Photo

Suspect spotted in a..ummm...

109 replies to this topic
Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:47 PM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 20 March 2014 - 09:48 PM.

No music in the Riot is a bit of a bummer, but I didn't figure I'd be able to tune into Captain Loggins whilst commandeering a police vehicle. :(

At least Dispatch can keep me company. :p  

DeltaShadowZ
  • DeltaShadowZ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

The thing I hate the most is when your hiding in a bush, fence, or behind a wall and you hear the words 'Suspect has been spotted', or "I got him!'

James190099
  • James190099

Player Hater

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:12 AM

They said over the radio I was going at 300mph
  • LightningLord411 likes this

Saintdestroyer
  • Saintdestroyer

★★★★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:24 AM

The thing I hate the most is when your hiding in a bush, fence, or behind a wall and you hear the words 'Suspect has been spotted', or "I got him!'

This!

It really aggregates me that even though the map says your hidden, the police will get out their cars and ALWAYS run in your direction, as if they KNOW where you are hiding.

• visionist likes this

Ashes2AshesNN
  • Ashes2AshesNN

Crackhead

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

Has anyone ever noticed and thought about this: when the dispatch says "Suspect is in a..uh...Black SUV", but you'd wander, she didn't say the make of the car, she just said it's a Black SUV, and the cops already know it's you, think about how many other Black SUV's they could be in LS, but they automatically know it's you...

This!

It really aggregates me that even though the map says your hidden, the police will get out their cars and ALWAYS run in your direction, as if they KNOW where you are hiding.

You know how Trevor thinks Merryweather is a Lizard army, well the cops are a Dog Army, these guy's literally sniff you out like dogs, you'd swear they were raised by dogs, and have the exact(or more) equivalent sniffing ability as dogs...
  • visionist, Alanbeales1 and LightningLord411 like this

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:30 AM Edited by LightningLord411, 24 March 2014 - 01:31 AM.

"Suspect going 90 in a, ummm... P-996 Lazer"

"Suspect going 250 in a, ummm... Declasse Tornado."

"Suspect going north bound in a plane (I'm in a helicopter)

"Suspect is in a car!" (I'm swimming)

"Suspect going 80 in a, ummm... Bravado Buffalo." (STANDING STILL)

DISPATCH. GO HOME. YOU DRUNK.
  • visionist, Ragref, Alanbeales1 and 1 other like this

Olanov
  • Olanov

Police Officer

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:19 AM Edited by Olanov, 24 March 2014 - 03:21 AM.

They said over the radio I was going at 300mph

Impossible, she stops counting at 100mph's based on the game files.

Has anyone else noticed that there's always something going on in Vinewood Hills?

We know, there's a SWAT team already there. 

N.O.o.S.E. They announce themselves as N.O.o.S.E. agents.

Yeah the cops in this game aren't nearly as funny as they were in past GTA games, which is a shame.

Hey, at least we aren't filled with fat guys like in LC. Say that infront of another officer, and you'll get a 2 star wanted level automatically.

Now that is just a low blow! The Liberty City Police Department has plenty of fit officers around to keep things well in hand. In the picture below (which I put in spoiler tags) you can only see a few of the african american and hispanic variations, however, there are also caucasian and asian fit officers.

Spoiler
  • Militia and Alanbeales1 like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic. Law Enforcement Enthusiast.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

Now that is just a low blow! The Liberty City Police Department has plenty of fit officers around to keep things well in hand. In the picture below (which I put in spoiler tags) you can only see a few of the african american and hispanic variations, however, there are also caucasian and asian fit officers.

Spoiler

There is also Yard1's YCHOP mod as well. That has a few more cop heads cut from the beta.

Cheers.

Olanov
  • Olanov

Police Officer

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:21 PM Edited by Olanov, 24 March 2014 - 12:27 PM.

There is also Yard1's YCHOP mod as well. That has a few more cop heads cut from the beta.

Cheers.

Fun fact, they originated from my mod which I let him use. Then there's of course Custo's cops which bring back the caucasian head cut from the PC version. It was only present on the console version and it's textures on PC. Custo managed to import the head in from the TLAD prison guard back to M_Y_Cop since it is the same face model.

http://www.gta4-mods...eta-cops-f20724

• Alanbeales1 likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

Cheers.

Fun fact, they originated from my mod which I let him use. Then there's of course Custo's cops which bring back the caucasian head cut from the PC version. It was only present on the console version and it's textures on PC. Custo managed to import the head in from the TLAD prison guard back to M_Y_Cop since it is the same face model.

http://www.gta4-mods...eta-cops-f20724

Now that you mention it Yard did ask you for input into the YCHOP mod.

Cheers.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:24 PM

Now that you guys talk about it, I wonder if there are any beta heads. I swear I saw a non-bald LSPD white cop in one of the screenshots,

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

Heading back to topic now... this is what i've experienced.

*I shoot a crowd of people in Rockford hills in a specific Street, forgot the name, in the process I gain a star*

Citizens report; Shots fired at umh.... *Name of the Street*, Rockford Hills.

*I got to the tram station nearby and I resist arrest*

Officers report, suspect resisting arrest at Portola Drive.

*I kill the cop but the dispatcher does not report this fact*

*A helicopter arrives*

Eagle-7, we've arrived at suspect's coordinates.

*I run away while the helicopter shoots at my tires, eventually I crash and I get out of the vehicle*

Dispatch, the suspect is on foot!

- Roger.

*I outrun the cops, but the helicopter is still on my tail and unable to shoot me because im running along a scared crowd of civilians*

Does anybody have a visual of him?

This is Eagle-7, the suspect is on foot we're hovering above.

*I eventually arrive at mexican ranch in Alta*

Units be advised, air support is running low on fuel, returning to base.

*Cops arrive and get a visual on me*

Dispatch, we have a visual on him, we're moving in.

And the next thing you know is that I got killed because I was careles enough to shoot a cop in the leg and let him kill me.

• visionist, lizardman563, Yan22 and 2 others like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

I don't get why they say, "We've got a visual on the suspect, moving to engage," when I've broken line of sight with them, and gotten out of their field of vision. This happens constantly. I almost think it's a bug.  

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

I don't get why they say, "We've got a visual on the suspect, moving to engage," when I've broken line of sight with them, and gotten out of their field of vision. This happens constantly. I almost think it's a bug.  

Are you sure you're not spotted by helicopters? I really don't get why there are so many complaints about the hiding system. I hide all the time in the Vespucci area, and it works (well, ofcourse not 100%). If you commit a crime and have 1 wanted star, you need to leave the area as soon as possible, because peds will photograph you or call the police. If you're hiding in the direct area, cops will almost always find you. It's obvious, they circle the block a couple of times, and start investigating alleyways. But if you turn a couple of streets and go behind a dumpster or on a roof (no helicopters at low wanted levels, ofcourse) and nobody saw you enter, you have a pretty good chance of getting away with it. The only thing I believe they need to dial down is the waiting time for 1 star. It flashes waaayy too long and it get's pretty boring. But still, I think the search system works great for 'petty crimes', and it's even more awesome if you play without radar, hud and with headphones. Then you really start to pay attention to the increase or decrease of the sirene sound, the opening of the car door, the sound of boots getting close. I can't confirm the actual line of sight (because I have no radar), but I'm pretty sure it works well. I like the chase so much, I don't think I've ever been arrested. I either escape, or die trying.  :lol: Are your weapons gone when you're busted?

• visionist and Alanbeales1 like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:47 PM

I'm not getting spotted by choppers, they say it immediately after losing sight of me. Like, they're supposed to say that they've lost visual (because sometimes they do say that), but instead they say they've got a visual, like one of the sound files is in the wrong place or something.     

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:35 PM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 30 March 2014 - 09:38 PM.

Didn't the dispatch guy from IV have recorded lines for most of the vehicle names? I remember that he would narrow it down pretty good, although IV had a smaller amount of vehicles.

He also did the "Ummm.." thing, but he seemed more fluid than the one from V. And like said earlier, it's to break apart the lines so they sound a bit more natural. Although specific ones that the women from V says like "Suspect last seen innn... the ocean." are just plain bad.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:35 PM

Are your weapons gone when you're busted?

Well, you don't lose all your weapons per se, just all your ammo, and the weapon you were "holding" when you get busted. 

Saliva
  • Saliva

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:36 PM

Why can we even hear the police radios?

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:31 AM

Now that you guys talk about it, I wonder if there are any beta heads. I swear I saw a non-bald LSPD white cop in one of the screenshots,

Hmmm, you're avatar maybe? :lol:

Cheers.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

BMRF SECURITY

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:38 AM

Welp, its mostly a placeholder. The head is also used in the ifruit website when you talk to Siri.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Rest in Peace, kitty0706. Thanks for the Entertainment.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:44 AM

The cop broadcasts came out a lot more natural in IV. Just a small pause before the next vehicle detail, that's all you need. Not this "uhmmmmmm" crap.

And yes. I must say the LSPD has transferred all their resources from the joke-writing department to the guys-hanging-off-armored-SUVs-with-SMGs department. 

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

Why can we even hear the police radios?

I just kinda assumed Michael, Franklin, and Trevor had one of them police scanner apps on their cell phones or something. 

Alanbeales1
  • Alanbeales1

leader of State Trooper's PD [SAST]

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:26 PM

I had this once...

"Suspect driving in ocean in umm...Black Helicopter"  :blink:

Saaaay Whaaaat?! :facedesk: Dispatch for your information,I was in a bloody Cargobob! (story mode)

I think the Dispatch lady needs a :miranda: XD

Chips237
  • Chips237

We are all God's children

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

I had this once...

Saaaay Whaaaat?! :facedesk: Dispatch for your information,I was in a bloody Cargobob! (story mode)

Then you WERE in a black helicopter. Unless it's the one from Fort Zancudo.

The game recognizes all Cargobobs to be black.

LightningLord411
  • LightningLord411

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:46 PM

I had this once...

One does not simply drive a helicopter in the ocean, damn dispatch lady.
  • Alanbeales1 likes this

Alanbeales1
  • Alanbeales1

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

I had this once...

One does not simply drive a helicopter in the ocean, damn dispatch lady.

I know right,she must of been high on crack  :lol:

Acegunn
  • Acegunn

Weather Wonk

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:34 PM

Too bad it's not even a bit funny. Half of the messages is umm, umm, umm.  

I challenge any of you to listen to actual Police dispatch radio. It sounds exactly like this. 

I occasionally make ambient music and have spent hours listening to the dispatch - Chicago traffic in particular - and I've heard some ridiculous stuff. It's all public access as well, just look it up online. 

Personal favourite was something along the lines of 'we have a, ummmmm... homeless man in a parking lot... he's... witness says he has no pants on. Someone get him out of there'

Yep sounds like Chicago to me. I live 3hrs from there.

• Alanbeales1 likes this

Alanbeales1
  • Alanbeales1

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

Too bad it's not even a bit funny. Half of the messages is umm, umm, umm.  

I challenge any of you to listen to actual Police dispatch radio. It sounds exactly like this. 

I occasionally make ambient music and have spent hours listening to the dispatch - Chicago traffic in particular - and I've heard some ridiculous stuff. It's all public access as well, just look it up online. 

Personal favorite was something along the lines of 'we have a, ummmmm... homeless man in a parking lot... he's... witness says he has no pants on. Someone get him out of there'

yeah,I always listen to the Police radio,mainly because I'm patrolling Sandy Shores in a Patrol Car or Bike,while playing as Michel & wearing the Highway Patrol Uniform (Without Helmet) & sometimes respond to the location's given,or I just park next to a fellow Police officer's car on the highway & await any suspicious driver's,or join in the high speed police chases 

Alanbeales1
  • Alanbeales1

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

"Suspect umm on foot in umm Sandy Shores"

:facedesk: I'm not on foot,I'm on a quad bike,Stupid woman 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:15 PM

No one seems to have spotted that GTA cop radio has always been exactly like this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users