Revised blip system... in the works?

109 replies to this topic
GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:23 PM

they took away the IV colors because people were complaining about getting pink, or brown in a session.

Whaaattt, didn't know that!

I hated the V blips before, I hate them even more now (and those newly added icons too!) IV was perfect, R* is listening to too much whiners lately if you ask me :/

• scubadave likes this

goldadderXD
  • goldadderXD

Playa

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:26 PM

the female icon...you cant be serious :D

• StormerBoy and scubadave like this

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:25 AM

are you referring to version 1 or 2?

ag7NMXJl.jpg

• StormerBoy and TheJackalSega like this

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:29 AM

they took away the IV colors because people were complaining about getting pink, or brown in a session.

I hated the V blips before, I hate them even more now (and those newly added icons too!) IV was perfect, R* is listening to too much whiners lately if you ask me :/

yes. less whiners and just play. normally you would take the best parts of IV like the blips and reuse it in V, not recreate something that works well in the first place.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:00 AM

yes. less whiners and just play. normally you would take the best parts of IV like the blips and reuse it in V, not recreate something that works well in the first place.

rockstar seems to have the opposite idea, they take sh*t that works and f*ck it up, lol

• GTA-Addicted and scubadave like this

jiggaman1
  • jiggaman1

Rat

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:37 AM

I'm pretty happy with the current system to be fair. Agreed about the highlighting- it's too easy to lose track of the player you have highlighted, especially if there are wars going on. I would rather the blip colour just changed. 

Also, LOVE the idea about the last person that killed you's blip being distinguished in one way or another. Maybe with a coffin blip- because that's what they'll end up in if they f*ck with me.  :evilgrin:  (I wish).

Also, was it just me or when you used to double tap down a while ago to bring up the bigger map did the player's name show up above their blip? Why did they get rid of this? It was a great way of identifying who was who. Bring it back!

Its still there, not sure why its not working for you, unless you're not on about the feature in the high life update?

Cheers for your post. I just checked and it is a setting which I wouldn't have checked if you didn't reply!

tfroam
  • tfroam

Snipers are pussies who usually suck at close combat.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:01 PM

I hated the the IV system I have to admit and think Online is much better. It just got annoying when you kept forgetting what colour was who. In Online especially with the introduction of the player name appearing by the blip on the expanded map since high life you can easily know whose who and can check without going right next to them/checking map. 

I do think the highlighted player should be scrapped though and be replaced with changing the outer circle of a players blip to a selected colour. This accommodates the mental state, but not sure if it works with friend/crew blips though. 

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:17 PM Edited by iddqdvie, 16 September 2014 - 02:18 PM.

the blips are actually chips in your head or thooth or whatever and thats why they are always visible. i like the idea of more infos in the blip and color. and it sounds interesting to implement a system where a blip is not always visible, like if you sneak around. but i am not so sure if i really want to get killed out of the blue all the time.
  • tfroam likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 16 September 2014 - 06:50 PM

the blips are actually chips in your head or thooth or whatever and thats why they are always visible. i like the idea of more infos in the blip and color. and it sounds interesting to implement a system where a blip is not always visible, like if you sneak around. but i am not so sure if i really want to get killed out of the blue all the time.

I always thought it was lester tracking people's cell phones.

NDE108
  • NDE108

Real Talk

• Members

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:58 PM

Just have an option to get rid of the mini-map clutter by removing all blue mission icons.  We can access these missions from menus or in the world.  I don't need to see them on the mini map. 

• scubadave, LuCkySabeR and JSN like this

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:34 PM

30 colored blips on PS4/XB1!

no.

--

FYI: you can turn the name tags off the mini map.
  • scubadave likes this

Marc30499
  • Marc30499

Yonce Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:54 PM

I like the blip system the way it is
  • scubadave likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:43 AM

Just have an option to get rid of the mini-map clutter by removing all blue mission icons.  We can access these missions from menus or in the world.  I don't need to see them on the mini map. 

inf*ckingdeed, plus they are barely visible and i accidentally run into these dumbass things all the time when having a battle, then when you back out you f*cking die instantly cause they are sitting there waiting, great f*cking idea rockstar, dumb sh*ts. 

• scubadave likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 4 weeks ago

no.

--

that will be a mess but its better than 30 all the same color white blips all over the map

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

no.

--

that will be a mess but its better than 30 all the same color white blips all over the map

yea and the highlight player that makes them blink is useless when 100 other things are making every other f*cking dot on the map blink, i mean really now?  who approved that feature?  fire them immediately

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 4 weeks ago

no.

--

yea and the highlight player that makes them blink is useless when 100 other things are making every other f*cking dot on the map blink, i mean really now?  who approved that feature?  fire them immediately

Rockstar's Summer Interns would be my guess.

GTAmaster09
  • GTAmaster09

GTA Fanatic

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by GTAmaster09, 4 weeks ago.

*DELETED* Wrong thread, sorry.

• scubadave likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

💎 Diamond Club 💎

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 2 weeks ago

ag7NMXJl.jpg

now that xb1/ps4 lobbies will be here shortly, it opens up not just for improving the blip system but actually expanding its functionality. would there be a reason to add more advance features to the map/blip system now that the processing power is there. or just the fact that 30/60 players WILL REQUIRE some rework of the entire map to make it 1) usable and 2) uncluttered.

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Have the blue job icons only pop up when are you very close to them. Color code each blip, or turn the stupid blips off all together. I've said this before, the only function the stealth walk can hold is to hide your blip. Same with silenced weapons. A constant blip system is dumb. Or at least remove constant blips in free aim and let the babies in auto aim be on the radar at all times.
  • scubadave likes this

Dumb guy
  • Dumb guy

SUPERHEAVYDOODY

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

ag7NMXJl.jpg

now that xb1/ps4 lobbies will be here shortly, it opens up not just for improving the blip system but actually expanding its functionality. would there be a reason to add more advance features to the map/blip system now that the processing power is there. or just the fact that 30/60 players WILL REQUIRE some rework of the entire map to make it 1) usable and 2) uncluttered.

I'll just take the circle jerk blips.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users