» «
Photo

Editing a .Net.DLL script

6 replies to this topic
rogierv
  • rogierv

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:33 PM Edited by rogierv, 19 March 2014 - 02:37 PM.

Hello,

First of all i have to say i am a real rookie in the scripting world and i have no knowledge about C++ in any way.

I am trying to edit some simple lines in a .net.DLL script ( the LC fire rescue script). For some reason it won't let me change the code (as i said i have no experience in coding whatsoever).

I managed to open the script with .Net reflector:

Spoiler

Now i am trying to edit the LCFireRescue.cs, the following words in this script "M_Y_Pmedic" which is 11 times in the script has to be replaced with "M_Y_Strooper" :

Spoiler

If someone could help me with this or explain me how to edit this, would be awesome!

this is the  .net.DLL i try to edit: http://www.multiupload.nl/6EEK8QADYO

Thank you!

LordOfTheBongs
  • LordOfTheBongs

Deceased

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:12 AM

no point in editing that code since it wont run in gta, first add the scripthookdotnet to .net reflector, then have it generate the code, then copy it all to notepad and save as a .cs file... that's it, make whatever edit u want but if u dont know c# ur gonna have issues if u run into errors, google is there and everything u could want to know about c# is on google, that's how i learned

stef538
  • stef538

It's just me, going 88 MPH.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:33 AM

You shouldn't be doing this, i don't think people will like it when you browse their source, edit something and release it as your own...

LordOfTheBongs
  • LordOfTheBongs

Deceased

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

You shouldn't be doing this, i don't think people will like it when you browse their source, edit something and release it as your own...

people also shouldnt be modding gta then

anyways u can mod whatever u like on your computer just dont release it somewhere and claim u wrote it

feel free to edit whatever u like on your own computer... if the scripter is worried about his source then he wouldnt use .net or he would at least obfuscate it

Ricebox
  • Ricebox

Mommy

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:19 AM

no point in editing that code since it wont run in gta, first add the scripthookdotnet to .net reflector, then have it generate the code, then copy it all to notepad and save as a .cs file... that's it, make whatever edit u want but if u dont know c# ur gonna have issues if u run into errors, google is there and everything u could want to know about c# is on google, that's how i learned

How exactly would I go about doing that? Like, adding scripthook to a .net reflector (and also where to obtain it.)

LordOfTheBongs
  • LordOfTheBongs

Deceased

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:58 AM Edited by LordOfTheBongs, 22 March 2014 - 03:02 AM.

yeah just add the shdn like u would any dll, im sure google can point u to a dl link

i use ilspy though instead of .net reflector, i like it better

Ricebox
  • Ricebox

Mommy

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

Still a bit confused, would I just go up to File>Open and then select ScriptHook.dll? And how would I go about generating the code from that?

*I'm a complete noob, I'm so f*cking sorry.*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users