Quantcast

» «
Photo

Has GTAO been basically unplayable for anyone else?

28 replies to this topic
Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Juan more time

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:05 PM

the console freezes have increased tenfold since the last few weeks. I literally can't play at the moment, I've had five freeze-outs already today and plenty more crashing, dropping out of GTAO and back to single player... its basically unplayable at the moment.

Anyone else getting this? I know some people have reported freezing but the way its going on mine and my friends consoles, I thought this would be a bigger topic of discussion. move this topic to troubleshooting if you like, just wanted to have it here as I thought I would've seen one but haven't.

• Deadly Target, Dementious, lew3112 and 2 others like this

Biggie Kaniff
  • Biggie Kaniff

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:07 PM

I've heard about that issue since 1.11. Don't have it myself though, don't know how to solve it.

I have read about R* being dicks about it when someone contacted their support, was in some thread here on the forums.

• Dementious likes this

SchwartzJesuz
  • SchwartzJesuz

CPH Ultras

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:07 PM

Are you on Xbox or PS3?

I'm on PS3 and I've only had like 3-4 freezes in total since release.

• 2281 likes this

wimthetim
  • wimthetim

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:13 PM Edited by wimthetim, 17 March 2014 - 05:14 PM.

have always had this problem. hasn't got any worse since the last patch for me on ps3. try removing any other devices from your wifi like laptops and phones. reset your console and your router. give that a go. has worked for me in the past

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

Yeah since 1.11 constant crashes and lag seem to be more common making the game less enjoyable. It's bad enough that I've stopped playing over the last couple of days which for me is unusual. I'm gonna wait till another update comes around and I may start playing again. Thankfully a friend of mine bought Dark Souls 2 and it's been jolly co-operation for us.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

I get a lot of freezing issues since 1.11

Only when I'm in a lobby that's full or semi-full.

In solo sessions, it never ever happens.

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

yah crashed out of a session in the middle of helping my crew deal with twankers. I crash at least once ever 2 or 3 hours since 1.1

• Dementious likes this

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Juan more time

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:24 PM Edited by Mikeol1987, 17 March 2014 - 05:26 PM.

Its not less ENJOYABLE for me it is literally unplayable, I cannot stay in a server for more than 10 minutes at the moment without it freezing and/or dropping me out back to singleplayer. it is mainly freezing though, requiring a hard reset of my (PS3 - btw) This is damaging my machine in the long run and I tryed to contact Rockstar about it, but I've been banned from posting on the newswire (not due to my own actions) but due to rockstar not being able to see or take criticism for one thing...(wasn't even me using my account) I can't even post to the Support forum as when I try to go on any topic it blacks out my web browser.

I am actually feeling quite disappointed in Rockstar and as a GTA gamer of 17 years now, Feel let down by the company I used to think were the best, down to earth company out there.

But main and on topic, GTA online is quite literally, unplayable. its happening to alot of other people I've spoken to as well.

These kinds of problems need to not stay under Rockstars hat, like they are used to doing, but rather they need to be more open about these issues, especially if it is causing damage to my entertainment system that cost three times as much as their game does.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

it's the 1.11 patch. i had a freeze in singleplayer too yesterday. for the first time. and i played this game a lot since the release. 

Mattyp1514
  • Mattyp1514

Mark Ass Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:51 PM

I have read about R* being dicks about it when someone contacted their support, was in some thread here on the forums.

It's the only way you can get things done is to call them out on their own forums.  Put a ticket in 2/28, never got a response until today when I called them out on it.

Art:Vandelay
  • Art:Vandelay

Architect, Latex Producer, Marine Biologist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:51 PM

Ever since 1.10 I have started getting timed out errors and unknown network errors

lew3112
  • lew3112

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

Yeah there seems to have been a lot more connection issues over the last few days.

Mikeol2014
  • Mikeol2014

Juan more time

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

In this case I won't be playing GTA online I don't think until the next patch comes out, I don't want to damage my PS3 anymore than it already has been with all this hard resetting I've had to do.

Bit annoying really, finish work - wanna chill out and play GTA but can't. oh well. Forums are generally just as entertaining, if not more. haha.

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

Clearing the cache on my Xbox seems to help, especially with the lag.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

#MetInPR 😍

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

i have seen the console freeze only 4 times since 1.11

in the past 2 days the game have been close to unplayable because of the constant disconnects and unknow errors.

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

I've only had one freeze since 1.11. 

AceThaCreator
  • AceThaCreator

Yin & Yang

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

Yea sometimes but it was HORRIBLE yesterday there was this weird glitch my friends and i experienced where when we died the camera was stuck and wouldnt move and also another one where it kept saying i or friends kept leaving the mission idk about this 1.11 update but it screwed up gta online pretty bad.

Q_Man
  • Q_Man

Master of SHAQ-FU

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

Yeah its f*cking up..... More than the usual bullsh*t...

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:38 PM Edited by ChillerVapes, 17 March 2014 - 07:38 PM.

I hate to say this because I'm going to get a lot of jelly babies trying to bite my head off but, since 1.09, I haven't had any freezing and since 1.10, I've not seen a lobby wipe out (all the names pop up and say has left.)

I was thinking it was much better than it was before. I think I have only had 3 console crashes while playing gta 5. (One was my own fault by doing the Michaels house, attack of the clones glitch in single player) my PS3 basically ran out of free memory lol
  • pariah87 likes this

ceerock4ever
  • ceerock4ever

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

The game always freezes on me whenever I join or host a mission.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:44 PM

Has anyone tried clearing their cache??

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

Since the last update I have been unable to play with friends and 90% of the time it times out searching for a session. Its not my internet connection and Rockstar has failed to respond to me about it.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

I've only had freezing issues since about 3 or 4 days ago and I've froze maybe 6 times.  People have been complaining about the 1.11 update and I can see why now.  Before the 1.11 update, I had a total of 2 freezes since October., but around 6 freezes in only a few days.

NikkoCharger
  • NikkoCharger

Passive Mode Bandit...

• GTAF Crew
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:57 PM Edited by NikkoCharger, 17 March 2014 - 07:58 PM.

Yes my console froze while playing gta:o two days before the 1.11 update and now it won't read any more discs... 

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

I've only played it on Saturday and it was very tough to join my crew's lobby since we had to remake it a few times.. joining would lead to me hosting it solo or the game giving us an error.

The game also froze once which literally corrupted my game save and erased it. Yay

Funny thing is this was never happening since launch month, until the latest patch.

rob602pa
  • rob602pa

Maybe I'm just sleepwalking...

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

I've had more trouble on here then there...

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

I've had more freezing, but the other thing that I've had MUCH more of are connection errors.

I had a WEIRD one a few minutes ago where I was being chased by cops and other players and then all the sudden it looked like a lag-out (a bunch of the players in the lobby suddenly left), combined with cloud (cannot save to R* server) combined with the oddest aspect: the police that were chasing me were frozen in place, as were the players (now NPCs) who were near me.

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

Rockstar Verified Creator

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:24 PM Edited by handcuff_charlie, 17 March 2014 - 08:27 PM.

the console freezes have increased tenfold since the last few weeks. I literally can't play at the moment, I've had five freeze-outs already today and plenty more crashing, dropping out of GTAO and back to single player... its basically unplayable at the moment.

Anyone else getting this? I know some people have reported freezing but the way its going on mine and my friends consoles, I thought this would be a bigger topic of discussion. move this topic to troubleshooting if you like, just wanted to have it here as I thought I would've seen one but haven't.

Yes and no.

Unplayable? no

A noticed increased in freeze ups and longer than usual load times? yes

I'd say just over the past 3 or 4 days.

I have noticed that I get way more invites to jobs from friends/crew that say I cannot join or that the player is no longer in session. So much that I pretty much quit accepting them if I receive them after a loading event.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

its glitchers and its beyond the console freezes. they also will lag your session so its unplayable. not even a reset helps you go back to another session and it either freezes and you need to do a hard reset, or it will stutter so you see one frame per second. we identified a few glitchers when this happens and we blow them up to keep them from glitching like this, but if they get away from us, then they can freeze things up in 10-15 seconds.

Yes my console froze while playing gta:o two days before the 1.11 update and now it won't read any more discs... 

Clearing the cache on my Xbox seems to help, especially with the lag.

question to both of you, did somebody give you that badge? it wasnt me so your'e not suppose to be using it.......

• Mikeol2014 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users