94 replies to this topic
TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

http://www.inquisitr...saved-his-life/

Roy Ortiz, an illegal immigrant, is suing the firefighters who saved his life. An attorney for Ortiz recently filed court documents related to the incident which occurred last September. His client was trapped in his car during a flash flood on US 287 in Colorado.

The Ortiz lawsuit names first responders from the Boulder County Sheriff’s Office, Westminster dive team, as well as North Metro Fire Rescue District firefighters. On September 12, a vehicle driven by Roy Ortiz flipped upside down after being washed off the roadway by rushing flood waters.

According to court documents, it took the firefighters about two hours to rescue Ortiz. The man is now claiming that the North Metro Fire Rescue District was negligent in their duties because he “should” have been extracted from his car more quickly.

Why is Ortiz suing the firefighters who rescued him from probable death? “Well, I’m happy. I’m really happy to be alive. But, I’m looking for some help with my bills. I don’t have the money to pay,” he said.

What are your thoughts on this story? I think it's pretty damn despicable that anyone would humor this case. The lawyer really is a scumbag piece of sh*t and his client is no better. Apparently he's seeking $500,000 in damages from the very same people who ensured that his fat ass is still breathing. 

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:29 PM Edited by ExtremoMania, 20 March 2014 - 10:31 PM.

An anatomy of filing a case against those who helped you? Also he's an illegal immigrant who crossed into American border, how is that possible to file a lawsuit in a country not of his origin? He should be the deported back to where he belongs and never get any reparations from his damages.

• universetwisters and Killerdude like this

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

well you got the perfect disguise and you're looking okay

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:32 PM

Well if he's gonna be like that, then I say we ship his ass back to wherever he came from.
  • gtamann123 likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:42 PM

What a pathetic pos. Unfortunately this happens way too much. People will look for any opportunity to grab a quick lawsuit and make the big bucks.

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:43 PM Edited by gnad.1992, 20 March 2014 - 10:43 PM.

This is a f*cking joke, life will teach them (he and his lawyer) a lesson sooner or later.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Dump 2016

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

They should just put him and his upside down car back into the flood. 

• Harley and gnad.1992 like this

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:54 PM

"If you save a life you are responsible for that life"

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • Christmas-Island
  • Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

He probably doesn't have a leg to stand on anyway. It was an emergency situation; if they spent 2 hours trying to get him out, they were obviously doing their best to keep him alive and in one piece and not like they were just standing there having a coffee break. It's even more damming against him with statements like that about 'bills to pay' if it's true.

Also, was there any reason to highlight that he's an immigrant? (Not pointing at you OP) - If you want to make a quick buck like this you're pretty much a scumbag, and they come in any nationality.

• Moonshield and RiaJay21 like this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:41 PM

He probably doesn't have a leg to stand on anyway. It was an emergency situation; if they spent 2 hours trying to get him out, they were obviously doing their best to keep him alive and in one piece and not like they were just standing there having a coffee break. It's even more damming against him with statements like that about 'bills to pay' if it's true.

Also, was there any reason to highlight that he's an immigrant? (Not pointing at you OP) - If you want to make a quick buck like this you're pretty much a scumbag, and they come in any nationality.

I think the part of him being an illegal immigrant is important. Because it just speaks to how ridiculous this is. He ismt even in the country legally and thinks he can win a lawsuit of this nature?
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive and a20characterusername like this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:44 PM

I think the part of him being an illegal immigrant is important. Because it just speaks to how ridiculous this is. He ismt even in the country legally and thinks he can win a lawsuit of this nature?

You would think that after being outed as being an illegal immigrant he would immediately be deported. Guess not.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:45 PM

An anatomy of filing a case against those who helped you? Also he's an illegal immigrant who crossed into American border, how is that possible to file a lawsuit in a country not of his origin? He should be the deported back to where he belongs and never get any reparations from his damages.

This.

Is it even possible for a non-American citizen to sue American emergency services? I'm not too sure, seeing as my knowledge on lawsuits the like is pretty limited, but it sounds like it wouldn't fly in court, what with him being here illegally and all.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:47 PM

You would think that after being outed as being an illegal immigrant he would immediately be deported. Guess not.

Well I think there is some kind of process for deporting someone. So that process is probably underway

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:52 PM

This.

Is it even possible for a non-American citizen to sue American emergency services? I'm not too sure, seeing as my knowledge on lawsuits the like is pretty limited, but it sounds like it wouldn't fly in court, what with him being here illegally and all.

Apparently this isn't something new.

16 illegal immigrants sued a rancher who detained them at gunpoint for trespassing on his property while crossing the border.

http://www.washingto...ncher/?page=all

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:56 AM

f*ck this guy. What a f*ckin' lowlife.

And if you know anything about the US, you know the Republicans are gonna have a field day with this. A leeching illegal immigrant suing a hardworking American hero? Can't really blame them if they go nuts over this on Fox News. But of course, they'll completely ignore the real issues and focus entirely on how awful illegal immigrants are.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:20 AM

To place a lawsuit against people who saved his life is likely the lowest thing one can do, I would be willing to bet it is a ploy to get citizenship.....knowing Colorado has one of the most lax immigration laws in the entire United States of Amercia. It makes so damn angry.... I'm going to leave it at that for reasons of keeping this on topic and to avoid a stupid argument
  • gtamann123 likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:38 AM

Wait a second and hold the ticket line...are you guys seriously speaking ill of an illegal immigrant trying to benefit financially on the back of a possible premature retirement of an emergency serviceman doing his job? Goddam right wing xenophobic racists...

• Moth, gtamann123 and TheFoxRiverFugitive like this

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Been saving it for a rainy day...

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

This.

Apparently this isn't something new.

16 illegal immigrants sued a rancher who detained them at gunpoint for trespassing on his property while crossing the border.

http://www.washingto...ncher/?page=all
The question is, have any of those lawsuits won by illegal aliens? If it does, correct me if I'm misleading.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

Maybe if people were allowed to live anywhere they wanted to he would of had the opportunity to get a good job and not have to do this.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

You guys should be happy that he's trying to fit in as an American by suing anything that moves.

• Moonshield, Davo the Assassin, universetwisters and 3 others like this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

Maybe if people were allowed to live anywhere they wanted to he would of had the opportunity to get a good job and not have to do this.

If everybody was allowed to live anywhere they wanted the system would sink. The solution would be fixing the sh*tty countries where immigrants normally come from so they don't have to leave them.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

If everybody was allowed to live anywhere they wanted the system would sink. The solution would be fixing the sh*tty countries where immigrants normally come from so they don't have to leave them.

no if they're wanted arrest them at the border 

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

If everybody was allowed to live anywhere they wanted the system would sink.

Sure it would  :^:

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

Lawyers are in the business of 'helping' people. So you can't blame him.
Lawyers, Insurance companies, politicians all in league to make money for themselves and their stockholders. Stockholders means you.

As for the illegal alien. Well, that President Obama's problem, and the Legislature for buying votes by letting known illegals stay.

How about Detention Camps, like Roosevelt established for the Japanese. Build them in New Mexico, Arizona, and West Texas deserts. Complete with Airports and Railway Stations. Maybe add workhouses so they can make themselves useful at 67¢ an hour until they are deported? [Work Makes People Free.]

stutthof1.gif

As long as the U.S. of A. is a free country, we will allow this sort of thing.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

As for the illegal alien. Well, that President Obama's problem, and the Legislature for buying votes by letting known illegals stay.

Yeah cause allowing citizenship to illegal immigrants is a real vote winner, right?

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

NOPE not in Colorado the one thing I hate about Colorado it's a "sanctuary" state in other words a safe haven for illegals

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

What goes around comes around.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

Yeah cause allowing citizenship to illegal immigrants is a real vote winner, right?

Registered to vote and did.
http://blog.heritage...ay-with-voting/
https://www.ijreview...-have-to-leave/

You don't think that this doesn't 'buy' votes from sympathizers?
The Democratic party poll workers and ward healers aren't unknown for having the dead, illegals, and repeaters voting. Or, so it has been said. :)

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:05 PM

NOPE not in Colorado the one thing I hate about Colorado it's a "sanctuary" state in other words a safe haven for illegals

I don't understand why people who break federal law like that and are now fugitives are given preferential treatment. Somehow I doubt they'd be as hospitable to someone who broke out of prison or robbed a bank. I'm not saying all illegal immigrants are bad people, but they still broke the law. It's almost like a slap to the face for people who come here the legal way and are damned by being lumped in with that crowd. I guess I can be more lenient with the children of illegal immigrants, they should be allowed to stay under strict stipulations.
  • Average white guy likes this

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

I don't understand why people who break federal law like that and are now fugitives are given preferential treatment. Somehow I doubt they'd be as hospitable to someone who broke out of prison or robbed a bank. I'm not saying all illegal immigrants are bad people, but they still broke the law. It's almost like a slap to the face for people who come here the legal way and are damned by being lumped in with that crowd. I guess I can be more lenient with the children of illegal immigrants, they should be allowed to stay under strict stipulations.

I can't agree with you more...

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

I shall revoke the throne, atop the stellar tree

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

Registered to vote and did.
http://blog.heritage...ay-with-voting/
https://www.ijreview...-have-to-leave/

You don't think that this doesn't 'buy' votes from sympathizers?
The Democratic party poll workers and ward healers aren't unknown for having the dead, illegals, and repeaters voting. Or, so it has been said. :)

Nor are the republicans so don't pretend that the same allegations aren't levelled at them too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users