Quantcast

» «
Photo

Assassin's Creed: Unity

710 replies to this topic
Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*ckerís always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

I'm talking about all the npc's. The protagonist doesn't talk once, so I wasn't obviously talking about him. Jesus Christ...

Read what I said again. I wasn't talking about the protagonist specifically.

Cult Of Personality
  • Cult Of Personality

=A=

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

Graphics aside, since everyone is jumping on the Watch Dogs downgrade bandwagon, it looks pretty good. 

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

I'm talking about all the npc's. The protagonist doesn't talk once, so I wasn't obviously talking about him. Jesus Christ...

Read what I said again. I wasn't talking about the protagonist specifically.

Yeah, I edited it. My bad.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

We're born with nothing and we die alone

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

I thought Assassin's Creed Unity looked pretty cool. I just hope that it's interesting and doesn't turn out to be another AC: Revelations or AC III

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

That was nice, reminds me to the goold old times of Assassins Creed. I hope the control are not so dumbed down like they were in AC III (and I guess IV) where everthing felt so automated and therefore boring. Let's hope the AI is polished as well.

I don't trust Ubisoft anymore, I will wait until this one comes out as I'm sure they might fool us again, as they've been doing for a while now...

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

THIS GAME LOOKS BADASS!!!

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

Looked really good.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:19 PM

For those who didn't see it yet.

It looks great.But I hope that Coop won't be mandatory and it will be different campaign,like in FC3. 

Jvaz615
  • Jvaz615

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:20 PM

Game looks awesome. Seems it's going back to the roots of the brotherhood. I can't wait.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

Why wasn't anyone speaking French also?

Why would they be speaking French? The person in the animus/doing their thing will be an English speaking individual, so it adjusts accordingly.

That's lame. That kills the immersion.

There was an option to switch to Italian language in AC2 and AC Brotherhood,at least in versions I bought.But even that was weird becouse it switched also modern part of the game on Italian,so Desmond and Lucy were also speak italian all the time.So maybe it will be in Unity possibility to switch to French.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:21 PM

This actually looked good. The interiors are GORGEUOUS! Plus the setting and story sound very interesting. Ubisoft have listened to us! :O

We still don't know anything about the story yet, you poser.

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

Hehehe

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:20 PM

Sure would be fun if that's how gameplay would work in co op, but 9 times out of 10, it'll devolve into an all out bum rush to the target with no team work involved.
  • Hodgey. likes this

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:55 PM

I think India and the Indian history ( which spans a few thousand years ) is absolutely ripe for an AC game. I don't even seeing being requested as much as say, feudal China. 

C'mon, the Indian history is varied as heck! :)

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:58 PM Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, 09 June 2014 - 10:00 PM.

Why wasn't anyone speaking French also?

Why would they be speaking French? The person in the animus/doing their thing will be an English speaking individual, so it adjusts accordingly.

That's lame. That kills the immersion.

That's how it's always been. It made even less sense for a bunch of Syrians in the 12th century to speak English. Anyway, they pretty much explained in AC II that the Animus automatically changed all the voices to English, and added subtitles for Desmond when they spoke Italian. If you don't like it, change the in-game language to French.

EDIT: Not quite on subject, but I've never understood how Desmond controlled the Animus. Did he actually control Altair/Ezio/Connor's movements and spoke, or did he just see their lives through their eyes? Does anyone know for sure?

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:04 PM

This actually looked good. The interiors are GORGEUOUS! Plus the setting and story sound very interesting. Ubisoft have listened to us! :O

We still don't know anything about the story yet, you poser.

It's based on the french revolution, you "poser". So........yeah.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:05 AM Edited by Hodgey., 10 June 2014 - 12:05 AM.

Sure would be fun if that's how gameplay would work in co op, but 9 times out of 10, it'll devolve into an all out bum rush to the target with no team work involved.

Wait.... so you're saying strangers cant play sensibly together :die:

Hopefully you can still play this game solo as I like to play through games at my own pace and do missions my own way.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:21 AM Edited by The Yokel, 10 June 2014 - 12:22 AM.

So just like with Rainbow Six and The Division this year and Watch_Dogs, Black Flag and Far Cry 3 in the past, Ubisoft is trying to sell us some bullsh*t that won't be nearly as good as they want us to believe? Say it ain't so!

God damn it, this year's E3 made me into a f*ckin' cynic in one day. I hate AAA publishers.

• ROCKGTASTAR likes this

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:04 AM

I feel like these games would be a lot better if they just got rid of the modern day universe. I always hated when it switched back to the modern day. Screw that. I want to stay immersed in the historical setting.

• Doland J. Trump likes this

Doland J. Trump
  • Doland J. Trump

#MakeAmericaGreatAgain

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:36 AM Edited by AndrewDeSanta, 10 June 2014 - 05:47 AM.

Get rid of the animus and kill what's his face and just have the historical setting. This AC actually looks good though, looking forward to it. Haven't enjoyed an AC game since II.

• OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick likes this

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

• BUSTED!
  • European-Union

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:39 AM

Finally, another great Assassin's Creed game. I'm excited to see what co-op mode has to offer. So far, the game environment, setting, graphics & gameplay seems really great from what we saw in E3.

YukiEiri
  • YukiEiri

l33t nekkid skillz...

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:51 AM

Well, hopefully they wont drop the ball as badly as they did with US revolution in AC3.
I'm still butthurt about that. And have not finished the game. :p

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:27 AM

This game looks more "Assassins Creed" to me. The cathedrals and the overall appearance reminds me heavily of the original. Which is a good thing on every level.

This time though, I want the game to be centered more around the Creed, or the Assassins Order. I want to see a hierarchy of Assassins, and the game to be full of references on the history of the Assassins. What I hated with 3 and Black Flag was that their wasn't much emphasis on the order, more a case of "well you're an Assassin now" and that was that.

I would like a story that lets you start at the bottom of the order and work you way up to master Assassin. But when you reach the rank of master, have it actually mean something. For example an outfit that is only available at that level, abilities and weapons that only unlock upon hitting that rank. Then chuck in a few missions that require a lot of strategy, and actually make you think about what you are doing.

• Finite likes this

Peregrin Brandytook
  • Peregrin Brandytook

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:29 PM Edited by Witchking Of Angmar, 10 June 2014 - 12:46 PM.

that guy was still moving at the end?  :blink:

LiveApk25
  • LiveApk25

Big Mouth Prick

• Members

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

I don't know why but Name Arno always reminds me of Arnold Schwarzenegger

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:11 PM

Everything looked orgasmic. Definitely one of the games I'm most excited for. Glad it looks like we're going to be getting some more interiors. Since there were barely any interiors in AC IV.

Only thing I hope Ubisoft works on is the AI. A lot of dumb AI in those videos.

Peregrin Brandytook
  • Peregrin Brandytook

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

i'm curious to know how this parkour button works.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:38 PM

Cinematic trailer:

Singleplayer demo:

Meet Arno:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaZeo4dt1Co

Exclusive mission info:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTDNH26c6bk

PM-ME-YOUR-TITS-GIRL
  • PM-ME-YOUR-TITS-GIRL

Dr. Roofy McTouchy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:41 PM Edited by Dark Bordeus, 13 June 2014 - 09:44 PM.

I am genuinely concerned about this:

http://www.change.or...=share_petition

If a petition like this came out during pre-release of GTA V, and people complained that MFT were all male...R* would have said "screw you guys!" and just ignored the whole thing.

Ubisoft is not Rockstar. They cannot give a "f*ck you" to the press and just move on. They are politically correct chaps. What if they delay the game to add in a female character? That would piss me off. October can't come soon enough, I have always been rough on the AC series but this game looks incredible and just what I wanted.

I honestly don't care about the female thing. I am not a "to hell with women characters" but I'm also not "put a woman character or boycott!!"....the main thing irking me is the potential delay this could cause. I wan this game in my hands ASAP.

I will rage if Ubi releases a statement saying "we are delaying ACU to February 2015 to give us time to write more women into the game..."

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:53 PM

Well,they could just include Aveline in a storyline and solve the problem. But they should't just include females or miorities just for sake of it.The best way should be to release this game as it is and next one have female protagonist from beginning,like Shao-Jun in 15th century China. And Ubi are oviously not racists,I mean first protagonist in AC series was Arab fighting White Crusaders and Templars,and it was released back in 2007,in the middle of Iraq and Afghan wars.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users