Quantcast

» «
Photo

A very high KDR is a sign of an exploited/average skill player.

153 replies to this topic
StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

OP is quite simply jelly.
  • cookiemonster14 likes this

CarcerCityMadMan
  • CarcerCityMadMan

Trick

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:32 AM Edited by CarcerCityMadMan, 22 March 2014 - 11:48 AM.

There is a PS3 crew called "Elite Squad - Word" and their tag is HARD. They join lobbies and tank spawn kill people as a team. I ran into a lobby with about 5 or 6 of them a week or so ago. The lowest ranking KD was 2.89. The highest was far above 60. Most were in the 20s.

I tried to fight them with my tank, killed one who was in a tank, and then got killed a couple of times (I can handle one or two people in tanks, but not five). We talked sh*t to one another on the mic, then their ring leader was like - ohh damn, this guy isn't bad, he's got a 2.73 KD ratio. They sent me an invite to their crew and I accepted LOL.

so in other words ur tellin us elite squad is nothing more then a bunch of pussys an congrats your officially a pussy like they are,see people like that cant play dm,they get rocked and rage out. lol

ZeusMowat_278
  • ZeusMowat_278

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

OP is butthurt he got killed by a player with a high legit k/d. So he comes here.

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

Ive come across numerous people who just session hop in tanks and spawn kill everyone until someones about to kill them.. then they leave while sending you a message saying "pussy" for being the one who was about to kill them... Honestly dont get why you would care about KDR that much and go to that much of an extreme to maintain it. Me personally i just play with mates and have the odd deathmates every now and then

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

my KDR is 10.2043. i've killed 1898 and have died 186 times.

i never use tanks, but i do like to camp with my sniper. ;)

most people with low KDR's just mindlessly run around shooting each other like it's a deathmatch. don't get me wrong, it's fun and all, but if you want a high KDR you need some sort of strategy aside from, getting killed, respawning, killing, and repeating over and over and over.... 

let's face it, you don't see people fighting wars using napoleonic tactics anymore. :dontgetit:

• SoggyLuke and SP1D3R-ZA like this

Strange Town
  • Strange Town

Strange Theme

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:02 PM

I have a 4 KDR, I don't use tanks, jets, or guns. Only melee weapons

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

My KDR is 1.5 I frankly don't really care about it.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:06 PM

Mine is 6.09. I don't even have a tank and never did kill glitches.

arziben
  • arziben

✈::::::: pew pew pew

• Members
  • France

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:07 PM

I have a .61 kd ratio, jealous?

no, but I'm jealous of that license plate

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:10 PM Edited by SoggyLuke, 22 March 2014 - 12:13 PM.

Ill clear this up:

A persons average kdr should be very close to 1. Games do not just rely on skill but also luck. Sometimes in matches or encounters you have high kdr ratios; sometimes low kdrs.

In games like gta, ppl usually have a little bit higher kdr because of multiple kills from explosions.
In games like bf, the average is nearly 1 for all players.
In games like cod, these values are at the extremes due to killstreaks.
In case of bf and cod, abnormally high or low kdr (relative to the average) is due to campers.

To sum up: kdr doesnt mean sh!t about a players true skill so anyone with a high kdr is an exploiter or a p*ssy. A very low kdr means you encountered ppl with high kdr's. Nothing more. Nothing less. 1 is the safe zone for players (ex. 0.80 - 1.1) I dont trust anyone with a kdr of greater than 1.5

So you say people with a high KDR are sh*t but anyone with a low KDR has a low KD because they encountered a high KD player...Hang on a minute, i tthought the high KD players were supposed to be skill less?? Contradicting yourself there matey lol

Why do people on here just expect you to stand there face to face in a gun fight? Seems like you're not legit if you snipe on roofs, use jets/heli's, explosives etc.. Its like everyone expects bare knuckle boxing matches between people. If someone has an advantage over you its up to you to level the playing field. People on GTA i find are too predictable in how they approach you and the fact people just run at you most of the time explains why theres so much butthurt on here with people saying everything's a pussy move; No you're just too damn predictable in gun fights haha. Its actually interesting when you come across someone who isn't predictable in a gunfight because it makes it 10x more interesting and more often than not its a player with a 2+ KD who's not predictable and has their own tactics against you like going of radar etc but i guess that would make him a pussy though wouldn't it for getting an legit advantage in the playing field an not standing there on the street staring you in the face.

Also what i encounter the most on GTA is people sending you messages every time you get a legit kill on them because they know someone beat them fair and square and they get pissed off and need to justify their death as bullsh*t while letting you know that too.

I'll never understand the GTA community lol

Mine is 6.09. I don't even have a tank and never did kill glitches.

Props to you then lol, bet you're like me and don't give a flying f*ck about stats neither haha. Most of my kills are self defense kills where someone started shooting me first.

• SteveNYC81, SP1D3R-ZA and StewNorth like this

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:18 PM

Ill clear this up:

A persons average kdr should be very close to 1. Games do not just rely on skill but also luck. Sometimes in matches or encounters you have high kdr ratios; sometimes low kdrs.

In games like gta, ppl usually have a little bit higher kdr because of multiple kills from explosions.
In case of bf and cod, abnormally high or low kdr (relative to the average) is due to campers.

To sum up: kdr doesnt mean sh!t about a players true skill so anyone with a high kdr is an exploiter or a p*ssy. A very low kdr means you encountered ppl with high kdr's. Nothing more. Nothing less. 1 is the safe zone for players (ex. 0.80 - 1.1) I dont trust anyone with a kdr of greater than 1.5

Hallgarth
  • Hallgarth

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:27 PM Edited by Hallgarth, 22 March 2014 - 12:28 PM.

I think that KDR would be more accurate to player skill if it only counted kills/deaths in DM, LTS, GTA Race and Versus missions.

In free mode, people use cheap tactics to raise it, like camping outside a garage and shooting at you while you're in auto-drive when you leave it. Hit and run tactics, where they flee because they don't want to risk the chance that you're better than them. Not to mention those that break/alter the game in their favour.

aznknight69
  • aznknight69

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:45 PM Edited by aznknight69, 22 March 2014 - 12:48 PM.

What GTA should implement is all NPC's shooting back at the guy who started the fight.

Imagine a camper (the guy with a 10 KDR) sniping at defenseless players, because that's how he strokes his ego, is then spawn sniped by police snipers and/or NPC snipers.

A tank griefer suddenly enounters two LSPD tanks on his tail. Is then spawn killed by the LSPD tanks.

If idiots on freeroam decide to start spawn kill each other why not send in the marines to spawn kill all of them until they all rage and leave and finally learn their lesson.?

How about the killer in freeroam pays 20k every kill? No money? You're stuck in your apartment until you've earned enough legit money to go back in.

This will then allow players play the game the way it was intended....
DM for killing each other, Races for races, golf for golf, missions for money and rp and Freeroam for meeting online friends and working together on possible heists.

It's COD idiots who ruin the experience.

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

Ill clear this up:

So you say people with a high KDR are sh*t but anyone with a low KDR has a low KD because they encountered a high KD player...Hang on a minute, i tthought the high KD players were supposed to be skill less?? Contradicting yourself there matey

What the?? I never said they are sh*t. I just am saying they dont mean anything which is what you said as well. You dont have to semantics to win an argument you know. Your misquoting me with stuff you think i meant by what i wrote. I never said skilless nor sh*t.

H8GodMode
  • H8GodMode

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:57 PM Edited by H8GodMode, 22 March 2014 - 06:02 PM.

i think somewhere up until i got to rank 100 i had a really low KDR... like maybe .65-.70

then i started paying attention to it because i didn't realize it was a stat that determined how much your getting pwned in the game, as this is the first online game ive ever played and prob the 1st game i played seriously since the original GTA SA..

i managed to get my stat up to 1.05... im sure if i was able to start over from scratch i could prob get this up to a 3.5 range...

im not the type to chase around a noob and spawn kill them over and over, thats no fun... i did it once or twice but there was a reason to it...

ie - last wk a guy buzzes my garage i thought maybe it was a friend so i walk to the door thinking it will show the message of who it was. so he walked away and it forced me outside. as soon as i go thru the leaving your garage scene he blast me with his lil smg... so for that he deserved to get killed 10x in a row... and its ashame because im noticing at least 75% of players will take advantage of some kind of defenseless kill...

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

hatin.gif

IN!

that's impressive 

A career building talent, for sure.

Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

Look at mine, im legit, i dont grief or tank people, if people wanna fight i will fight regardless of their K/D ratio, i pride myself on my K/D ratio and try my utmost to not get killed, it takes a while and a lot of practice and strategy to get to where i am, or it hard work for me anyways...

• SteveNYC81 likes this

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

I hate when people say those who camp are pussies, well. I could see just sitting in the same spot the whole session, but some idiot called me a camping pussy because I would kill them, run to a different spot that was like a block away, and take cover, and wait for them to come to me, get them again, run another block, wait again. 

Its called strategy. I am not going to run out in the middle of the open to get some idiot for a kill. if they come to me, their problem, not mine. 

• Horndog_SA and SteveNYC81 like this

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

Who let BlasterFag4Ever back in here?

JamesPnell
  • JamesPnell

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

I have a 3.55 k/d. I don't think I'm average or "exploited"

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:39 PM Edited by blackmyst, 22 March 2014 - 07:39 PM.

I'm just better than you, deal with it fa**ot. Or just make all the excuses you need to, so that you can sleep at night.

• SteveNYC81 and Vec like this

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

Shut up, OP
  • SteveNYC81 likes this

jacka
  • jacka

jacked up

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

Who honestly gives a f*ck? I certainly don't.

dzian
  • dzian

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

In gta very high is around 3 look at most peoples its around 1 or 0.60 now tell me whats the difference between 0.60 and 2.56 in any game involving guns :)

Pretty sure the average is 1...

If you kill someone, someone else died. Meaning for every kill there is a death. For every death there is a kill
now theres something I havent seen for a long time. Intelligence.....

And its true if you add up all the stats on all the characters who have ever played the average will be a perfect 1.00

Kd has no measure of skill though. Only a relative indication.

Think of it this way. Who wins a deathmatch. The guy that 25kills and 20 deaths giving him a kd of 1.2 or the guy who has 8 kills and 2 deaths giving him a kd of 4.0.
  • Iroquois likes this

Nakura
  • Nakura

An optimist in a cynic's clothing

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

It doesn't matter what K/D everyone has, OP.

• Iroquois likes this

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

I only have a 2.12. I don't chase and kill people. It messes with my conscience. I don't like seeing myself as a dick until the very last second. I just camp when I get chased. Problem solved.

Richy5015
  • Richy5015

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

I need to improve my KTD ratio. I was terrible when I first started playing this game, but have improved. I don't just shoot at random people, but if i'm fired at then i will fire back. 

SJH1991
  • SJH1991

Scotland's finest

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:08 PM

level 1xx chasing lvl 4-15s and spawn killing them?

High KDR's usually means something like this, twankers, hackers, glitchers, all-around-douchebags.

Or an ass kicker on tdm who also takes no prisoners when someone kills them and unleashes hell on anyone who tries to mess with him on free mode.... AKA me

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:11 PM Edited by SteveNYC81, 22 March 2014 - 09:28 PM.

The OP must've got a shellacking by someone with a K/D of a point and a half higher than his, so it's justifies him calling everyone a no skill cheat. A reasonably high K/D in the 2-3 range only means you play more tactically, and creatively. That's my kind of player, and OP all seriousness enough with your negative BS. We have enough flaming negative sh*t floating around the forum. It would be nice to see some more positive threads. Or ones that aren't related to cash cards, KD, or aiming preferences.

• SJH1991 likes this

LSMW NIGHTMARE
  • LSMW NIGHTMARE

Leader Of LSMW

• Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:13 PM

My k/d ratio is 3.86

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users