Defensible places with a bounty

206 replies to this topic
am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

In a submarine....playing The Beatles: Yellow Submarine over the mic on repeat until the bounty is over.
marty_feldman_512_zpse4f0b3d8.jpg

What's that got to do with Marty Feldman?

LordVukodlak
  • LordVukodlak

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:02 PM Edited by LordVukodlak, 22 March 2014 - 03:03 PM.

There's a little island towards the top left of the map. On the island is a little hut with one entrance. I've hidden and brapped fools in there before whilst defending a bounty. It worked OK.

That's fine until someone circles around from the back then tosses a stick through the front door.

If they get close enough to toss a sticky through the front door then they're close enough to get machined gun to the face. Given its position on the ocean even approaching the island would be difficult, it has steep cliffs except for one inlet allowing someone with a sniper rifle to easily down the pilot of any incoming boat or chopper. The shack isn't even necessary to maintain a defense position from that island The only good way in is a high altitude parachute drop while off the radar. But even then they'll likely see the plane coming and be ready for you. 

With all that ocean the opportunity to counter-snip is nil.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

SWANKNESS_11

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

By the way, tear gas works in a lot of the scenarios above. It has an  area of effect that doesn't necessarily respect doors/walls...

But +1 for a counter-wall-glitchers thread.

• 8up local likes this

Twin Turbo
  • Twin Turbo

I blacked out my tail lights so they work less

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

0_0.jpg

IAA building. Very few people know about it and lots of people will think you're either on the roof or at the base of the building. I had one person find me in a helicopter and I shot him down and he kept coming back with more helicopters. I don't think he knew how to get inside. It's a very safe place and it even has a safe invisible room at the end of one of the hallways that stops bullets and other projectiles that you can walk through. Usually you can go AFK for the entire time and no one will find you.

MISO_STONY
  • MISO_STONY

Hay Plater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

I just drive straight for my crew mates and start insulting their mothers.

KiTTYReCkless
  • KiTTYReCkless

CEO of Wal-Mart

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:50 PM Edited by KiTTYReCkless, 22 March 2014 - 03:50 PM.

I haven't gotten a bounty in almost four weeks because I know how to use passive. But the next time I do and I'm in a pub I think I'll hide in the warehouse where Trevor tortured that guy in SP. There is only one spot to glitch in at and if someone is right below it won't work. Can also sit in the foggy dark corner with an RPG or leave a sticky for them when they spawn in.

Oh, and there is also Micheal's house. Good luck getting me in there. ^u^

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

SWANKNESS_11

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

Thread title should have been 'defensible places for a bounty if you want to play the game rather than fap in a wallhack and think you're clever"

• am30, ~TKP~, Surak and 1 other like this

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

I haven't gotten a bounty in almost four weeks because I know how to use passive. But the next time I do and I'm in a pub I think I'll hide in the warehouse where Trevor tortured that guy in SP. There is only one spot to glitch in at and if someone is right below it won't work. Can also sit in the foggy dark corner with an RPG or leave a sticky for them when they spawn in.

Or you could just hide in a legitimate place without wall glitching.....

• Mr.Nedich and 8up local like this

KiTTYReCkless
  • KiTTYReCkless

CEO of Wal-Mart

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

Or you could just hide in a legitimate place without wall glitching.....

Meh! I'll just stick to  not having bounties in general.

Also the Warehouse is a spawn glitch. lol

Don Maximus Meridius
  • Don Maximus Meridius

Basterds Boss

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

FIB Tower and Humane Lab interiors.

• LL Cool L likes this

Jondemaister
  • Jondemaister

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

Invite only session if i have like 9000 bounty... mostly i just play if someone kills me... who cares.

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:36 PM

In a submarine....playing The Beatles: Yellow Submarine over the mic on repeat until the bounty is over.marty_feldman_512_zpse4f0b3d8.jpg

What's that got to do with Marty Feldman?

That's the look on my face the whole time.

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

I am happy

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:46 PM

I will never tell, then it wont be safe. 

• LL Cool L likes this

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:08 PM Edited by Flexx, 24 March 2014 - 02:43 AM.

favorite defensible places once a bounty is on your head?????

Don't really have a "defensible place". Sounds weak, but my favorite way to escape a bounty is in my PV. Always moving.

Escaping a bounty is also when off the radar is at its best use for me.

When someone is chasing me down the highway, I go off radar, u-turn into the opposite direction of traffic and drive right past them. Its funny how they never think it suspicious that the red dot disappears an all of a sudden a wine red coquette or midnight blue elegy with custom tires speeds right past them opposite a traffic. Players have literally just kept driving straight until I reappear on the map behind them. That's what happens when you rely on the white dot system too much.

• 8up local likes this

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:22 PM

Don't really have a "defensible place", sounds weak, but my favorite way to escape a bounty is in my PV. Always moving.

When someone is chasing me down the highway, I go off radar, u-turn into the opposite direction of traffic and drive right past them. Its funny how they never think it suspicious that the red dot disappears an than all of a sudden a wine red coquette or midnight blue elegy with custom wheels speeds right past them opposite a traffic. Players have literally just kept driving straight until I reappear on the map behind them. That's what happens when you rely on the white dot system too much.

When you're doing that, you should sticky them when they go past you, just to make them rage more

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:45 PM Edited by Flexx, 24 March 2014 - 02:42 AM.

Don't really have a "defensible place". Sounds weak, but my favorite way to escape a bounty is in my PV. Always moving.

When someone is chasing me down the highway, I go off radar, u-turn into the opposite direction of traffic and drive right past them. Its funny how they never think it suspicious that the red dot disappears an all of a sudden a wine red coquette or midnight blue elegy with custom tires speeds right past them opposite a traffic. Players have literally just kept driving straight until I reappear on the map behind them. That's what happens when you rely on the white dot system too much.

When you're doing that, you should sticky them when they go past you, just to make them rage more

I've probably done that before. Been plenty of bounties put on me. Ironically, only ever actually survived one though because I get tired of driving around the whole time.

I eventually just stop an have shootouts in the middle of the street. Do well until 2-3 more hunters decide to join in on the claim.

kyennamo
  • kyennamo

Akroma

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:46 AM

I spent the past year with a bounty on my head to set up the kill box. Its what i do :) My partner ALWAYS bounties me. So i know some nice spots. And it seems no matter how much i read online noone else talks about them. But please, continue to share :D

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• The Connection
  • United-States
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:49 AM

I know a great place.

I'll give you a hint. It is only on new gen.
  • LL Cool L likes this

Always_A_Medic
  • Always_A_Medic

Car Enthusiast

• Members
  • Faroes

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:58 AM

I know a great place.

Abandoned mine?
  • Based God Cali likes this

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

retired heist lord

• Members
  • Belgium
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:00 AM

i just drive around, dont want to get cornered though a good place is the bank uptown of ls

Chloroform
  • Chloroform

Smell this

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:01 AM

Wtf leave old threads in the past.

JackIrish
  • JackIrish

Private Contractor/ Security Consultant/ Soldier Of Fortune

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:09 AM

I hide out at the NOOSE HQ or Mount Chillard, its remote area with heaps of secret spots. . 

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• The Connection
  • United-States
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:12 AM

I know a great place.

Abandoned mine?

Yes. Perfect place. Many people don't know about it. It's very dark and has several passage ways. Easy to set up prox. Mines.

I've survived 2 bounties today in there.
  • gtafan26 likes this

asilcenk
  • asilcenk

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:21 AM

Who needs hiding, it is fun to kill people who comes to me for the bounty :)

Instead of hiding and not fighting for your bounty, just go to invite only when you have bounty, at the end of the day you will survive from bounty and has little money from armored trucks and Simeons car.

TheGoodSgtScooter
  • TheGoodSgtScooter

Vote freedom, vote Scooter. Current mayor of Paleto Bay.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:24 AM Edited by TheGoodSgtScooter, 30 December 2014 - 07:24 AM.

I like the old mine, and the factories in Paleto Bay.

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

Super Homie - Baddie

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:29 AM Edited by LL Cool L, 30 December 2014 - 07:29 AM.

get 5 friends

go to the airport underground train station in a full lobby

wait for the train

put high bounties on each other once boarded 

kill any1 that comes near.......very fun game

RAZORFACEJONES
  • RAZORFACEJONES

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:52 AM

Call a cab and have him drive you as far away from the other players as possible. If you think anyone is coming your way, go off the radar. Doesn't always work but it has worked before for me.

xRainin Bullets
  • xRainin Bullets

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:29 AM

It's okay let the scrubs on last gen have their glitches. They don't do much. Especially when you can snipe them out or let your friend sticky bomb passive mode them. Simple. No where to hide.

UKPortista
  • UKPortista

Homeboy

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:28 AM

At the moment I just walk out of my apartment and take the bullet. I don't need that extra baggage whilst hunting Special Crates.

However, once normal life resumes in Los Santos it will be back to cat & mouse evasive maneuvers....

RebelWithoutAPause
  • RebelWithoutAPause

überberechtigt

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:39 AM

Metro tunnels and off radar/sticky bombs/proximity mines/heavy sniper are always good for a laugh...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users