Star Citizen

317 replies to this topic
deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 01 April 2018 - 03:07 PM Edited by deadx23, 01 April 2018 - 05:04 PM.

^^my PC is not that great just to give you an idea,
[ Rizen 7 1700,16gb ddr4,hdd,Radeon r9 380 4gb]:lol:

E:Ok I played it with high settings it lagged alot lol so I lowered them and it was way better.

I also want to say there's an egghunt today :panic: if you have Twitter you can follow star citizen and they are showing in game locations,all you have to do is take a screenshot of your character in front of the location and be first to reply in the Twitter post and win (you could win a ship "Vulcan") next one is at 9:00 am pdt and every 3 hours from that time intill 9:00pm tonight :)

Check out @RobertsSpaceInds Tweet: https://twitter.com/...4055085056?s=09

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2018 - 12:36 PM

Will this game see the light of day? What is the current state of things? What can you do right now? Missions etc?

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

That's a pretty weird and disgusting idea big guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:55 PM

Will this game see the light of day? What is the current state of things? What can you do right now? Missions etc?

It hasn't really shown any signs of stopping as people keep pouring more money into this project. It'll probably take several years still before we see a finished version tho.

Right now you can fly ships, do some missions, deliver cargo, kill AI pilots, explore several moons, fight other players in ship combat and FPS combat, team up with your friends to pilot a large ship, buy weapons and armor with money you've earned from doing missions and such etc.

I wouldn't recommend hopping in now tho, because the game is in a very buggy state. Even if you have a good PC, you'll likely have to deal with frame rates around 20 or lower and there's also frequent crashes and many gameplay aspects that just haven't been refined yet.

Hopefully tho the game will be at a much better state by the end of this year. They are developing some big inprovements to the game's infrastructure that should fix a lot of the things causing bad performance right now.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:26 PM

Not really been following this game or checking this thread, i watched this:

Last night and I'm pretty blown away to be honest, plus the stuff he's saying they're going to add sounds insane, mad detail and thought going into this.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:46 PM

That city planet is scheduled to come out near the end of the year(although knowing their history there's a good change it'll get delayed). The scale and level of detail in this game is definitely impressive. But right now I'm more eagerly waiting for them to make it a more stable and fun game to actually play.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:33 PM

I'm looking forward to the AI crowd system they were talking about, sounds like the streets will be as packed as the old Assassins Creed games when all is done, plus he said a passing statement saying hopefully in the future the AI will be even more "self aware"... So wtf, does that mean they're clued up on spatial awareness so they don't collide and go through obstacles and others NPC's? Or does it mean they're trying to act convincing and know when they're doing something ridiculous?

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:12 PM Edited by Richard Power Colt, 10 April 2018 - 08:16 PM.

They have this fancy term for the AI that they're developing: "AI subsumption". I don't remember what it really means beyond that supposedly the NPCs are gonna have daily schedules and stuff.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:24 PM

Ahh ok, sounds good. Hopefully this actually happens, i swear they said this about GTA 4 or 5 before it was released.

• deadx23 likes this

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:01 AM Edited by deadx23, 14 April 2018 - 02:06 AM.

SMfiGXV.png
April 13 - April 16

Just use promo code: GETINTOTHEVERSE

You will be able to use 3 ships and the cyclone seen in the pic, current backers can access the ships and vehicle in the same time frame using the same code.

If you'd like to try it for free make an account and and hit the link :)

https://robertsspace...-Free-Fly-Event

Also update 3.1.2 is live I haven't found the patch notes but they added persistence on ship logged out so I haven't tried yet but if you logged out in bed (I don't know how yet) you will spawn where you left off /aslo on crash) they also did multiple build test on the ptu (5 in the last couple of days turns out they wanted it running better for free fly weekend)

Oh and if any new members LOOK AT MY SIG :D

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Free fly week is extended for 2 more days (today and tomorrow) is the last day.
I don't know why but I bought another ship, I wasn't even drunk this time.
Spoiler

Random pics
Spoiler

On Friday and Saturday it was crashing alot so I stayed away,on Sunday and yesterday i played for like 2-3 hours and I logged out so much better.

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

After seeing the post regarding the Free Fly Event I decided to check out the game for the first time. However, the link took me to a page in which I was asked to read the Privacy Policy, which changed my mind in a hurry.

It amazes me that people allow companies to get away with this bullmanure.

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

^^ sorry to hear that,

I read the privacy policy (first time :lol: ) looks pretty standard nothing seamed wrong to me.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

After seeing the post regarding the Free Fly Event I decided to check out the game for the first time. However, the link took me to a page in which I was asked to read the Privacy Policy, which changed my mind in a hurry.

It amazes me that people allow companies to get away with this bullmanure.

What exactly put you off? Would be good to know what kind of policies they have.

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Here is the policy link

https://robertsspace...ies.com/privacy

They are numbered just in case dryspace would like to share his/her concerns :)

Dryspace
  • Dryspace

The Infinitely Prolonged

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I didn't know whether the policy was abnormal or not. I freely admit that I don't read every policy I encounter. I'm hoping that I did overreact, though, because I would like to check out the game.

One of the things I disliked most of all I believe I was mistaken about--that all information, in-game and on the website, is given to Google Analytics. I still don't like the idea of a company helping to make Google ever more powerful, nor do I think that my purchases are any of Google's business.

While on the subject, there is one aspect that I don't understand, though: The claim that the company is "obliged by applicable law to identify our commercial customers" and "prohibited by law from providing you with commercial services without collecting such information".

Clearly a company must abide by law, but I have never known of an obligation in any U.S. state of a business to collect personal information by which to identify each of its customers. Transaction information for tax purposes, yes, but not personal information. If I make an online purchase I will enter personal info, but I neither elect nor expect that the information is saved.

• deadx23 likes this

Candy_Licker
  • Candy_Licker

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Candy_Licker, 4 weeks ago.

I didn't know whether the policy was abnormal or not. I freely admit that I don't read every policy I encounter. I'm hoping that I did overreact, though, because I would like to check out the game.

One of the things I disliked most of all I believe I was mistaken about--that all information, in-game and on the website, is given to Google Analytics. I still don't like the idea of a company helping to make Google ever more powerful, nor do I think that my purchases are any of Google's business.

While on the subject, there is one aspect that I don't understand, though: The claim that the company is "obliged by applicable law to identify our commercial customers" and "prohibited by law from providing you with commercial services without collecting such information".

Clearly a company must abide by law, but I have never known of an obligation in any U.S. state of a business to collect personal information by which to identify each of its customers. Transaction information for tax purposes, yes, but not personal information. If I make an online purchase I will enter personal info, but I neither elect nor expect that the information is saved.

Do you use Anti-Tracker / Script Blocker? If not, it doesn't matter anymore. Google, Facebock etc are on nearly every website (this very forum has google-analytics, quantservice, Facebook, doubleclick.net) amongst others.

So, if you don't use anti-Software, you'd have to avoid this forum as well if you don't want to give google more data.

• Richard Power Colt, deadx23 and Dryspace like this

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by deadx23, 3 weeks ago.

On SC news;

Even though they are working on the next push for content (3.2), there's a team still pushing bug fixes and the current ptu is 3.1.4b that is open to all backers.

Currently they are working with the "gravlev" feature for the bikes (it's not working as it should, uncontrollable) ,also they are making updates on their ifcs

Cyclone
Spoiler

Also I was able to make a video :happy: see the current state of the stability of the game. I was just testing the bikes on damar.
:p

Edit;

Update 3.1.4c ptu is released :)
https://robertsspace...761-patch-notes

And for those of you who are in the verse there is a screenshot contest "Intel Optane SSD 900p Giveaway -" this week Scenic Vista Screenshots

https://robertsspace...d-2-scenic-vist

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Pretty neat timelapse:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users