Suspect spotted in a..ummm...

109 replies to this topic
Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

No one seems to have spotted that GTA cop radio has always been exactly like this.

I never recalled a GTA cop radio as inaccurate as V's.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

You guys gotta remember Dispatchs get information from cops, so it might come inaccurate most of the time because a dispatcher inst exactly a know it all as right when you're doing something its getting the information from nearby cops.

Also this has been exactly like in every GTA, and f*cking hell does anybody have a video comparasion of IV's and V's?

• Alanbeales1 likes this

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Playa

• Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

Does she say the names of ANY vehicles rather than their category? The guy from IV would usually say the name of nearly every car, like "Suspect last seen in a... red Infernus, middle park east". This lady seems pretty dumbfounded every time she reads the reports.

• Android and LightningLord411 like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:26 PM

You guys gotta remember Dispatchs get information from cops, so it might come inaccurate most of the time because a dispatcher inst exactly a know it all as right when you're doing something its getting the information from nearby cops.

Also this has been exactly like in every GTA, and f*cking hell does anybody have a video comparasion of IV's and V's?

Pardon me, but I don't recall the dispatchers saying that I was doing 90 miles an hour whilst running away from the cops in IV. Maybe you were just playing a different game?

Olanov
  • Olanov

Police Officer

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:19 AM

Pardon me, but I don't recall the dispatchers saying that I was doing 90 miles an hour whilst running away from the cops in IV. Maybe you were just playing a different game?

I have heard the dispatcher call in the speed I was doing in IV. Multiple times.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:56 AM

To my knowledge the police never directly communicated with Dispatch before, or at least we couldn't hear it. You would hear them shouting at you, and you'd hear dispatch, but they'd never talk to Dispatch.   

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

I have heard the dispatcher call in the speed I was doing in IV. Multiple times.
But you do realise that 90 mph is not nearly the correct speed on foot, right?
Dunno, I haven't paid that much attention to the dispatch, but I always get the feeling that they programmed a delay (on purpose) between your actions and their observations. As said earlier, the lady seems to get info from a bystander or cop a number of seconds ago, not current info.

Alanbeales1
  • Alanbeales1

leader of State Trooper's PD [SAST]

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:24 AM

I don't get why they say, "We've got a visual on the suspect, moving to engage," when I've broken line of sight with them, and gotten out of their field of vision. This happens constantly. I almost think it's a bug.  

Are you sure you're not spotted by helicopters? I really don't get why there are so many complaints about the hiding system. I hide all the time in the Vespucci area, and it works (well, ofcourse not 100%). If you commit a crime and have 1 wanted star, you need to leave the area as soon as possible, because peds will photograph you or call the police. If you're hiding in the direct area, cops will almost always find you. It's obvious, they circle the block a couple of times, and start investigating alleyways. But if you turn a couple of streets and go behind a dumpster or on a roof (no helicopters at low wanted levels, ofcourse) and nobody saw you enter, you have a pretty good chance of getting away with it. The only thing I believe they need to dial down is the waiting time for 1 star. It flashes waaayy too long and it get's pretty boring. But still, I think the search system works great for 'petty crimes', and it's even more awesome if you play without radar, hud and with headphones. Then you really start to pay attention to the increase or decrease of the sirene sound, the opening of the car door, the sound of boots getting close. I can't confirm the actual line of sight (because I have no radar), but I'm pretty sure it works well. I like the chase so much, I don't think I've ever been arrested. I either escape, or die trying.  :lol: Are your weapons gone when you're busted?

nope,they only take all your Ammo,just to p*ss you off

toymaster2
  • toymaster2

Grand Theft Chair

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:27 PM

"Suspect is going 90 down..UHHHH....Rockford hills..in a..Uhh...UHHH...UHUHUUHUHUHUHUUHUHUHU!!!....Black sports car...

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:19 AM

"Suspect last seen in a, uhhhh, White Monster Truck."

Interesting that she gets The Liberator correct.

hellfury66
  • hellfury66

raising hell on my black blazer

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:13 AM

suspect is driving in ummmm uhhhhhhhh black 2 door muscle car!!!

im driving in a slightly dark green vigaro with a blower scoop sticking out of the hood.

suspect is going 50mph im only going 20 mph when making a turn.

suspect has crashed even though i slightly hit a car while driving at high speed. during a chase.

suspect is in a car yeah but they dont know witch car it is. cus i left them while they just lost sight of me.

Epic.
  • Epic.

(ᵔᴥᵔ)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:18 AM

Need for Speed: Most Wanted a game from 2005 has a better police radio than this game.

Also any reason why the police radio is so bugged in Online?
I've heard it once and it said "Suspects last seen in uhhh" then it cut out.

• LightningLord411 likes this

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Playa

• Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:11 AM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 10 July 2014 - 09:17 AM.

While this thread is back, I might as well mention there are a lot of unused lines for the police scanner. They are a lot more complex, such as "Air support take out Suspects tires", "Officers are authorized to use tasers" Some of them she actually describe the looks of the characters, and actually says their name. In one of them mentions North Yankton as a location. There's even a "Code 13, military units requested". Could there have been 6 stars at some point in development? And a lot of the crimes mentioned aren't even possible by the player, makes me wonder if there were vigilante missions that were cut.

Here's a video of them. Seems like over half of them are unused. Of course the first few minutes are her saying "uhhhhhhh"

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

This is just a shortcut by the devs - it's background noise that i don't think we're supposed to actually pay attention to.

I miss the police chatter from VC, arguments between cops and genuinely funny quips. I think SA had one, when you're chased by a helo: "I can see my house from here!"

V lacks these, or at least that I've heard. I think with the huge map and seabed etc, things had to get stripped back, and this is one thing that was top of the list to get cut down - most people would prefer the bigger map at the cost of police scanner depth.  I did look up some of the codes they say, and they do match up so at least that's accurate.

• Dorney23 likes this

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

When they say "suspect in a Police car". How many police cars are in this city??

fac316
  • fac316

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

Yeah the game aren't nearly as funny as they were in past GTA games, which is a shame.

Fixed it for ya. I guess after the "hot coffee" fiasco R* was afriad for risque humor. It shows in the talk radio, tv shows, and subject matter of the missions.

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:53 PM Edited by Twilight Sky, 10 July 2014 - 02:53 PM.

This is just a shortcut by the devs - it's background noise that i don't think we're supposed to actually pay attention to.

I miss the police chatter from VC, arguments between cops and genuinely funny quips. I think SA had one, when you're chased by a helo: "I can see my house from here!"

V lacks these, or at least that I've heard. I think with the huge map and seabed etc, things had to get stripped back, and this is one thing that was top of the list to get cut down - most people would prefer the bigger map at the cost of police scanner depth.  I did look up some of the codes they say, and they do match up so at least that's accurate.

Definitely for SA. The cop comments were entertaining.

V has lame Cop comments, especially the often spammed "Suck my c**k" phrases :/

• fac316 likes this

fac316
  • fac316

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:54 PM

@ least its not as annoying as the "fok me in the ass" line i literally hear 50x i play. I guess w/ the hardware limitations apparently comedy was one of the cuts

TiiMeP
  • TiiMeP

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

Suspect driving in ummm...         Tank.  :) love it while driving a tank in single player.

Flesk99
  • Flesk99

Pretty Good Taco Cooker

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:30 AM

"Eagle Six has lost visual!" My ass you did, you're still shooting at me!

Capital
  • Capital

Generic Goon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:26 AM

I like watching the Police chase others. "Stop the f*ckING vehicle NOW!!"

Shame about the scripted endings though. Guys get shot, cops stand there scratching their heads. Drive off.

Ixnay
  • Ixnay

Fait ce que Voudras

• Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

How did we go from "I'm that badass nigga yo' mamma warned you 'bout" to talking about dull, menial things and repetitious, generic cop phrases from something like a G-rated cartoon?

I think that sums up the approach to a lot of things in the game; it's like it's been sanitized to the point of taking all the character out.

ShogunTBone
  • ShogunTBone

Hit the Lights

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:01 PM

Probably my favorite has to be how apesh*t the cops go when you speed over the spikes with bulletproof tires.

"Suspect heading north on El Perro in a ... um, um, ... Black Turismo R."

*cop from a distance* "He's heading straight for me!"

*after you drive over the spikes to no effect* "Got hi- Goddammit!"

• LightningLord411 likes this

Craptasticjack
  • Craptasticjack

The Danger

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:14 AM

While i like realism, i do like how the dispatcher is wank at their jobs :D

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:48 AM

While i like realism, i do like how the dispatcher is wank at their jobs :D

It ain't realistic at all, dispatchers get called out for hesitating too much when they are talking, if they say "ummm" or something like that their bosses won't be happy, they have to be constant and be pretty certain of the location of the criminal and  they don't have to hesitate when talking

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:00 AM

At least she's better than Vice City's dispatcher, all I ever hear through that thick accent is "Chicken for the Damned".

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

Suspect last seen in the, uhhhh......ocean.

And then I get swarmed by helicopters and boats. All she said was "ocean"...HOW DID YOU FIND ME COPS?

Mr. Tibbs
  • Mr. Tibbs

Liberal Hater

• Members
  • Cayman-Islands

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:49 PM

@ least its not as annoying as the "fok me in the ass" line i literally hear 50x i play. I guess w/ the hardware limitations apparently comedy was one of the cuts

That has to literally be the most stupid "hudurr, hawrdwere lymitashuns" line I have ever read.

Anyways, the weirdest one I've has is "Suspect is in the ocean driving uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......... Tractor"

Somebody needs to fire the dispatch lady.

Spectrap
  • Spectrap

Fuzzy Pickles

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:55 PM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 19 July 2014 - 07:58 PM.

That has to literally be the most stupid "hudurr, hawrdwere lymitashuns" line I have ever read.

Anyways, the weirdest one I've has is "Suspect is in the ocean driving uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......... Tractor"

Somebody needs to fire the dispatch lady.

She is a female. How do you expect her not to say "UUUMMMMMMMMMMMMM"

• Mr. Tibbs likes this

Don Makaveli
  • Don Makaveli

Proud American

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:40 AM

Suspect spotted *switching a dial* THEY SEE ME ROLLN' THEY HATN'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users