We all know that the blip system leaves something to be desired.
I have already made multiple tickets to Rockstar about this, but I'd like to get some crowd sourced suggestions that will help Rockstar with how the blips are handled in future patches. I suspect it's in the works because we saw the modifications to DMs in 1.11 (not good).
IV had positives and negatives, but it seems like they ignored the best parts of IV (colored blips, far/close blips settings, etc.) and instead went with some hybrid system where you don't even know who is who and now with the way blips are in DM's in 1.11, I think it's time to get a unified discussion going. I'll tally up the suggestions with a spreadsheet and submit the data to Rockstar.
After many previous, fragmented discussions, the following was the most comprehensive proposal from the community. Is this good enough or are there additional things needed?
Some additional things to consider and discuss:
- TDM/DM blip mechanics
- far/near/all/none blip settings for free roam
- 1v1 DM blips
- NPC blips (mercenaries, in particular)
DETAILS AND EDITS:
- Each player has their own color (a la IV)
- 2 or more in one car, the blip is multi-colored with # of players inside
- Friend has a blue outline (status quo), friend of friend has a light blue outline
- Bounty has red outline
- You are red if you have a bounty
- Crew color outlines, if applicable (status quo)
- Crew and friend split the outline half/half (status quo)
- Up/down arrowhead designates above you or below you
- X on a blip marks the last player to have wasted you
- Just got wasted are X's, person who did it flash briefly (status quo)