New Utility Truck?

37 replies to this topic
kstowe
  • kstowe

6x6 or bust

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

I have played GTA:O since it was released, I've noticed the little changes over the updates, but I have never seen this before:

0_0.jpg

I was in an invite only session and I saw this so I had to grab it. It was slow as hell, but it reminds me of the Vapid Contender from GTA IV. Picture below for comparison.  

Contender-GTA4-Stevie-front.jpg

They classified this truck as "Utility Truck, Utility" like I said, I have never seen it before.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

have you guys been noticing little additions like this to GTA:O? 

(Another example is how the public transport buses never used to spawn, and now they're in just about every session I join.)

Aero Dynamo
  • Aero Dynamo

#PCMasterRace

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:16 PM Edited by Aero Dynamo, 17 March 2014 - 05:16 PM.

Seen it a Billion times in SP and MP. You cant store it though.

Mattyp1514
  • Mattyp1514

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

I just want tow trucks.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

Been in the game since version 1.00

They recently changed the cargrp file, thats why we see "new" cars.

I get flooded with mananas, phoenixes, vigeros, tailgaters and more "rare" vehicles now.
  • kstowe likes this

kstowe
  • kstowe

6x6 or bust

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

Really? I guess everyone does get differnt vehicle spawns, I had never seen this truck before yesterday in either mode. Either way, has anyone else noticed the little changes that they have added over time? The costume guy outside the movie theater, I didn't see that until a like 2-3 months ago. Then there are these guys too;

0_0.jpg

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

Really? I guess everyone does get differnt vehicle spawns, I had never seen this truck before yesterday in either mode. Either way, has anyone else noticed the little changes that they have added over time? The costume guy outside the movie theater, I didn't see that until a like 2-3 months ago. Then there are these guys too;

-snip-

Once again, always been here

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

is it bravado?

• kstowe likes this

kstowe
  • kstowe

6x6 or bust

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

-snip-

Once again, always been here

I don't believe that, I used to live right down the street at the free (CE) 2 car garage, right next to the skate park, and they weren't there in the earlier versions.

is it bravado?

I believe it's based off of the Vapid Contender, but that truck isn't even in this game.

Aero Dynamo
  • Aero Dynamo

#PCMasterRace

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:28 PM

Has anyone else noticed the little changes that they have added over time? The costume guy outside the movie theater, I didn't see that until a like 2-3 months ago. Then there are these guys too,

0_0.jpg

I really don't get it why Rockstar has to implement stuff like that and waste space... I mean common no one even cares/looks at these peds/npc's. Over that they will never fix a road like that instead rockstar can just fix it in seconds. Why not remove that and instead add animals or say some new stuff?

Heists perhaps?

• Blingy likes this

Solid Scorpion
  • Solid Scorpion

FOXHOUND-SFG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

I've noticed spawn changes like others have said.

I see allot of busses and taxi's now.

kstowe
  • kstowe

6x6 or bust

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

Has anyone else noticed the little changes that they have added over time? The costume guy outside the movie theater, I didn't see that until a like 2-3 months ago. Then there are these guys too,

-snip-

I really don't get it why Rockstar has to implement stuff like that and waste space... I mean common no one even cares/looks at these peds/npc's. Over that they will never fix a road like that instead rockstar can just fix it in seconds. Why not remove that and instead add animals or say some new stuff?

Heists perhaps?

I am happy with the current state of the game, with the exception that every time I join random races, I get stuck in some terrible user created stuff. Other than that, I believe this is a great game. Hell, I keep coming back, even though I have Titanfall. Which is a MUST PLAY if you have an X-BONE and like FPS.

I like that if you look closely, you can notice the little things like that.

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:39 PM Edited by ChillerVapes, 17 March 2014 - 05:40 PM.

I won't be 'wowed' by any of these minor updates until we see police walking the street and in traffic (not just chasing some car in SP) or responding to other players shooting and blowing up stuff in MP.

I want them to be doing vehicle searches, chasing down peds, making arrests (what iv had but more complex and with more actions added to make them more realistic.)

The police system is seriously one of the most annoying things about this game.
  • Blingy and kstowe like this

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

was it locked? what did it say it was when you drove it?

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:56 PM Edited by Fox2Quick, 17 March 2014 - 05:57 PM.

-snip-

Heists perhaps?

I am happy with the current state of the game, with the exception that every time I join random races, I get stuck in some terrible user created stuff. Other than that, I believe this is a great game. Hell, I keep coming back, even though I have Titanfall. Which is a MUST PLAY if you have an X-BONE and like FPS.

I like that if you look closely, you can notice the little things like that.
All of this^ My life
  • kstowe likes this

PG.
  • PG.

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

It is the contender. I wish there was a civilian version

• kstowe and Black Terminator like this

kstowe
  • kstowe

6x6 or bust

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:03 PM Edited by kstowe, 17 March 2014 - 06:18 PM.

edit: ops 

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

Never seen it before.

kstowe
  • kstowe

6x6 or bust

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:18 PM

was it locked? what did it say it was when you drove it?

I was in an invite only session and I saw this so I had to grab it. It was slow as hell, but it reminds me of the Vapid Contender from GTA IV. Picture below for comparison.  

They classified this as "Utility Truck, Utility" like I said, I have never see it before.

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

Have you seen the Mariachi band that hang out by the parking lot used in the mission where you have to blow up cars for Simeon. Only saw them once though.

em1b16a2
  • em1b16a2

Post Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

I saw it a month ago or so tried to store it but no go.

kstowe
  • kstowe

6x6 or bust

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

Have you seen the Mariachi band that hang out by the parking lot used in the mission where you have to blow up cars for Simeon. Only saw them once though.

I haven't seen them yet, I believe I have seen pictures of them posted here before, I'm not quite sure where that is though. 

jameznash
  • jameznash

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:23 PM Edited by jameznash, 17 March 2014 - 06:25 PM.

There are a few different utility type vehicles that only seem to spawn on the road down to the docs.
l2_zps4d9529db.jpg

Another one of these has a lift on the back.

They have always been in online just hard to get them to spawn. I took this shot a few months ago. They are quite heavy to drive so not quick but can take a lot of damage and smash through traffic quite well.

chriiis125
  • chriiis125

Meat Shield

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:30 PM

As others said, it's not new to Online. Might be a more common spawn after the recent updates, though.

am30
  • am30

Boss

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:57 PM

These are not new, however they do seem to be more common than they were previously.  Time to start speculating.

coach_wargo
  • coach_wargo

D1rty Rummy

• D1RTY12
  • United-States
  • Best Snapmatic [Vehicle] 2013

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

I was surprised to see the subway running the last time I was online. I've stood in a subway stop for a good 30 minutes and never seen the train online. Then the other night I drive out of my garage on Alta and there's the train! I jumped on it just to take it for a ride.

Captain Mannering
  • Captain Mannering

Zuracation 仮面女子

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

There are a few different utility type vehicles that only seem to spawn on the road down to the docs.
l2_zps4d9529db.jpg

They have always been in online just hard to get them to spawn. I took this shot a few months ago. They are quite heavy to drive so not quick but can take a lot of damage and smash through traffic quite well.

The lift one is a cherry picker. They are found around the Dockland area but they are not common.

• coach_wargo and jameznash like this

Franceska
  • Franceska

You look up to me like I'm a pizza on the roof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

Might be me. I used to drive around in a bus trying to pick up random people. :panic:

coach_wargo
  • coach_wargo

D1rty Rummy

• D1RTY12
  • United-States
  • Best Snapmatic [Vehicle] 2013

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:29 PM

l2_zps4d9529db.jpg

The lift one is a cherry picker. They are found around the Dockland area but they are not common.

Is the cherry picker functional? It would cool to put people on top of light poles at sh*t.

Captain Mannering
  • Captain Mannering

Zuracation 仮面女子

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

l2_zps4d9529db.jpg

Is the cherry picker functional? It would cool to put people on top of light poles at sh*t.

Nope. You can get in the lift but it doesn't move up and down.

Wetherootesy
  • Wetherootesy

Just a Guy.

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

I like that these little changes are getting added in, I can remember saying to a friend I wish there was more taxi driving around and in the next session I had seen them casually driving, maybe they are slowly adding in these little features at a time and it won't be long before animals get added into the game, but as a post above said I want to see cop cars in traffic and patrolling the streets as then what's the point in the sound meter on the map?

One last thing they should do is give us more choice if cars to take to Simeon, these exports need a lot of FQ2 for some reason

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users