Quantcast

» «
Photo

females and female characters

215 replies to this topic

Poll: Females and Female characters (259 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you a female?

1. Yes (50 votes [19.31%])

Percentage of vote: 19.31%

2. No (209 votes [80.69%])

Percentage of vote: 80.69%

If you are a female, what kind of character do you use?

1. Male (9 votes [3.47%])

Percentage of vote: 3.47%

2. Female (52 votes [20.08%])

Percentage of vote: 20.08%

3. Skip (198 votes [76.45%])

Percentage of vote: 76.45%

If you are a male, what kind of character do you use?

1. Male (142 votes [54.83%])

Percentage of vote: 54.83%

2. Female (62 votes [23.94%])

Percentage of vote: 23.94%

3. Skip (55 votes [21.24%])

Percentage of vote: 21.24%

Vote Guests cannot vote
BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

I need to bookmark this video for the monthly thread that brings it up.

We all have to put up with our unwanted monthly visitor. And I mean this thread.
Maybe thinking bad but is that a period joke?

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:08 PM

We all have to put up with our unwanted monthly visitor. And I mean this thread.

That was a slight of hand..   :D

See what he did there... lol

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:22 PM

That was a slight of hand..   :D

See what he did there... lol

Yes, that was a menstrual joke.

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:33 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 22 March 2014 - 11:45 PM.

in the words of bugs bunny, i only dress like a woman to prove that youre gay.

"Elmer packs fud."

• Malibu454 likes this

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

Gay Street Racer [RETIRED]

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:28 AM Edited by OriginalCharacter, 23 March 2014 - 02:30 AM.

played Tomb Raider? then you're gay apparently

Metroid? guess you're somehow a tranny

like Mirrors Edge? i guess that somehow means you like pretty pink dresses

Except in these examples playing as a female character is not optional like in GTAO.  I don't have an issue with dudes playing as girls, but tired of seeing this argument when it makes no sense.

you have the option to not buy it

my point remains valid due to this

7csc
  • 7csc

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:47 AM

I'm a female and i use both lol

• CrusherTroi likes this

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:36 AM

I got this msg about 20 minutes ago

image_zpsfbcc4669.jpg

&

Here was my reply

image_zps0c4bef81.jpg

• saintsrow, Malibu454, Sugar Free Nos and 2 others like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:38 AM

You can like Metroid or Tomb Raider for its story, and not the character, so you're forced to play as Samus and Lara against your will.  So your point is not valid because when you start up Tomb Raider it doesn't ask you if you want to play as Lara Croft or Larry Croft.

I love Gears of War but I f*cking hate Marcus Fenix, but I don't have the choice to play as anyone else.

• Xyn and CrusherTroi like this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:40 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 23 March 2014 - 06:40 AM.

Here was my reply

Did they reply back? :lol:

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:55 AM

Here was my reply

Did they reply back? :lol:

Nope

King S0lo
  • King S0lo

Don Dada

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:46 AM Edited by King S0lo, 23 March 2014 - 07:48 AM.

in the words of bugs bunny, i only dress like a woman to prove that youre gay.

"Elmer packs fud."

thank god the guy who put that on youtube didn't put one of his demented captions over the ending... making a gif of that later.

off-topic edit: suggest me a good free youtube downloader. but only if you post on-topic anyway. or just pm me.

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

You can like Metroid or Tomb Raider for its story, and not the character, so you're forced to play as Samus and Lara against your will.  So your point is not valid because when you start up Tomb Raider it doesn't ask you if you want to play as Lara Croft or Larry Croft.

I love Gears of War but I f*cking hate Marcus Fenix, but I don't have the choice to play as anyone else.

then that's you

it wasn't about stories, i don't even think many people (if anyone) went that deep into it

so from what i've seen, it's like buying Halo over Metroid, simply 'causemaster chief has a penis

or Uncharted over Tomb Raider

hell, even DMC 2013 over Metal Gear Rising, since new Dante is edgy and "cool", and the perfect personification of what a manly person should be compared to Raiden, simply because Raiden has a really feminine looking design.

sure all the games are decent imo (except DMC 2013, f*ck that one), but this sort of thing happens

and for the record, that last example actually has happened, a lot.

put simply, to a lot of people, it only boils down to what the character is, which is real shallow thinking.

dewtech_2008
  • dewtech_2008

Boldly going forwards, 'cause we can't find reverse

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

I had the "R U A Gurl?" message through XBL once, just the fact he would have seen my XBL profile (with my real first name "David") written on it. Not the brightest penny that one.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:28 PM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 23 March 2014 - 02:31 PM.

-snip-

That's not everyone though.  I highly doubt people pick Master Chief over Samus cause he's just a dude.  In GTAOnline you're completing the same exact tasks whether you're a guy or girl.  There is absolutely no significant difference in gameplay except for the cutscenes with Lamar and Trevor.  Playing as a girl doesn't give you an advantage like playing as certain female characters in a fighting game, or using Anya in Gears of War multiplayer because she's harder to shoot since she's a smaller target (hated that sh*t).  

It's 100% choice, unlike Tomb Raider where you HAVE to be Lara.  There's plenty of gamers like myself who play games for the story.  I hate Trevor yet I finished GTAV's campaign and all his missions. I didn't have the choice not to play as Trevor.  You're speaking like the amount of gamers who care about story is minuscule even though it's not, which is why I find the "Tomb Raider argument" to be extremely silly.  Only people who refuse to play games that they know have good stories, but because the protagonist is a girl, are people like ugotsmoked who are few and far between. 

• Xyn and Ermac. like this

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

-snip-

That's not everyone though.  I highly doubt people pick Master Chief over Samus cause he's just a dude.  In GTAOnline you're completing the same exact tasks whether you're a guy or girl.  There is absolutely no significant difference in gameplay except for the cutscenes with Lamar and Trevor.  Playing as a girl doesn't give you an advantage like playing as certain female characters in a fighting game, or using Anya in Gears of War multiplayer because she's harder to shoot since she's a smaller target (hated that sh*t).  

It's 100% choice, unlike Tomb Raider where you HAVE to be Lara.  There's plenty of gamers like myself who play games for the story.  I hate Trevor yet I finished GTAV's campaign and all his missions. I didn't have the choice not to play as Trevor.  You're speaking like the amount of gamers who care about story is minuscule even though it's not, which is why I find the "Tomb Raider argument" to be extremely silly.  Only people who refuse to play games that they know have good stories, but because the protagonist is a girl, are people like ugotsmoked who are few and far between. 

didn't say it was miniscule, but it happens a lot

and there ARE a lot of people that think playing as a female, in any video game, makes you less manly, somehow

i've got friends with this sort of mentality. "Oh, you got metroid? man that sh*t's for girls why didnt you just get halo or something"

and yes, they're serious. of course, i don't talk about anything video game related with them because they're the same kinds of people that think everyone should only play military shooters and sports games

basically, like in most other video games, gender in GTAO shouldn't matter, maybe someone just wanted some diversity, maybe they liked one of the clothing options better (skeleton hoodie in my case). but lots of people still let virtual genitalia get way into their heads.

Happy_Killstick
  • Happy_Killstick

Clumsy_Foxstick

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:50 PM

Why hasnt this been locked yet ?  :monocle:

It's full of racist and homophobic crap.........approved by the mods  or am i missing something ?  :dontgetit:

• CrusherTroi likes this

Nakura
  • Nakura

An optimist in a cynic's clothing

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:52 PM

Why hasnt this been locked yet ?  :monocle:

It's full of racist and homophobic crap.........approved by the mods  or am i missing something ?  :dontgetit:

It's GTA forums, what did you expect?

The posts are getting out of hand.

• CrusherTroi likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

and there ARE a lot of people that think playing as a female, in any video game, makes you less manly, somehow

i've got friends with this sort of mentality. "Oh, you got metroid? man that sh*t's for girls why didnt you just get halo or something"

and yes, they're serious. of course, i don't talk about anything video game related with them because they're the same kinds of people that think everyone should only play military shooters and sports games

basically, like in most other video games, gender in GTAO shouldn't matter, maybe someone just wanted some diversity, maybe they liked one of the clothing options better (skeleton hoodie in my case). but lots of people still let virtual genitalia get way into their heads.

You need better friends!  I don't have a single friend friend that thinks that way, lol.

Like I said, playing as either gender doesn't matter.  I'm on your side, I just think the Tomb Raider argument is silly, that's all.

OriginalCharacter
  • OriginalCharacter

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

You need better friends!  I don't have a single friend friend that thinks that way, lol.

Like I said, playing as either gender doesn't matter.  I'm on your side, I just think the Tomb Raider argument is silly, that's all.

they're alright people, just don't mention anything that involves a game controller around them  :catloaf:

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

logic of some people here: playing as a female character in a video game makes you gay and/or a transvestite

played Tomb Raider? then you're gay apparently

Metroid? guess you're somehow a tranny

like Mirrors Edge? i guess that somehow means you like pretty pink dresses

play fighting games? use female characters in them? i guess that means you want a sex change

you're gay unless you only play games consisting of nothing but generic testoserone warriors

games such as God of War, Gears of War, any generic military shooter, etc, consist of nothing but buff, muscular men and therefore you're one too if you play them

see how retarded this sounds?

Thanks for the statement.But Mr. "Black & White" will still call everyone a homosexual that doesn't like to play as "big and strong" men that use females like objects, like him...

:lol:

You're like the media. You've just gone away and twisted things up. I didn't necessarily call every single person that plays as the opposite gender a downright homosexual. What I said was that people that do play as the opposite gender have more friendly and homosexual emotions than people that don't do that sort of thing. You've also just made yourself to look chauvinist. Not all men treat females like objects. Even if they do, that is your reason to play as the opposite gender. And no, I don't treat females like objects. I respect them. Women can punch, kick and swear at me, and I still won't retaliate. Perhaps you experience that in Austria, or in your family, but I don't do that sort of thing. Actually, you are a transvestite, but in a video game. Atleast you have the most common to transvestites, so consider yourself lucky.  :lol: 

@ OriginalCharacter - You don't quite understand. GTA Online is incredibly realistic. Unlike several other video games, you have the choice to become a male or female, and to pick clothes. I'm sure about 95% of people that play GTA Online will make their characters look like themselves in real-life. With other games that force you to stay as one character, well that's the way the game was designed.

Actually,I said "big,strong men that use women like objects",I didn't say that you use women as objects,sorry about that.
Second,I had to look up what a "chauvinist" is,and I don't quite understand where I said that I,as a male,am something better than women,if wikipedia told me the right thing...

Jesus. 

Yes, you said "Big, strong men that use women like objects". Well, I'm a male/man, so you are talking about me. I represent men, so you are indeed speaking about me. I called you chauvinist because you've just said that men treat women like objects. So you are saying that ALL men treat women like objects, so you are taking the female side there and going against males. If you meant that SOME men treat women like objects, well, you never said that.

Well - This was quite fun. I enjoyed it. I'm not entirely bothered if people play as the opposite gender, it's just not my kind of thing.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:45 PM Edited by Malibu454, 23 March 2014 - 03:46 PM.

I had the "R U A Gurl?" message through XBL once, just the fact he would have seen my XBL profile (with my real first name "David") written on it. Not the brightest penny that one.

I got the same thing. !! I have a male avatar on my profile and my name is Dave too..
Maybe if your name was Pat or Frances it would make sense..

To the poster above. I can't read that script for sh*t on my phone..

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

Who cares, really?

You paid the money for the game. Or somebody bought it for you.

It's your game. Play it how you want, as a guy, as a girl, as a space alien for god's sake.

Anyone who has a problem with someone playing as the opposite gender in a game has sexuality problems of their own to figure out.

• Raylion, LahTigre, CrusherTroi and 1 other like this

D3tro1tDi3sl420
  • D3tro1tDi3sl420

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:24 AM

Tryin to recruit, some more chics in our crew, we are ALL adults, no kid policy. Bunch of fun & halarious guys and girls, most of us have gf, so u wont be hit on, possibly flirted with ( its in our nature lmao ) . We allways have people on , we arent huge but we arent small, ( tjat didnt sound right hahaha ) but we are a tight crew and you will never be bullied. Members will allways locate u and be jus around the corner, we all have mics. WE do everything u can do in gta ! Most of all we are respectful to our members regardless of sex. Sooooo if ur interested hmu on here or in game. GT Is the same as here ! Have a good nite . Hope to hear from ya ! Perfer 21 and older but 18 and up and mature!

http://socialclub.ro...ds_of_genocide_

J_Villasenor
  • J_Villasenor

☆ Legendary Cat ☆

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:13 AM

Not this again...

Clicked your sig.

10/10 would google again

I endorse this. I suggest that everyone reading this thread click the link in gear999's sig instead of contributing to what is inevitably going to devolve into a flame war.

To save the effort in clicking, and scrolling for the photo.

xSSaepISzThWPSF-556x313-noPad.jpg

Thank you gear999 for this marvelous photo.

• gear999 likes this

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

outskills anyone

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:15 AM

image_zpsfbcc4669.jpg

&

Here was my reply

image_zps0c4bef81.jpg

it would be worth to ask people whether they are girls or not just because of this kind of answers XD

CrusherTroi
  • CrusherTroi

BMW Fan

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:20 AM

Who cares, really?

You paid the money for the game. Or somebody bought it for you.

It's your game. Play it how you want, as a guy, as a girl, as a space alien for god's sake.

Anyone who has a problem with someone playing as the opposite gender in a game has sexuality problems of their own to figure out.

Exactly. That should be the conclusion of this thread. Please lock it.

LosSantosKing
  • LosSantosKing

Los Santos King

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:32 AM

Both, my primary is a black female, my secondary is a black male.

"black"

Does it really matter what colour you are?

Oh... im green btw  :alien:

fathergraywolf
  • fathergraywolf

Cheers

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:46 AM Edited by fathergraywolf, 26 March 2014 - 06:48 AM.

Female. Female. Don't care if a guy uses a female. Or female using guy. At the end of the day, you are not affected by what virtual gender one plays as. And their reason is their concern, not yours.

It's not rocket science

This person gets it.

PhDJ
  • PhDJ

Gunslinger

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:38 AM

Not enough options... I'm a male and use both.

This.

Vedvre
  • Vedvre

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:52 AM

Tryin to recruit, some more chics in our crew, we are ALL adults, no kid policy. Bunch of fun & halarious guys and girls, most of us have gf, so u wont be hit on, possibly flirted with ( its in our nature lmao ) . We allways have people on , we arent huge but we arent small, ( tjat didnt sound right hahaha ) but we are a tight crew and you will never be bullied. Members will allways locate u and be jus around the corner, we all have mics. WE do everything u can do in gta ! Most of all we are respectful to our members regardless of sex. Sooooo if ur interested hmu on here or in game. GT Is the same as here ! Have a good nite . Hope to hear from ya ! Perfer 21 and older but 18 and up and mature!

http://socialclub.ro...ds_of_genocide_

HalARious!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users