Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:18 AM

Oh Ubisoft, you really don't want my money anymore do you? :/

Eris
  • Eris

Look back and laugh

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:34 AM

Finally they make a game set during the French Revolution. 

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:43 AM

Maybe we will see a cameo from a much older Conner?

Only if he gets shot in the head the moment you see him. The worst AC protagonist in the series.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:14 PM

Only if he gets shot in the head the moment you see him. The worst AC protagonist in the series.

I'd agree, but the rest where pretty strong protags that have overshadowed Connor. I think that is why more people tend to dislike Connor.

Cylan
  • Cylan

High-Functioning Sociopath

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

Because Connor would be the exact same character that we last saw in AC3 and totally deserves to be killed.

• Finite likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

About the whole yearly release thing: I don't think it will make the series go to sh*t. But obviously, if they actually spent more time on it, this game could have been a huge hit. I'm positively sure that almost no new gameplay mechanics will be present here.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:05 PM Edited by The Yokel, 20 March 2014 - 01:06 PM.

I'd agree, but the rest where pretty strong protags that have overshadowed Connor. I think that is why more people tend to dislike Connor.

I used to dislike Connor until I saw this:

I can't believe Ubisoft cut that out of the game.

• Adler likes this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

Again, if this game is to come out this year, why does this look even worse than the last gen AC games?

[...]A yearly release does not mean a sh*t game.

But it pretty much limits the potential the game could have.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

Again, if this game is to come out this year, why does this look even worse than the last gen AC games?

Why does it? It's not like they start creating the new game in December and release it in November the following year. Each game takes years to make.

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

Not really. no. Plus the amount of development time doesn't equal how good a game can be. Case in point, Duke Nukem Forever. Or Spore. Or a lot of other games that were delayed and turned out to be disappointments.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

Not really. no. Plus the amount of development time doesn't equal how good a game can be. Case in point, Duke Nukem Forever. Or Spore. Or a lot of other games that were delayed and turned out to be disappointments.

Duke Nukem Forever is a bad example. That game had a f*cked up development, and so much delays I can't even count. I'm just simply saying that if they would give some time to themselves, this could turn out much better.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Then perhaps we shall start a revolution of our own

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:44 PM Edited by SFPD officer, 20 March 2014 - 02:44 PM.

That broken Assassin symbol and the title "Unity" got me thinking...

Maybe we're in for an Assassin civil war. Ever since AC III, Ubisoft likes to show us that Assassins and Templars aren't much different and all Assassins weren't good people either. What if we'll get extremist Assassins who take things too far? Broken order, with brothers fighting each other over which road to take? After all, real life French Revolution ended with in-fighting and Reign of Terror.

Anyway, to be honest, I'd like to see another "bad guy" assassin like Edward. I've grown to like villain protagonists like him (he redeemed himself in the end, but he was a d*ck through most of the game) or GTA V's Michael and Trevor. I could imagine a character who would be sort of an Anti-Connor to star in a game I pitched above. I wouldn't need to relate to him or approve of his motives and methods. They just need to write him well, like they did with Edward. Even though he was a bastard, I still liked him and rooted for him.

• Hodgey. and Th3MaN1 like this

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:00 PM Edited by SoftTouch, 20 March 2014 - 08:00 PM.

What the f*** ? This looks like AC III in a city.

Damn it, I thought Ubi wouldn't be like this. I guess I was wrong.

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

I love how people are judging what appears to be very early screenshots of the game and are saying that it's clearly going to be terrible based on the fact that there's buildings and a protagonist. People just don't give things a chance anymore.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

What the f*** ? This looks like AC III in a city.

Damn it, I thought Ubi wouldn't be like this. I guess I was wrong.

We have no information about this game so I dont know what you are complaining about.

You knew it was going to be in a place with buildings and knew it would have atleast one protag and so far that is all we have seen and know. I dont get how you can be disappointed yet.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

Okay, so a title for next gen and a title for current gen? Okay, I'm starting to feel better.  I thought they were going to go the MGS route, which has killed that franchise for forever now. I don't want a "small version" to get me hard, and then I end up having blue balls for the next year waiting on the "bigger version" to come out. Sorry MGS guys, they are just jerking you around

Finally, we need to start separating theses titles between gen's instead of having the same game for all gens. It is only making there work harder on there end. As well as downgrading so current gen. can keep up. Kinda like how Watch Dogs struggled. They should have just kept it Next Gen. only. They would have made a ton of money only going that route, (just think of WD Next Gen Console bundle, it would sell well) but they got this bright idea that current gen was not actually dying yet but we all know what happens when a new gen comes out. The old one starts to die. Sorry for the rant. I'm just tired of waiting for curr. gen to die off so the game people can consentrate only on what the future holds and not what the past has already done.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:10 PM

yearly release is bad.

Look at other open world games.

GTA = 5 years since the new era
Saints Row = 2-3 Years
Mafia = probably the same as GTA ( MAFIA 3 is very likely when readint the latest hints )

God bless this comment.and yeah Prototype and Uncharted should be included.I didnt like SR3/4 but that 2-3 years is great and should be that way same with GTA's 5 years cycle.

Uncharted is a like Saints Row , 2 - 3 years of development . Prototype is like GTA , 5 years of development .

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:31 PM Edited by Frantz Fuchs, 21 March 2014 - 03:36 PM.

Assassin's Creed: White Flag 

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:39 PM Edited by iNero, 21 March 2014 - 03:39 PM.

Edit: beaten

Firefly8000
  • Firefly8000

The Harwood Butcher

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

So apparently that's in-game footage. Ubisoft will have a tough time convincing people of that after the whole Watch Dogs debacle.

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

u don goof'd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

The visuals look phenomenal and that's a pre-alpha video. If only it stays the same at launch :/, kinda hopeful cuz that's next gen only.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

Looks good really. I'm skeptical myself too. Really not sure if thats on next gen or they are lying again and it's being shown off on a PC.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

Edit: beaten

Nice video. Thumbs up

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

If they pull a Watch Dogs on this I'll cut their head off. As long as they give us some fresh gameplay, it will be good.

• Adler likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:46 PM

That short video does look noce graphically but it's still too early for me to get to excited by it.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

its suspicous that the screens look not nearly as good. Plus the leaks from earlier this month:

- set in paris and england (london?)
- main characters name is arno/harno something. will be heading the french divison of assassins.
- looks to be set after the ezio period, character had handgun.
- looks like victorian era judging by the way npc dressed, architecture, horse carriages parked on the streets.
- Villa management is back. MC has his own villa (guy says its ezio's villa from AC:B ). dunno if it makes any sense geographically or it might be a mistranslation.
- codename is AC:unity. Not final title, might be battle/fight something (cant remember). The AC logo is cut in the middle like the beyond/quantum break logo.
- MC has a blue suit with a tinge of red in the clip(might change). looked similar to the ones worn by the Knights in order 1886.
- from the clip it looks like a cross gen title. Although the guy tells me its next gen only title.
- Visually looked quiet decent but it was ver early footage. Had fantastic draw distance and crowd density was much higher than the older games despite them appearing/disappearing from thin air.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=779705

I mean, how would they improve it that much in less than a month? The build he saw might be an older one, but still. The differences are huge. And as its Next Gen only, noone can say "its probably from old gen"

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( ´-`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

If they pull a Watch Dogs on this I'll cut their head off.

Heyyoooo!
  • Raavi likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

it looked alright but i'm not really interested in it, AC 2 was my favourite 360 but the series has become boring and repetitive, it feels like the same game every time with minor improvements. I was hoping ubisoft would just drop assassins creed and make other games with historical settings and instead of having the same gameplay focus on what fits the game and setting (eg. if its japan focus on sword combat and samurai stuff, if its in egypt do egypt sh*t) and have a new story for each game, I'm f*cking sick of assassin's vs templars and pieces of eden. 

Finite
  • Finite

Solitude

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

I'd say that the leaked images are more than likely from the 360/PS3 game, and not the PS4/X-1/PC version.

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

The footage is not even in-game, it looks like CGI or heavily polished version of in-game footage. Or a really high end PC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users