gasoline to blow pv's

41 replies to this topic
kmmu232
  • kmmu232

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:01 AM

i was using my PV to light the gas trail, i was charged both times,  i've done this method for months now,  charged twice in a row today.

i had done it yesterday no problem..

Idk whats up with it.

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:49 AM

Its one of the games inconsistencies. There are a couple.

Thecomrade9
  • Thecomrade9

Cya in badsport

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:51 AM

No, I did it twice today at the impound lot. I think as long as your bullets don't touch the car, you won't be charged.

SteveNYC
  • SteveNYC

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:58 AM

OP you forgot one ingredient. The exhaust backfire from either and Entity or a Turismo.

UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:02 AM

You have to light it with the flames from backfiring your car.

If you shoot to start the flames you'll be charged but if you start it via backfire you won't be.

True.

Not any more, it seems. I used to do it a lot and never once got charged, but just yesterday I got charged every time. I even tried lighting the fuel with a friend's personal vehicle and I still got charged for it.  :dontgetit:

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:19 AM

What if you take a street car and light it on fire, while it's next to the player car?

You can't use a street car because they don't backfire only PV backfire for some reason.
No, I meant if I place a street car next to their PV and then make the street car explode or whatever, and the ensuing blast also destroys their PV, would you be charged?

Yes it will still charge you if you to blow up a PV as a secondary blast.

I've done it before by accident i blew up a street car and my friend drove a little too close blowing up his car too and i was charged for it

I've started a fire using my engine backfire, and blew up a car. I got charged and warned for bad sport.

You either did something wrong or you're lying.

I'm pretty sure if you look back at patch notes it was even listed as a fix. Try it with a friend and let us know.

Also if you can "do it wrong" in some way then it's not really a foolproof way. You just get lucky it doesn't charge you. I want 100% repeatable ways.

Daisy chaining npc vehicles 2+ seems to works, also works better if you have a gas pump in the mix.

Pushing it into the water with an npc vehicle between your pv and theirs seem to work too.

I really wanna test more with help

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:34 AM

Impound garage. 

Gas on other PV's. 

Use my cars exhaust backfire. 

Car explodes and no BS/ Costs. 

This still works for me. 

aXsMatrix
  • aXsMatrix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:59 AM

Today I blew up a personal vehicle with a bounty in it with my Buzzard (rocket), I was not charged or warned.

WTFThisIsntWii
  • WTFThisIsntWii

Twerk Team

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:01 AM

OP, one thing you need to remember in life. Blowing is never free

And if it's free you probably don't want it... Because diseases.

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

Massacro <3

• Members
  • Australia
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:04 AM

Today I blew up a personal vehicle with a bounty in it with my Buzzard (rocket), I was not charged or warned.

You don't get charged/bad sported if you destroy a Bounty's car which results in them dying and you getting the bounty

• Gaffa likes this

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:04 AM Edited by Flexx, 21 April 2014 - 07:05 AM.

You don't get charged/bad sported if you destroy a Bounty's car which results in them dying and you getting the bounty

Wasn't always this way for everybody.
Up until patch 1.10 I always paid insurance if I exploded a player w/ bounty while in his own car. Thought it was normal.

It was only until someone else on the forum made a thread that I realized this wasn't supposed to be.

Like I said earlier, the game has inconsistencies. Pertaining to this topic I'll sometimes be forced to pay for a players PV when I ignite the gas trail, sometimes not. Heard stories of tank griefers sometimes paying for insurance when they blow up a car, and also heard instances of players paying half. I've never driven into a tank, but I've had my car exploded by one at least a couple dozen times since launch. While in the car driving, while out the car, and while not moving still in the car. Always had to pay when a tank blew up my PV. Now just yesterday for the first time ever, a tank blew up my pv while I was in it, and he was actually charged for it. Fact is, the game's inconsistent.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:04 AM

Inconsistent on direct methods. I'm talking about going that extra step. There has to be at least a few ways to avoid it if it's elaborate enough

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users