Quantcast

» «
Photo

A very high KDR is a sign of an exploited/average skill player.

153 replies to this topic
TheForgottenOne
  • TheForgottenOne

Fearsome Tanker

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:36 AM

obviously she didn't play any deathmatchs.

Vec
  • Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:38 AM

You know what? I have more deaths than kills so my KDR isn't that good.

And you know what?

e56a843556956291262be10b79596706a829101d

I have other priorities in this game than having preety looking numbers

• jtattersalluk likes this

Tacts_21
  • Tacts_21

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:41 AM

How high is high ? I know a few crew members who have a KDR 5.00+. No tanks / hacks or whatever. Most of their kills are from sniping unsuspecting players from rooftops.

CarcerCityMadMan
  • CarcerCityMadMan

It's all in the reflexes

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:42 AM

How high is high ? I know a few crew members who have a KDR 5.00+. No tanks / hacks or whatever. Most of their kills are from sniping unsuspecting players from rooftops.

= pussy

• Eutyphro, jacka and Kontoxis like this

Tacts_21
  • Tacts_21

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:46 AM

= pussy

I can assure you they are pretty damn good shooters on the ground too.

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:47 AM Edited by Iroquois, 22 March 2014 - 04:48 AM.

Ill clear this up:

A persons average kdr should be very close to 1. Games do not just rely on skill but also luck. Sometimes in matches or encounters you have high kdr ratios; sometimes low kdrs.

In games like gta, ppl usually have a little bit higher kdr because of multiple kills from explosions.
In games like bf, the average is nearly 1 for all players.
In games like cod, these values are at the extremes due to killstreaks.
In case of bf and cod, abnormally high or low kdr (relative to the average) is due to campers.

To sum up: kdr doesnt mean sh!t about a players true skill so anyone with a high kdr is an exploiter or a p*ssy. A very low kdr means you encountered ppl with high kdr's. Nothing more. Nothing less. 1 is the safe zone for players (ex. 0.80 - 1.1) I dont trust anyone with a kdr of greater than 1.5
  • beat_savy_9 likes this

Ric209aye
  • Ric209aye

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:56 AM

I have a 3.75 k/d and I don't use a tank. I mostly use the jet to kill people. When I get shot down or crash I just hold it down on foot with guns. If I see we're fighting hard I'll even send you a TDM invite so we can settle it in a TDM. I do consider myself a jet griefer though I go against the whole lobby

Oz70NYC
  • Oz70NYC

The Urban Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:00 AM

My K/D hovers around 1.10-1.20. It could be closer to 2.00, but I take risks and do outlandish things to get kills in Freemode. (Such as Jihad Driving and running at people shooting at me with a knife. You'd be surprised how many times people actually freak the f*ck out and get killed by me doing that.) K/D IMO is not a gauge of a player's skill. It just means they killed more people then got killed by people. Granted, I agree with the majority...anything over a 5 is clearly someone exploiting, twanking or some other form of douchebagery...and I defy anyone who has a K/D over 5 to justify it with stats, not words. Words mean sh*t. Stats don't lie. 

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:02 AM

Ill clear this up:

1 is the safe zone for players (ex. 0.80 - 1.1) I dont trust anyone with a kdr of greater than 1.5

when I host races, I run into a lot of low k/d players, I think they just don't play free roam much in my opinion.

GranSnake
  • GranSnake

Sapper

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:02 AM

I honestly don't know mine, I don't care about it.

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

"Boobs Are Under-Powered"

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:06 AM

Ill clear this up:

A persons average kdr should be very close to 1. Games do not just rely on skill but also luck. Sometimes in matches or encounters you have high kdr ratios; sometimes low kdrs.

In games like gta, ppl usually have a little bit higher kdr because of multiple kills from explosions.
In case of bf and cod, abnormally high or low kdr (relative to the average) is due to campers.

To sum up: kdr doesnt mean sh!t about a players true skill so anyone with a high kdr is an exploiter or a p*ssy. A very low kdr means you encountered ppl with high kdr's. Nothing more. Nothing less. 1 is the safe zone for players (ex. 0.80 - 1.1) I dont trust anyone with a kdr of greater than 1.5

The BF average is not 1.

Its more like .77.

I should know, and I don't f*cking camp :|

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:12 AM Edited by Iroquois, 22 March 2014 - 05:14 AM.

Ill clear this up:

The BF average is not 1.

Its more like .77.

Hmm interesting. My reference is bf3 for  the ps3. Most ppl i encounter is on average, 1. To be more precise, 0.89 to 1.05.

.77 sounds very normal. Also, good thing about BF is that most ppl dont camp, thank goodness for that.

Oz70NYC
  • Oz70NYC

The Urban Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:12 AM

Ill clear this up:

1 is the safe zone for players (ex. 0.80 - 1.1) I dont trust anyone with a kdr of greater than 1.5

when I host races, I run into a lot of low k/d players, I think they just don't play free roam much in my opinion.

You pretty much fall into one of four categories in GTAO:

1. A Racer (Land Races, Parachuting, Air Races ETC)

2. Death Match Player

3. Contact Mission Player

4. Freemode Fighter

Or a mix of any combo of the above. From stats I've check of people I see with extremely high PvP K/Ds...they majority of the time spend NO time in DMs or races. People with average (1.0-2.0) PvP K/Ds log a lot more time in DMs. People with low PvP K/Ds spend WAY more time in races and Contact missions, or spend most of their time playing with crew mates/friends. There is NO WAY IN HELL someone can have a K/D over 3 and have more then 10 hours total time in DM. NO ONE is that good, and if you are...like I said before...show me your stats. Otherwise, you're argument is invalid. (Not you beat_savy...just in general.)

• Iroquois, beat_savy_9 and LahTigre like this

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

"Boobs Are Under-Powered"

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:16 AM

Ill clear this up:

The BF average is not 1.

Its more like .77.

Hmm interesting. My reference is bf3 for  the ps3. Most ppl i encounter is on average, 1. To be more precise, 0.89 to 1.05.

.77 sounds very normal. Also, good thing about BF is that most ppl dont camp, thank goodness for that.

Yeah, as a forum, we did a player-wide avg k/d for all platforms yearly.

The most recent one was as follows:

PS3: 0.66

X360: 0.81

PC: 0.77

• beat_savy_9 likes this

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

All In!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:42 AM

Since I helped a couple friends get a few hundred kills on me for some of the Weapon Awards, my K/D will most likely stay under 1.0 for a long time.  Not that I really care since we don't get anything special for keeping a high ratio.

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:53 AM

There is a PS3 crew called "Elite Squad - Word" and their tag is HARD. They join lobbies and tank spawn kill people as a team. I ran into a lobby with about 5 or 6 of them a week or so ago. The lowest ranking KD was 2.89. The highest was far above 60. Most were in the 20s.

I tried to fight them with my tank, killed one who was in a tank, and then got killed a couple of times (I can handle one or two people in tanks, but not five). We talked sh*t to one another on the mic, then their ring leader was like - ohh damn, this guy isn't bad, he's got a 2.73 KD ratio. They sent me an invite to their crew and I accepted LOL.

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

NO BULLSHlT ALLOWED Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:12 AM Edited by FR_Player-One, 22 March 2014 - 06:12 AM.

There is a PS3 crew called "Elite Squad - Word" and their tag is HARD. They join lobbies and tank spawn kill people as a team. I ran into a lobby with about 5 or 6 of them a week or so ago. The lowest ranking KD was 2.89. The highest was far above 60. Most were in the 20s.

I tried to fight them with my tank, killed one who was in a tank, and then got killed a couple of times (I can handle one or two people in tanks, but not five). We talked sh*t to one another on the mic, then their ring leader was like - ohh damn, this guy isn't bad, he's got a 2.73 KD ratio. They sent me an invite to their crew and I accepted LOL.

This sounds like guys masturbating in group, thinking they're so "alpha males" for doing it. You know, that kind of weirdos...

They're "HARD" after all hm...

Good job, you can masturbate with them now, enjoy.

• GranSnake, jacka and SP1D3R-ZA like this

Handsome Z
  • Handsome Z

Car Enthusiast/Creepy Fetishist.

• Van Society
  • Egypt

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:20 AM

KDR's are for codfags. please take your nerdness outta here please

this

• paulmgrath likes this

Steve
  • Steve

Combat Pistol Marksman

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:32 AM

My crystal ball tells me this will turn into free aim, auto aim flame fest soon enough.

GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:02 AM

I rarely use a tank and mine is 4.9x

Jags666
  • Jags666

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:18 AM Edited by Jags666, 22 March 2014 - 10:28 AM.

Never been into the ol' KDR stat in this game but just checked mine and it's 1.14.

I'm Lvl 196 and tend to spend most of my time in invite only doing races and missions (not a big DM fan but have done a few) so that would count toward the low ratio. However, just to put a view on how much stats like these are worth bothering with.

• My 'Arch-Enemy' (LuckyScareFace) has killed me 14 times; My Victim Kills (LuckyScareFace) is 19. This came out of a melee TDM where the first team who reached 50 kills won. There was 4 of us playing - 2 on each side - so that was relatively easy to achieve.
  • Racing: I have 382 wins and 442 losses. This is across all forms of racing so can't compare individual disciplines -  land, sea or air races - and the is no reflection of how many 2nd, 3rd placings etc.

The stats in this game are meaningless.

PG.
  • PG.

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:24 AM

I have a 2.38 kdr, only use tank to kill other tanks

tsouryavong13
  • tsouryavong13

I lost on Jeopardy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:27 AM

When I tell a lot of people that I don't care about my KDR, they tell me to stop playing GTA Online because I'm not a "gamer" if I don't care for my KDR. I only play the game either solo, or with friends. 

Jags666
  • Jags666

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:37 AM

this

Very much this (apart from the Fag part)....I am a COD player.

My stats and KDR in COD are particularly good (even if I do say so myself) which is why I am not bothered in the slightest about them in this GTAO; it's not that type of game.

You will probably find that all those worry about their KDR in GTA are players who failed to get decent stats in COD because they were crap at it and figured they could boost their fragile egos by attaining them in GTA. 

Sagrawa
  • Sagrawa

Upperdecker

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:37 AM

Ill clear this up:

You pretty much fall into one of four categories in GTAO:

1. A Racer (Land Races, Parachuting, Air Races ETC)

2. Death Match Player

3. Contact Mission Player

4. Freemode Fighter

Or a mix of any combo of the above. From stats I've check of people I see with extremely high PvP K/Ds...they majority of the time spend NO time in DMs or races. People with average (1.0-2.0) PvP K/Ds log a lot more time in DMs. People with low PvP K/Ds spend WAY more time in races and Contact missions, or spend most of their time playing with crew mates/friends. There is NO WAY IN HELL someone can have a K/D over 3 and have more then 10 hours total time in DM. NO ONE is that good, and if you are...like I said before...show me your stats. Otherwise, you're argument is invalid. (Not you beat_savy...just in general.)

I have actually run in to some guys with a kd of over 3.5 who seemed very legit. Just 2 days ago I got into a major fight with 6 or 7 people and was left battling it out with a guy who a kd ratio of 3.7. We were both equally good, but could see why he had such better kd ratio than me: He was just far more careful by going off radar sometimes and not engaging the pvp battle when he had cops chasing him.

Biggest difference most of the time between players with a high kd ratio and ones with a low one is that the ones with a low kd ratio play the game to have fun and with high kd ratios can only enjoy the game when they look at their stats afterwards.

• Iroquois and SP1D3R-ZA like this

novesori
  • novesori

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:39 AM Edited by novesori, 22 March 2014 - 10:40 AM.

I have a 3.45k/d ratio, but I don't know why. I don't play deathmatches, I don't kill other players in free roam, and I don't let me kill in freeroam. Only when I got killed in FR without a reason, I will spawn kill the other guy. Maybe that's the point.

But hey, I have a high k/d ratio :D

DraxTheDestroyer
  • DraxTheDestroyer

Vinum Sabbathi

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

In conclusion : High K/D means griefing people in free mode

whether its sniping,tank,buzzard,fighter jets or reverse shooting entitys

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:46 AM

jameznash
  • jameznash

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:06 AM Edited by jameznash, 22 March 2014 - 11:08 AM.

A K/D ratio is only important in a game where killing the other players is the only objective and there is nothing else to do in that game.

Most people with a high K/D ratio in GTA Online are killing people who don't actually give a F**k about killing. If you shoot at somebody who is not defending themselves then it is a pointless kill. No different to killing a pedestrian.

I personally think the K/D ratio should only count when in a death match or GTA race. Not free roam. It would make the game more fun as it would stop some of the spawn killing (only some but its a start)

I did not do many death matches and left my player standing in the street a lot so my K/D Ratio was only 0.6 (at level 130). Then I started doing death matches in crew events and its now back up to 1.09

I don't kill people in free roam even if they kill me - I just don't care enough to waist my time.
  • DraxTheDestroyer and NukedPratorian like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

Inb4 Watchclock

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users