gasoline to blow pv's

41 replies to this topic
kmmu232
  • kmmu232

The Great One

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

I've done it twice today, both times i was charged with blowing up their pv  can anybody confirm that it has been changed???

thanks!

Mattyp1514
  • Mattyp1514

Mark Ass Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

I did it once on Sunday, felt like a dick but thats what you get for running me over getting to my car during RR...I didn't get charged.

kmmu232
  • kmmu232

The Great One

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

anybody tried it today?

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

Rick Sanchez is my Spirit Animal. Rick and Morty One Hundred Yea

• Members
  • Australia
  • April Fools Winner 2015

OP, one thing you need to remember in life. Blowing is never free

• dotCody, Killzone3265, Sangers and 4 others like this

Comandante-Olle
  • Comandante-Olle

Mark Chump

• Members

Noticed a change one day too another this weekend. Must have been patched in some way serverside.

Jlogano22
  • Jlogano22

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

Thank god if true

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

In Serious Relapse

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:47 PM

everytime i tryed this i always got bad sport warning...

that why i use the shutgun to the engine method.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

yes, you get charged.

Unless the vehicle says "this vehicle belongs to X" when you try the door handle, you're blowing up a dupe. It's been this way for months.  There's debate on whether dropping it in the ocean with a 'bob causes liability. I've yet to test it.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Go then, there are other worlds than these.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

Confirmed.  You used to be able to shoot an engine until it was on fire and not get charged when it blew (if you stopped shooting), but that has changed too.  I do notice I don't get charged for all the cars I destroy in a tank, only some of them...

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

Loose as I made your mother last night

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:07 PM Edited by KennethMBB, 17 March 2014 - 04:08 PM.

Any time I ever blew up a PV with a gas can or dropped it in the ocean with a C-Bob I got charged and a bad sport warning. I'm on the PS3, so it very well could just be an issue on xbox side. Other than that anyone saying its possible to not get bad-sport warning/charged doing this method is a liar and just trying to get attention. If they want to prove me wrong they can make a video of it.

You can pour gas on someones vehicle and if they get in it and start it with their exhaust fire that is their own fault. Whoever starts the fire will be charged and get warned even though its your gas. Same with sticky bombs, if you plant one on a car and someone else shoots it they will be charged/warned.

sweat pants boner
  • sweat pants boner

clit comander

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:37 PM

i havnt been charged. i was hanging out at mors and the impound all night last night blowing up peoples sh*t

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

General

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:40 PM Edited by AiraCobra, 17 March 2014 - 10:28 PM.

Any time I ever blew up a PV with a gas can or dropped it in the ocean with a C-Bob I got charged and a bad sport warning. I'm on the PS3, so it very well could just be an issue on xbox side. Other than that anyone saying its possible to not get bad-sport warning/charged doing this method is a liar and just trying to get attention. If they want to prove me wrong they can make a video of it.

You can pour gas on someones vehicle and if they get in it and start it with their exhaust fire that is their own fault. Whoever starts the fire will be charged and get warned even though its your gas. Same with sticky bombs, if you plant one on a car and someone else shoots it they will be charged/warned.

Then you're doing it wrong because I've never been charged when I'd done these things so no we're not lying you just don't know what you're doing it's been proven time and time again that it's possible and there have been threads on here where people talk about trolling people by doing this.

You have to light it with the flames from backfiring your car not with your gun.

If you shoot to start the flames you'll be charged but if you start it via backfire you won't be.

you can also shoot the car till it catches fire and soon as it catches fire stop shooting you can blow it up and not be charged but if you shoot it at all after it catches fire you will be charged.

Has anybody tried this with the Airstrike from Merryweather to see if you'll be charged?

• gnad.1992 and Mattyp1514 like this

baxterhancok
  • baxterhancok

Sniper

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:47 PM

You have to light it with the flames from backfiring your car.

If you shoot to start the flames you'll be charged but if you start it via backfire you won't be.

True.

Mattyp1514
  • Mattyp1514

Mark Ass Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

True.

True.

Thats what I did...chrome on chrome crime.  I wanted to see if you could start it with an adder....poor chrome carbo.

B-Turb0
  • B-Turb0

B-Turb0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

Just curious.... I don't condone these actions unless its like a few said. They piss u off and keep doing stupid things to u.

Can u light the gas trail and leave session, and not get charged?

Mattyp1514
  • Mattyp1514

Mark Ass Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:53 PM

Just curious.... I don't condone these actions unless its like a few said. They piss u off and keep doing stupid things to u.

Why leave and miss the best part...just use your backfire and you won't get charged.

B-Turb0
  • B-Turb0

B-Turb0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:54 PM

Just curious if it works lol that's all

gnad.1992
  • gnad.1992

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:58 PM Edited by gnad.1992, 17 March 2014 - 08:02 PM.

Thats how you get it done:

0.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

• AlienTwo likes this

ace514
  • ace514

Thug Mansion

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:15 PM Edited by ace514, 17 March 2014 - 08:17 PM.

I lit 4 cars up on fire, only got charged for one of them. Idk maybe it's random at times ?

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:18 PM

What if you take a street car and light it on fire, while it's next to the player car?

fofofofofofofofo
  • fofofofofofofofo

A.K.A OmgLolOmgLol

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:27 PM Edited by fofofofofofofofo, 17 March 2014 - 08:28 PM.

The shotgun to the engine method still works for me...I did it yesterday to some 8-year old idiot that kept spawnkilling everyone with his Entity. I used my automatic shotgun to shoot the engine until it was on fire...About a minute later, I hear "KABOOM!" and "WTF WHO DESTROYED MY CAR STOOOPPP IT MOOOOMMMMM THEY BLEW UP MY CARRRR" over the mic(lol'd at that), and no bad sport warning or insurance. :)

Anyways, I just shoot it until a little fire starts coming out. If they get in and accelerate the car to the max, I think it makes it explode even faster. 

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

General

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:22 PM Edited by AiraCobra, 17 March 2014 - 10:23 PM.

Yes you will still be charged.

What if you take a street car and light it on fire, while it's next to the player car?

You can't use a street car because they don't backfire only PV backfire for some reason.

Anyways, I just shoot it until a little fire starts coming out. If they get in and accelerate the car to the max, I think it makes it explode even faster. 

Yeah you can shoot the car till it catches fire and soon as it catches fire stop shooting you can blow it up and not be charged but if you shoot it at all after it catches fire you will be charged

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

You can't use a street car because they don't backfire only PV backfire for some reason.

No, I meant if I place a street car next to their PV and then make the street car explode or whatever, and the ensuing blast also destroys their PV, would you be charged?

Xcandidlawyerx
  • Xcandidlawyerx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:54 PM

Yes

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:06 PM Edited by smokingndriving, 17 March 2014 - 11:06 PM.

More expensive, but you can throw a few stickies on one side of a PV and then get in a fight with the police, taking cover on the other side from the stickies. Cops shoot one of the stickies, you don't pay.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:14 PM

This turned into another argent about liability. And everyone is so sure their method works.

We need a video proof of this so bad it hurts my brain.
  • LahTigre likes this

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:30 PM

http://gtaforums.com...iability-video/

MentalPX
  • MentalPX

Paranoid Lunatic

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:38 PM

I've started a fire using my engine backfire, and blew up a car. I got charged and warned for bad sport.

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

General

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:58 PM

No, I meant if I place a street car next to their PV and then make the street car explode or whatever, and the ensuing blast also destroys their PV, would you be charged?

Yes it will still charge you if you to blow up a PV as a secondary blast.

I've done it before by accident i blew up a street car and my friend drove a little too close blowing up his car too and i was charged for it

I've started a fire using my engine backfire, and blew up a car. I got charged and warned for bad sport.

You either did something wrong or you're lying.

homeskillet
  • homeskillet

Hustler

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:25 AM

I stole a kids car and he chased me for a while until he figured out how to kick me out of the car.

Luckily I was close to the airport and I got a cargobob, went back and picked it up then put it on the train while it was stopped at the station near by. I then hopped on the train and had fun watching him drive all over the map trying to get his car back,it was stuck in the train car and unable to drive even if he did get to it.

Anyways,stuff like this is also more entertaining then simply avoiding an insurance bill.

If you want to blow up someones car, just man up and use some explosives.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users