Quantcast

» «
Photo

Just went to replay max Payne 3 again ?and can't help but..

85 replies to this topic
BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:46 PM Edited by BlackNoise, 22 March 2014 - 09:47 PM.

I also think part of it is the business aspect. They're probably producing another Max Payne game and they want that series to be their top of the line shooter. 

I dunno. I somehow doubt they're doing another Max Payne, since the story pretty much wrapped up at the end of 3, and I sadly, I didn't think the game sold well enough to even warrant another one. I remember reading something about how it didn't meet sales expectations.

One of the main reasons MP3 didn't do as well as R* hoped was because many people didn't like their direction. You might be right, but I wouldn't be surprised if R* released another Max Payne game for next gen and PC that felt more like it's roots. I like MP3, but I think R* went a little crazy with the Tony Scott stuff and I much rather have him back in New York. 

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:47 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 22 March 2014 - 09:51 PM.

@BlackNoise
I agree with all what you said except the words (quote) "GTA went soft" i dont agree with that and that
mission proved how GTA up the medium further and says "f*ck you" to the media and all the controversies
I think it was earlier this year and an IGN staff wrote a review about something similar,plus later on an IGN
community member included GTA 5 on his choosed article "Games that deal with Politics" i cant remember but it was almost like the title.Atleast GTA still Hookers and Strippers Interactivity for over 13 years and
GTA5 took the Strippers Interactivity to the next level so i dont think GTA went soft afterall the HD graphics of
IV and V are to be blamed (lol) and i think someone on the forum once said he have a bad feeling GTA6 will be
"SO CONTROVERSIAL"lol i hope not.

@Hazencoke
Yeah i also read that it was modified to fit with GTA and that was before GTA5 was released :).

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

I know what you mean OP, in Max Payne 3 the shooting all felt seaming-less and smooth.. then in V it somewhat felt a bit unresponsive and delayed

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

@Blood-Is-in-Diamond

I probably should've used different words than "they went soft", but I'm mainly talking about what we see in terms of blood and gore, not their decisions. I really just think it's a technical limitation, because they're clearly not scared to show us violent imagery.  

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:39 PM Edited by Racecarlock, 22 March 2014 - 11:41 PM.

I got Max Payne 3 on sale just now. I just completed 6 chapters but apparently you need a bunch of other DLC to finish it. And frankly, I would rather watch someone do their taxes for four hours rather than spend one more minute with Max "Nickelback" Payne. He never shuts up. He's like if jar jar binks was a manic depressive.

The shooting was fun, though. Frankly, if I had something that was just that, it wouldn't be so bad. If I didn't have to spend my time with Sir Osis of Liver, I probably would have downloaded the content necessary to finish the game.

NudasPriest
  • NudasPriest

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:39 AM

I got Max Payne 3 on sale just now. I just completed 6 chapters but apparently you need a bunch of other DLC to finish it. And frankly, I would rather watch someone do their taxes for four hours rather than spend one more minute with Max "Nickelback" Payne. He never shuts up. He's like if jar jar binks was a manic depressive.

The shooting was fun, though. Frankly, if I had something that was just that, it wouldn't be so bad. If I didn't have to spend my time with Sir Osis of Liver, I probably would have downloaded the content necessary to finish the game.

I don't know what you're talking about, if that's a troll post or what... Max Payne 3 does not require DLC to finish. All the DLC packs are for multiplayer, from what I remember. I beat it on Xbox 360 with no DLC installed, and picked it up on steam later on sale with all the DLC, and the story mode is seemingly identical. In other words, there isn't sh*t in the main story that's locked off by DLC, as far as I know.

OT: I honestly was hoping for shooting mechanics very similar to Max Payne 3 (shoulder switch, crouch, prone, 3D modeled wounds, etc). They are not as good, but in my opinion it's certainly miles better than GTA IV's shooting mechanics (we're talking comparison of free aim in both games). It took me a while to get used to the sensitivity and feel in a lot of Rockstar's games lately (RDR & MP3, GTA IV & V included). But it's not too hard to get used to. I haven't played any bit of GTA V or Online without free aim, and it never felt like it was overly punishing or unfair. A big part I think is just getting a feel for the many little quirks and things, "pro-tips", little known aspects of gameplay.

Like remember in GTA IV, the hospitals with interiors? The back hallway where I'm sure a lot of us remember holding out and shooting countless cops from. It had that thing (small table/tray or something) against one of the corners that would f*ck you up in the cover system if you tried to switch between the left side to the right.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:46 AM

I don't know what you're talking about, if that's a troll post or what... Max Payne 3 does not require DLC to finish. All the DLC packs are for multiplayer, from what I remember. I beat it on Xbox 360 with no DLC installed, and picked it up on steam later on sale with all the DLC, and the story mode is seemingly identical. In other words, there isn't sh*t in the main story that's locked off by DLC, as far as I know.

Well it's not Paid DLC or anything, it is in free content packs. I did get this as a digital copy. Did you get yours as a digital copy?

That said, I really don't want to spend more time with Depressio.

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:25 AM

you never played the old Max paynes? He's the same exact way, and wth you
Mean require dlc to finish the game? I don't even..

Kipsta
  • Kipsta

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:25 AM

My wish for GTA V was basically Max Payne 3's level of detail and gunplay mechanics in a huge open world

• coach_wargo likes this

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:28 AM

I actually just played MP3 for the first time a few days ago. Yes the gun play was much better but that's because gun play is the point in MP3. In GTA there's a lot more to it, gun play never was GTAs strong point.

• stjimmy3 likes this

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:49 AM

Are we comparing a linear 3rd person shooter devoted to just shooting to an open world game containing many mechanics? In that case Police role playing was better in LA Noire than GTA V

Except LA Noire is based around cops.. GTA is generally based around shooting.

Features that are in MP3 should've easily made it into GTAV. Just because one game is based in a linear environment compared to the other, doesn't mean they can't have the same features.

EDIT: Oh and simple features like switching shoulders should be in the game, its stupid that its not there.

Dude, that was my point, the comparison is stupid. 

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:23 AM Edited by ViceCityStalker, 23 March 2014 - 06:26 AM.

Yeah I agree OP MP 3`s shooting/cover mechanics make GTA V look like a joke,I couldn`t ever stand playing TDM or DM in V because it was f*cking super sh*t.

# : I actually preferred Red Deads shooting mechanics to V thats how sh*t I thought V`s was

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Tech Knight

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:28 AM

I think movement and aiming feels better in GTA V but actuall weapon impact, gore and bullet time is better in MP3. Either way, to me both of them feel good enough.

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:40 AM

I've returned to playing Max Payne 3 online, only playing GTAV Online SPORADICALLY since the Valentine's day DLC. As great as GTAV is OFFLINE, it just isn't as fun ONLINE as compared to MP3. While MP3 isn't anywhere NEAR as deep in terms of content, features or scope, what it does, it does VERY well. The gameplay never FEELS repetitive, although it IS.

I've played it since it was released, and it is still a ton of fun, while GTAV online is ALREADY boring.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:20 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 23 March 2014 - 11:34 AM.

I've returned to playing Max Payne 3 online, only playing GTAV Online SPORADICALLY since the Valentine's day DLC. As great as GTAV is OFFLINE, it just isn't as fun ONLINE as compared to MP3. While MP3 isn't anywhere NEAR as deep in terms of content, features or scope, what it does, it does VERY well. The gameplay never FEELS repetitive, although it IS.
I've played it since it was released, and it is still a ton of fun, while GTAV online is ALREADY boring.

Lol i havent played GTA5/GTAO for a month until yesterday and damn i had fun playing Online,and the graphics/Visuals after 6 months are still Beautiful and Mindboggling for an OWG running on old hardwares (512mb),i come to realise that the Cover System in V was Great and it made you think before you become a bullet sponge,hopefully with the Story DLC,GTAO Heists and the Expansions to the Content Creator,V/GTAO are probably going to be running for GoTY awards thrice in a row lol.Afterall the game won BAFTA's Best Game Design and Best Multiplayer Awards even with some people complaining about the gunplay and GTAO being a total mess.I already talked about Modern Day GTAs'Gore and Brutality and you can read about it plus i also linked a video :).

RonBWL
  • RonBWL

Brave Wholeheartedly Loser

• Members

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

Man, why is that EVERYONE compare games off the different series together? Do you guys really think R* could sell more copies just because of some brought-over mechanics from their other games?

It's business after all - if spending $1m more to extend GTA and only get you $1000 back from some extra copies, R* obviously won't go with it.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

Man, why is that EVERYONE compare games off the different series together? Do you guys really think R* could sell more copies just because of some brought-over mechanics from their other games?

It's business after all - if spending $1m more to extend GTA and only get you $1000 back from some extra copies, R* obviously won't go with it.

True...but ehh GTA5 sold 33ml copies worldwide already as of 2014 (Yeah GTA is a powerful and monsterous franchise,but the point is GTA5 is one of the greatest game of all time) Max Payne 3 was a masterpiece but as of 2014 the game have only sold 6ml copies compared to V.

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

I hope this is not directed to me seeing as gta v borrowed mazy paynes 3 shooting mechanics

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

Gamers care about the gameplay and that's what this thread is about. No reason to bring up fictional return on investment scenarios, because they don't apply.

And we compare the games, because they are made by the same developers, mentioned in GTA V interviews by GTA V developers, and we see aspects of those games in GTA V when we play it.  

Dbns_Finest
  • Dbns_Finest

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?"

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

I'm sure gta 6 will have mp3's shooting... When its released in 2019. Rockstar always water down the mechanics for gta for some reason.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:49 AM

The guns sounded and felt way more "real" in Max Payne. The muzzle flash and smoke from discharged shots, the actual "BANG!" as opposed to the muted "pop" from handguns, the bigger variety, what-have-you.

• TheOtherRyan, Ermac and ClaudeSpeed1911 like this

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:20 AM

My biggest gripes are no crouch or prone or swap shoulder it boggles my mind why these basic features were not included.

• coach_wargo likes this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:25 PM Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911, 24 March 2014 - 02:27 PM.

The guns sounded and felt way more "real" in Max Payne. The muzzle flash and smoke from discharged shots, the actual "BANG!" as opposed to the muted "pop" from handguns, the bigger variety, what-have-you.

I agree they even have same guns in the game like the M9,TAR-21, UZI, AK47 and some more which sounds powerfull compared to the ones in this game.

They could have copy pasted them to this game.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

They went soft on this part because of goddamn immature, undeserving filthy little spoilt children who are buying an 18+ game. There's a lot of mental kids out there too, which is a problem. When I was little and played all the GTA's, I could easily handle it, I knew it was for fun, same for lots of other people.

Kids nowadays are spoilt and don't have any understanding at all. They are pretty much retarded compared to before, there's less discipline today.

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:10 PM

Because they constantly bragged about GTA V having features from their previous games? Weapon wheel and countryside from RDR, city from IV, Player movement and guns from Max Payne, vehicle physics from Midnight Club, etc. If they constantly brag about it, we have every right to criticize and analyze these features.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

I'm sure gta 6 will have mp3's shooting... When its released in 2019. Rockstar always water down the mechanics for gta for some reason.

Could it be that the game needs to do 90 things other than shooting? Driving, radio, flying, parachutes, water, watercraft, ragdoll physics, pedestrian behavior, weather, and everything else?

you never played the old Max paynes? He's the same exact way, and wth you
Mean require dlc to finish the game? I don't even..

It's not paid DLC, it's free content packs. On the digital copy. Did nobody get the digital copy? If not, I would assume these content packs are the same as the second disc you have to install in the physical copy.

Nutsack McQueen
  • Nutsack McQueen

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

I really wonder why Rockstar is so stupid. They create better mechanics for other games and then release a new game without them.

See L.A Noire facial animation. They should've used it for every game after L.A Noire.

You don't understand. I remember Rockstar saying that L.A. Noire's facial animations on top of the big ass scale of this game just wouldn't be possible with the PS3 and 360's hardware. There are technical limitations that don't allow them to put everything to the game. You guys should remember that the shooting in GTA V is still a major improvement over GTA IV.

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

Could it be that the game needs to do 90 things other than shooting? Driving, radio, flying, parachutes, water, watercraft, ragdoll physics, pedestrian behavior, weather, and everything else?
Right, because parachute and water physics>most important mechanic in Grand Theft Auto.

DrAnomalous
  • DrAnomalous

Patient 223

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

Put the conspiracy theories away and save your disappointment for real life matters. GTA is an open world game, it's gonna try to be a jack of all trades but it very likely be the master of none.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

Put the conspiracy theories away and save your disappointment for real life matters. GTA is an open world game, it's gonna try to be a jack of all trades but it very likely be the master of none.

You tried to hard to sound intelligent and it ended up making no f*cking sense

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users