Chicago firsttttt.

• gtamann123 likes this

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:25 AM

f*ck that, it'd be just a huge game about ridiculing southerners.

pizzariano.5
  • pizzariano.5

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:18 AM

Sorry for bumping this old post, but I wanna add my 2 cents on here. I personally think a GTA set in the south is way overdue. Whether it be a DLC, or an official city (such as Cottonmouth, which is essentially a mix of  southern cities) there has to be a parody of the south at some point. Especially with the advancement in console tech, maybe VC with a separate city, who knows..

I mean R* has essentially covered the northeast and western pop culture perfectly, how come the south hasnt gotten any treatment? Btw, this is coming from someone whose lived there before..

The grand theft auto series is making a satire of the american popular culture. Every group of individuals are portrayed in unfavorable light. This applies to entities as well. Do you really want southern people and their culture mocked, ridiculed and laughed at?

I would like to see the south in gta though, however not as a stand-alone setting, but as a part of a bigger setting, the america. In that way only the people with money would stand out to be rediculed.

f*ck that, it'd be just a huge game about ridiculing southerners.

I dont get you two, why is it okay to make fun of New Yorkers and Californians, but not southerners? 

• Tyla likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:48 AM

^ Because most southerners I've met are narcissistic about "muh heritage"

Tyla
  • Tyla

Trouble Man

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:09 AM

Do you really want southern people and their culture mocked, ridiculed and laughed at?

Yes.

Because most southerners I've met are narcissistic about "muh heritage"

vJhTOjf.png

Muh heritage.

Admit it, it would be funny. Let's get back to offending people. At least there'd only be the one big family lawsuit.

GTA in the south all the way.

A setting that incorporated both the US south and Mexico would be the tits.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:16 AM

Admit it, it would be funny. Let's get back to offending people. At least there'd only be the one big family lawsuit.

The family that Sleeps together Seeks financial compensation together.

499056436.png

Okay, that's enough white trash jokes from me.

• Tyla and Miamivicecity like this

WittyUsername
  • WittyUsername

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

A few GTA games have already played satire to the southern stereotypes, the small redneck counties in San Andreas and V, for instance. Phil in Vice City and Vice City stories.  While those are not entire large cities, they do show the whole stereotypical southern mindset: idiotic, inbred, gun-wielding, beer swelling, nationalistic, poor-hygienic, rednecks.

Still, I personally wouldn't mind it. The only big city in the south I been to is Nashville, it's supposed to be one of the music cities, but focuses too much on country for my tastes.

Also, since Vice City is Miami, doesn't that technically count? After all, "it's all down south now" according to Tommy.

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

Do you really want southern people and their culture mocked, ridiculed and laughed at?

Yes.

Because most southerners I've met are narcissistic about "muh heritage"

vJhTOjf.png

Muh heritage.

GTA in the south all the way.

A setting that incorporated both the US south and Mexico would be the tits.

Really? Okay by me, but I think in that case R* has to really make an effort to get beyond Sandy Shores and VCS. I mean, those caricatures were laughabe for a brief moment, but got annoying after a short while.

So, if Deep South is going to be the setting, they have to do more research and bring all of the culture to be ridiculed. That includes rich and middle wage southerners as well. Just remember trailor trash is trailor trash for a reason: They are poor and ignorant, because of the american system. When the poor don't have the money, they can't afford education -->they stay ignorant-->they stay poor.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:01 PM

The poor can't afford education? I've been going to nothing but public funded schools and I'm not going to go to college, but I'm not living in a trailer drinking Budweiser and having sex with farm animals. Speaking of poor education, it's "trailer", not "trailor".

I personally love Rockstar taking the sh*t out of rednecks, even more so that it would be a nice change from making fun if hipsters or whatever GTA 5 tried to be funny with. Plus, I'd much rather be trailer trash and rob liquor stores and be a general thug as opposed to being a retired bank robber who's now acting the part of the fed's lap dog.
  • G.S.T likes this

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:49 AM

Oh yes, and it'll be a parody of the South we've probably seen a thousand times over. Everyone who isn't from here seems to assume that we're all redneck idiots. Nevermind that we've got fantastic writers, universities, musicians, film makers, and are many cultures who happen to live in the Southern United States.

I've always wanted one based in a town like Savannah, GA. It in itself is a parody, yet a fantastic place. It's got one of the highest crime rates in our state, yet there's a whole tourist circuit and tons of rich white people. If they made it close to the actual size, including the surrounding county and smaller towns, you'd have a fair sized map.

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:56 AM

^ Because most southerners I've met are narcissistic about "muh heritage"

And most Yankees I meet are uneducated, almost illiterate dumbasses. Ever listen to the Howard Stern Show when they interview people on the street?

Most Southerners are human beings just like the people living across the country. We're diverse and have many different cultures. The rednecks are actually some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. It's the camo-wearing, intelligent-wannabes who are narcissistic, along with the Republican Country Club members. You don't know humble until you've been to the South. People are polite here. They greet you when you come into a store, and even the rudest cashier or waiter will ask you how you are and give you service. I can't say the same about the people/culture I experienced up north.

And I don't care about "muh heritage." There is no heritage. If the dead people I never met meant anything to me, I'd be a church-going Bible thumper.

I've been going to nothing but public funded schools and I'm not going to go to college,

Oh, you almost had us fooled.

WittyUsername
  • WittyUsername

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:22 AM

Oh yes, and it'll be a parody of the South we've probably seen a thousand times over. Everyone who isn't from here seems to assume that we're all redneck idiots. Nevermind that we've got fantastic writers, universities, musicians, film makers, and are many cultures who happen to live in the Southern United States.

I've always wanted one based in a town like Savannah, GA. It in itself is a parody, yet a fantastic place. It's got one of the highest crime rates in our state, yet there's a whole tourist circuit and tons of rich white people. If they made it close to the actual size, including the surrounding county and smaller towns, you'd have a fair sized map.

Hey, I'm from the South as well -- Kentucky, to be more specific. There's no reason to get offended about a Southern based Grand Theft Auto, the series is a giant parody. It's like getting offended over a South Park episode, come on.

Though, I wouldn't recommend doing one over the South since all it would be is redneck jokes and they already have plenty of those in the San Andreas counties and small spots similar to that. It would get stale after a while, let's be honest.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:27 AM Edited by universetwisters, 03 July 2014 - 05:29 AM.

@bucky - That's exactly what I'm talking about, defending "muh heritage".

I live in central Florida and outside of normal people, what you described to be " camo-wearing, intelligent-wannabes who are narcissistic, along with the Republican Country Club members" are rednecks. I have never met anybody who identified themselves as a redneck to be kind to others outside of their redneck circle or cronies. I have never met a redneck that actually gave back to the community other than wasting around slacking off and watching nascar. Are people in the south nice? Sure, but there's also people from the north that are nice, Midwest that are nice, and so fourth. There are nice people wherever you go, but if you want racist, xenophobic, bigoted, backwards white trash, look no further than south of the Mason-Dixon Line.

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

I live in central Florida and outside of normal people, what you described to be " camo-wearing, intelligent-wannabes who are narcissistic, along with the Republican Country Club members" are rednecks. I have never met anybody who identified themselves as a redneck to be kind to others outside of their redneck circle or cronies. I have never met a redneck that actually gave back to the community other than wasting around slacking off and watching nascar. Are people in the south nice? Sure, but there's also people from the north that are nice, Midwest that are nice, and so fourth. There are nice people wherever you go, but if you want racist, xenophobic, bigoted, backwards white trash, look no further than south of the Mason-Dixon Line.

You don't get out much, do you?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

I get out a lot. I'm not sure what the point of that was, though. The rednecks here are legit white trash and pure ripe for parody. At least it would be better than all the political/modern technology sucks jokes we got from IV and V.

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

I get out a lot. I'm not sure what the point of that was, though.

I rest my case.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

I rest my case.

That I get out a lot and I can tell that all the rednecks I encounter are the complete opposite of what you first described them to be? You can tell that even if you drive through the south for ten minutes.

Here's a good example:

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

I rest my case.

That I get out a lot and I can tell that all the rednecks I encounter are the complete opposite of what you first described them to be? You can tell that even if you drive through the south for ten minutes.

Here's a good example:

LOL, I've lived in Georgia my whole life, and spent a lot of time in Louisiana and Virginia. If you think that's what the South is, you're lying about being from Florida. Seriously, you don't seem to know anything about this place.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

If you think that's what the South is, you're lying about being from Florida. Seriously, you don't seem to know anything about this place.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU TWAT

h80H2.jpg

That's my permit from a while ago but I still live here and stuff. Did you even watch the video? Are you going to deny that the typical southerner portrayed in the media is pretty damn close to what they are in real life? Get a grip, the south isn't home of "southern manners" anymore, it's home of trailer parks, meth, pickup trucks, and having sex with farm animals/family members.

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:12 PM

If you think that's what the South is, you're lying about being from Florida. Seriously, you don't seem to know anything about this place.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU TWAT

h80H2.jpg

That's my permit from a while ago but I still live here and stuff. Did you even watch the video? Are you going to deny that the typical southerner portrayed in the media is pretty damn close to what they are in real life? Get a grip, the south isn't home of "southern manners" anymore, it's home of trailer parks, meth, pickup trucks, and having sex with farm animals/family members.

Twat? So, are you English or are you from Florida? Which is it?

You scribbled out the face on the permit, and the resolution for your supposed face is different than the license. You're proving yourself to be an idiot, because you're not only generalizing the South, you're relying on the same tropes seen on television and movies. If you actually live in Florida, are "18," and hate it so much, I think you should move. But you can't move away from Florida if you don't actually live there, right?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

You scribbled out the face on the permit, and the resolution for your supposed face is different than the license. You're proving yourself to be an idiot, because you're not only generalizing the South, you're relying on the same tropes seen on television and movies. If you actually live in Florida, are "18," and hate it so much, I think you should move. But you can't move away from Florida if you don't actually live there, right?

Americans can't say "Twat"? Man, that's a damn shame you've got such a one-tracked mind that it rustles you whenever someone uses something that isn't common in the English vocabulary, you silly Kut. I'm also fixing the cash to move out to Colorado in September, but I'm guessing you're just fine living in your sweltering trailer park wonderland in Georgia? Speaking of, what's your proof you live in Georgia? For all I know, you could live in Maine and be a southern sympathizer.

I only scribbled out the face because I don't think people would want to look at me when I had short hair, and who's saying I'm generalizing the south? I'm going off on a whim and assuming you live in some really really big city in the south, say for instance Atlanta or the Northern Virginian suburbs of DC because, after all, Virginia IS part of the south, and you aren't really exposed to much of the rural small town stuff like what's show in in the video, which you constantly keep jumping over because you know it's true. All the rednecks I've met here were either rich kids buying pickup trucks and camo clothing on their parent's credit cards or genuine poor racist bigoted trailer trash, and neither one of them were "the kindest, friendliest people". Had you actually paid attention to my first post on that as opposed to, say for instance, leaving your pickup truck on the front yard to rust or waving a confederate battle flag around like a schmuck, you probably would've seen that. But then again, it just goes back to the first point I made that Southerners don't want to see themselves parodied because "muh heritage".

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:26 PM

Americans can't say "Twat"? Man, that's a damn shame you've got such a one-tracked mind that it rustles you whenever someone uses something that isn't common in the English vocabulary, you silly Kut. I'm also fixing the cash to move out to Colorado in September, but I'm guessing you're just fine living in your sweltering trailer park wonderland in Georgia? Speaking of, what's your proof you live in Georgia? For all I know, you could live in Maine and be a southern sympathizer.

I only scribbled out the face because I don't think people would want to look at me when I had short hair, and who's saying I'm generalizing the south? I'm going off on a whim and assuming you live in some really really big city in the south, say for instance Atlanta or the Northern Virginian suburbs of DC because, after all, Virginia IS part of the south, and you aren't really exposed to much of the rural small town stuff like what's show in in the video, which you constantly keep jumping over because you know it's true. All the rednecks I've met here were either rich kids buying pickup trucks and camo clothing on their parent's credit cards or genuine poor racist bigoted trailer trash, and neither one of them were "the kindest, friendliest people". Had you actually paid attention to my first post on that as opposed to, say for instance, leaving your pickup truck on the front yard to rust or waving a confederate battle flag around like a schmuck, you probably would've seen that. But then again, it just goes back to the first point I made that Southerners don't want to see themselves parodied because "muh heritage".

Says the guy who bought two guns from Wal Mart and likes terrible hardcore music. :)

You're going down a path here. You're continuing to generalize and show your ass. You're embarassing yourself, especially with your unintelligent attitude. You're trying too hard, so take it down a notch.

If you honestly believe all of that is the majority of the South, you must never leave your house. I'm probably not the first person to tell you that you need to get out more. Considering you were born in 1996, you're apart of the autistic/asbergers generation that doesn't understand anything that the media, your parents, or the internet doesn't tell you. It's call life, and I suggest you get one.

WittyUsername
  • WittyUsername

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:27 PM

My experience in a small southern town has been pretty decent. The population is about 2,000 or so. Maybe a bit more, I'll have to look at a census or so. It's mostly peaceful, but there are a few idiots here, true for everywhere.

Still, someone who identifies themselves as a redneck will more than likely be trashy.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:31 PM Edited by universetwisters, 03 July 2014 - 04:32 PM.

Says the guy who bought two guns from Wal Mart and likes terrible hardcore music. :)

You're going down a path here. You're continuing to generalize and show your ass. You're embarassing yourself, especially with your unintelligent attitude. You're trying too hard, so take it down a notch.

If you honestly believe all of that is the majority of the South, you must never leave your house. I'm probably not the first person to tell you that you need to get out more. Considering you were born in 1996, you're apart of the autistic/asbergers generation that doesn't understand anything that the media, your parents, or the internet doesn't tell you. It's call life, and I suggest you get one.

>terrible hardcore music

All these irrelevant points, man.

I never said it was the majority of the south, I said it's a part of the south I would like to see parodied and then you get all pissy. Are you sure you aren't trying "too hard"? Especially the part about the autistic generation, what're you talking about? Everybody born back then has it? That brings me back to my first point...

...Muh Heritage

Spoiler

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

>terrible hardcore music

All these irrelevant points, man.

I never said it was the majority of the south, I said it's a part of the south I would like to see parodied and then you get all pissy. Are you sure you aren't trying "too hard"? Especially the part about the autistic generation, what're you talking about? Everybody born back then has it? That brings me back to my first point...

...Muh Heritage

Spoiler

Philip,

option.gif?w=650

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

Philip,

-some gif thing-

My points have been proven - accusations being pulled out of one's ass and valid points jumped over.

Rockstar, bring us GTA: White Trash Georgia wonderland!

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

Philip,

-some gif thing-

My points have been proven - accusations being pulled out of one's ass and valid points jumped over.

You're proving to be too stupid for me to waste my time on, Phil. You're very bad at this. Let's just say that when you were nine and in elementary school, I was doing this long before you ever would. Just think, in 2005, you hadn't even been alive for a decade.

I'll ask you again: Are you sure this is what you want?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

Philip,

-some gif thing-

You're proving to be too stupid for me to waste my time on, Phil. You're very bad at this. Let's just say that when you were nine and in elementary school, I was doing this long before you ever would. Just think, in 2005, you hadn't even been alive for a decade.

I'm still failing to see what you're trying to prove. Are you still talking about the south or are you doing ad hominem attacks?

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:03 PM

Philip,

-some gif thing-

I'm still failing to see what you're trying to prove. Are you still talking about the south or are you doing ad hominem attacks?

Again, I'm feeling sorry for you. You obviously don't understand what I'm getting at, just like you don't understand the South.

Let me break it down for you, because I like it here, and I don't want to be banned because of some little punk.

The South has human beings just like any other area. Every area has stupid people. You generalized the entire area. I've corrected you, and you've gotten upset. I can understand that you have a reading comprehension problem, but I'm going to be nice and tell you the truth.

If you bought guns from Wal Mart, live near central Florida, have that tasteless beard/mustache, and do not see past the rednecks, then you too are a redneck. You're poorly educated, probably not well off considering your distain for the rich, and you are very defensive when I've taken you to task. So, if you want to prove me wrong, you can either leave this alone, apologize, or you can save face and agree that you generalized an entire area. Do you know who else does that? Racist, bigotted rednecks.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

I'd be more inclined to believe that you're clearing things up and "corrected" what I said had you not confused Rednecks with "the nicest people you'll ever meet".

The rednecks are actually some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. It's the camo-wearing, intelligent-wannabes who are narcissistic, along with the Republican Country Club members. You don't know humble until you've been to the South. People are polite here. They greet you when you come into a store, and even the rudest cashier or waiter will ask you how you are and give you service. I can't say the same about the people/culture I experienced up north.

Plus, changing the topic into buying guns at walmart, living in central florida, and all the other points you bring up don't make me a redneck. As I said in the previous post, you keep jumping over all my points just to spew out some witty ad hominem attacks that just derail the topic. So if you wanna talk about the south, at least talk about the south rather than just spew said attacks at me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users