Photo

Megalodon Shark Card

437 replies to this topic
Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:48 AM Edited by Odesza, 01 April 2014 - 10:50 AM.

GTA cost me around $140 because I bought 2 copies + the disc protection.

(bought one for my little brother)

goddamit R* I thought this was America.

you bought the disc protection lol. Wow. I remember when that scam first started with CDs... Well thanks for this, now I see you as a pigeon.

I bought it because I'm not careful with my disks at times, and because it was like $5.

Sorry that I can afford to "splurge" on $5 disc protection.  I know this amount is your weekly allowance and all from your parents but to me it's literally nothing.  2cool.

lol. yea I guess a 28yo who hasn't seen his parents in 6yrs somehow manages to get an allowance... No wonder its only $5.

seriously I this is a bigtime gimmick. Can't believe someone as level headed as you seem to be would buy one... Did you get the cashier's number at least lol

I don't see why I wouldn't get a protection plan on something like a disc that can be so easily cracked/scratched/etc.

Especially when it's only $5 for a year.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

How the hell is disc protection a scam?  Especially with things like laser burn, it's only smart to get it.  I lost my first copy of Operation Raccoon City because I forgot to get disc protection on it, and my Xbox ended up laser burning it because it got knocked down while I was playing it.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:53 AM Edited by Odesza, 01 April 2014 - 10:53 AM.

How the hell is disc protection a scam?  Especially with things like laser burn, it's only smart to get it.  I lost my first copy of Operation Raccoon City because I forgot to get disc protection on it, and my Xbox ended up laser burning it because it got knocked down while I was playing it.

My black ops 1 disc started cracking from the case itself, the middle part that's supposed to hold the disc ending up shattering the middle part when I put the disc in.

Good thing I got scammed into getting the $5 disc protection though, saved $60 at the time!

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:05 AM

My black ops 1 disc started cracking from the case itself, the middle part that's supposed to hold the disc ending up shattering the middle part when I put the disc in.

Good thing I got scammed into getting the $5 disc protection though, saved $60 at the time!
Yeah, my GTA IV disc got a scratch (which actually caused some bad glitches like sound entirely disappearing), but since I had disc protection it was all good.
Definitely got it for GTA V!

OT: Who would spend $100 on cash that will be gone in a months tops?

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:09 AM

Disc Protection is for losers :p

I do the old fashioned rinse if off with water and rub it on the undershirt. 

• rob602pa likes this

aznknight69
  • aznknight69

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

I bought castle clash gems. Facccck you all!

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:16 PM Edited by lol232, 02 April 2014 - 11:16 PM.

Ah this is for lazy people anyway. I don't really care.

BTW, I'm the first moron to buy the Megalodon Cash Card. :)

fixed

That's obviously something someone who hasn't bought the Megalodon cash card would say. :lol:
I seriously don't see such a fuss, you're not obligated to buy them.  :rol:

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

Leader of the LeAristocrats

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:02 AM

I'm in the wrong business.

bikerman3
  • bikerman3

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:48 AM Edited by bikerman3, 03 April 2014 - 01:49 AM.

if people want to buy it let them. How does it hurt you in anyway 

nobum62
  • nobum62

douchebag who owns a chromed zentorno

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:09 AM

Spending $100 IRL for millions of dollars in a game doesn't hurt me. It's just f*cking stupid and a rip-off, that's all.

bikerman3
  • bikerman3

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

Spending $100 IRL for millions of dollars in a game doesn't hurt me. It's just f*cking stupid and a rip-off, that's all.

so then don't buy it let the stupid people buy or the people who have money to burn 

• Diiesel likes this

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

Anyone who buys cash cards are just furthering the movement that game companies can now suck players dry. 

This will be a trend that all game companies will soon take up now, seeing as you noobs opened the door for it. 

So now when all the game companies start doing it, games will reduce in quality. Good job to everyone who bought a cash card,\

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

Anyone who buys cash cards are just furthering the movement that game companies can now suck players dry. 

This will be a trend that all game companies will soon take up now, seeing as you noobs opened the door for it. 

So now when all the game companies start doing it, games will reduce in quality. Good job to everyone who bought a cash card,\

No one forces you to buy a cash card so your conspiracy theory fails.  No one is being sucked dry by Rockstar.

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

not yet, but wait and see how it goes down. pay to play will be the new way, and cash cards are the practice that opens the door for it

freedomna
  • freedomna

Earl of Sealand

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:33 PM

No problem! Might go buy me a Megalodon card to celebrate.

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:35 PM

not yet, but wait and see how it goes down. pay to play will be the new way, and cash cards are the practice that opens the door for it

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

You are looking at this wrong. As long as other people buy cash cards, DLCs will be free for you. No income from MP = paid DLC. Be happy that you can play with the new DLC features for free and not being denied features of paid packs because R* needs to earn money somehow. 

• UchihaRingo likes this

Alarming
  • Alarming

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:04 AM

Have you played any game on a phone? Ever heard of a game called World of Warcraft and played it?

I've now stocked up a bit of cash on my psn account. If need be I'll buy 3.5 million otherwise I'll purchase a game.

$50 to buy the cash to make the game last a few more months without dlc or buy another game for $50, clock it in a month or less and then go back to Gta and buy a smaller card to suffice for dlc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users