Photo

How many free "DLC'S" Are even allowed?

24 replies to this topic
Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

I say this because i recall Microsoft having a policy on how many free DLC's you can have on one game, Not sure about sony, But do they both allow so much free stuff because of the cash cards, Or are Rockstar just slipping on by because they are treated as updates?

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

"Sorry for bad grammar, I'm at KFC"

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:42 PM Edited by Gta-freak-VI, 17 March 2014 - 05:21 PM.

I can't wait for the first paid DLC to drop and then come here afterwards to see people bitching about It, also that sounds like an odd policy of limiting amount of free DLCs :monocle:
  • dotCody, lew3112, am30 and 2 others like this

Franceska
  • Franceska

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

I can't wait for the first paid DLC to drop and then come here aftewwards to see people bitching about It, also that sounds like an odd policy of limiting amount of free DLCs :monocle:

They are kind of known for having weird policies. (Just look at the original XBone Policy) 

o0eVe0o
  • o0eVe0o

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

iv been considering these as patches instead of actual dlc iv heard about that limit to free dlcs but im not sure.

Because games before use to patch in content now days everything is all dlc this dlc that pay 9$ to get stuff that could of been patched into the game instead and i hate it.

DLC to me is expansions and i will not buy any dlc that isnt atleast an entire expansion on the game. With Rockstar and gta's track record of dlc i think the first major Paid DLC will be an expansion and something special, but we will see.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:54 PM

Microsoft and Sony may restrict DLC's that they host on their servers, wouldnt apply to R* as they have their own cloud servers (when they work)

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

9/9/14

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

Why should they have a limit? There is a reason why development companies have publishers. One being that you have to pay to put content on the networks. Free or paid DLC, Sony/MS still get paid.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

More Dakka Is Never Enough

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

I can't wait for the first paid DLC to drop and then come here aftewwards to see people bitching about It, also that sounds like an odd policy of limiting amount of free DLCs :monocle:

They are kind of known for having weird policies. (Just look at the original XBone Policy) 

It's hardly weird. Microsoft are greedy, it's about as simple as it gets.

• dotCody, GTA-Freak-Vi and Dementious like this

Maroofio
  • Maroofio

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:06 PM

iv been considering these as patches instead of actual dlc iv heard about that limit to free dlcs but im not sure.

Because games before use to patch in content now days everything is all dlc this dlc that pay 9$ to get stuff that could of been patched into the game instead and i hate it.

DLC to me is expansions and i will not buy any dlc that isnt atleast an entire expansion on the game. With Rockstar and gta's track record of dlc i think the first major Paid DLC will be an expansion and something special, but we will see.

DLC = Downloadable Content

Doesn't matter what you consider DLC or not fact is all the free content we've gotten for GTAO is DLC.

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

Why would there be a limit...I don't understand...says who?

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

its not dlc it's compatibility patches technically. rockstar wins threw poorly worded policy :p

Maroofio
  • Maroofio

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

its not dlc it's compatibility patches technically. rockstar wins threw poorly worded policy :p

It is DLC though.

Did you or did you not download the content?

wimthetim
  • wimthetim

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

they should all be free because cash cards exist

MistGoose
  • MistGoose

Consigliere

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

I say this because i recall Microsoft having a policy on how many free DLC's you can have on one game,

Let the X360 guys pay and let us PS3 users have it for free. That would work perfectly for me.

Although I think (Hope; rather) this is the reason.

Microsoft and Sony may restrict DLC's that they host on their servers, wouldnt apply to R* as they have their own cloud servers (when they work)

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

"Sorry for bad grammar, I'm at KFC"

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

It's hardly weird. Microsoft are greedy, it's about as simple as it gets.
True, micro$oft is known for being greedy
  • Dementious likes this

Jlogano22
  • Jlogano22

Playa

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:27 PM Edited by Jlogano22, 17 March 2014 - 05:28 PM.

I would rather pay for a $5 DLC and have it's contents free in game then this free DLC but have high in game prices

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

Microsoft allways is gonna be wanting money for ANYTHING.. Thank God this game isnt made by them

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

The DLC is incorporated into the patches on PS3, but it's actually DLC you have to download on top of the patch on Xbox360.

• Maineah likes this

ChillerVapes
  • ChillerVapes

Wondering aimlessly in a cloud, look up high n I'll be found

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

Since GTA Online uses its own cloud servers, I can't see how Microsoft can charge for playing online. I can understand it if a game uses xbox servers, but to charge to play a game which has no effwct on microsoft is outrageous!

So glad I have a ps3

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:54 PM

I would rather pay for a $5 DLC and have it's contents free in game then this free DLC but have high in game prices

Cash cards

djmatao
  • djmatao

Here for the Lulz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

i think that DLC limit refers to optional DLC.. so far none of the DLC given to us has been an optional download, its incorporated into the updates forcing you to have the DLC or else as far as i know you can not play online until you do their updates

If they were adding the DLC updates to the PSN or Xbox store as optional free downloads that were not required to play online that would count towards said limit.

Least thats how i see it.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

I say this because i recall Microsoft having a policy on how many free DLC's you can have on one game, Not sure about sony, But do they both allow so much free stuff because of the cash cards, Or are Rockstar just slipping on by because they are treated as updates?

Minecraft forced microsoft to change this policy. yay!

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

The DLC is incorporated into the patches on PS3, but it's actually DLC you have to download on top of the patch on Xbox360.

im not saying it's not dlc. I'm just saying rockstar can reword what it is.

tali vas Normandy
  • tali vas Normandy

EAT, SLEEP, SAVE THE GALAXY, REPEAT.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:03 PM

they should all be free because cash cards exist

This

Mass effect had 4 free MP DLC and I'm pretty sure it was because you could buy the pack which sold a lot. Morons were buying like $50 worth lol.

Also yeah its R* sever so I don't think they have to play by all MS rules.

Delminator
  • Delminator

Santa Claus

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

Funny how people think paranoia about this game.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:47 PM

I think all DLC'S will be free.  R* has a pretty cool idea, they release the DLC for free, make the contents cost money, and you can choose if you buy cash cards to get the DLC which gives them money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users