Quantcast

» «
Photo

Heist Creator discussion

80 replies to this topic

Poll: Heist Creator (163 member(s) have cast votes)

What options would you like to see be configurable in Heist Creator?

1. Total value of Heist (90 votes [10.37%])

Percentage of vote: 10.37%

2. Placement of Money Bags (105 votes [12.10%])

Percentage of vote: 12.10%

3. Safe house location (113 votes [13.02%])

Percentage of vote: 13.02%

4. Police on/off (48 votes [5.53%])

Percentage of vote: 5.53%

5. Traffic on/off (50 votes [5.76%])

Percentage of vote: 5.76%

6. Guards on/off (49 votes [5.65%])

Percentage of vote: 5.65%

7. Weapons forced (66 votes [7.60%])

Percentage of vote: 7.60%

8. Number of players (100 votes [11.52%])

Percentage of vote: 11.52%

9. Time limit (77 votes [8.87%])

Percentage of vote: 8.87%

10. Ability to replay (85 votes [9.79%])

Percentage of vote: 9.79%

11. RP value (65 votes [7.49%])

Percentage of vote: 7.49%

12. Other (please explain) (20 votes [2.30%])

Percentage of vote: 2.30%

Which optional steps should be in the Heist Creator?

1. Hacking the keypad (119 votes [17.92%])

Percentage of vote: 17.92%

2. Blowing the roof off and stealing the entire vault with a cargobob or Sabre (108 votes [16.27%])

Percentage of vote: 16.27%

3. Escaping via heli (117 votes [17.62%])

Percentage of vote: 17.62%

4. Escaping through subway system (117 votes [17.62%])

Percentage of vote: 17.62%

5. Escaping via boat (107 votes [16.11%])

Percentage of vote: 16.11%

6. Using a tank or fighter jet (73 votes [10.99%])

Percentage of vote: 10.99%

7. Other (explain) (23 votes [3.46%])

Percentage of vote: 3.46%

What do you want the value of the Heist to be?

1. $50,000 and 10,000 RP (20 votes [12.27%])

Percentage of vote: 12.27%

2. $100,000 and 15,000 RP (27 votes [16.56%])

Percentage of vote: 16.56%

3. $250,000 and 20,000 RP (37 votes [22.70%])

Percentage of vote: 22.70%

4. $500,000 and 25,000 RP (16 votes [9.82%])

Percentage of vote: 9.82%

5. $1 million and 50,000 RP (63 votes [38.65%])

Percentage of vote: 38.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote
scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:32 PM

What is your opinion on what should/should not be in the Heist Creator?

Let's use this thread for comments, questions and suggestions.

What do you think should be configurable?

• Heist details (name, photo, # of players, time limit, etc.)
  • The total value of the heist, say from $25,000 to $1 million (or $5m?)
  • The placement of money bags throughout the bank
  • The option to require the vault keypad hack (on/off)
  • Cops on or off
  • Guards on or off
  • Traffic on or off
  • Weapons forced or not
  • The particular bank (Pacific Standard, FLEECA, etc.)
  • The safe house location
  • Replay on/off
  • RP value for successful heist
  • Other

HP1Cq0m.jpg

Configuring the details of the Heist

The basics would probably stay the same, but perhaps that is configurable as well?

1. Go to the bank
  2. Get to the vault (if there are guards or the alarm is tripped the LSPD would be there)
  3. Hack the keypad
  4. Steal the money
  5. Escape the bank (more LSPD and guards by this time)
  6. Drive to the safe house

WXIsUK6.jpg

Placing cash bags throughout the bank.

What other possible options would there be for this? e.g. you must use a Frogger to escape, cargobob to steal the entire bank vault after you blow the roof off, etc.

Thoughts, suggestions, questions? Provide a description of how you would design a heist and how it would play out. I will update the main post as things progress.

GTA-V-Heist.jpg

12nbSRW.png

Maybe there needs to be a feature that how many miles/feet you drive the higher the payout goes. Of course you'll have a 5 star, but maybe something like for each successful mile getaway, it adds another $500k to the heist amount.

• PG. likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:49 PM Edited by scubadave, 21 April 2014 - 08:50 PM.

Okay now that we have more details on how they are modifying creator, capture and extrapolating that to what the Heist Creator would be given the above screens, it would probably make sense that Heist Creator WILL NOT have an unlmited bank or an unlimited number of times you could do a heist.

that does not really answer the question of how many players on the heist. ideas???

jwyleski
  • jwyleski

has evolved!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

Has anyone else noticed the Robert Dazzler international jewelry exchange building on the street after u make the left turn to deliver the documents to Madrazo (rooftop rumble)?

Daniel123Shaw123
  • Daniel123Shaw123

Some Random

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

Love how everyone picked one million, that would make missions useless then...

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:33 AM

Has anyone else noticed the Robert Dazzler international jewelry exchange building on the street after u make the left turn to deliver the documents to Madrazo (rooftop rumble)?

no but probably going to be on Heist Creator, so good eye.

Love how everyone picked one million, that would make missions useless then...

you probably will need to do missions to get enough JP to a do a Heist, maybe something like 500JP and u can start a heist.

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

After midnight, we're gonna let it all hang down.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:01 AM Edited by Tabula Rasa, 22 April 2014 - 05:17 AM.

Hi there.tumblr_mbmimhJBzt1rv13mvo1_500.gif

First of all let me prefix this post by saying: I am really interested to see how job points come into play.

Interesting discussion topic SCUBADAVE!  I think if there is a creator there will be some obvious limitations in terms of payouts.  In terms of design, we can only speculate but I imagine it wouldn't be very different from the supposed mission creator if it were conceived.   

Below are my personal speculations.

I would love to get your opinion on them if and Only if you are interested ScubaD.  However anyone's opinion is welcome.

Will heist's have a restart function if you fail?

Feel free to add your opinion here with a quote.

My opinion: I would prefer they don't thus adding greater risk/reward to spending job points on bigger heists with greater payouts; making smaller, cheaper, easier heists the safer choice.

How many heists will there be?

My Opinion: I am hoping there are at least ten, all greatly divided by their price in job points.  This will sustain a small measure of progression, so that bottom feeders have options as well. Big dogs will roll heavy and deep if they manage to make efficient use of their job points.

Do Heists need to be difficult?

My Opinion: Yes.

Will there even be a ("-->>heist<<--") creator?

My opinion: No.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

PSA

If your eyes hurt after reading this post please pay careful attention to this PSA, and follow this link for further instructions.

This post has been made more suitable for the vision impaired.

• scubadave, Special Agent 25 and U_deadyet21 like this

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:49 AM

there is a custom bank heist in gta online (on xbox 360 i don't know if it's on ps3 or not) it's called "pacific bank heist" it's fun but brutal not only do you have to deal with cops and fib, you also have to deal with the opposing team.

• Niyologist and scubadave like this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:14 PM

Hi there.tumblr_mbmimhJBzt1rv13mvo1_500.gif

First of all let me prefix this post by saying: I am really interested to see how job points come into play.

Interesting discussion topic SCUBADAVE!  I think if there is a creator there will be some obvious limitations in terms of payouts.  In terms of design, we can only speculate but I imagine it wouldn't be very different from the supposed mission creator if it were conceived.   

Below are my personal speculations.

I would love to get your opinion on them if and Only if you are interested ScubaD.  However anyone's opinion is welcome.

Will heist's have a restart function if you fail?

LIKE UR IDEAS ABOUT THE JP POINTS BEING NON-REFUNDABLE. U are basically gambling hard earned JP (maybe 500JP for the big heists) and if u f-up, too bad... so u have a choice, go for the small heist but sure thing, or the big score

My opinion: I would prefer they don't thus adding greater risk/reward to spending job points on bigger heists with greater payouts; making smaller, cheaper, easier heists the safer choice.

How many heists will there be?

REALLY SHOULD B UNLMITED.... i mean with the heist creator we can create (community-created) different heists...... and yes, maybe different tiers. have to complete 100JP heists firsts. after 10 sucessful Tier1 heists, u can do Tier 2 heists, but still it will cost u 200JP...........

My Opinion: I am hoping there are at least ten, all greatly divided by their price in job points.  This will sustain a small measure of progression, so that bottom feeders have options as well. Big dogs will roll heavy and deep if they manage to make efficient use of their job points.

Do Heists need to be difficult?

Need to be difficult and payout goes up with difficulty.

My Opinion: Yes.

Will there even be a ("-->>heist<<--") creator?

YES. YES. otherwise heists will be boring.

My opinion: No.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

PSA

If your eyes hurt after reading this post please pay careful attention to this PSA, and follow this link for further instructions.

This post has been made more suitable for the vision impaired.

• Tabula Rasa likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:25 AM

this thread is heating up. do we need to cap the payout on self-created heists to perhaps $5 million per heist?

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

It's a Massacromance

• Members
  • Australia
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:30 AM

this thread is heating up. do we need to cap the payout on self-created heists to perhaps $5 million per heist?

I reckon the game should calculate the payout.

So we don't have people making a Cops off, replay On, Easy heist for 1 mil that takes 2 minutes to complete.

If the game did it based on location, difficulty and crew members then it would alleviate the possibility of people taking advantage.

• scubadave likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:38 AM

I reckon the game should calculate the payout.

So we don't have people making a Cops off, replay On, Easy heist for 1 mil that takes 2 minutes to complete.

If the game did it based on location, difficulty and crew members then it would alleviate the possibility of people taking advantage.

I always thought that was a good idea. Maybe use sliders, or a points system or just a black box calculation, but you can vary the following:

cops on/off

distance to the hideout

use a car/heli/jet/tank/boat etc

how many stages (hack the keypad, level the bank, steal the vault by towing it, airlift it, etc. go to point a (hideout) drop off the money, escape to point b (rendezvous, etc.)

basically it would add to the $$$ payout. like you said, an easy heist with a short distance to the hideout would be $1m. if you had to hit two banks or more and escape to sandyshores, $10million.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:57 AM

do heist payouts need to be increased in light of the recent money glitches? would LSC issues be a non-issue if heists at least were able to payout $1m-$2m each and then the creator allowed you to adjust from $1m to $5m (based on your rank and # of people participating in heist)

Skeever
  • Skeever

Gone... for now

• Members
  • United-States
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:08 AM

Lol, "Ocean's 69".

Yes, heists must pay out hundreds of millions of dollars, there is no other way!

garvdart
  • garvdart

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:20 AM

The way you've presented it makes it seem like a terrible idea. People would just abuse the sh*t out of it. Heists with no enemy resistance and high payouts would be all you could find, which completely defeats the purpose of heisting (<--doesn't even seem like a real word even though it is).

Exactly.

And I think the best/only real way to have a heist creator and then have created heists come out balanced, is some sort of points duality between positive and negative features of the heist.

So let's say for example, you have a bunch of settings and options that add or subtract points depending on what they do. And to be able to publish a created heist, you have to fall within a certain range of points. Making a high payout would push you outside of this allowed-to-be-published-range so you would have to find an effect that would subtract points (like say higher wanted level upon leaving the bank, tougher security, whatever) and bring it down back to that range so you can publish it.

This would be the only way too make it viable, though cops off isn't really a good option, and traffic off would require a fee too Lester too hack the traffic grid traffic is still there but the intersection lights favor you.

We need mission creator first.
  • scubadave likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:44 AM

The way you've presented it makes it seem like a terrible idea. People would just abuse the sh*t out of it. Heists with no enemy resistance and high payouts would be all you could find, which completely defeats the purpose of heisting (<--doesn't even seem like a real word even though it is).

Exactly.

And I think the best/only real way to have a heist creator and then have created heists come out balanced, is some sort of points duality between positive and negative features of the heist.

So let's say for example, you have a bunch of settings and options that add or subtract points depending on what they do. And to be able to publish a created heist, you have to fall within a certain range of points. Making a high payout would push you outside of this allowed-to-be-published-range so you would have to find an effect that would subtract points (like say higher wanted level upon leaving the bank, tougher security, whatever) and bring it down back to that range so you can publish it.

This would be the only way too make it viable, though cops off isn't really a good option, and traffic off would require a fee too Lester too hack the traffic grid traffic is still there but the intersection lights favor you.

I'd say just everything costs money OR the payout of the heist goes down. So you could play with Cops level 5 or something where everything including the national guard comes after you and you'd get 100%. each level down is 20% less payout, etc. so level 1 would be 80% less or even as low as a few million.

distance to safe house, type of escape vehicle, all change payout structure.

Lol, "Ocean's 69".

Yes, heists must pay out hundreds of millions of dollars, there is no other way!

hey i'm all for it, but some people are having problems with it.

• Skeever likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:04 AM

probably just going to add everything up until the version 14 document that everybody added there wishlist too. if you added anything after that version, it will just have to go into the next round of suggestions. unless somebody has a REAL big issue with this, let me know.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:59 AM

would it make more sense to have the Heist Creator just use a base money value that goes up during the heist due to completing parts/stages or the # of people you have working with you???

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:09 PM

Would it make sense to put the aircraft carrier/jet portion of heist creator under the getaway area (along with the rest of the vehicles) or is it a "special case" meaning the entire jet portion should be a full section of the Heist Creator, not just another vehicle/transport type. Perhaps stealing the jet is not just to get transport but also part of the stolen goods (which would fall under an entirely different section in Heist Creator).

• mareepx likes this

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:13 PM

Exactly.

Maybe cops off, but military on? That could be a +10% modifier or something. Hacking the traffic pattern... that's a great idea. Pay Lester.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 23 January 2015 - 06:32 PM

Another possible parameter during Heist Creation should be the Target. yes, we've only discussed hitting the banks or jewelry stores, but in reality, why can't we just do apartments, houses (manziel's), airports (cargo from the planes), boats in the docks, warehouses (product), etc. What I'm saying is if we are doing Heist Creator, don't just limit us to a few targets like the banks. But virtually anything could be a target, given what is being stolen. Is it just money and jewels? No. It could be anything. Get creative and that's where HC comes in.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:11 PM

Just an update... it looks like there will be a lot more environment objects available during Heist Creation. So, think the cargo containers, vehicles, platforms, etc.... CAN be used to construct interior and exterior portions of your Heist...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users