Quantcast

» «
Photo

Gotham the Batman prequel TV show

338 replies to this topic
UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:47 AM

I like this show. Both episodes were good IMO.

I think that people over-think simple entertainment. So what if the show wants to be a slice of reality, mixed with over the top characters. What else is it supposed to be?

If you go into these types of things with mind set of GREATNESS or BUST, then you'll always be dissapointed.

Off topic: This is in response to the Marvel>DC bullsh*t of earlier convos.

Marvel is so over-rated. The studio has made 2 really good movies, a handful of decent ones, and some complete duds.

This is overshadowed by the unwaivering support of it's fans. Marvel fans will go see a mediocre movie multiple times. I know many of them who went to the movies 3-4 times to support the likes of Ironman 3 and Thor:TDW. Padding it's box office numbers, and creating a false perception.

Ironman (Really Good)

Captain America:TWS (Really Good)

Thor (Decent)

Captain America:TFA (Decent)

Avengers (Great first watch, Decent after the hype leaves)

Gaurdians of the Galaxy (Same as above)

Thor:TDW (dud)

Ironman 2 & 3 (duds)

Incredible Hulk (dud)

Marvels:AOS (dud)

All that said I still like Marvel Studios. I just refuse to give DC a hard time about it struggles, and let Marvel have a pass for their mediocre efforts. I'll leave that to the deep throating fangirls.

Cult Of Personality
  • Cult Of Personality

=A=

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:54 PM

I think that people over-think simple entertainment. So what if the show wants to be a slice of reality, mixed with over the top characters. What else is it supposed to be?

If you go into these types of things with mind set of GREATNESS or BUST, then you'll always be dissapointed.

Just nope. That mindset is what spawns mediocrity being tolerated. If a show has potential to be great but is instead dragged down due to glaring flaws then I'm not going to let it off because I can deem it "simple entertainment". 

In regards to the latest episode, I enjoyed it. I thought the pilot was better. I didn't find anything I really didn't like about this episode. The only downside, which is purely down to subjective opinion, was that this story didn't really interest me. I know this episode was to set other story archs up in future episodes/seasons but I can't really get invested into a story if they follow the formulaic pattern of changing the crime every episode. 

• BatFerYou likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:38 PM

I liked this one... Maybe more than my initial reaction to the pilot.

I love Bullock. So much. I would make sweet love to his beard and his personality.

Gordon... I feel like he's become the glue of the storylines. Such as the Penguin (Which I still f*cking love)... And the crime boss war, which I hope they don't force too much. And Selina Kyle, which is so f*cking bad, it looks like the result of a deal with Satan.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:19 PM

I love Logue as Bullock, he's great. But man, that beat cop that Gordon got into a fight with was 100% dead ringer for what I think Bullock should look like. He even had a perfect accent, like this...

Cult Of Personality
  • Cult Of Personality

=A=

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:49 AM

This review sums up what I was saying about subtlety. 

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:45 PM

You guys know how in Arrow, the only reason to watch Season 1 was for the flashbacks? (At least until Merlin and the Earthquake machine came into play hard) ...

This is DEFINITELY the same case.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 October 2014 - 04:24 AM

I really hope they introduce Tommy Elliot at some point. This would be the time period I which he was friends with Bruce. It'd make more sense than have the Riddler be a CSI.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:12 AM

This episode was pretty f*cking great.

Seeing a pattern with shows, the third episodes always seem to be my favorites for a while... Usually until the episode numbers hit double digits.

I'm so thankful that Selina just straight up ran away. She was so f*cking awful. I hated every single scene with her in it. Hope she never comes back. Ever.

We, as a species, have lived for millions of years and have done great things...

I pray to every single god man has ever worshiped that the next episode focuses on the Penguin.

I love him and I love him and I love him.

I love him once. I love him twice. I love him thrice. I love him McDonalds French Frice.

Anyway, I have a question...

Why would the reopening of Arkham Asylum interfere with organized crime in Gotham?

And another question. What time period does this take place in? The technology makes it feel like early 2000s but the way people talk and dress makes it feel much older.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:00 PM

Holy f*ck, I just realized something, the guy Fish was talking to in episode 3 and told him to get rid of Laslow, the guy with the red shirt and hat is Mario D'leon the guy who voiced Luis Lopez.

Cult Of Personality
  • Cult Of Personality

=A=

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:43 PM

Can we please stop ending on cliffhangers. If it happens every episode it's going to feel really tacky. Penguin is the best part of this show, followed by Jim and Harvey. Unforunately, I don't like Fish Mooney, the 2 murder investigation detectives and Selina Kyle. Did they really need to add Fish Mooney into this series? Could they not have used an already established mobster from the comics. Her mannerisms are getting increasingly over the top each episode. Selina Kyle isn't get used properly. It's like they have her in each episode just for the sake of it. The writers need to stop shoehorning cat references into her dialogue. 

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:07 AM

Yeah, Selina feels kind of shoe horned in. And the Barbara cheating thing is kind of lame. Jim is supposed to have an affair with Essen, and that ends his (spoiler) marriage to Barbara. Of course that's after she (spoiler) pops out a couple kids, one being (spoiler) Batgirl, and the other being (spoiler) a sociopath.

PS that stuff really isn't spoilers, as much as Bruce Wayne becoming Batman is a spoiler.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Threadbare tapestry unwinding slow

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:20 AM

Holy f*ck, I just realized something, the guy Fish was talking to in episode 3 and told him to get rid of Laslow, the guy with the red shirt and hat is Mario D'leon the guy who voiced Luis Lopez.

haha I thought he looked familiar.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2014 - 06:42 AM

Yeah ...They're definitely just killing time until the good plots come into play.

I just hope that when all this filler bullsh*t is over, the good plots meet the standards.

Cult Of Personality
  • Cult Of Personality

=A=

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 October 2014 - 04:06 PM

I'd argue this episode was the best yet. 

Spoiler

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2014 - 05:59 PM

He's not from the comics. Just a new character. I'd prefer they did more that way instead of trying to justify why super villains are around before their time.

For example:
Spoiler

I just can't stand Bruce and Alfred. They're so unbelievable as characters. I want to see more of Alfred yelling at Bruce like the time he was standing on the roof. I want Bruce to resent Alfred. I want him to hate that Alfred is trying to replace his parents. I want Alfred to not encourage any abnormal behavior for a 12 year old, like reading plans for developments that may or may not be involved with the murder of Bruce's parents. I want Alfred to be a father, not a butler. I want him to be worried that Bruce isn't doing things a normal kid would do, like mourning his parents' death, he just witnessed weeks earlier. And why is Bruce having these adult conversations with Gordon about how the mob is trying to develop the land his parents were trying to develop?

It just seems like Bruce and Alfred are there because this whole universe is subjegated on Bruce and what he becomes. It's probably this way, because the network thinks it'll confuse people to have a show based on the mythos of Batman comics, and not have Batman in them, which isn't a bad idea in theory. The problem is that in this time, just after his parents' death, he's not doing anything interesting. At least not enough to justify having him be in every single episode.

Cult Of Personality
  • Cult Of Personality

=A=

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 October 2014 - 10:13 PM

He's not from the comics. Just a new character. I'd prefer they did more that way instead of trying to justify why super villains are around before their time.

I think if they create their own villains then it's just another cop show with over the top adversaries. Surely we have villains prior to Batman, or atleast villains where we can stretch the truth regarding their inception. 

krashr
  • krashr

soul glo

• The Precinct
  • Mars
  • Best Dreads 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Dishonorable Mention 2016

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:21 PM

really hoping fish gets killed off in some sort of penguin rising climax, because penguins eat fish.. and the horrible overacting of pinkett has to stop

• Girish and Nopheros like this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:22 AM

Penguin will absolutely kill Fish at some point. That's just how Penguin rolls.
  • Nopheros and krashr like this

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Hopplös Kanin

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:56 PM Edited by Nopheros, 16 October 2014 - 01:57 PM.

Robin Lord Taylor is great as The Penguin.

The show is very good so far and I like the cast very much, Donal Logue and Robin Lord Taylor was perfectly cast. 

One thing I don't like however is how "in your face" they are with all the villains and characters going around, i.e "Call me cat.." and all the other sh*t. We get it.

The fourth episode is the best one so far.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:24 PM

I really hope they introduce Tommy Elliot at some point. This would be the time period I which he was friends with Bruce. It'd make more sense than have the Riddler be a CSI.

Haha...  Apparently they've cast Tommy Elliot.  The only thing I can find is this kid's IMDB saying he's playing "Tommy Elliot".

I hope that doesn't mean it's just a walk on role, or a one episode thing.  Tommy needs to be in every episode, slowly

Spoiler

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:10 AM

"What's altruism!?"

That line, in the yelling/dying heat of the moment, combined with Jim's reaction, also combined with how much I love Bullock ...

That's just the best thing I'v heard all week.

Great episode, really liked it.

I really wanna see Falcone, Penguin or Alfred kick some ass soon. Good characters kicking ass physically or metaphorically or both is always great.

Liked the ending, wanna see where it goes.

Another thing:

The first batch was named Viper.

The second one was named Venom.

Who the f*ck is naming these things? That's not how you make anyone want a product. I know it's a military thing, but ...I can't imagine someone going "You all need to consume this venom!"

Review:

"I'm not yo' mama!"/10

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:39 AM

For those who don't know what Venom is (the mentioned successor to Viper), I'll give you a hint...

Spoiler
  • krashr likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:27 AM

Oooooooooooooooooooooh sh*t!

I always thought it was jello in those tubes.

They probably mentioned it in Arkham Origins, but I'm sure at that point no one was focused on the story enough, everyone was hoping the game doesn't crash.

Now, see... If they take a Nolan-like approach ...Then Bane and Joker COULD exist before Batman. I would hate for them to do the Joker, since I really would love for Batman to create the Joker. But Bane could be done.

krashr
  • krashr

soul glo

• The Precinct
  • Mars
  • Best Dreads 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:49 AM

i haven't seen the latest episode yet, but as soon as they mentioned a "waste" dump in the last episode, i thought it maybe setting up for the eventual joker origin. interesting that they're also looking at bane

Cult Of Personality
  • Cult Of Personality

=A=

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:19 PM

I don't think we'll see Bane. 

Spoiler

The only downside about that episode was the few seconds Selina was in. I just sigh everytime. They've completely f*cked up that character for me. I think I'll give it to episode 10, or maybe end of the season if I'm that optimistic, to see if the show can correct it's flaws and keep me interested. 

In regards to the episode:

Spoiler

• krashr likes this

krashr
  • krashr

soul glo

• The Precinct
  • Mars
  • Best Dreads 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:17 AM

i've now seen it and yeah, i agree with the selina comment.. they are still focusing on how many times they can have her in "cat pose" and it's getting old. i will say though, i didn't hate the nygma scenes as much in this ep. they seem to have toned him down a bit and it is better imo. i also enjoyed the maroni/ penguin bits, i think batista is doing a good job in the role.

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Cult Of Personality likes this

Cult Of Personality
  • Cult Of Personality

=A=

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:59 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• krashr likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:26 AM

You don't need to use spoiler tags on episodes that've already aired.

As for Bane, I doubt we will see him. I would assume he's still in Peña Dura (the prison he was born in). He couldn't be much older than Batman, and he grew up in the prison, and Bane doesn't escape Peña Dura until just before he encounters Batman for the first time.
  • krashr likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:01 PM Edited by IDredMan, 28 October 2014 - 03:41 PM.

Even though Agents Of Shield took last week, Gotham so far is doing well riding the quality wave. It achieved a certain level of coolness and is maintaining it.

I'm starting to enjoy Nigma's awkward and not-yet-cuhrayzee attitude. Really separates him from the slapped on Batman villain we thought he was in the first episode.

I also actually enjoy Bruce and Alfred. Really like Alfred and the kid that plays Bruce is a decent actor. So many child actors are completely f*cking sh*t, it's nice to have a weekly reminder that there's a kid in the world that doesn't deserve to get shot (JK... In case any parents read this).

The scene with Penguin and his mom put a tear in my eye and a "f*ck my life" in my attitude, due to me noticing the resemblance.

Although, I literally blurted out "f*ck you" to the show when Selina appeared.

She was in for 20 seconds. She didn't say a thing. But her presence itself was annoying.

Plot synopsis in case anyone missed it:

Spoiler

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:28 AM

I like this show. However, its got a weird mix with the serious Nolan feel and a comical-like tone to it. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users