315 replies to this topic
Presidential
  • Presidential

lol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:25 AM

I'd get into it... If it ever came out.

Seems like we're getting further away from it the closer we get to it.

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:13 PM

I'd get into it... If it ever came out.

Well that's true of any good game

Seems like we're getting further away from it the closer we get to it.

What do you mean? Have you heard something that changed the game completely or you mean too many features that pushes the game out to a later date?

After these 4 years of production they just finished most tools to make the universe.
3.0 is a test bed that they are just putting together, a mock up to see how will they set up a pipeline for Galaxy creation.in the system Stanton that 3.0-3.1 is on I forget what planet but it's not supposed to be there I think is ark corp or hurston but it's just to run them in engine.i believe we will start to see more/faster progress when they get 3.0 down.this game is still being develop it takes good amount of years to complete and we wouldn't hear anything of any other game being develop intill the last year so it seams long but in the development world it's actually in good standing.imo

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:12 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...off-a-ign-first

:O can't wait what they say on tomorrows stream :panic:

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

That's a pretty weird and disgusting idea big guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:38 PM Edited by Richard Power Colt, 20 December 2017 - 07:40 PM.

I don't really like the voice over when choosing the dialogue options, it sounds kinda awkward. Other than that this brief clip looks quite promising. The dialogue is a little cheesy imo, but it's already giving me that sci-fi adventure vibe that I think people want from this game.

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:50 PM Edited by deadx23, 22 December 2017 - 03:52 PM.

3.0 Ptu is open to all backer's! :panic:

https://robertsspace...ll-backers-test

Now their are some things that helped me out that I found out.

So first if you install the new launcher you will not be able to play 2.6 live, it will detect the old launcher and delete it.

When you copy your account to the ptu you will get a temporary password that is different to your main one but you can change it (just for ptu)

Everytime 3.0 gets an update I recommend you re-copy your account to the ptu cause sometimes if you just start it like that you will mostly get a no doors on ship bug also you have to delete user folder in main directory.

Stations will be laggy so if you can wait for a better experience you should wait until a live alpha release.(the more memory ram you have the less lagg you'll experience)

Most ships are available to test.

Key button "h" is to get out of bed/ship

See you in the verse :)

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:03 AM

I love how each release that gets touted comes with a laundry list of one-more-things that aren't so good.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:52 AM Edited by Richard Power Colt, 27 December 2017 - 07:02 PM.

So apparently 3.0 is already going live, a lot sooner than people expected:
http://mailchi.mp/cl...69?e=96e436dfaa

People on Reddit are saying that the current build still has bad performance, but supposedly hardly anyone even plays the previous version anymore so they might as well push it to live and continue patching that. I just hope it doesn't give people a really bad impression of the game.

Also here's the Squadron 42 demo:

Definitely still needs a lot of polish, but this was probably the closest thing to a finished product we've seen from the game. I was especially impressed by the quality of characters' faces and their animations. Outside of the NPC interaction, much of the demo was just stuff we've already seen before, but it does a good job of showing how you can seamlessly just move around this big universe and participate in different types of gameplay.

• RyanBurnsRed and deadx23 like this

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2017 - 02:40 PM Edited by deadx23, 27 December 2017 - 02:42 PM.

Was in the verse yesterday.i was having connecting problems but I realized I had to install a new launcher and that fixed the problem. It's more stable I didn't even crash this time there is still lagg spikes but not as bad as it was on the ptu it is a improvement.i used the flight stick I bought and it's awesome to use I could fly close to the ground now with out over shooting it/crashing horribly with the mouse.

I went to yela moon
Spoiler

Didn't do much though found a station but got killed by some random.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:41 AM

I've had a few crashes but other than that had some pretty smooth gameplay. Been running trading trips from port olisor to one of the planet's. Had to work my way up from 1 unit after accidentally losing all my cargo I brought with all my money. Had to do some little missions to get the bank back up to 300 then started trading again. Can't wait until you get the ability to move cargo.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2017 - 06:23 PM

I kinda wanna play more of 3.0, but the bad performance is pretty demotivating. The first server I joined into with a friend was hitting frame rates below 10 quite often. Supposedly the actions of other players in a server are what mainly tank the performance even if they're not close to you so you can usually get better frames in a smaller server. 

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:45 AM

Hey if you're in the verse don't change suit's there is a bug that turns you into a small ball and you can't enter ships,breath in space, open doors and it's persistent no work around, I haven't encountered it cause I haven't fiddled with it but don't use it for now.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:39 AM

Anyone up for adding each other up on SC?
  • RyanBurnsRed likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:46 AM

Sure! My name is RyanBurnsRed

• OysterBarron likes this

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:11 AM

Lol added you up bro hopefully hop on with ya at some point.
  • RyanBurnsRed likes this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:13 PM

I've been playing it for the past few days and am having fun. Couple nights ago it started crashing a lot though. Not sure why.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:21 PM

Yeah it certainly isn't without it's issues!

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:36 PM Edited by deadx23, 22 January 2018 - 10:47 PM.

Feel free to add me I'm deadx23 :p I expect to have a Connie next month (multi crew ship) I'll also loan my ships out :)

This month ship for subscribers is the Retaliator
Spoiler

Took random pics :)
Spoiler
  • OysterBarron likes this

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:27 AM

Cool will add you up when I'm next On! Love the retaliator had such a good multicrew experience in on of those going around with all turrets occupied blowing the crap outta connies was really fun. I've a Connie all ready and a freelancer so got plenty of seats spare lol.
  • deadx23 likes this

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:24 AM

So they updated the main website and released a new road map

https://robertsspace.../1-Star-Citizen

It's good to see they are focusing now on some gameplay elements

I'm really looking forward to this feature It is a big feature that drew me to star citizen scheduled for 2nd quarter
dA3ldgD.png

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2018 - 09:00 AM

3.2 seems hugely ambitious on the gameplay side of things. I bet like half of those features won't be ready in time.

I really hope that 3.1 delivers on the optimization side. I've barely played 3.0 at all, because the frame-rate is so god-awful.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:38 AM

At this point I would be happy if none of the gameplay features for 3.1 make it in apart from performance optimization a nice 60fps wouldn't go a miss.
  • jpm1 likes this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 31 January 2018 - 05:25 PM

CR just asked for a baking. i'm sure in his wildest dreams, he didn't expected what happened. if Lumb doesn't do the job, you're in for a couple of years more of waiting. because creating an open world game engine is not something easy to do. if Lumb doesn't work it'll be a kind of flipping of a coin. or they create a game engine, or the game dies

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:37 PM Edited by deadx23, 31 January 2018 - 10:30 PM.

CR just asked for a baking. i'm sure in his wildest dreams, he didn't expected what happened. if Lumb doesn't do the job, you're in for a couple of years more of waiting. because creating an open world game engine is not something easy to do. if Lumb doesn't work it'll be a kind of flipping of a coin. or they create a game engine, or the game dies

I assume lumb is lumberyard, so with 3.0 build that's actual proof that the engine is working and it's working well in lumberyard.i understand that it's a laggy mess right now and it actually improved than it was in the test universe but it's working.imo I think they got over the "the game might die" hurtle I don't think it could happen anymore.the only bad thing that could happen imo they can rush it if they ran out of money and would be less of the game they said it would be.it is hard to create an engine with the scope that sc is aiming for and for sure it will take a couple more years. they are getting closer now that they are focusing on gameplay elements, they built most of the tools needed but still need some more features to build out.i am enjoying the trip and love that we can interact with what they have now and what we will get in the near future :)

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:27 AM Edited by jpm1, 01 February 2018 - 02:29 AM.

i don't want to be pessimistic, but at this point i think it's impossible to say if Lumb (Lumberyard) will be able to do it, or not. as so far only 4 studios are using that engine. i hope it will work, for SC team ,all the bakers, and all the space sims lovers around. but 5 years and 100+ millions later, still no solid alpha.. maybe the game has been a bit too ambitious :bored:

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:10 PM Edited by deadx23, 05 February 2018 - 09:02 PM.

3.0.1 update is released to public pu

Spoiler

So it's a mixed experience some people say they got more fps but I still get alot of lagg however they did fix some bugs.its not a major update just some bug fixes.

Spoiler

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

3.1.0 is in the ptu, I got first wave invite.

So they are screwing with us :lol: the test part of ptu is really showing this time.
So when it went to ptu they released 2 patches on the second one it did not work well so they rolled it back one patch and alot of crashes came with it.but yesterday they re-release the second patch for a few hours to find the bugs causing the problems.they posted a message for us and they updated it.
Spoiler

It seams I do get higher fps but not by much but they recommend to use an SSD (it's in their minimum specs requirement) and I hear from other users that the load time is about 30 seconds and alot more fps, so I'm looking to upgrade my hdd.

I do like the limited character customisation feature but not many choices however this is the start of it and this is what I came up so far.
Spoiler

I'm loving the moon's they have improved the planet tech generation thingy
Spoiler

Some new ships made it to the verse they let us test it lol
Spoiler

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Richard Power Colt, 4 weeks ago.

I kinda lost some of my excitement for this patch after they delayed network bind culling which was supposed to be a big boost for performance. Apparently they said in a recent ATV that it wouldn't even do anything until they've added object container streaming which is scheduled for 3.3. I'm not asking for 60 fps yet since the game is still far from release, but at a somewhat stable 30 fps I'd be willing to start playing this game.

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Richard Power Colt, 4 weeks ago.

The new Reclaimer ship is god damn huge, here's a walkthrough of it:

The scale and level of detail is seriously impressive.

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by deadx23, 3 weeks ago.

*update 3.1.0 is live*

They really were working hard on this update I downloaded versions a-q, now live it is working way better than 3.0 I'd say i hit 20-30 fps (on my rig) I spent about 2+ hours earlier this morning on 1 session without crashing.

Patch notes;
Spoiler

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I might try it out, but my PC specs are lacking in some areas so I'm not incredibly hopeful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users