citizen guys haven't even got a single player campaign out yet. They are to obsessed with these bloody modules it doesn't seem like they are getting anywhere with the game itself. With the level of funding these devs have now you would have thought they would be passed the prototype stages now.
  • El Dildo likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:06 AM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 25 March 2015 - 07:03 AM.

[redacted] 

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:03 AM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 25 March 2015 - 09:02 AM.

Update 3/25/15

• Updated funding status
  • Added Arena Commander 1.1 with new logo and part of the patch notes. Full list here
  • Added Retaliator image at the end of the OP
  • New date approximations

900x900px-LL-7d556c98_tE4iXb3.jpeg

Arena Commander 1.1 brings a ton of updates. You'll have to reinstall all 24GB when updating, however this will be the last time you'll have to reinstall everything due to a new patch. With version 1.1 Star Citizen moves from pre-alpha to alpha and also from 32-bit to 64-bit. More updates in the PAX East presentation below.

Donniebrasco92
  • Donniebrasco92

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Italy

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:28 AM

we are next to fps module

El Dildo
  • El Dildo

"The Dildo" ™

• BUSTED!
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:25 AM Edited by El Diablo, 03 April 2015 - 03:33 AM.

I'm starting to get fed up with this title, elite dangerous has come out already and the star citizen guys haven't even got a single player campaign out yet. They are to obsessed with these bloody modules it doesn't seem like they are getting anywhere with the game itself. With the level of funding these devs have now you would have thought they would be passed the prototype stages now.

the industry is starting to come around with you.

there are people spending thousands of dollars on Star Citizen and they literally have nothing to show for it. and they might not for months or another year or longer.

http://www.wired.com...alf-built-game/

I finally bit the bullet and purchased a lifetime pass for Elite: Dangerous last year.

had been following both of these games for awhile but sometime last Summer it became painfully evident that only one of these 2 projects was serious about getting off the ground. ED has been awesome so far and I'm really glad I didn't keep waiting. SC looks awesome but the developers are more interested in their own press and hype (and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) than in finishing what they started.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2017
    Best Poster in Gaming 2017
    Best Topic 2017 [Microtransactions]
    Most Helpful Member 2017
    Most Helpful GTA Member 2017
    Campaign Poster Winner 2017
    Best Certified Crew 2017 [The Daily Globe]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:10 PM

Interactive cargo!

El Dildo
  • El Dildo

"The Dildo" ™

• BUSTED!
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:33 PM

wow you can knock over a coffee mug and pick your nose.

wake me up when they actually finish the combat and space flight modules.

I think this lack of focus is what turned off a lot of people (like myself) who used to be really into Star Citizen but have since switched to Elite: Dangerous. I wish people would give me millions of dollars for not actually churning out a finished product after YEARS. that's quite a nice scam they've got going....

Coin
  • Coin

Feroci

• BUSTED!
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:12 AM

It's been a while since I've bothered to keep up to date with this, so I went to scope out the site and they've now raised over 80 million dollars from crowd funding...

Madness.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:16 AM

Whoa! Activity in my Star Citizen thread? I must be dreaming! Wait...never mind, it's just you guys pissing on the game.

Not that I'm particularly surprised. Development does seem slow, but at least they're adding stuff to the game as they should. It'll get there one day. Someday.

Spoiler

• RedDagger likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2017
    Most Helpful Member 2017
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:03 PM

Well, I'm glad a game is adding in details for stuff like this. It's a common complaint that current big-budget games care only about the boom boom pew pew shiny shiny, and this is meant to be able to be played by people who don't want to fight at all; plus, like they said, it makes cargo some tangible physical load you're carrying instead of something you dragged from one menu inventory to another menu inventory. Interactivity is something a lot of games seem to miss, and it's things like this that make a game for me.

• RyanBurnsRed likes this

El Dildo
  • El Dildo

"The Dildo" ™

• BUSTED!
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:49 PM

trust me.

I want to believe that they'll finish this game, too.

but I've also stopped holding my breath.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2017
    Most Helpful Member 2017
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:56 PM

Yeah, I can't ignore that, at this point you can barely trust the year they've set for the release date.

The only thing making me more hopeful for this than other projects is that they release stuff fairly frequently, including the way they're releasing modules of the game at a time (well, meant to be, I think they've just done arena commander at the moment). Even then, we know that projects can just dry up and disappear against all odds no matter the size, so I'll believe it when I have it!

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:08 PM

I was pretty pissed that they didn't deliver the FPS module any time this month like they said they were going to, but then someone reminded me that the move to 64-bit screwed up the multiplayer functionality, which it did. So I have to give it to them just this one time. 

It seems that they've fixed it so I'm hoping this means more content in the coming weeks. No way they'll be able to stay true to that roadmap from SXSW.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2017
    Most Helpful Member 2017
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 08 August 2015 - 12:05 PM

• El Dildo likes this

Candy_Licker
  • Candy_Licker

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:26 PM Edited by Candy_Licker, 08 August 2015 - 06:32 PM.

the industry is starting to come around with you.

there are people spending thousands of dollars on Star Citizen and they literally have nothing to show for it. and they might not for months or another year or longer.

http://www.wired.com...alf-built-game/

I finally bit the bullet and purchased a lifetime pass for Elite: Dangerous last year.

had been following both of these games for awhile but sometime last Summer it became painfully evident that only one of these 2 projects was serious about getting off the ground. ED has been awesome so far and I'm really glad I didn't keep waiting. SC looks awesome but the developers are more interested in their own press and hype (and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) than in finishing what they started.

A little bit impatient are we? Great things always need time, why keep people thinking that massive games can be finished in a year if you throw enough money at it? It was pretty clear from day 1 that this would take its time. Even though they might be late with every module, it wasn't ever to be finished before 2016. Especially since they built up their company in 2012.

Yeah their extensive fundraising campaign with overambitious stretch goals has blown this project up, but still I think CIG knows what they're doing.

What does ED have with their early release? A boring, lifeless universe whose gameplay consists of endless grinding. To be fair Braben never had the ressources, but Roberts does the right thing by taking the necessary time. It's a priviligue that he can afford it, while the rest of the studios are on  tight schedules, pushed by greedy publishers who are afraid to take ANY risk. The result is that we get only get unfinished crap games without any creativity and innovation.

SC is THE one exception, a chance to get a truely great and innovative AAA game without the big publishers ruining it. The only other exception is the Witcher 3.

SC might become the biggest fail in gaming history, but it's worth the gamble. It could restore a bit of faith in the gaming industry which I've lost in the last few years.

The thing is, I won't even play this when it gets released eventually, because I won't have the NASA computer it requires by then. I can imagine as a backer you might get a bit nervous, but none of them can complain that it's not ready yet.

• El Dildo likes this

El Dildo
  • El Dildo

"The Dildo" ™

• BUSTED!
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:37 PM

I want Star Citizen to be great.

it's not impatience. it's just total confusion.

they have the biggest budget around and the most gorgeous looking assets... and they can't seem to get it off the ground.

there's no reason they couldn't have been a lot further along in terms of content release. didn't they actually begin funding before Elite: Dangerous but E:D still found its way to a stable public release months ago. SC appears to be content with sitting back and collecting the student aid without any intention of ever actually graduating. I understand that great things take time but sh/t dude, we're about to start playing No Man's Sky (which is arguably much more epic than Star Citizen) which has a fraction of the employees or cash on hand that SC does.

I just don't get what's taking so long. it's not worth it.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

Factually correct

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:53 PM

They need someone to light a fire under their asses.
  • El Dildo likes this

Candy_Licker
  • Candy_Licker

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:47 PM

I want Star Citizen to be great.

it's not impatience. it's just total confusion.

they have the biggest budget around and the most gorgeous looking assets... and they can't seem to get it off the ground.

there's no reason they couldn't have been a lot further along in terms of content release. didn't they actually begin funding before Elite: Dangerous but E:D still found its way to a stable public release months ago. SC appears to be content with sitting back and collecting the student aid without any intention of ever actually graduating. I understand that great things take time but sh/t dude, we're about to start playing No Man's Sky (which is arguably much more epic than Star Citizen) which has a fraction of the employees or cash on hand that SC does.

I just don't get what's taking so long. it's not worth it.

1. Who are you to judge that they should be much further in development? GTA V was what? 5 years in development and they didn't have to create a xompany from scratch. People only think they don't get their act together because their model required them to reach out to the public before the deveopment even staarted, while most other big games are kept secret until they are nearly completed.

2. They  release extensive status updates every month where you can read that they are not sitting around twisting their thumbs.

3. Again, it's somewhat irrelevant how much budget they have, money can't replace time. They certainly have a big team now to make the necessary progress.

4. If you really think No Man's Sky will be more "epic" than SC I really doubt your sanity. What does that game even have or what do we even know about that game? They were suddenly the hottest topic at the E3, but they only had their much hyped procedural world, but apparently no idea what to do with it. Pretty similar to ED, giant world but but small game. No story, no unique experience, just an infinite amount of boring planets who are basicially all the same and completely random. After a few hours, you've seen it all. And what's left then? Nothing. It just has exploration, but with a procedural world, it will wear off very fast. The comic graphics and their space/planet transitions are nice though. No Man's Sky is one of the most overhyped gsmes ver.

El Dildo
  • El Dildo

"The Dildo" ™

• BUSTED!
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 08 August 2015 - 10:58 PM

yeah well I've said my piece.

only time will tell now.

meanwhile I'm happily playing E:D and can't wait to try No Man's.

SC no longer has anything unique going for it.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:07 PM Edited by OysterBarron, 16 August 2015 - 07:26 PM.

Tbh I feel a bit better after seeing that game play especially the live version and not the press version. Gives us a really good idea of what to expect. But I would still like to get my hands on that large world demo to see for myself.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:40 AM Edited by RyanBurnsRed, 29 August 2015 - 07:48 AM.

Star Citizen Alpha 1.2 has released, and with it comes the Social Module.

At the moment there's not much to do in it other than well...socialize with other players and do a bit of exploring.

Link to complete change log: https://robertsspace...itizen-Alpha-12

For those that don't have access to the game you can just search for videos of it on Youtube.

Next on the list is the long awaited FPS module in the next couple of months. 

Link to latest Star Marine (FPS module) update: https://robertsspace...e-Status-Update

• RedDagger likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:44 PM

Just watched their CitizenCon presentation on Twitch. They showed a lot of stuff. I was mostly watching but managed to PrintScreen some stuff I thought was interesting during.

Sorry for some of the white borders on many of them. I quickly screencapped and cropped as it went on. Pretty ghetto but hey, I think some of these look amazing. Next time I'll fullscreen to avoid this lol.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• RedDagger likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2017
    Most Helpful Member 2017
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:48 PM

Watched the livestream, looked pretty good although definitely rough around the edges - still impressive though!

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 10 October 2015 - 10:35 PM

They added the star map to the website: https://robertsspace...ies.com/starmapPretty cool.

Another new thing they added was a pre-order for the game which is basically buying a ship package: https://robertsspace...ron-42-Preorder

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:10 PM Edited by OysterBarron, 11 October 2015 - 01:10 PM.

Hell yerp can't wait! Get your comp finished Ryan for 2.0.........

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users