Quantcast

» «
Photo

Just went to replay max Payne 3 again ?and can't help but..

85 replies to this topic
DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Patient 223

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:41 PM

Put the conspiracy theories away and save your disappointment for real life matters. GTA is an open world game, it's gonna try to be a jack of all trades but it very likely be the master of none.

You tried to hard to sound intelligent and it ended up making no f*cking sense

I can't help it if something so simple and self explanatory goes over your head son.  :/

• shattered-minds and mastershake616 like this

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

I got Max Payne 3 on sale just now. I just completed 6 chapters but apparently you need a bunch of other DLC to finish it. And frankly, I would rather watch someone do their taxes for four hours rather than spend one more minute with Max "Nickelback" Payne. He never shuts up. He's like if jar jar binks was a manic depressive.

The shooting was fun, though. Frankly, if I had something that was just that, it wouldn't be so bad. If I didn't have to spend my time with Sir Osis of Liver, I probably would have downloaded the content necessary to finish the game.

you never played the old Max paynes? He's the same exact way, and wth you
Mean require dlc to finish the game? I don't even..

LA Noire is presented the same way digitally on 360, so I can vouch for him on that. And yes, the shooting in Max Payne was just a pure joy.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

Put the conspiracy theories away and save your disappointment for real life matters. GTA is an open world game, it's gonna try to be a jack of all trades but it very likely be the master of none.

You tried to hard to sound intelligent and it ended up making no f*cking sense

Try to do everything and you won't do anything particularly well. You can still do some things well, but they won't be as polished as they would have been if you had focused on them.

• DrAnomalous likes this

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:00 AM

Nothing more than reiteration here, but of course Max Payne 3 has better gunplay than GTA V. It's a shooter. The entirety of the gameplay is shooting. You shoot. In GTA V, you do more, no? 

The driving in Midnight Club: LA is better than the driving in GTA V. That's because Midnight Club: LA is a racing game. You race. In GTA V....you get where I'm going with this, thanks. 

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:03 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 27 March 2014 - 04:04 AM.

Nothing more than reiteration here, but of course Max Payne 3 has better gunplay than GTA V. It's a shooter. The entirety of the gameplay is shooting. You shoot. In GTA V, you do more, no? 

The driving in Midnight Club: LA is better than the driving in GTA V. That's because Midnight Club: LA is a racing game. You race. In GTA V....you get where I'm going with this, thanks. 

Lol Exactly :lol:

kj2022
  • kj2022

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:30 AM

Dude, the driving in Midnight Club LA sucks ass compared to V. The point is that the gun mechanics feel more natural in Max Payne, and more fun, and that should have been easily been translated to GTA V.

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

midnight club doesn't have better driving though

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ps3 has no games

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:20 PM

We'll be able to add the gore from MP3 to GTA V with the PC version. Hopefully the shoot-dodge mechanics too :)

Impossibru, we'd need new opcodes. Just saying, amigo.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:44 AM Edited by cp1dell, 28 March 2014 - 01:44 AM.

So f*cking what if there is more to do in GTA V? A large majority of missions, side activities, and side-missions involve shooting. The gunplay in GTA is a very large aspect, a very large aspect. Regardless if there are other features in the game you seriously can't say the shooting doesn't need to be as good as it was in MP3. It takes up a lot of the gameplay. Almost every mission has you shooting some goons.

Having other features in a game is no good reason to cut corners on another one.

• TheOtherRyan, Cutter De Blanc, coach_wargo and 1 other like this

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:20 AM Edited by Urban Legend, 28 March 2014 - 02:22 AM.

I like more so to shoot out their intestines and watch as they horrifically shove their entrails back into thier chest cavities.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:31 AM

So f*cking what if there is more to do in GTA V? A large majority of missions, side activities, and side-missions involve shooting. The gunplay in GTA is a very large aspect, a very large aspect. Regardless if there are other features in the game you seriously can't say the shooting doesn't need to be as good as it was in MP3. It takes up a lot of the gameplay. Almost every mission has you shooting some goons.

Having other features in a game is no good reason to cut corners on another one.

It's kind of funny when you think about it. Michael's ability is basically ripoff of bullet time. Sure the shooting is better than GTA IV (As it should be ), but it's disappointing it doesn't feel as intense and hard hitting as MP3 when it should have.

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

the night we called it a day

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:39 AM Edited by gtaxpert, 28 March 2014 - 06:40 AM.

It's kind of funny when you think about it. Michael's ability is basically ripoff of bullet time. Sure the shooting is better than GTA IV (As it should be ), but it's disappointing it doesn't feel as intense and hard hitting as MP3 when it should have.

better than GTA IV

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:47 AM

Credit is given when it's due.;)
  • Eutyphro and kj2022 like this

coach_wargo
  • coach_wargo

D1rty Rummy

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Snapmatic [Vehicle] 2013

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

RDR is an open world R* game and it has shoulder switch and crouching. The "it's GTA that's why it's not there" argument doesn't hold water.

It's GTA, the star franchise, it should be the very best that R* can do.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:23 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 28 March 2014 - 01:25 PM.

I know exactly what you mean and I agree completely

everything from the way you move and aim just feels so incredibly smooth

personally I don't care much for the gore as it's a small detail and I can see why they left it out of an open world game like gta 5 to focus on other things.

but the movement and aiming would have been perfect for gta 5

RDR is an open world R* game and it has shoulder switch and crouching. The "it's GTA that's why it's not there" argument doesn't hold water.

It's GTA, the star franchise, it should be the very best that R* can do.

there's open world and there's open world

you can't really compare a huge flat desert with a few coyotes and deer to a sprawling city filled to the brim with npc's and traffic.

gta 5 having to skip out on some of the graphical details makes sense

I mean it's not like you can say this game looks bad, definitely no worse than RDR

coach_wargo
  • coach_wargo

D1rty Rummy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

I was referring to the shooting mechanics. Graphically V is fine.

also If all you saw RDR was flat desert you may want to get past the first mission.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

I actually thought the gunplay and gore effects was done much better in GTA IV. I'll say why ;

* IV had much better gunshot sound effects than in GTA V. You could the pop and clatter of gunshot sounds crisp and clear in IV, compared to V's loud cap gun-sounding effects. 

* IV had much better selection of guns and they looked better too, especially with the pistols. IV had Glocks, which V does not have, for me personally that's a big thing. 

* The gunplay in IV just felt better.

• cp1dell likes this

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:25 PM Edited by one55, 28 March 2014 - 02:27 PM.

a shooting game with better gun mechanics...wow

• mastershake616 likes this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2014 - 08:55 PM

I actually thought the gunplay and gore effects was done much better in GTA IV. I'll say why ;

* IV had much better gunshot sound effects than in GTA V. You could the pop and clatter of gunshot sounds crisp and clear in IV, compared to V's loud cap gun-sounding effects. 

* IV had much better selection of guns and they looked better too, especially with the pistols. IV had Glocks, which V does not have, for me personally that's a big thing. 

I can agree with everything but the last point, unless I'm misunderstanding you. The controls and fake "run-and-gun" feel very similar to VC and SA. They're much better than IV, but not as good as MP3. Other than that, yeah, the guns in IV felt unique from each other. The guns in V just feel like basic reskins with small edits made to the stats - which is awful when you consider the weapons included in the GTA Online patches are exactly this.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:15 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 28 March 2014 - 09:15 PM.

I think the aiming was pure sh*t in IV, V's is much better. That was one of the deciders for me. It's more fluid and natural. But I agree that IV did have better selection of guns.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:49 PM Edited by Official General, 28 March 2014 - 10:51 PM.

I can agree with everything but the last point, unless I'm misunderstanding you. The controls and fake "run-and-gun" feel very similar to VC and SA. They're much better than IV, but not as good as MP3. Other than that, yeah, the guns in IV felt unique from each other. The guns in V just feel like basic reskins with small edits made to the stats - which is awful when you consider the weapons included in the GTA Online patches are exactly this.

I can't explain the last part properly. I don't know why, it just felt better in IV, maybe it was the better gunshot sounds and the fact that I was using Glocks and Uzi/SMGs. Who knows, just how I felt. 

The SMG in IV had a frightening sound, it sounded like rapid fire, bangin' thunder. Anytime an enemy gang member fired one at me, it sent me fleeing hard. 

coach_wargo
  • coach_wargo

D1rty Rummy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:14 PM

A fan boy recap:

It's ok for V to have inferior shooting mechanics because it's not a shooter.

It's ok for V to have inferior driving physics because it's not a racing game.

It's ok for V to have an inferior story because it's not a story driven game.

It's unfair of us to have high expectations from R* for anything other than the graphics and the size of the map.

Shiny > actual game play

• TheOtherRyan, Cutter De Blanc and Ermac like this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:10 AM

I can't explain the last part properly. I don't know why, it just felt better in IV, maybe it was the better gunshot sounds and the fact that I was using Glocks and Uzi/SMGs. Who knows, just how I felt. 

The SMG in IV had a frightening sound, it sounded like rapid fire, bangin' thunder. Anytime an enemy gang member fired one at me, it sent me fleeing hard. 

When you say the gunplay are you talking about the actual controls, or the gameplay concerning guns? Because I definitely agree with the latter. The effects, physics, peds reactions etc. in IV were a lot better. Whereas in V you just shoot people a few times and they're dead. It almost doesn't matter what gun you use, because everything is so fragile on foot that they all become the same thing.

• Cutter De Blanc and coach_wargo like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:49 AM

A bit like real life, it doesn't matter what gun you use, as long as you hit the fella you're aiming at.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:53 AM

A bit like real life, it doesn't matter what gun you use, as long as you hit the fella you're aiming at.

Still, it's not that great in a game. IV, RDR, and especially MP3 still had this realistic feel to it - but it was still nice shooting enemies. They had more health, but covering that up was the fact that the NPCs reacted to the gunshots. Like in IV they would limp or just writhe in pain on the ground. RDR you could shoot someone in the knee and they would drag their foot. Both knees they would kneel and wait for an execution. Blast someone in the stomach and they would crawl on the ground begging for mercy. MP3 where there were tons of animations and Euphoria "grabs" at wounds.

But GTA V? Two or three shots and they're dead. One or two shots and they're still alive? Nothing, they just keep on running or fighting. Knocked out or incapacitated? Doesn't exist in GTA V. They're always dead. Melee weapons aren't even fun to use since they're all one-hit-kill.

The combat and gunplay just isn't as fun as it was in IV, RDR, and MP3. It's there, but not as enjoyable.

• Cutter De Blanc, coach_wargo and chriiis125 like this

Nutsack McQueen
  • Nutsack McQueen

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:32 AM

The sound effects in IV were more memorable, but they sounded super unrealistic and quite frankly a little silly sometimes imo. Also I think the gunplay felt more clumsy in IV. But we have our opinions.

A fan boy recap:

It's ok for V to have inferior shooting mechanics because it's not a shooter.

It's ok for V to have inferior driving physics because it's not a racing game.

It's ok for V to have an inferior story because it's not a story driven game.

It's unfair of us to have high expectations from R* for anything other than the graphics and the size of the map.

Shiny > actual game play

I still think both shooting mechanics and driving are better in V than IV. The plot was a bit weak in V sure though I liked the characters. Imo V>IV mainly just, because of some of the mechanical improvements and,  because V just has a lot more stuff than IV.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users