Quantcast

Jump to content

» «
Photo

who here went to a public server and found it empty?

21 replies to this topic
hugh750
  • hugh750

    JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

  • Members
  • Joined: 23 Oct 2008

#1

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

today i was finally able to log in to gtao and found out that the server was empty except for npc's and (jerk) cops and their jet powered cop cars, it was heaven. :inlove:

i didn't have to worry about other players trying to kill me, that time it belong to the cops and npc drivers (who cant drive).


Flyby29
  • Flyby29

    "Settle Down Captain Happy"

  • Members
  • Joined: 23 Nov 2012
  • None

#2

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

It gets really old after a while

L5B4LIF3
  • L5B4LIF3

    Veteran Fighter

  • Members
  • Joined: 05 Dec 2013
  • None

#3

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

yup it's called "Invite Only"

  • Grottesca, hei3enberg and backward_axis like this

OpTic DevilDog9
  • OpTic DevilDog9

    Advanced User

  • Members
  • Joined: 25 Dec 2013
  • United-States

#4

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:41 PM

#lag

Gallioni Pepperoni
  • Gallioni Pepperoni

    ≧◔◡◔≦

  • Members
  • Joined: 03 Mar 2014
  • Australia

#5

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:41 PM

OP=Lone wolf


Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

    9/9/14

  • Members
  • Joined: 23 Sep 2013
  • United-States

#6

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:45 PM

#lag

This. Ever since that hotfix where R* added the new info screens while loading the servers have turned into absolute bullsh*t and it's causing empty servers, system freezing and disconnects.


hugh750
  • hugh750

    JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

  • Members
  • Joined: 23 Oct 2008

#7

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:53 PM

 

#lag

This. Ever since that hotfix where R* added the new info screens while loading the servers have turned into absolute bullsh*t and it's causing empty servers, system freezing and disconnects.

 

yep and rockstar also needs to up the payouts in missions, since it's almost not worth playing them, reopen some of the popular hiding spots in survival like the rooftop in the boneyard.

yes i know i went off topic.


8up local
  • 8up local

    sharp as a marble

  • Members
  • Joined: 13 Jan 2014
  • United-States

#8

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

usually end up in an empty open lobby at least once a week since i started. never seems to take long before other players enter the lobby though. only a couple times did i end up being alone for over an hour before i finally switched lobbies to find other players.

 

yup it's called "Invite Only"

the OP is not talking about solo or invite silly.  :pp


codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

    Soldier

  • Members
  • Joined: 10 Dec 2013
  • North-Korea

#9

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:55 PM Edited by codename_duchess, 20 March 2014 - 08:55 PM.

That'll be due to the world famous empty soul of Los Santos


saintsrow
  • saintsrow

    GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

  • Members
  • Joined: 21 Sep 2006
  • None

#10

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:58 PM

I went to a public server and found it empty of intelligent life.  There were 15 other players however.  :p


PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

    gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

  • BUSTED!
  • Joined: 01 Oct 2013
  • United-States

#11

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

I went to a public server and found it empty of intelligent life.  There were 15 other players however.  :p

this describes every public server, except for maybe one or two.

Strange Town
  • Strange Town

    Strange Theme

  • Members
  • Joined: 12 Feb 2014
  • None

#12

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:48 PM

Lots of times. When it happens I make the most of it and I can travel freely


StewNorth
  • StewNorth

    Let's do it all over again, again.

  • Members
  • Joined: 27 Dec 2013
  • China

#13

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

Whatever floats you boat OP.

 

Personally I don't understand the point of invite only, even if you're playing with a few friends already. Best part of normal lobbies is the random chaos that comes with it. Besides, why play online if you're limiting your exposure to other players ? But hey like I said, if that what makes ya happy then knock yourself out,


RowanSane
  • RowanSane

    SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

  • Members
  • Joined: 23 Sep 2013
  • New-Zealand

#14

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:11 PM

usually end up in an empty open lobby at least once a week since i started. never seems to take long before other players enter the lobby though. only a couple times did i end up being alone for over an hour before i finally switched lobbies to find other players.
 

yup it's called "Invite Only"

the OP is not talking about solo or invite silly.  :pp
No, but the OP did describe it as heaven. Therefore they would probably enjoy invite only sessions too...

hugh750
  • hugh750

    JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

  • Members
  • Joined: 23 Oct 2008

#15

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:05 AM

 

usually end up in an empty open lobby at least once a week since i started. never seems to take long before other players enter the lobby though. only a couple times did i end up being alone for over an hour before i finally switched lobbies to find other players.
 

yup it's called "Invite Only"

the OP is not talking about solo or invite silly.  :pp
No, but the OP did describe it as heaven. Therefore they would probably enjoy invite only sessions too...

 

i like being with other random players just not player killers who kill you for no reason or tank griefers.

  • saintsrow likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

    GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

  • Members
  • Joined: 21 Sep 2006
  • None

#16

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:34 AM Edited by saintsrow, 21 March 2014 - 07:09 AM.

 

i like being with other random players just not player killers who kill you for no reason or tank griefers.

 

This is the crux of the whole issue.  There is no need for people to make it complicated.  You can't join a public lobby without getting killed by some asshole for no reason. 

 

Now, here is the unfortunate math that explains why every lobby has at least one sh*tbag who will kill you just for being a white dot: 

 

-- Probability of a given player being a white dot stalking / killing sh*tbag:  75% (i.e., 3/4 of all players) or another way to say it is that the probability of any given player not killing me on sight is 25% or 0.25.  We know this is true from long GTA0 experience.  Actually, we would be fortunate if the situation were this good. 

 

-- Number of players in full public lobby besides me:  15

 

-- Probability of all players in the lobby not killing me = 0.25^15 = 9.31x10^-10 = 0.000000000931

 

-- Therefore, the probability of being in a full public lobby and being killed by an asshole = 1 - 0.000000000931 = 0.999999999069 = 99.9999999069%  :/

 

This is the mathematical reason why GTA0 free mode sucks.  :colgate:

  • hugh750 likes this

hugh750
  • hugh750

    JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

  • Members
  • Joined: 23 Oct 2008

#17

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:12 AM Edited by hugh750, 21 March 2014 - 07:13 AM.

 

 

i like being with other random players just not player killers who kill you for no reason or tank griefers.

 

This is the crux of the whole issue.  There is no need for people to make it complicated.  You can't join a public lobby without getting getting killed by some asshole for no reason. 

 

Now, here is the unfortunate math that explains why every lobby has at least one sh*tbag who will kill you just for being a white dot: 

 

-- Probability of a given player being a white dot stalking / killing sh*tbag:  75% (i.e., 3/4 of all players) or another way to say it is that the probability of any given player not killing me on sight is 25% or 0.25.  We know this is true from long GTA0 experience.  Actually, we would be fortunate if the situation were this good. 

 

-- Number of players in full public lobby besides me:  15

 

-- Probability of all players in the lobby not killing me = 0.25^15 = 9.31x10^-10 = 0.000000000931

 

-- Therefore, the probability of being in a full public lobby and being killed by an asshole = 1 - 0.000000000931 = 0.999999999069 = 99.9999999069%  :/

 

This is the mathematical reason why GTA0 free mode sucks.  :colgate:

 

the only real reasons i kill another player in freeroam is: 1. i see a white dot getting way too close to me and it makes me nervous because he will most likely shoot me.

2. he shot and killed me for no reason and i'm getting back at him.

3. there has been a few times where i fought with another player over a car that simeon wanted (i admit to being at fault for that). :lol:


madmanaz
  • madmanaz

    Li'l G Loc

  • Members
  • Joined: 22 Sep 2013
  • United-States

#18

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:28 AM

I'm constantly joining servers with 0-5 people. I always search for a new session and it'll be a full one.

am30
  • am30

    Born British, raised British, staying British, sod independence

  • Members
  • Joined: 30 Oct 2013
  • United-Kingdom

#19

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:27 AM

I get this all the time.  I'll join a full lobby only to end up being the only one left.


CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

    Glitcher In 12 Step Program

  • Members
  • Joined: 21 Sep 2013
  • Unknown

#20

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:31 AM

for a couple weeks everytime i log into gtao, i land either in a empty lobby where no one ever joins or a server with 3-5 players.

i keep switching til i find one with atleast 10 victims i mean players!

jwyleski
  • jwyleski

    has evolved!

  • Members
  • Joined: 28 Sep 2013
  • Philippines

#21

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

Whatever floats you boat OP.
 
Personally I don't understand the point of invite only, even if you're playing with a few friends already. Best part of normal lobbies is the random chaos that comes with it. Besides, why play online if you're limiting your exposure to other players ? But hey like I said, if that what makes ya happy then knock yourself out,


I've always hated being riddled with bullets as soon as I respawned following a mission when ur health is low and no body armor or when ur trying to deposit ur earnings into ur account, after which the assassin would be miles away by the time u could respawn and issue some payback. This made the game "not fun" for me. Hence invite only for the past 3 months. So far I am liking it more than public servers. My kdr b4 going into invite only exclusively was 3.28, by the way.

Zepren
  • Zepren

    Worldbreaker

  • Angels of Death MC
  • Joined: 18 Sep 2013
  • Scotland

#22

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:54 AM

I had a weird moment on GTA 5 where only female pedestrians were spawning. We literally went on a quest to find a dude. It took us about half an hour of looking but we found him...

0_0.jpg

The mystical "only man".... And then he freaked out and we had to kill him....

0_0.jpg

True story bro.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users