Your opinion on NSFW profile pictures and signatures

104 replies to this topic
Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:53 PM

Meh, I don't have a problem with it, But as of Late it seems Ass and Titties are everywhere, I'm not saying get rid of them, but holy hell, Tone the ass and titties down a bit.

lol. 

THE GHETTO JEZUS
  • THE GHETTO JEZUS

Tape Is Love, Tape Is Life

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

I can imagine 'THE GHETTO JEZUS' is unconfident around women, has never even kissed another person, let alone slept with one, hence his display picture and signature are sadly, pathetic pictures of suggestible women.

Just because I have those kinds of avatar / signature doesn't mean I've never been sexual with a girl before. You don't know me and I don't know you as well, we you are the guy with the nasty tongue. But yea, I've did stuff with a girl before and I enjoyed it quite frankly very much. Plus if you don't want to see if just block it or just when you see me posted something just skip me. For all we know maybe you've never slept around with a girl or let alone kissed a girl. Maybe you're doing this because you're pissed off that you've never did anything with a girl and you just want to get rid of your frustrations at me  :ph34r:
You sound like those angry 13 year olds that yell 'you don't know my story' every time someone calls them out for something.
Well maybe I am like one of those angry 13 year olds. But I made that post right when I woke up and I don't understand what I even wrote down. But now that I'm wide awake, if you don't want to see my sig and avatar just block it, simple as that. Also I'm not sure why you want to know if I'm sexually active or not.

Failure
  • Failure

My life has no meaning

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:06 PM Edited by elanman, 19 March 2014 - 09:12 PM.

Signatures/avatars like those give me the impression you for some reason feel the need to convince me of your sexuality, and I think they're annoying, especially the animated ones. They might not be nude, but if you happen to browse the forum in public or if a family member walks in on you they might as well be. :p

"No, it's not mine, and no, it really IS a gaming forum!"

I hadn't really noticed the signature-ignoring feature before though. I'm guessing you could also use some sort of ad-block to block those images.

If you don't like the sigs/avatars, just disable images before browsing the forums. All mobile browsers have this as a standard option, and presumably the case is the same with desktop browsers.

Barely legal: I don't think it's fair to make deductions about someone's experience with the opposite sex based on their signature alone.

• THE GHETTO JEZUS likes this

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:39 PM Edited by gnad.1992, 19 March 2014 - 10:40 PM.

The ghetto jezus is one of the very few members here with boobs/bootys gifs that I have nothing against. He is a cool bro here imo and he doesn't post bullsh*t all the time like some asshats from the gtao section.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:56 PM

Didn't bother me back when it was a "new" thing around here, but I noticed that around the time the "likes/respect" system was added people started doing it just to get horny guys all over their page and spam like their posts.

THE GHETTO JEZUS
  • THE GHETTO JEZUS

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:15 AM

The ghetto jezus is one of the very few members here with boobs/bootys gifs that I have nothing against. He is a cool bro here imo and he doesn't post bullsh*t all the time like some asshats from the gtao section.

After visiting the Online section I know how you feel about the crap they post, I feel ya. And all I see there is booty and ass gifs but more crazier than mine, like this one guy has his avatar of this girl twerking. Oh yea thanks that you think I'm cool and yea. 

• gnad.1992 likes this

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:28 AM

Meh.. I just scroll past, it's not distracting at all. I think it would only be a problem if you caught yourself unable to scroll past & you become so enticed by such luscious booty gifs. lolololol.

• 018361, RiaJay21 and THE GHETTO JEZUS like this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

if people are allowed to have ass and titty signatures I should be able to have a violent one.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:20 AM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 20 March 2014 - 10:28 AM.

It's upsets people and makes others happy.  I was going to change my avatar to a Ryan Godsexy Reynolds gif until I saw how butthurt Kracus and gnad are getting.

Your tears are delicious

Ryan-Reynolds-Smile.gif

LOL'ed extremely hard at the likes and profile views thing.  I don't need a booty gif avatar for everyone to think I'm awesome :p

Didn't realize GTA Forums was Youtube.  Please smack that like button on my post and subscribe for more content.

• Edwin and Insert-Coin-To-Continue like this

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

Someone traveled from the gtao section to the gen chat

Oh God

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

Oh God

bebd31eb_5046091402_029de93f24.jpeg

It's a forum avatar.  Get over it.  You're talking bad about people who frequent the Online section, yet you're whining like most of the people in the online section, lol.

• WBaker likes this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

To be honest, some of them are a bit tasteless. Like it just makes people seem desperate horny little boys who've never been with a real woman. Gifs that are just a hair away from showing pussy lips or nipples are probably the worst and full on objectification, and I'd probably speak for all the girls here that those with them would be considered less gentlemanly. It's not that the pictures themselves are bad ( ;)) it's just the act of wearing them gives off that impression.

But then again, you can't really expect anything different out of a community where teenage and young adult males are the majority.  This is a forum for an 'adult' game after all, so it's expected and sexual imagery doesn't bother me at all. It's not against our rules, so I don't care. 

If you're worried about other people seeing it, just don't browse in public, or get a browser extension to block all images. 

I don't know whether to congratulate the pun, or take this as an insinuation that images of bush get a pass on the rule book.

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:54 AM

Oh God

You're talking bad about people who frequent the Online section, yet you're whining like most of the people in the online section, lol.

I'm not talking bad about people who frequent the online section. You can save a lot of great members that post there but mostly are trolls and whining kids.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

I'm not talking bad about people who frequent the online section. You can save a lot of great members that post there but mostly are trolls and whining kids.

Most are, but your previous posts, especially the one indirectly pointing out me makes it seem like you're generalizing everyone who mostly posts in that section.  An avatar usually represents you, or what you like.  I like anime, James Franco, GTA Online, Persona, Resident Evil, Ryan Reynolds, big butts, black males, and Buffalo MK2s.  So there should be no issue with having one of those things as an avatar.

The whole likes and profile views thing is also incredibly dumb since this isn't Youtube :bored:  

• PerceusSOZ likes this

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

You people will complain about anything nowadays won't you...

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

You people will complain about anything nowadays won't you...

I'm at work right now and it kinda sucks to do this all the time to read the posts

111.jpg

That's the main reason why I'm against it

• Biohazard Abyss likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

That's the main reason why I'm against it

That's understandable, but don't be like Kracus and assume that whoever has a sexy avatar is some basement-dwelling loser.  I'm actually going to change mine right now because I can see how it's annoying for people at work :santa:

Ryan Reynolds might be too sexy for your workplace though, so not sure if I'm still doing harm.

• gnad.1992, BuyMeTheMoon and Insert-Coin-To-Continue like this

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Grill

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:26 PM

God damn it, who let the V section in here? 

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:30 PM Edited by Voodoo, 20 March 2014 - 01:09 PM.

Inflammatory spam.

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:59 PM Edited by Voodoo, 20 March 2014 - 01:09 PM.

I promise not to reply to spam.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:12 PM Edited by geobst, 20 March 2014 - 01:15 PM.

So now you're saying you don't like those avatars and/or signatures because of who somebody is, because of which forum somebody posts and because you don't like most of the people who use such avatars or signatures?

lul

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:16 PM Edited by gnad.1992, 20 March 2014 - 02:18 PM.

So now you're saying you don't like those avatars and/or signatures because of who somebody is, because of which forum somebody posts and because you don't like most of the people who use such avatars or signatures?

lul

Maybe

I don't like spammers

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:33 PM

I'd probably speak for all the girls here that those with them would be considered less gentlemanly.

apparently not just the girls... gnad...

I remove some of the more frank spread eagle, squatting, and twerking shots because we gotta keep the advertisers happy. If something offends you, report it. But usually only a few are deemed to be 'too much'.

do those advertised include mature dating uk??... ill be honest, ive seen worse/more suggestive adverts on here than some of the signatures/avatars. Like many have said if its a problem either block, scroll faster or stop going on here in work time...  but dont judge those who use them, some are actually decent people, they just enjoy boobies and jiggly asses, thats there prerogative...

• Biohazard Abyss likes this

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

I'd probably speak for all the girls here that those with them would be considered less gentlemanly.

apparently not just the girls... gnad...

I remove some of the more frank spread eagle, squatting, and twerking shots because we gotta keep the advertisers happy. If something offends you, report it. But usually only a few are deemed to be 'too much'.

do those advertised include mature dating uk??... ill be honest, ive seen worse/more suggestive adverts on here than some of the signatures/avatars. Like many have said if its a problem either block, scroll faster or stop going on here in work time...  but dont judge those who use them, some are actually decent people, they just enjoy boobies and jiggly asses, thats there prerogative...

thats because I prefer real women instead of pixels

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

do those advertised include mature dating uk??... ill be honest, ive seen worse/more suggestive adverts on here than some of the signatures/avatars.

Google AdSense actually creates ads personalized based on browsing history. So, what have you been browsing son?

• Otter, *MURDOC*, gnad.1992 and 8 others like this

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

I don't mind them as long as it's not clearly a minor in the picture/gif. That's just me.

I thought it was way dumber when some male user has a picture of a woman (be it a celebrity or whatever) as avatar and then posted in the "whats your opinion on gays" thread saying he's against gays. Like dude, having a picture of a famous chick on your avatar is really gay.

• epoxi likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:27 PM Edited by Biohazard Abyss, 20 March 2014 - 03:45 PM.

Don't make me change it back :panic:

giphy.gif

:rol:

THE GHETTO JEZUS
  • THE GHETTO JEZUS

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

Look what happens when the V section members come to he Gen Chat. Now it's a mess with nonsense posts and crap. I'm going to repeat my self again, if you don't like it just block it, simple as that.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

The people that complain because they're at work, GET OFF GTAFORUMS AND WORK! 

• epoxi, Rainbow Party and Insert-Coin-To-Continue like this

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 20 March 2014 - 04:36 PM

I think people who use gifs or whatever of half naked women as their sig/avatar are stupid.

but I support their right to do it.

that's why we have a little thing known as "Ignore Preferences."

you can disable other people's signatures.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users