Photo

Tank vs Vestra!

53 replies to this topic
wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

I have both.  Both are good for different reasons, and given that they are for totally different situations, I don't think you can really compare the two.  I guess it boils down to what out of the vehicle, and which you would use more often.  If you only use the plane to jump out of, you might get more use out of the tank.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:25 PM

Is the gate glitch the one where it launches you up very high? Do you need a tank to do that?

mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

Whichever you think would use most. 

TexasToast712
  • TexasToast712

BBW Lover

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:34 PM

Vestra is easily maneuverable and fast and makes a great kamikaze troll vehicle.

It cant fly Upside Down. That Sucks..

None of them can fly upside down. They all start heading to the ground. You dont have to fly upside down to kamikaze anyway.

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:44 PM Edited by ChillerVapes, 20 March 2014 - 09:46 PM.

Is the gate glitch the one where it launches you up very high? Do you need a tank to do that?

To reach the upper atmosphere and or fly to the edge of the earth then yes.

When you do it right, it wrecks the tank. Any other vehicle will just blow up where as the tank doesn't kill you when it dies.

I have free fallen for over 10 min doing it before lol
  • CenMan likes this

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

More Dakka Is Never Enough

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:53 PM Edited by JohnGazman, 20 March 2014 - 09:54 PM.

The Buzzard would be better against a Rhino Tank because of it's ability to hover over the tank and shoot rpgs while being out of the tank's range.

That's a great theory, but it doesn't hold up. Bearing in mind it only takes one shot from the Rhino to destroy a Buzzard, and they move surprisingly quick when they need to. Buzzard needs to score a ton of hits and given it's sh*tty missile guidance system, I don't imagine it's much use unless you really know what you're doing. Unlike the tank, which is pretty much a "what it says on the tin" deal.

OP, buy a Vestra. If you buy a Tank, I guarantee you'll be griefing people with it inside of five minutes. The temptation will just be too great.

Aero Dynamo
  • Aero Dynamo

A Happy Guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

The Buzzard would be better against a Rhino Tank because of it's ability to hover over the tank and shoot rpgs while being out of the tank's range.

OP, buy a Vestra. If you buy a Tank, I guarantee you'll be griefing people with it inside of five minutes. The temptation will just be too great.

I mainly will use the Tank for Missions and to Hangout With Crew Members in Freemode. I don't really think I will Troll Around...

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:25 AM

You can buy a tank without trolling, lol.

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

I Have A Beard

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:27 AM

Have owned a tank since the billionaire days and not once have I brought it out to troll, only to kill police enmasse or to counter a tank griefer.

Vestra is amazing though, so I understand how difficult this decision is!

CRRRUNK
  • CRRRUNK

ButtonToucher

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:32 AM

I have had the tank for a while and only just bought the Vestra. I would say the tank serves more of a purpose overall while the vestra will be more fun overall.
If you play more in free roam fighting randos, then tank.
Enjoy doing your own thing. Vestra.

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll / IGN hunter

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:15 AM Edited by Sky_Light12, 21 March 2014 - 06:16 AM.

Tank. Just so you can do the gate glitch.
It's the only reason I have been leveling up... I got it taken off me due to one of the updates but I want it back so I can fly into the unknown

don't use gate Glitch . just stick the rhino's cannon to barrack OL's back vertically launch you , when it does then '' I came '' to the barrack OL dildoed by tank's cannon

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

9/9/14

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:17 AM

OH HAI GUYS SHOULD I BUY A DOG OR A BIRD?

Cat

...cat people

• captainhowdy22 likes this

captainhowdy22
  • captainhowdy22

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:18 AM

OH HAI GUYS SHOULD I BUY A DOG OR A BIRD?

Cat

...cat people

The fukks that supposed to mean?
  • GTA-Freak-Vi likes this

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

Bonkers

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:19 AM

...cat people

Do I hear a pet war incoming?!

• Franceska likes this

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

Cheater Hater

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:44 PM

Tanks in Online mode can almost only be countered with other tanks, so it would be smart to get your own one... in case someone wants to grief you, you can grief him instead.

If you want to parachute, you could go to the airport and get yourself a Luxor instead of a Vestra, a tank is quite unique ... so if you're short on money, I can only give you the advice of buying your own tank.

However, you could save some more money and buy the Buzzard... GREAT for missions. But since you only asked for our opinion on the tank vs. Vestra, I vote for the tank.

I don't know but I never got even hit by a Buzzard while tanking. Even a jet never hit me, but I took down hundreds of choppers and about 30 jets.

They are just flies that are annoying, but not lethal at all for the tank :/

I meant the co-pilot's camera rockets. The Buzzard could only hover over the tank and the co pilot could shoot under. The Buzzard isn't good against tanks if it doesn't have a co pilot. Laser are better if their pilot is experienced and knows that the miniguns are better than the rockets.

But yeah Buzzards are probably easy to take down if they don't know how to use it. Inexperienced Laser pilots often crash themselves so it's even easier.

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

Tanks in Online mode can almost only be countered with other tanks, so it would be smart to get your own one... in case someone wants to grief you, you can grief him instead.

If you want to parachute, you could go to the airport and get yourself a Luxor instead of a Vestra, a tank is quite unique ... so if you're short on money, I can only give you the advice of buying your own tank.

However, you could save some more money and buy the Buzzard... GREAT for missions. But since you only asked for our opinion on the tank vs. Vestra, I vote for the tank.

I don't know but I never got even hit by a Buzzard while tanking. Even a jet never hit me, but I took down hundreds of choppers and about 30 jets.
They are just flies that are annoying, but not lethal at all for the tank :/

That's why if I find a tank annoying people and being a c*nt I get one of my crew members to use the buzzards camera and I can sit directly above the tank and it can't get me but the buzzard rips the tank apart in about 5 shots

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

Vestra is easily maneuverable and fast and makes a great kamikaze troll vehicle.

It cant fly Upside Down. That Sucks..

None of them can fly upside down. They all start heading to the ground. You dont have to fly upside down to kamikaze anyway.

The Mallard is great upside down. I've even landed it upside down! :D And the Lazer doesn't even know when it's upside down - oh, Earth above me? Whatever. Carry on. :)
  • Aero Dynamo likes this

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:27 AM

I only flew my Vestra once but it's temporarily awesome! It has incredible agility but totally can't bank with its belly on the inside. For example, if you're upside down, you're going straight to the ground. If Rockstar makes an (armed or unarmed) vehicle as agile as the Lazer, I won't be interested in the Vestra anymore.

And the tanks pretty cool. I went from Sandy Shores to LS shooting cops and avoiding shooting players. A few cars blew up against me along the way and after getting close to LS, some child in another tank finishes me off then says "it's okay now guys, I got him." >.< what?

Driving a tank in the game is like being communist.  You MUST BE STOPPED AT ALL COSTS

commies ? you're must be obessed gorgon moorehead rise again , prick !

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

I only flew my Vestra once but it's temporarily awesome! It has incredible agility but totally can't bank with its belly on the inside. For example, if you're upside down, you're going straight to the ground. If Rockstar makes an (armed or unarmed) vehicle as agile as the Lazer, I won't be interested in the Vestra anymore.

And the tanks pretty cool. I went from Sandy Shores to LS shooting cops and avoiding shooting players. A few cars blew up against me along the way and after getting close to LS, some child in another tank finishes me off then says "it's okay now guys, I got him." >.< what?

Driving a tank in the game is like being communist.  You MUST BE STOPPED AT ALL COSTS

Um... lol?

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:47 AM

Um... lol?

all u had to do was enter passive mode and hides near indescturctible trees or indestructible poles ( this prevent the tank running over u )

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:51 AM

The Vestra is useless.  I bought it and called it up once.  What are you going to do with a Vestra anyway?  All you can do is fly around.  It cant even fly upside down properly.  Just buy the tank.

Winning001
  • Winning001

Join the cool people. Set it to North Korea today!

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:53 AM

Tank. I have both though.
I like the vestra except for the facts that it is a 2 seater and it cannot fly upside down like the Mallard or Mahatmas 

KeeNer187
  • KeeNer187

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:01 AM

Get a buzzard

NeilNATO
  • NeilNATO

100% GTA Die hard Fan

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:24 AM Edited by NeilNATO, 23 March 2014 - 07:26 AM.

I also have both,and i have taken out a twanker with my vestra just by flying into it with same effects as a titan.

Also i don't have to call pegasus for my tank, i can spawn it where ever i want with coloured tyre smoke and a bit more speed :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users