Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

Two AC games in one year?   :bored:

Ubi should focus on WD first. They should also take a break from releasing an AC game every year (or two, for this year anyway), and release one every two or three years instead.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:22 PM Edited by DlZZEE, 19 March 2014 - 08:22 PM.

Right now AC Unity kind of looks like Assassins Creed 1, am I not the only one who thinks that?

Not sure why would you think that but it looks nothing like AC1.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

Once again, ACIV came out came out one year after ACIII, and is widely considered a good game, so the anti-annual release rhetoric is not valid.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

I don't give a sh*t what you think, yearly releases should not be supported. They are doing 2 games in a row now, in the same f*cking time period. Go suck their dicks. Ubisoft is officially the new Apple.

If I want to buy a game then I'm going to buy a game. If you dont agree with that then that's your choice but dont go around saying people shouldn't do something because you dont agree with it.

Like The Yokel said the only game that I wasn't to keen on was AC 3 but I still liked the story aspect and could/should of been better.

That's not what I was saying. I said stop supporting a disgusting company who release games annually, and now Ubisoft decided to release two AC games in the same time period. AC is a sh*t series now. Therefore if you are agreeing with what they are doing, it's people like you that's helping them to milk their games.

AC is a sh*t series? I really liked AC IV: Black Flag (probably my favourite in the series so far) so just because you think the series is sh*t doesn't mean that I do or other people do.

• Peregrin Brandytook likes this

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

I see it's the same people spewing the usual crap again. Seriously, if any of the Assassin's Creed games are someone's go to idea for a bad game, then they're either delusional or just don't have an expansive knowledge or taste in games. Aside from III, which despite some bugs and pacing issues in the story still isn't a terrible game, Ubisoft have always been consistent with the quality that they've released when it comes to the series. Although ACII is my favourite, Brotherhood, Revelations were still both awesome games despite being released only a year after their predecessors. Black Flag even more so.

And besides, it's not as though it's solely Ubi Montreal working on the games, Ubi have studios around the world who all chip in and play their part with development. 

As for the argument of annual releases hurting the series, well that's just rubbish. The fact that there's huge demand for these games and they get consistently high ratings beg to differ. 

• darthYENIK and Peregrin Brandytook like this

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

I really thought Ac3 was fun to be honest. I had a awesome time playing the new combat system and the story was incredible. The homestead missions were awesome as well and it made we feel like I was raising my own village from the ground up. 

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

xcruoevhlkasv5krr0sz.png

ejqhpkhsm7oa7dy5e2fq.png

w85dltilitcpzetoeqvh.png

• Dяno likes this

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

Beautiful, simply amazing and I wonder who the next protag is related too.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:20 PM

Beautiful, simply amazing and I wonder who the next protag is related too.

I'd guess that they will go down the same route that they did with AC IV: Black Flag.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:20 PM

Right now AC Unity kind of looks like Assassins Creed 1, am I not the only one who thinks that?

Not sure why would you think that but it looks nothing like AC1.

Not sure if "looks" is the correct term, but the screen shots give me a certain vibe about it. Maybe the building and structures, I have no idea. Graphics though do look amazing :p

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:30 PM

Judging by the setting (18th century France) I'm guessing Ubisoft will return to the more familiar version of the Assassin Brotherhood. A more organized version. I'd love to play as a real Assassin who cares deepely about the order again.

• AznDragon89 likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:32 PM

Judging by the setting (18th century France) I'm guessing Ubisoft will return to the more familiar version of the Assassin Brotherhood. A more organized version. I'd love to play as a real Assassin who cares deepely about the order again.

I agree that in terms of story it would make more sense if they went back to the more familiar route, although I think the way AC IV: Black Flag was done was a nice break from the usual storyline.

• Peregrin Brandytook and Dяno like this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:37 PM

If the story has in depth focus and gameplay like Brotherhood, then I can say it will be a very good game. I loved BH. Anything like Revelations or anything after that, no.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

I haven't really played any of those games, and I'm already full of them. That's just not right. As for that Paris setting, it's easily one of the most generic, bland settings they could come up with. I guess they keep them ancient Egypts, feudal Japans and Indias (the more atmospheric places) for a rough future. Unity is predictably going to gain a lot of hate, unless they add some interesting fresh gameplay ideas to that, but who am I kidding?

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:59 PM

I haven't really played any of those games, and I'm already full of them. That's just not right. As for that Paris setting, it's easily one of the most generic, bland settings they could come up with. I guess they keep them ancient Egypts, feudal Japans and Indias (the more atmospheric places) for a rough future. Unity is predictably going to gain a lot of hate, unless they add some interesting fresh gameplay ideas to that, but who am I kidding?

You havent played any AC game and then you judge them?

And tell me a game which uses the french revolution as setting. Or even takes place in paris...

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:10 PM

Personally I'm all up for it, the only time I regretted owning an AC game was when they overhyped the hell out of III and it ended up being the worst game I've played all year.

I still haven't touched ACIV for more than 2 hours since I got it as a gift in December but will definitely try and keep playing it, judging by most gamers and reviewers it was a better game then III so I'm sure Ubisoft won't disappoint again, hopefully.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:15 PM

I don't need to play them to know they're one of the most overused game series on this planet.

There's freaking lots of games set in Paris, but that's not the case - the setting looks absolutely boring, especially in comparison with ACII's Venezia or ACIV tropics. People are going to hate it.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:26 PM

I don't need to play them to know they're one of the most overused game series on this planet.

There's freaking lots of games set in Paris, but that's not the case - the setting looks absolutely boring, especially in comparison with ACII's Venezia or ACIV tropics. People are going to hate it.

People were asking for French Revolution for years you silly sausage.

• darthYENIK likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:30 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 19 March 2014 - 11:35 PM.

A remake of 1999's London 1969 is BETTER than two AC games in 2014...Jk :) but tbh like i said before this young franchise have been milked to death by B**BISOFT,i hope they can take their time and make a better AC game (like AC2) and not the same graphics and gameplay used over and over and over and over again lol :).

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:32 PM

Well, I didn't think I was ever gonna say this again but GOOD, Ubisoft, good. It was about time to go back to the old good Europe, now I just hope they don't screw this up as is been usual for the last 4 or so AC games...

But it's Ubisoft.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:46 PM

Again, if this game is to come out this year, why does this look even worse than the last gen AC games?

sh*t optimization once again? Or just a sad, shoddy downgrade?

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:51 PM Edited by Raavi, 19 March 2014 - 11:52 PM.

I don't give two sh*ts about that yearly release or not bullsh*t.

I love Paris, those shots look great, I'm glad they went back to their roots. I'll buy it.

• Failure, Hodgey., DlZZEE and 1 other like this

ZB 512
  • ZB 512

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:52 PM Edited by ZB 512, 19 March 2014 - 11:53 PM.

The French Revolution will be a great setting.   Maybe we will see a cameo from a much older Conner?

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:58 PM

Again, if this game is to come out this year, why does this look even worse than the last gen AC games?

sh*t optimization once again? Or just a sad, shoddy downgrade?

Or alpha build. Jesus Christ the game hasn't even been officially announced yet.

• Hodgey. and Raavi like this

Cylan
  • Cylan

High-Functioning Sociopath

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:09 AM

The first comment I want to make is that I'm happy with the new lead character's design. Like...Altair/Ezio had an excuse for their white hoods. The actual assassin sect wanted to stand out (and usually died in the course of their first mission, historically) while Ezio's appearance was no more gaudy than any other upper class nobleman in the Renaissance. At least Connor's hood was a dirty white and Edward was on the high seas where stories about a man's appearance were probably sketchy. Anyways, I like how this new assassin looks like he'll be able to blend in to the environment.

I'm kind of skeptical about the two game approach but I guess two different studios are working on them anyway. I hope they at least tie in together some way. All we need now is a leaked Comet screenshot showing Connor or Haytham and my idea from the other AC thread will have come true. :D

JonnyVercetti
  • JonnyVercetti

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:24 AM

cool stuff! I have loved every assasins creed game! (AC3 not so much).

I hope we are an actual assassin this time though like Altair from AC1.

AC2 we was just a man who seemed revenge and sort of accidentally joined a group of assassins who we're trying to kill the same people as him. AC3 was just to kill people who killed your family & friends. and AC4 you just take an assassins outfit and you're more skilled than Altair and ezio while sailing the seas.

My opinion is the story should involve more of the actual assasin brotherhood - the creed! every main game since AC1 should of just been called 'Man who seeks revenge wearing assassin robes'.
  • AznDragon89 likes this

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:26 AM

Unity, Fraternity, Equality. I get it now :p

Game looks the same as the last 2 ACs, just different location

AC4(PS4 VERSION) doesn't even look like this.

dcbc08cqhxtspmtpiiag.png
tiqke0prxcukw3r7v3if.png

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:43 AM

Anybody else notice the 'Parkour Up' and 'Parkour Down' controls?

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:13 AM

Because it's not done yet? Seriously the game looks like it's still in heavy development. Most AC games come out at the end of October or early November. They still have a good amount of time. And knowing you, you are probably looking for reasons to hate this game, cause it's a yearly release. There has only been one bad AC game, and that was 3. Black Flag pretty much fixed all of the problems and added a lot more to the AC formula. With it being a great f*cking game. A yearly release does not mean a sh*t game.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:01 AM

The French Revolution will be a great setting.   Maybe we will see a cameo from a much older Conner?

Either that or a possibly on his death bed adewale from ac4, It was mentioned some where he traveled to France for something

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users